Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,715 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Is Psychic Power Evil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Psychic Power Evil? (1607 Views)

My Presence Affecting Other People In A Psychic Way. HELP. / Can A Born Again Christian Be Psychic / What Does Jesus Say About Psychics? / 7 Ways People Enter Into Evil Covenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Psychic Power Evil? by gianni(f): 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2010
u know all these stuff about palm-reading,people looking in your eyes and telling u what happened to u say 20yrs ago and what will happen in 5yrs time,blah,blah, a friend once told me it's the discerning spirit in these people that reveals things to them.just want to know,people,if it's safe or evil.eperiences, opinion?
Re: Is Psychic Power Evil? by ilosiwaju: 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2010
Actually, nobody can see the future for sure. Psychics are just clever individuals who use verifiable, careful though difficult methods to pick up body language clues then stitch it with certain permutations. They have been debunked so many times. Do you wanna talk about this?

back to your question: evil is relative but my definition is anything that harms others. if you read your palms or someone tells you am your enemy, keep it within you, attacking me makes it evil! grin
Seriously, those stuffs dont work.
ok?
Re: Is Psychic Power Evil? by PastorAIO: 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2010
What makes it valid is whether or not it works and the predictions are accurate. Not the methodology. Even if it involved reading of body language etc that doesn't mean that it is not a valid skill, as it can help to diagnose a problem, predict an outcome, or unveil a secret.

Me, I know for a fact that these things work. That I can get a pretty damn accurate premonition about a future event. What I can't tell is is the mechanism of how I got there. It feels like it is 'given' to me but quite possibly I could have 'calculated' it in my subconscious and then the answer just popped up in my head while I'm unaware of the process by which I arrived at the conclusion.

@ilosiwaju,
Why are you certain that it is a deliberate ploy to deceive?
Re: Is Psychic Power Evil? by ilosiwaju: 2:08pm On Jan 23, 2010
I said they have been debunked. Pastor, to be honest not all of them set out to deceive people but about its accuracy, it is probability. You may find it difficult to believe but som odds do favour certain circumstances and most of all, we tend to count the hits and not the misses.
Google Michael Shermer or visit some skeptic websites, you'll get what i mean,
will be with u later, this psychic stuffs interest me.
grin
Re: Is Psychic Power Evil? by PastorAIO: 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2010
Newton's laws of gravity are about probabilities too. They give very accurate likelihoods but they are still likelihoods all the same. So is Einstein's law of Gravity, yet Einstein's law of gravity is more accurate than Newton's.

All thinking is searching for likelihoods. I don't think that they have been debunked. Just because someone can do something similar with similar results doesn't mean that they did it be the same methods. Shermer might be able to make accurate predictions too, but that doesn't mean that he's done it by the same method.

I think we need to think more assiduously and critically about this matter.
Re: Is Psychic Power Evil? by sonmvayina(m): 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
No. it is not. we are spirit. walking a human path..not the other way round.
Re: Is Psychic Power Evil? by lawrencewalton9: 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2022
Getting a lost object psychic reading can be a worthwhile endeavor. There are several ways to go about it, including a quick search online or the local library. You can also try asking friends and family for suggestions. If nothing else, a lost object reading can help restore your peace of mind.

(1) (Reply)

Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? / Angel-shaped Cloud Appears After New Pope Is Announced. / Benny Hinn Needs You To Donate So He Can Clear His Debts...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.