Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,822 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured (83805 Views)

Armed Robber Shot Dead At Zenith Bank, Owerri By Police (Graphic Photos) / Police Reacts Over The Killing Of Malaysia-Based Nigerian In Owerri. Pictured / I Was At The Robbery Scene To Patronize Prostitutes: Suspect Confess(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Abbeyme: 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
nonhuman:
he was not the one who challenged the robbers the gallant officer died after 2months

Oh! Sad to hear that! So he was badly shot.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by tta(m): 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
Na lie no b him, she b u tell us say hin don die ni. Abeg say something beta
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by CharlotteFlair: 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
Adaowerri, you said you were there and the policeman didn't make it, what's your take on this?
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by vinjustice(m): 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
onadana:
And what is the Nigerian police and the bank where he was stationed doing about it.I just don't understand how we run things here.
Berra get use to it ,,,
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Ryda(m): 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
Watched the video.. I love the way he shot that marafucka in the head

if it is truly him oO
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by hollowpot15684(m): 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
Nenejeje:
@ op that could be anybody's leg

give us pictures

compare the slippers mowron.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Parkwell77(m): 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
Make them drop account number na
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by domchike(m): 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
That guy was so lucky he could have gotten himself killed I wonder why he had to run on an opened fire, he successful took down one of the robbers and could have taken the one that comes down from the vehicle and the driver was unarmed could hve been an easy take but the guy chickened out and choose to run in the line of fire. Thats why I love military men

1 Like

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by delishpot: 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
If I can safely guess......... Nigeria has abbandoned him. Bubu went abroad to treat ear infection while those serving the country get treated in slaughter houses called hospitals.

1 Like

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Prince16: 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
paskyboy:
[s]NIGERIA NOT WORTH DIEING FOR, THIS IS NOT A COUNTRY, THIS CAN'T HAPPEN IN A COUNTRY[/s]
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by jimb(m): 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
ut fr that video gahn, the theif wey dem shoot no get experience na why dem take am down, en fr first observe but cos say en carry gun liver full.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Enemyofpeace: 10:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
Breaking News as posted by Asst Police FPRO ACP Abba Kyari:Sir, The most Notorious High Profile Persons Kidnapper in Nigeria Evans has been Arrested my IRT/TIU Operatives in his Magodo estate Mansion Lagos State 1pm of today 10/6/17.I am the Happiest Person on Earth Today. I Thank GOD 1 billion times. Lagos will have peace now.IRT Headquarters Abuja Celebrating The arrest of Evans The most Brilliant and Notorious High Profile Kidnapper in the History of Nigeria who have Collected Billions of Naira As Ransom over the last 7yrs as the Kingpin of Kidnappers. Subject was Arrested 1pm today 10/6/17 in His Mansion at Magodo Estate Lagos.Kudos for Nigeria Police, Kudos for IGP Ibrahim Idris who declared evans wanted and Mobilized all the Resources of Nigeria police force led My The Intelligence Response Team IRT supported by TIU to go all out against the Most Brilliant, Richest and most Notorious Kidnapper in the History of Nigeria. Vampire is the most Deadly kidnapper in History and Evans remains the Most Notorious, Brilliant And Crafty Kidnapper in History. Long Live Nigeria Police, Long live IGP Ibrahim Idris, Long Live IRT.IGP has Directed the FPRO CSP Jimoh Moshood To Proceed from Abuja to Lagos and Parade Evans and his Gangmembers in Lagos by 12noon tomorrow Sunday 11/6/17 at the Command Headquarters Lagos.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by iukpe: 10:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
He should have faith in God, because of him, this story has resurfaced. And he can still work and defend the lives of innocent people.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by iukpe: 10:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
domchike:
That guy was so lucky he could have gotten himself killed I wonder why he had to run on an opened fire, he successful took down one of the robbers and could have taken the one that comes down from the vehicle and the driver was unarmed could hve been an easy take but the guy chickened out and choose to run in the line of fire. Thats why I love military men

O boy at that point decision making is a matter of seconds. Being in that little room unable to look out of the window, you will not know whether they have dynamites or rocket launchers. They just got there, he doesn't know whether the next batch of robbers are coming in and he just killed one.

1 Like

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Ifebazz(m): 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
domchike:
Talking bunkers. In an enclosure and a guy already sprayed gun shots into it via the window before he foolishly came to confirm his kill only to meet his timely death. You still want a man, police or not to remain inside not knowing whether the others were coming over too? Moreover, you don't know his stockpile of ammunition could last him the next few seconds. It was a split second decision and I think the policeman perhaps took the most logical one.

4 Likes

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by naturefellow(m): 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
juniior:
Can anybody guess what will happen to Hausa's in the SE and SS, when the Oct 1st quit notice takes effect?? cheesy
how does that relate to this topic?
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by cybriz82(m): 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
juniior:
Can anybody guess what will happen to Hausa's in the SE and SS, when the Oct 1st quit notice takes effect?? cheesy

All dat 1 na story nting dey happen.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by solelymade: 12:47am On Jun 11, 2017
iukpe:

O boy at that point decision making is a matter of seconds. Being in that little room unable to look out of the window, you will not know whether they have dynamites or rocket launchers. They just got there, he doesn't know whether the next batch of robbers are coming in and he just killed one.

U just made valid point. Nairalanders are more sensational rather than being pragmatic. The footage shows the robbers neva engaged or shot at the security house when they came down rather they shot into the air just to scarce away inhibitors which means they were focused on the man with cash than trying to engage obstacles until the policemen in the gatehouse shot at them, which brought the attention of the deceased robber to engage them; a more ruthless gang of robbers would at the very point of navigation into the bank carpark shoot the unarmed uniform guard and fire at anything at sight.

The police gave their position away by shooting at the robbers, otherwise those robbers in that video would just avẹ been oblivious of them, collect the cash for their victim and move on, mayb a Zero casualty scene.

Also I think the robbers were not actually prepared to attack their victim within a bank premise with security (and a bank robbery Either) , they probably did that as a necessity. The scenario is more of trailing the victim by following the victim's car until they get to a safe place to attack, but plan changed when they realised the victim just drove into a bank and will most likely deposit the money they sought. The necessity induced to attack the victim in a bank premise, so as not to lose the money. Probably a large sum.

Edited: I just saw a lengthy version of the clip about 2:58seconds, the robbers car was the car reversing after moving past the bank, they definitely were trailing the victim until the victim made for the bank. They weren't prepared for that, yet took d risk, took the hit... Lol

I don't blame the police for engaging them, they were probably relaxing in the security house with guns held loosely. Not pre-informed or premeditated, they heard gunshots, enclosed in a very small room built with perforated 7or 9inches cement blocks with just 20mm thickness, with the shots fired from less than 15 metres diameter, not sure of the numbers of the robbers, peeped through the window and saw Ak-47, a deadly weapon capable of ripping through metals.

Instinct for survival says u stand a chance by fighting your way out of the rat-hole, make it to the back of the bank and probably scale the fence outrightly escaping or take better vintage battle strategic positions.
I won't have done otherwise, that security house is no safe house in this unscripted movie. Nairandlers ova...

2 Likes

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by solelymade: 1:11am On Jun 11, 2017
Ifebazz:

Talking bunkers. In an enclosure and a guy already sprayed gun shots into it via the window before he foolishly came to confirm his kill only to meet his timely death. You still want a man, police or not to remain inside not knowing whether the others were coming over too? Moreover, you don't know his stockpile of ammunition could last him the next few seconds. It was a split second decision and I think the policeman perhaps took the most logical one.

Very valid, maybe some they think this is a movie where 100 bad guys shoot at Van Damne and surprisingly VD only takes a bullet hole in the stomach while he kills all 100 with a 9mm revolver.... Lol
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by suremanpatriot: 1:36am On Jun 11, 2017
ochobaba:
That's a gallant man..he deserves an award
...This man should be promoted to deputy IG for showing other personnel how to do the job.
THANK GOD HIS WELL.

HE MUST NEVER BE ABANDONED, GOD PEOPLE SHOULD RALLY ROUND AND HELP THIS GUY, HIS IS A ROLE MODEL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by CaptainFM1: 1:48am On Jun 11, 2017
Receive sense Nigerians. Do rush sending money to this one ooo. There's a news going round that the Sergeant died. This one looks like a scam ooo
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by ochobaba(m): 5:39am On Jun 11, 2017
suremanpatriot:

...This man should be promoted to deputy IG for showing other personnel how to do the job.
THANK GOD HIS WELL.

HE MUST NEVER BE ABANDONED, GOD PEOPLE SHOULD RALLY ROUND AND HELP THIS GUY, HIS IS A ROLE MODEL.
You right bro..I hope police service commission should do the needful
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by iamkingzlee(m): 7:15am On Jun 11, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
the armed robbers kissed him in his eye's
Lmao

1 Like

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by passionatebae: 7:53am On Jun 11, 2017
[quote author=Nna17 post=57395265][/quote]

Lemme pretend not to notice u

Happy New week
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Galantsantana(m): 7:57am On Jun 11, 2017
Abbeyme:

The video is scary. But that action was prompt and he acted responsibly within allowable response time.

Bravo to him while wishing him speedier recovery.

But I feel Zenith Bank ought pick that further medical bill and put him on pension in case he has disability in that eye.

My personal thought o.
This happened while on active service. The NPF shud be responsible for everytin 100%. Zenith bank too shud show concern.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by naptu2: 8:36am On Jun 11, 2017
doctokwus, jakumo, slap1, mployer, partnerbiz2, nubilove, jabioro, imam07,
Justuceleague2

Here's the confirmation. There were four policemen on the premises. Three were in the guardhouse and a fourth had just left the guardhouse and gone to a back room when the robbers struck.

The fourth policeman confirmed that two policemen, Iboko and Agbor, died from their injuries and a third, Otu Itan (who is the subject of this thread), was shot in the eye.

Punch reports that one of Sergeant Iboko's children slumped and died at his funeral.

http://punchng.com/brave-policemans-son-5-slumps-dies-at-dads-burial-cop-spent-only-three-days-at-bank-before-attack-bank-police-abandoned-my-seven-kids-and-i-wife/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Jabioro: 9:17am On Jun 11, 2017
naptu2:
Justuceleague2

Here's the confirmation. There were four policemen on the premises. Three were in the guardhouse and a fourth had just left the guardhouse and gone to a back room when the robbers struck.

The fourth policeman confirmed that two policemen, Iboko and Agbor, died from their injuries and a third, Otu Itan (who is the subject of this thread), was shot in the eye.

Punch reports that one of Sergeant Iboko's children slumped and died at his funeral.

http://punchng.com/brave-policemans-son-5-slumps-dies-at-dads-burial-cop-spent-only-three-days-at-bank-before-attack-bank-police-abandoned-my-seven-kids-and-i-wife/amp/

Thanks for the correct info.. Have a blessed Sunday..
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by doctokwus: 9:36am On Jun 11, 2017
Jabioro:
Thanks for the correct info.. Have a blessed Sunday..
4 police officers to 2 opposing armed robbers and they suffered that much casualty with only 1 robber gunned down!
D more reason why late sergeant Iboko is even more of a hero now because it now looks like after d 2 others with him in d security post were injured,dey became incapacitated,he then shot and killed that overconfident robber and ran to look for a better cover.
In advanced societies,Iboko wud by now be posthumously honored & a high powered inquiry instituted to find out if anyone of those officers alive acted cowardly,displayed poor professional judgement or even exposed other colleagues,particularly Iboko to outright death because soon as he ran out shooting at d robber in d car,any other still alive in that post,as far as he was alive,shud av @least offered distracting shots to d robber to enable Iboko reposition to an advantageous location.
Iboko most probably apart from making d ultimate sacrifice,may av been d single cause of d 3 others being alive because by seeking better cover,he forced dose murderous robbers to focus only on him,with the assumption that d other policemen were dead from d initial hale of bullets.
I even more now salute d uncommon courage of late sergeant Iboko.May his soul RIP.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Jabioro: 10:02am On Jun 11, 2017
doctokwus:

4 police officers to 2 opposing armed robbers and they suffered that much casualty with only 1 robber gunned down!
D more reason why late sergeant Iboko is even more of a hero now because it now looks like after d 2 others with him in d security post were injured,dey became incapacitated,he then shot and killed that overconfident robber and ran to look for a better cover.
In advanced societies,Iboko wud by now be posthumously honored & a high powered inquiry instituted to find out if anyone of those officers alive acted cowardly,displayed poor professional judgement or even exposed other colleagues,particularly Iboko to outright death because soon as he ran out shooting at d robber in d car,any other still alive in that post,as far as he was alive,shud av @least offered distracting shots to d robber to enable Iboko reposition to an advantageous location.
Iboko most probably apart from making d ultimate sacrifice,may av been d single cause of d 3 others being alive because by seeking better cover,he forced dose murderous robbers to focus only on him,with the assumption that d other policemen were dead from d initial hale of bullets.
I even more now salute d uncommon courage of late sergeant Iboko.May his soul RIP.
Amen !!!
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Jakumo(m): 10:04am On Jun 11, 2017
naptu2:
Justuceleague2

Holy Toledo ! Those cops never stood a chance, yet they COULD have prevailed, IF ONLY their first volley of shots fired made clean kills. The cinder-block wall of the guard room, unless purpose-filled with solid concrete, would never have stopped an AK round fired at 50 feet. When the cops initially heard the robbers loosing off warning shots outside on emerging from their car, the tactical advantage was on the lawmen's side, for just one fleeting and pivotal instant, during which the cops tragically aimed too LOW, hitting the ground in front of the car, before adjusting their fire to shatter the front window of the banditos car, thus giving away their position without actually downing any of the robbers, at that point.

Once the cops opened up, they were sitting ducks to the gang, in that small room, whereby one of the bandits swiveled round to charge the guard room whilst firing full-auto, only to be cut down by return fire from the only surviving policeman in the room. All this time, the most deadly and battle-skilled of the robbers simply hunkered down out of sight in the back seat of the car, after first shooting out the tinted back window of the car himself, before biding his time leaned over in that back seat, awaiting any opening to launch his counter-attack.

While all this was occurring, the robber who went to grab the money, deafened by his own shooting throughout, remained totally ignorant of the gunfight in progress, while grabbing the money and killing its owners, before strolling casually out into the street to guard the reverse of their getaway car. For all the twists of fate crammed into so few moments in time, that video clip will go down in history as one of the most spectacular firefights ever recorded in the annals of Nigerian crime history.

In this light, it may in fact be true that the photograph published at the start of this discussion thread may show a survivor from that epic clash. That said, it would still be prudent to retain a certain level of cautious skepticism, whenever it comes to online appeals for funding of any sort, given the way in which incidents of this nature have been exploited in the past by scam artists.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Exploit2011(m): 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
Abbeyme:

The video is scary. But that action was prompt and he acted responsibly within allowable response time.

Bravo to him while wishing him speedier recovery.

But I feel Zenith Bank ought pick that further medical bill and put him on pension in case he has disability in that eye.

My personal thought o.

You are in the spirit bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kidnappers Kill Member For Fleeing With N5m, Buying Lexus (pics) / Yabatech Student Assaulted In Oshodi Bus By 8 Men / First Bank Robbery: Banker, Three Others Arrested, One Killed As Siege Ends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.