Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) (4070 Views)

Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo) / Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting / President Still Reviewing Manitoba TCN Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by edoyad(m): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2010
Read the Following to get a picture. What is Nigeria's president doing in Saudi ?   

[url=http://www.worldbulletin.net/news_detail.php?id=40035
]
http://www.worldbulletin.net/news_detail.php?id=40035
[/url]
Nigeria signs OIC Charter
OIC head received Nigerian ambassador to Saudi Arabia.
Tuesday, 14 April 2009 10:44

World Bulletin / News Desk

The Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Conference, Professor Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu on Saturday received Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Abdullahi M. Garba Aminchi, and his accompanying delegation at the OIC General Secretariat.

During the meeting, the Nigerian Ambassador signed the new OIC Charter, the organisation said on its website.

Views on various ways to further improve bilateral relations between Nigeria and OIC were also exchanged in the meeting.

[url=http://ztruth.typepad.com/ztruth/2009/04/nigeria-signs-oic-charter.html
]
http://ztruth.typepad.com/ztruth/2009/04/nigeria-signs-oic-charter.html
[/url]

zTruth

* Stop Islamism!
    * CAIR, the Muslim Brotherhood and more,
    * CAIR Oklahoma
    * Islam in OK - Pt 2
    * 2010 Terror plots,

« CAIR Florida slams Rep. House Leader, Adam Hasner! | Main | Department of Homeland Security: Right-wing extremists a growing threat! »
April 14, 2009
Nigeria signs OIC Charter

In mid March, the Saudi-based Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) revised their 1972 charter.  This organization is likely positioning itself to be the next Islamic caliphate:

", Adopted unanimously, the new charter allows new countries to join the 57-Muslim body with just a majority vote instead of the usual unanimous agreement, reported Agence France-Presse (AFP).

It allows faster decision making, creating new institutions for the 57-nation body and streamlining the OIC's operations.

, The charter was adopted after several days of intense talks and despite the absence of several prominent leaders including Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah and Libya's Moamer Kadhafi.

, "The possibility of an Islamic Renaissance lies before us," Indonesia's President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono told the summit.  "We need to get our act together as an organization of Muslim nations."

Islamonline

-----

Also see:

OIC Charter

OIC Member States

The Federal Republic of Nigeria signs the OIC Charter

OIC discusses set-up of an independent and permanent human rights commission

Iran president to attend Geneva racism meet: UN
Reuters - ‎7 hours ago‎
Also present will be Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, secretary- general of the 56-nation Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), which has sought to have ,

An Islamic Caliphate may be closer than you think
UN urged to reject bar on defamation of religion
Reuters - ‎Mar 25, 2009‎
The OIC resolution says "Islam is frequently and wrongly associated with human rights violations and terrorism" and calls on UN member states "to combat ,

President Obama to work with OIC; its Fight Council approves of martyrdom!

Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2010
He is probably perfecting his skills in the art of suicide bombing grin grin
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by edoyad(m): 5:17pm On Jan 21, 2010
Do you by any means know what it means for your country to be a member state of the O I C- Organisation of Islamic Countries ?
Go and read and understand it and don't be fooled by any of those, "it means nothing" lines.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2010
edoyad:

Do you by any means know what it means for your country to be a member state of the O I C- Organisation of Islamic Countries ?
Go and read and understand it and don't be fooled by any of those, "it means nothing" lines.

My country? shocked

God forbid that I should remain in the same country as those blood sucking fools who have no ambition in life!
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by edoyad(m): 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2010
The statement by the Indonesian president shows the world should be prepared for a new order.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by hatch: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2010
edoyad:

I think it's Idi.ots like you that start religious mayhem in Jos and other parts of the nation. Grow up and stop instigating religious and secterain violence with such dumb posts angry
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by sjeezy8: 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2010
hatch#:

I think it's Idi.ots like you that start religious mayhem in Jos and other parts of the nation. Grow up and stop instigating religious and secterain violence with such dumb posts angry

The guy is a fool and is in no way different than those who started the riots across the north.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by edoyad(m): 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2010
@hatch and sjeezy, please educate idiots like me who fear for my cherished liberties why i should feel secure with people who want my country to be part of the ORGANIZATION OF ISLAMIC CONFERENCE/COUNTRIES, whatever that means ?
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2010
hatch#:

I think it's Idi.ots like you that start religious mayhem in Jos and other parts of the nation. Grow up and stop instigating religious and secterain violence with such dumb posts  angry

I would have responded to your post but seeing your location which is Yemen i decided not to do that as it will amount to an exercise in futility.

Keep honing your suicide bombing skills there but be rest assured that it shall explode while strapped to your hijab.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by edoyad(m): 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2010
Amen sunnybobo, though i don't believe in God i don't see why others must be forced to someones God.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by citizenY(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2010
' :-x
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by youngies(m): 6:46pm On Jan 21, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

I would have responded to your post but seeing your location which is Yemen i decided not to do that as it will amount to an exercise in futility.

Keep honing your suicide bombing skills there but be rest assured that it shall explode while strapped to your hijab.

@hatch#
Don't let this prediction come true . . .
Avoid using your hijab, try your anus (perfect place for an explosion) grin

Sunny_bobo na die cheesy
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by tundewoods(m): 6:46pm On Jan 21, 2010
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by hatch: 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

@Sunny_bobo
Its funny how NL churns out Retards in their masses. My present location is irrelevant to the issues at hand. And the fact remains that people like you are responsible for brewing and instigating religious violence with dumb speculations such as this one.

edoyad:

Amen sunnybobo, though i don't believe in God i don't see why others must be forced to someones God.

@edoyad

Priding yourself as a non believer in God seems to be one of your sole aims on this forum. I think we can tolerate that but using this medium to promote religious violence i believe is crossing the line of freedom. undecided angry angry
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2010
hatch#:

@Sunny_bobo
Its funny how NL churns out Retards in their masses. My present location is irrelevant to the issues at hand. And the fact remains that people like you are responsible for brewing and instigating religious violence with dumb speculations such as this one.

Priding yourself as a non believer in God seems to be one of your sole aims on this forum. I think we can tolerate that but using this medium to promote religious violence i believe is crossing the line of freedom. undecided angry angry

Havent we all become disenchanted with the muslim trick of accusing others of "promoting" religious violence that IS ALWAYS carried out by muslims? Why is it that you can disparage other religions, insult them on the web and in public, enact laws against them WITHOUT PROMOTING RELIGIOUS VIOLENCE? Why is islam different? How on earth can a mere thread on NL be responsible for instigating religious violence? Are muslims so prone to violence?
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by hatch: 7:07pm On Jan 21, 2010
davidylan:

Havent we all become disenchanted with the muslim trick of accusing others of "promoting" religious violence that IS ALWAYS carried out by muslims? Why is it that you can disparage other religions, insult them on the web and in public, enact laws against them WITHOUT PROMOTING RELIGIOUS VIOLENCE? Why is islam different? How on earth can a mere thread on NL be responsible for instigating religious violence? Are muslims so prone to violence?

@ davidylan

For your information,i am not a muslim and its really shallow to think that everyone in Yemen is actually a muslim. Not back to the subject.I really wonder sometimes where exactly it is that you stand when it comes to political issues with religious undertones.

I've followed your responses on threads on the religious section of NL and you appear to me as confused violent christian defender. No offence to christianity but brash way of suddenly bashing anything muslim is honestly the primary cause of many religious related crisis in Nigeria. When people of different faiths are not tolerant of each other,we are bound to have re occurring decimals in the likes of the jos mayhem.

face the issues and stop the muslim side bashing.Both you and i know that this thread regards the OIC and Yar 'adua is totally false. Raising such assumption will only mischief motivated.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:09pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ hatch,

Can u please tell us what you are doing in Yemen?

R u the girlfriend Umar Muttalab left behind in yemen shocked
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by hatch: 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

@ hatch,

Can u please tell us what you are doing in Yemen?

R u the girlfriend Umar Muttalab left behind in yemen shocked

@ Sunny bobo

I work in Sanaa
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2010
now now my dear  hatch . . . you really make precious little sense. Now lets analyse much of your drivel . . .

hatch#:

@ davidylan

For your information,i am not a muslim and its really shallow to think that everyone in Yemen is actually a muslim.

Not once did i allude to where you live or what religious affiliation you are. Not once did i allude to whether your place of abode has anything to do with Yemen or Jupiter for that matter. It seems you are responding with no sense of direction.

hatch#:

Not back to the subject.I really wonder sometimes where exactly it is that you stand when it comes to political issues with religious undertones.

Only confused souls have a problem with where i stand when it comes to politics and religion. I can be no more clear than i have been so far.

hatch#:

I've followed your responses on threads on the religious section of NL and you appear to me as confused violent christian defender.

Arent we also tired of the islamic charade of labelling others "violent" as a way to excuse their own inherent violence? If i were a "violent" christian defender you probably would not want to sit in the same airline with me. Now i'd have no problems flying on the same aircraft with a fellow "violent" christian defender or a hindu or an atheist . . . but i would damn well REFUSE to get on an airline carrying an imam with beards and the usual islamic regalia. Now you can go figure out why.

hatch#:

No offence to christianity but brash way of suddenly bashing anything muslim is honestly the primary cause of many religious related crisis in Nigeria.

This is BS. To claim that "bashing islam" is the PRIMARY CAUSE of "religious related crisis" in Nigeria makes you out as a confused and deliberately dishonest individual.

First of all let us clarify this nonsense that what we have in Nigeria is "religious crisis" . . . what we have is ISLAMIC CRISIS! No other religions, be they christianity, atheism or animists have a problem co-existing with each other. We have not heard of ifa priests going on rampage with Sango worshippers . . . ONLY MUSLIMS go on violent rampage in Nigeria.

Secondly . . . other religions are constantly "bashed" too . . . infact atheists now drive buses in the UK with anti-christian messages. There have been no "religious related crisis" yet. Ever watched the Davinci Code? Did you hear any violence? Hypocrites.

hatch#:

When people of different faiths are not tolerant of each other,we are bound to have re occurring decimals in the likes of the jos mayhem.

Everyone is tolerant of each other . . . except muslims. I think that is the issue you should address . . . ask yourself why ALL the religious crisis in nigeria occur ONLY in the muslim dominated north. We have people of "different faiths" everywhere else . . . we dont hear such bloodcurdling violence from them. Something is wrong with islam!

hatch#:

face the issues and stop the muslim side bashing.

We are "facing the issues" . . . the one YOU refuse to face. Islam is violence period! We as a country REJECT being a part of the violent and backward OIC.

hatch#:

Both you and i know that this thread regards the OIC and Yar 'adua is totally false. Raising such assumption will only mischief motivated.

You're lying to yourself.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by hatch: 7:31pm On Jan 21, 2010
davidylan:

First of all let us clarify this nonsense that what we have in Nigeria is "religious crisis" . . . what we have is ISLAMIC CRISIS! No other religions, be they christianity, atheism or animists have a problem co-existing with each other. We have not heard of ifa priests going on rampage with Sango worshippers . . . ONLY MUSLIMS go on violent rampage in Nigeria.

Everyone is tolerant of each other . . . except muslims. I think that is the issue you should address . . . ask yourself why ALL the religious crisis in nigeria occur ONLY in the muslim dominated north. We have people of "different faiths" everywhere else . . . we dont hear such bloodcurdling violence from them. Something is wrong with islam!

@ davidylan

Save us all the stories. I have saved myself some stress by highlighting some important points that will prove that you are one violent aggreaved individual.You sometimes take these things to personal and i am interested in seeing where it will lead you. As i have already stated i am not a muslim but live and work in Yemen. Which shows that atleast the level of tolerance there is enabling for me to reside and feel free.

But i wonder what the world will be if it was packed with narrow minded people like you that believe that they should blame islam for all the troubles and shortcomings in their life.

Your rage and anger towards Islam is pathetic but laughable.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by real4life: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2010
davidylan:

Well this is nairaland politics section, and I am sure the person that created it did not mean to provide an avenue for you to revenge the "insults from Muslims" you may have suffered. You should go back to the "web or public place" where that happened and retaliate if you have to.

Why don't we behave like civilized human beings and discuss politics here. I have even noticed that some of the people I enjoy reading their posts have been isolated for some time now due to all the hate and anger pouring out here.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by hatch: 7:41pm On Jan 21, 2010
real4life:

Well this is nairaland politics section, and I am sure the person that created it did not mean to provide an avenue for you to revenge the "insults from Muslims" you may have suffered. You should go back to the "web or public place" where that happened and retaliate if you have to.

Why don't we behave like civilized human beings and discuss politics here. I have even noticed that some of the people I enjoy reading their posts have been isolated for some time now due to all the hate and anger pouring out here.

@real4life

Thank you for your wise attempt to restore sanity. The fact is that most of the babies on NL just love to easily start religous bashing and raising un necessary sentiments on threads. I simply tried to point out the fact that the clain by the original poster was totally false when he tried to raise the theory that the present absence of the president was OIC related.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by g1(m): 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2010
@davidylan,
hello how are you doing, i am new here and from the number of posts you have i understand you are a veteran here, from your posts i can see why you have a problem with islam but is it fair that you condem every muslim including every man, woman, and child that is of muslim faith?, i started a topic in the politics section : "Painting Everyone with the Same Brush Syndrome", i was talking about condemning an entire ethnic/religious group for the actions of some of them, so are you telling me that its every muslim(man, woman and child) that is out to cause terror? ofcourse not, so holla back and tell me what you think?

peace
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by edoyad(m): 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2010
Davidylan you're really insightful with your critical analysis of this affair. Because what it all boils down to at the end of the day is, can we trust the hausa man's actions putting in mind all that is unfolding right before our eyes ?
It's not like the northern/hausa oligarchs have not tried making Nigeria a full member of the OIC before; so how can we be sure the alarms being raised from many quarters are false ?
Does the Nigerian non-muslim in Makurdi, yenagoa, Nnewi or wukari know that he automatically becomes disadvantaged being a citizen of a member country of the OIC ? All these issues have to be ironed out.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2010
hatch#:

@ davidylan

Save us all the stories. I have saved myself some stress by highlighting some important points that will prove that you are one violent aggreaved individual.You sometimes take these things to personal and i am interested in seeing where it will lead you. As i have already stated i am not a muslim but live and work in Yemen. Which shows that atleast the level of tolerance there is enabling for me to reside and feel free.

But i wonder what the world will be if it was packed with narrow minded people like you that believe that they should blame islam for all the troubles and shortcomings in their life.

Your rage and anger towards Islam is pathetic but laughable.

You're being dumb here. If Yemen is that "free, tolerant and enabling" . . . one wonders how it is producing so many terrorists and why the Yemeni army is busy bombing certain parts of the country.

As regards what the world would be with "narrow minded people" like me? you can bet it wont have to worry about islamic violence, terrorism, suicide bombings and islamic crisis in northern nigeria. There are many "narrow minded" folks like me but NO ONE has anything to fear from us . . . that is the huge difference you disgusting hypocrites always fail to see.

I'd rather live with myself than a muslim or a dumb goon like you.

My rage and anger at islam may be pathetic, but it is one that is shared by many countries whose armies are on trigger alert for muslim terrorists like you. Thankfully idiots like you with yemeni visas will no longer be allowed into civilized countries. When Yemen gets too hot for you, pls head to Nigeria.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 21, 2010
g1:

@davidylan,
hello how are you doing, i am new here and from the number of posts you have i understand you are a veteran here, from your posts i can see why you have a problem with islam but is it fair that you condem every muslim including every man, woman, and child that is of muslim faith?, i started a topic in the politics section : "Painting Everyone with the Same Brush Syndrome", i was talking about condemning an entire ethnic/religious group for the actions of some of them, so are you telling me that its every muslim(man, woman and child) that is out to cause terror? ofcourse not, so holla back and tell me what you think?

peace

Not all muslims are terrorists but virtually ALL terrorists are muslims.

The jews started profiling by religion and race at their airport after the last intifada . . . today Ben Gurion airport is regarded as the safest airport on earth. Its amazing that with all its enemies, Israel is yet to record terrorists on their aircraft in over a decade. It goes to show you how much evil you can prevent when you keepp these moslem vermin at bay.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by chosen04(f): 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2010
davidylan:

Not all muslims are terrorists but virtually ALL terrorists are muslims.

CLASSIC!

This is a "Rap line?"
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by ajalio(f): 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2010
edoyad:

@edoyad

You don't mean this seriously, or?  
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by edoyad(m): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2010
Yemen is regarded as the new Afghanistan. It is poor, virtually lawless and on the verge of falling into the category of a failed state, why are hausa people migrating there ? Are there more opportunities in Yemen or is it the for Islamic education ?

@topic, Gen Ibrahim Babangida tried in vain to get Nigeria listed as an OIC country but thanks to the watchfulness of some valiant people his plans were scuppered. Now the rumors are back again and we know that in OIC countries the it is of utmost importance for the source of revenue of the state and ultimate power (king, president or prime min.)to be under the islamic powers.
President = Yardua
Min of Finance = Alh. (cant recall his name)
CBN Gov= . . Tsunami
NNPC MD = Mohammed Barkindo
Min of Def= Godwin Abbey replaced one old hausa chap cos of negotiations with MEND but for how long ?
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by stalliontp(m): 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2010
chosen04:

CLASSIC!

This is a "Rap line?"

That was a FACT!!! cool
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by ajalio(f): 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2010
@edoyad

I could say you so much in addition, however, I am not sure whether you would take.
Re: Islamisation Of Nigeria:Why's Mr President Still In The "holy Land"? (OIC) by edoyad(m): 9:40pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ajali please say on, you should know by now i'm open to criticism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria At 50: No Cause For Celebration — Soyinka / The Bola Ige Murder --Police Admit No Justice -- Wikileaks Revelations! / Fashola Blasts TAN, Says Jonathan Govt Has Nothing To Offer Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.