Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,952 members, 7,817,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest (42158 Views)

Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest / Ango Abdullahi Backs Quit Notice To Igbos Issued By Northern Youths / Ango Abdullahi Replies Emir Sanusi Over His Comments About The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Collins87: 10:46am On Jun 11, 2017
Are they no more interested in leaving for Biafra. I thought it was a help asking them to leave.

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by linusbnn(m): 10:47am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:
What is it with all these back and forth?

"Igbos welcome Arewa quit notice"

"Igbos dare Arewa, we are going nowhere Ango Abdullahi should be arrested"

You want to be separated from the zoo so that you can develop at the speed of light, yet you don't want to leave the zoo.

The north is a parasite, yet the host doesn't want to be separated from the parasite, what kind of logic is that?

Igbos, pls be consistent, especially at this cross road.

Let me enlighten you on the purpose of why the igbo's will reject the threat. If the igbos will have to leave the north,it must be on the ground that a UN monitored referendum be conducted so that the properties of the igbos in the north will not be lost because there must be a round-table discussion on the way and manner of disintegration since it is possible to be a nigerian and own a property in any part of the world. What the northerners are planning is to have those properties through forfeiture since you cannot leave with your buildings,hotels,etc. If the northerners are serious with this threat,they know what to do,simply write to the AU and UN stating that they don't want another civil war but would prefer a referendum to be conducted to know the position of the igbos in general like it was done in UK about Scotland and in EU about the UK.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Ijaya123: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2017
Confused lots.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by linusbnn(m): 10:49am On Jun 11, 2017
Collins87:
Are they no more interested in leaving for Biafra. I thought it was a help asking them to leave.

Let me enlighten you on the purpose of why the igbo's will reject the threat. If the igbos will have to leave the north,it must be on the ground that a UN monitored referendum be conducted so that the properties of the igbos in the north will not be lost because there must be a round-table discussion on the way and manner of disintegration since it is possible to be a nigerian and own a property in any part of the world. What the northerners are planning is to have those properties through forfeiture since you cannot leave with your buildings,hotels,etc. If the northerners are serious with this threat,they know what to do,simply write to the AU and UN stating that they don't want another civil war but would prefer a referendum to be conducted to know the position of the igbos in general like it was done in UK about Scotland and in EU about the UK.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Priest69(m): 10:51am On Jun 11, 2017
I have said it before and will still say it again, Eze ndigbo is a useless title. They are only after money and investments, who knows how much bribe they have collected to say these rubbish that they have the backing of Nigeria and northern leaders.... Chai! They should all be lined up and shot for saying such. Ibos in the north, NATA WA NU!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by mubar(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2017
Hahahaha Igbos to leave north is funny, they will never leave north back to east, despite their agitation of tales and liars we want Biafra , but see now they no won leave, Igbos pls leave now , chop liver indigbos pls now, north and other part of Nigeria is a Zoo as U said, rubbish after all the claims of we want a developed nation biatales hhh be straight in life Igbo's no they deceived una self, when your daddy was leading Nigeria Gudluck non one of you people comes out agitating for a nation called biafroud or biatales, many Northerners look at how you people try to come out with much problems to Buhari administration , starting with we been marginalized and later .... Now they say leave you are busy saying no we considered their elders words, you people no get elders for Biatales

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by linusbnn(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2017
Sealeddeal:
the truth is that Igbos have varying views about Biafra. I served in Jigawa state. I served there with some Igbos who are residents of Northern state and whenever I start my campaign of Biafra, they will reject the idea vigorously. A lot of them don't want to go.
While I will be happy if Biafra is achieved, the truth is that Arewa Youth ultimatum is uncouth and has envy and jealousy written all over it. The ultimatum has nothing to do with Biafra, they are hungry youths that think that, by confiscating Igbos belongings, they will solve their poverty problems.

Thank you so much. Let me support you on the purpose of why the igbo's will reject the threat. If the igbos will have to leave the north,it must be on the ground that a UN monitored referendum be conducted so that the properties of the igbos in the north will not be lost because there must be a round-table discussion on the way and manner of disintegration since it is possible to be a nigerian and own a property in any part of the world. What the northerners are planning is to have those properties through forfeiture since you cannot leave with your buildings,hotels,etc. If the northerners are serious with this threat,they know what to do,simply write to the AU and UN stating that they don't want another civil war but would prefer a referendum to be conducted to know the position of the igbos in general like it was done in UK about Scotland and in EU about the UK.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by linusbnn(m): 10:55am On Jun 11, 2017
xstry:
They want Biafuro but they don't want to leave Nigeria. grin

Try and use your brain and don't be so childish. Let me enlighten you on the purpose of why the igbo's will reject the threat. If the igbos will have to leave the north,it must be on the ground that a UN monitored referendum be conducted so that the properties of the igbos in the north will not be lost because there must be a round-table discussion on the way and manner of disintegration since it is possible to be a nigerian and own a property in any part of the world. What the northerners are planning is to have those properties through forfeiture since you cannot leave with your buildings,hotels,etc. If the northerners are serious with this threat,they know what to do,simply write to the AU and UN stating that they don't want another civil war but would prefer a referendum to be conducted to know the position of the igbos in general like it was done in UK about Scotland and in EU about the UK.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 11, 2017
Osinbajo has proven so far to be a smart and intelligent man! He'll not make any arrests. That will be a poor judgment. In fact, that's exactly what the Northerners are baiting him to do, in order to create crisis. The SW's political savvy is abt to be tested...their duty now is to ensure Osinbajo remains n become President...or they secede! The SW should immediately map out a course of action to achieve any of the both from any conceivable scenario that may rear it head from now till Oct. That is wat true leaders do! Osinbajo, Tinubu n Co...over to you. cool

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by drakeli: 10:58am On Jun 11, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:
The irony of the Biafra Agitation.

You want Biafra. They chase you out of Nigeria. Instead of siezing the opportunity to go back home enmass, you say you are not going anywhere. I expect great jubilation and joyous celebrations. I expect mass movement. I expect the Ghana Must Go scene which I witnessed. Truck loads of Ghanaians, moving out. With Jute bags which became nicknamed "Ghana-Must-Go" bag.

If you want Biafra all you need do is go back to the East enmass. Refuse to trade with Nigeria. Refuse to have anything to do with Nigeria. When you are going back, no policeman or soldier will say "why are you travelling"? Freedom of movement to your states of origin is a fundamental Human Right. In my opinion. No one is holding you back but yourselves.

It doesn't even matter if a few of your elders are in the service of Nigeria as appointees etc. Ignore them. Build your Biafra, when it is as rossy as you claim it will be, they will have no choice but to go back to their dear Biafra.

So for all intents and purposes, this is the opportunity you have been praying for. Leave the North. Go back home. Build your utopia. Boycott everything Nigerian.
Biafra is being given to you on a platter of gold. Your leaders are saying they are not going anywhere and daring the North to attack them. Be united in purpose and be ready to go through the "pain" and "surgery" of achieving a good and perfect Biafra. This pain will involve leaving your businesses, property, etc. But it is for a good cause. Child bearing comes with some pain. The birthing of Biafra will not come without sacrifices.

Nnamdi Kanu says Nigeria will beg Biafra to go. The North has told you to go. So take the opputunity to do so. If Nigeria does not let you leave you will blame all your troubles on Nigeria. It is for this reason alone, that I support Biafra. Everyone needs the opportunity to take the chance and go the distance. So sieze the chance. You have been given till October. The distance between the major parts of the North and the East is generally less than 24 hours by road. I should expect a great jubilation when the North asked you to vacate without a gun shot. I expect a great exodus. Your leaders should come together and choose a course of action.

If you understand strategy you should take this golden opportunity. Pharaoh as asked the Jews to leave Egypt. What are the Jews still waiting for? They now refuse to go to the promised land. There is no red sea in this story. The promised land is known and available. No need for scouts and no need to traverse the deserts. Again I am expecting a great exodus. A huge one. When citizens of another country are not wanted anymore they are expelled. You are Biafrans and Nigeria has expelled you. So go back to your Biafra and gladly do so.

If this opportunity is not taken, then the Biafra matter is just that of a people trying to constitute a nuisance, disunited in purpose and annoyingly empty in character. Biafra has come, take it and stop the indecision. Stop worrying about what you will loose. These are necessary. South Sudan lost a lot after the referendum including the rights to pump it's oil through pipelines that go through Sudan to the export terminals. They had to negotiate the fees/cost of pumping South Sudan's Oil.The South Sudanese did not bother about their property in Khartoum. Theirs was even worse. They were never told to go, the way the North has peacefully ordered Biafrans to do. This is a once in a life time opputunity. Take it.

Do not start wondering what will happen to your investments. To your market of about 150 million Nigerians. Your perhaps about 40-60 million Biafrans are available (we do not know your true population figures). Trade with them and find new international trade partners. Do not start bothering about what will become of Lekki, or Festac, or Ikeja, or Ikorodu, or Abuja or other areas you "developed". In my opinion, only a foolish man develops another man's land and leaves his own and then he even boasts about this to the world about this great mistake and miscalculation. It is when you have developed yours to your satisfaction that you then extend your good developmental gestures to other "less fortunate people".

Unite in purpose. Buhari is not even in the country. Osinbanjo is more reasonable. Take the chance. Move ensmass. Exodus out of all parts of Nigeria. Move back home. Organize yourselves. Ignore everything in Nigeria. This opportunity will never come again. You are putting your hope in ICJ and UN etc. Time and time again, these organizations have stood by and watched endless maacascre of innocent civilians. Syria, South Sudan etc. Even the Nigeria/Biafra Civil War.

You claim you have all the businesses. You can cripple Nigeria. Nigeria is a zoo. Your footballers are the best. Your women are the best. You are the most industrous. You are the most brilliant. You are the most hard working. You are the most advanced. Your exodus alone should then help you win this agitation. So, cripple Nigeria by leaving. Destroy Nigeria by removing all your services. Obliterate Nigeria by withdrawing your elite. Stall Nigeria's evolution of her human gene pool by taking back your pretty light complexioned igbo girls. In fact go back home and lock your shops again. This time, lock them for good. It has come to you easier than you imagined. The next time you are coming to Nigeria, do so with the ECOWAS Passport or a Biafran passport. Pay the Nigerian Visa Fees and go through the process. Refuse to enter Nigeria with a Visa. Yes, if Nigerians say come in, you say "no,that will be illegal since I am an allien. Could you please grant me papers"? If they refuse you go back to Biafra.

The struggle has moved from opening fake propaganda online and lying about how Asari supplies weapons and how Donald Trump warned Buhari. It is this same lies and fake propaganda that contributed to the loss of the Civil War. People hardly knew the facts from fiction and leaders couldn't make rational and calculated decisions. The struggle is now beyond propaganda my dear Biafrans. It has come and stares you in the face. It is real now and no more mere rantings on the internet and other forms/means of mass media and mass communication. Take it the opportunity. It has materialized. I mean see the news in the Zoo city of Lagos. Animals are even treated better than Zoo Animals, Nigerians.

BIAFRA HAS COME. TAKE IT!
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Priest69(m): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2017
linusbnn:

Why should Ibos wait for northern youths to write to AU and UN? Why can't the Ibos write to them in light of this threat? Please how do they even write to them sef, I want to write. This isn't funny anymore

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by chinwegeo(f): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2017
This is the best distraction nigeria need.. at least we have forgotten abt our president

1 Like

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by enomakos(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2017
crazy people
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by LionDeLeo: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2017
linusbnn:

Dude, I'm reading the emboldened from you and it is entirely different from what the ibos resident in the north are saying. Infact, they are not even related. Read through the original post and prove me wrong pls.

If really that is the motive, nothing stops them from saying so and it will even serve as a warning to the north against possible destruction and looting of properties.

Your second point is just too lame.

The ibos have been agitating for liberation for a very long time and even insulting every tribe in Nigeria threatening thunder and brimstones (the zoo must fall). Why should it be the north that will start writing to all those bodies you mentioned?

On the contrary, it is the ibos that should quickly write to them using this declaration as a very good reason for the expedition of action in the separation plan rather than calling for the arrest of the same people who are instrumental to the realization of their secession agenda.

15 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by muibi1(m): 11:05am On Jun 11, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu just came from nowhere to take peace away from the Igbos. What a shame. cry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by castrokins(m): 11:05am On Jun 11, 2017
They've Told You They're Not Leaving, You Can Go And Force Them Out Of The North.

divicode:

We are saying there is no need for the referendum, just quit the 'zoo' to start your virtual biafrauud republic! Yeye people, coward chest beaters
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Stkilda(m): 11:06am On Jun 11, 2017
xstry:
They want Biafuro but they don't want to leave Nigeria. grin

They don't have to leave Nigeria before they can get their "Biafuro". They are only doing Nigeria a favour by staying back in the North for now, otherwise Niger Delta would carry out their threat and that would end Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by APCsupporter: 11:06am On Jun 11, 2017
Sealeddeal:
Mind you, I still support Biafra. The Quit Notice by Northern Youth is not about Biafra, but if it's that's just a call for violence. Igbos living in the North has properties and this time, we will not leave our belongings to any region. The IPOB has been calling for non violent Biafrexit. What that means is that the Nigeria government should organize referendum for Biafran regions and thereafter negotiations will begin. The Northern youth are only trying to confiscate Igbos belongings and we will resist it. In fact, the so called Kaduna Declaration is one of the reasons why Biafra has to come. Biafra will come and we will take our properties over a particular timeframe.

shut up man. so this is the new silly excuse that you have for not leaving the north? how is this fool looking for peace?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Outofsync(m): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2017
linusbnn:

And why has the Igbos not written to the UN themselves??

If you knew that you had considerable properties in the North, why did you rain insults on them over and over

What is wrong with you folks undecided

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Ngozi123(f): 11:12am On Jun 11, 2017
Collins87:

Why can't you people understand that the Igbos who want to leave this country and those who are adamantly refusing to leave the North are, on the whole, not the same people? Did you miss the part where the Eze Igbo of Kanu stated that he supports 'One Nigeria'?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by linusbnn(m): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Dude, I'm reading the emboldened from you and it is entirely different from what the ibos resident in the north are saying. Infact, they are not even related. Read through the original post and prove me wrong pls.

If really that is the motive, nothing stops them from saying so and it will even serve as a warning to the north against possible destruction and looting of properties.

Your second point is just too lame.

The ibos have been agitating for liberation for a very long time and even insulting every tribe in Nigeria threatening thunder and brimstones (the zoo must fall). Why should it be the north that will start writing to all those bodies you mentioned?

On the contrary, it is the ibos that should quickly write to them using this declaration as a very good reason for the expedition of action in the separation plan rather than calling for the arrest of the same people who are instrumental to the realization of their secession agenda.

When I say the north should write,i mean look through the presidency to all aspect of the government of the day,whom do you find dominating?it goes down to all the uniform body of the nation,whom do you find there. The letter AU and UN will take seriously will be the one from either the presidency,the senate or the military. Ipob has written countless times to UN but it will be regarded as complain unless the government writes theirs.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by chloride6: 11:14am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

You want to be separated from the zoo so that you can develop at the speed of light, yet you don't want to leave the zoo.

The north is a parasite, yet the host doesn't want to be separated from the parasite, what kind of logic is that?

Is that the issue at hand? There are over 250 ethnic groups in this country but only the Hausas issued an ultimatum.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by linusbnn(m): 11:14am On Jun 11, 2017
Priest69:

Why should Ibos wait for northern youths to write to AU and UN? Why can't the Ibos write to them in light of this threat? Please how do they even write to them sef, I want to write. This isn't funny anymore

When I say the north should write,i mean look through the presidency to all aspect of the government of the day,whom do you find dominating?it goes down to all the uniform body of the nation,whom do you find there. The letter AU and UN will take seriously will be the one from either the presidency,the senate or the military. Ipob has written countless times to UN but it will be regarded as complain unless the government writes theirs.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 11, 2017
rychard:
Its enough to read the news but many of us fail to analyse the long term plays and zeitgeist.
So let me break it down....

- Buhari is incapacitated, the north knows that...
- They also know they depend largely on the south , oil money and sea ports.
- They are not willing to cede power to the south again (Osibanjo) after what happened with Yaraudua.
- The constitution is clear about the role of the Vice president once the president is no more, this they know
- Therefore to return power to the north , something that upsets the balance and overrides constitution is what is needed...
- and that is chaos, which will bring about a military coup.. (This is why you've being hearing about a coup here and there, there's no smoke without fire)
- 60% of the Nigerian military by deliberate design is manned by the northerners. (Its being a long term play after Gowon took over power ). The quota system is designed to recruit first a northerner before any other "Nigerians"
- To cause chaos, u need ethnic violence, this is what gives the military a solid reason to take power from Osibanjo. Once the violence breaks out, with ethnic killings and reprisals attacks in the south.. The military takes over under the disguise of maintaining peace.
- This same military rule will provide the needed leverage for the north to use force in quelling the uprising for Biafra in the east. (This time , figure heads leading agitations will be summarily executed and many southern media influencers will be jailed).
- This military government will continue until a fresh election is conducted, and power handed back to the north.
- The military period will serve as a point of forwarded every northern agenda and pushing policies that will make it nearly impossible for the south to return to lose once a new Democratic government is in place
- For some of you thinking the global environment will come to your aid to intervene, you should be aware that the global environment has always being with the northern agenda right from 1960. Its easier for them to push their agenda with the north in power. Yes they would make some noise to deceive you but their actions will be other wise.
-Nigerian youths must learn to read between the lines instead of just taking everything they see at face value, how can we actually lead other country out of this conundrum if we continue to think like myopics . There is something about our fathers and what they did to this country, we have bought into it without asking questions, we are fighting a war that our fathers started, why don't we chart our own future... By the time these old men are dead, we will discover that we have ruined out lives and out our own children on a course that they and (ofcuz we) known nothing about...
If you are out here cursing your fellow youth irrespective of tribe, .. Shame on you!!, if you are here shouting Biafra, when you didn't raise a stone in the war or even alive during the war, shame on you!!' If you are feeling excited about everything, thinking you're safe ... Shame on you, Shane on you for letting your country down, ... You're a big shame to the world... All you all do is come online to bash each other, while youths in other countries are taking the lead in their communities...woe unto you... You're a shame to your generation.

This is exactly what is playing out. The North wants to seize power through the barrel and further oppress the collective south. They are aware that they are already loosing their strong ally (middle belt) and they want to use the military to force everyone back to the status quo. Igbo and other southern tribes will be worse off after the plan is achieved. Do not forget that some northerners still think that the south hijacked the Boko Haram to weaken the north. To your tenth O Foolish Southerners!!!
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by linusbnn(m): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2017
Outofsync:

And why has the Igbos not written to the UN themselves??

If you knew that you had considerable properties in the North, why did you rain insults on them over and over

What is wrong with you folks undecided

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by NaMeAboki: 11:16am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

The hypocrites will not go; they are already addicted to the benefits of One Nigeria as its biggest beneficiaries; but would rather continue to insult and abuse their hosts, who they ironically and foolishly like to call parasites - in view of their upside down departure from the realities on the ground.

Nnamdi Kanu, pls come and collect your ppl, they are saying they wouldn't leave - Arewa no want do again, its has granted you the divorce you wanted, its no longer a forced marriage again, make una pack una load and get out.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by johnjose68: 11:17am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

kudos to you bros..

the igb* don't know what they want...they are too sentimental, ethnic gingoist and politically immature.

they called Nigeria zoo, however they don't want to leave...

they are the most inconsistent set of people...always thrive on corruption...

instead of them to ask their irritating leaders soal-searching questions on how they wasted the resources in their care since independence... they keep blaming their self-inflicted and ojukwu instigated woes on others...

look at the data below...they can confirm it from NBS...

2016 Internally Generated Revenue by Geopolitical Region
1) South-West: N414 Billion
2) South-South: N198 Billion
3) North-West: N69 Billion
4) North-Central: N54 Billion
5) South-East: N49 Billion
6) North-East: N29 Billion
Breakdown:
South-West
Lagos: 302,425,091,964
Ogun: 72,983,120,003
Oyo: 18,879,084,132
Osun: 8,884,756,040
Ondo: 8,684,406,573
Ekiti: 2,991,041,855

Total: 414,847,500,567
South-South
Rivers: 85,287,038,971
Delta: 44,057,915,472
Edo: 23,041,425,599
Akwaibom: 23,269,750,752
C/river: 14,776,808,331
Bayelsa: 7,905,458,280

Total: 198,338,397,405
North-Central
Kwara: 17,253,829,559
Kogi: 9,569,124,487
Benue: 9,556,495,064
Plateau: 9,191,372,277
Nassarawa: 3,402,616,062
Niger: 5,881,584,409
Total: 54,855,021,858
North-West:
Kano: 30,959,027,531
Kaduna: 17,051,864,537
Zamfara: 4,777,169,537
Sokoto: 4,545,765,527
Katsina: 5,545,900,833
Jigawa: 3,535,349,908
Kebbi: 3,132,343,261
Total: 69,547,421,134
South-East:
Enugu: 14,235,512,227
Abia: 12,694,839,539
Imo: 5,871,026,976
Ebonyi: 2,342,092,225
Anambra: 14,791,175,253
Total: 49,934,646,220
North-East
Bauchi: 8,677,265,878
Adamawa: 5,788,979,592
Gombe: 2,941,438,110
Yobe: 3,240,867,567
Borno: 2,675,723,063
Taraba: 5,895,538,974
Total: 29,219,813,184
Please note that economic activities in the north-east has suffered greatly from the war against Boko Haram. Another thing that is clear from this statistics is that every region in Nigeria depends on oil from the Niger Delta. It is not as if they can't work harder to survive without oil money, but if you compare what they're generating currently to what they're receiving in federation account allocation, then you would understand why they're so lazy.
Another thing from the statistics is that the South-West is the only region in Nigeria that can survive right now no matter what happens in the oil industry. Funny enough, they're also the only region making the least noise and focusing completely on development. No wonder the economy of the country is controlled by individuals from that region.
Another thing to point out from this statistics is that the south-east has no superiority claim over the north. It is pure wickedness for those who clamour for Biafra to watch the economy of that region suffer while they preach about what would've been if they had their pipe dream. Why have all those who are promising to make Biafra heaven on earth not coming up with those ideas to improve the IGR of the south-eastern states, so as to at least improve the living condition of the people living there? Look at Lagos, look at Ogun, look at Kano, look at Rivers State and the high IGR they all command... Igbos are one of the biggest contributors to those IGRs, not by force but by choice, and they do so by freely associating with people from those regions. But Ogun State alone generates more revenue than all the south-eastern states combined, which means that on the strength of this statistics, it is arguable that the Igbos do better by associating with other people, and will perform woefully by staying on their own.
Above Statistics is mind boggling.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Princedunga1(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2017
Rubish indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets Toni Iwobi, First Black Man Elected Senator In Italy / 2023: Northerners React To Peter Obi's Ambition (Pictures) / Atiku: Wike A Snake, Despite His Help, Tinubu Can’t Invite Him For Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.