Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? (9754 Views)

94-Year-Old Kenyan Man Baptized With 5,000 Litres Of Boiled Water / Cultists, Kidnappers & Militants Baptized In Port Harcourt After Being Converted / Gabola Church: Members Baptized With Beer In South African Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Danpersie31(m): 7:43am On Jun 11, 2017
I seem to have this issue bothering me about baptism. After receiving Christ into your life its always expected that you undergo some training in order to keep you firm in the faith. But that's not the case here, I was baptized in 2012 at ECWA goodnews church in jos, and yesterday at our church team training at RCCG in Abuja, we were told that it was necessary that we all be baptized if we wanted to become a full member of the team.Despite the fact that I made it known that I was already baptized before, but due to the fact that it wasn't in RCCG I was told that I must be baptized again in RCCG, as it is the church's tradition. I have being disturbed ever since. Is that to say that the first baptism by the other church is being undermined?
Is baptism twice okay?
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by menxer: 7:46am On Jun 11, 2017
I baptize everyday, when I bathe.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by hopefulLandlord: 7:48am On Jun 11, 2017
menxer:

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Felaak47(m): 7:55am On Jun 11, 2017
Yes
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by kullozone(m): 7:57am On Jun 11, 2017
Lmao!
Confusion.... But if people witness a juju priest or whatever immersing someone in water/a river, they'll call it demonic abi

9 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Alexis410(f): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2017
Of course
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by oruma19: 7:58am On Jun 11, 2017
Gbaptisn is by immersion and it should be once and for all. Wc one be baptise again?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by hopefulLandlord: 7:59am On Jun 11, 2017
if you think Christianity is not a confusing mishmash kindly read on

Let's ask Christian sects how to define Actual Christianity:

Methodist: It is accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior and publicly sharing that acceptance by getting baptized through sprinkling of water.

Baptist: No, no, no -- you must be DUNKED in water, heathen.

Pentecostal: Yer both wrong -- ye must be baptized by the Holy Spirit and ye must speak in tongues to prove you are saved.

Lutherans: You don't need to do any of that. Our founder said just believe and have faith (oh yeah and he REALLY hated Jews).

Presbyterian: How droll -- lol. No no..you see it does not matter what you do or do not, God has already decided who the true Christians will be and they are obviously all Presbyterians.

Episcopalians: Well, we each get to decide what constitutes Christianity. What is in your heart? What do you think it is for you? What say you, Bishop Spong?

Church of Christ: None of you are going to heaven because you use musical instruments in your services and God hates that.

Jehovah's Witness: Something Something Kingdom Hall; something something no birthdays, several End Times falsely predicted, no blood transfusions,,,,

Seventh Day Adventist: Pah! None of you even have the right day.

United Church of Christ: It's all good; let's listen to an acoustic guitar solo and accept gay people.

Non-denominational: Gay people? ewww. No no, ye must build megachurches with gyms and cafes to be righteous to god.

Catholic: Ummm....oldest sect here, guys. Forget that "accepting Jesus" stuff. You must mediate with God via a priest and eat crackers to get saved (just do not leave your kids alone with said priests, OK?). Oh yeah..and Virgin Mary is way cool.

Church of England: Yeah, what the Catholic said...but divorce is 100% OK.

Unitarian Universalists: Why are you guys even trying to define Christianity? All beliefs are the same (whoops.we aint even Christians).

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Sheenor: 8:00am On Jun 11, 2017
menxer:
Wehdone sir

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by johnshagb(m): 8:01am On Jun 11, 2017
Was baptized at birth, my new church requires that I must be immersed again to be a 'legit' member. Wetin man go do
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Gabrendo(m): 8:02am On Jun 11, 2017
Baptism pass baptism nah. Hahahsha. Baptizing with water is merely symbolic. Your true fellowship and commitment to God's word overrides all. I don't know why they emphasize so much on formality. Just do it nah it will symbolize that you are now A certified RCCG member.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:02am On Jun 11, 2017
I'm watching in 3D. Let the battle begin...
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by don4real18(m): 8:02am On Jun 11, 2017
Yes and No grin
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Flintstone06(m): 8:02am On Jun 11, 2017
No
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by chinwegeo(f): 8:03am On Jun 11, 2017
That's what happens when we move from one church to another

locate an Ecwa church close to you... or simply enter Catholic or Anglican, no one will force you to Baptise there..

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by IMASTEX: 8:04am On Jun 11, 2017
Once Baptised forever baptised. All that is needed is confession after you err.
Though, I doubt your claims. RCCG use to do that until some years ago when they stopped it. The only baptism they don't recognise now is when you weren't immense completely inside the water.
I advise you kick against it, if your parish is still engage in such. They are not obeying the G.O's interpretation.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by sharpwriter(m): 8:05am On Jun 11, 2017
It isn't right.... baptism signifies, you died with Christ nd you rose with him.... Should people die twice? That's why I don't support Baptismal certificate tinz.... why must you get certifiate because of a spiritual action... why must you attend another church and the church request you do another baptism before joining the workers... all these things are man made doctrines nd ignorance, hence, we complicate things. The body of Christ is one nd we have one God and father of all . Ephesians 4. As long as you have done baptism by immersion once, don't do another. It shows you know what you're doing and you have faith In God nd you can't be tossed to and fro by every stupid wind of doctrine. Shalom.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by sfinkzslot(m): 8:05am On Jun 11, 2017
Matthew 3:15
And Jesus answering said unto him, “Suffer it to be so now, for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness.” Then John suffered Him.

so I ask does Jesus need baptism? No
but He said " for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness"

baptism is just to fulfil all righteousness.

so go ahead and dip as many things as there is genuine NEED for it

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by bankylan: 8:06am On Jun 11, 2017
It is wrong to be forced to be baptized by immersion after a prior experience in a bible believing church. Baptism symbolises the death and the resurrection of our Lord Jesus. Once you are baptized by immersion, there is no need for it again. Should you have fallen back to sin, all you need is re dedication. Christ did not die and resurrect twice. It is not Biblical but only doctrinal for RCCG to baptize you by immersion again....what you need is the baptism of holy Ghost. As a teacher in one of the prominent ministries and as someone who teaches new believers, the only ground for second baptism by immersion is only if the previous baptism was by sprinkling of water or you were baptised as a child.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by LEOSIRSIR(m): 8:06am On Jun 11, 2017
am waiting for answers too, same thing am facing here.
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Gabrendo(m): 8:07am On Jun 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Methodist: It is accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior and publicly sharing that acceptance by getting baptized through sprinkling of water.

Pentecostal: Yer both wrong -- ye must be baptized by the Holy Spirit and ye must speak in tongues to prove you are saved.

Lutherans: You don't need to do any of that. Our founder said just believe and have faith (oh yeah and he REALLY hated Jews).

Presbyterian: How droll -- lol. No no..you see it does not matter what you do or do not, God has already decided who the true Christians will be and they are obviously all Presbyterians.

Episcopalians: Well, we each get to decide what constitutes Christianity. What is in your heart? What do you think it is for you? What say you, Bishop Spong?

Church of Christ: None of you are going to heaven because you use musical instruments in your services and God hates that.

Jehovah's Witness: Something Something Kingdom Hall; something something no birthdays, several End Times falsely predicted, no blood transfusions,,,,

United Church of Christ: It's all good; let's listen to an acoustic guitar solo and accept gay people.

Non-denominational: Gay people? ewww. No no, ye must build megachurches with gyms and cafes to be righteous to god.

Catholic: Ummm....oldest sect here, guys. Forget that "accepting Jesus" stuff. You must mediate with God via a priest and eat crackers to get saved (just do not leave your kids alone with said priests, OK?). Oh yeah..and Virgin Mary is way cool.

Unitarian Universalists: Why are you guys even trying to define Christianity? All beliefs are the same (whoops.we aint even Christians).

Yea like blind people accessing the parts of an elephant. Everyone is saying what they have observed about the elephant.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Sheenor: 8:07am On Jun 11, 2017
[s]
hopefulLandlord:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by ogorwyne(f): 8:08am On Jun 11, 2017
baptism should be done once by immersion na. Are they rendering the former null and void by asking for another?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by cold(m): 8:08am On Jun 11, 2017
Sigh..Christianity=Confusion

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by johnp2(m): 8:08am On Jun 11, 2017
Jesus was baptise once in River jodan and there is no account that Him or his disciple were baptise in another River again.
See; if is all this smeeming pool or water in the rubber baptism you did in the first place then you need to do another one ( which is in the River flowing) but if you were immerse in a River before show them your baptism certificate..... Follow what the bible said and How is been pratice in the bible and not what the Doctrin of the church says outside Bible

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by doyinbaby(f): 8:09am On Jun 11, 2017
After genuine salvation,,,next is baptism by immersion(which should be once).....however when you join another church they may insist you baptize again (this is not necessary the body of Christ is one).....however you can just rebaptize just to fulfill all righteousness just for the sake of maybe becoming a full member,joining work force etc.....As the new church may insist you rebaptise ...one will just rebaptize to please the new church.....but really only one baptism is needed in the whole life time of a Christian

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Nicepoker(m): 8:10am On Jun 11, 2017
it's left. not right
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by femi4: 8:10am On Jun 11, 2017
Once is ok.....Its a symbol. Though doing it several times doesn't change anything
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by obaival(m): 8:11am On Jun 11, 2017
If na Moslem mater nw.... angry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by johnp2(m): 8:12am On Jun 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

What is he saying?
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Beey(f): 8:12am On Jun 11, 2017
Danpersie31:

I seem to have this issue bothering me about baptism. After receiving Christ into your life its always expected that you undergo some training in order to keep you firm in the faith. But that's not the case here, I was baptized in 2012 at ECWA goodnews church in jos, and yesterday at our church team training at RCCG in Abuja, we were told that it was necessary that we all be baptized if we wanted to become a full member of the team.Despite the fact that I made it known that I was already baptized before, but due to the fact that it wasn't in RCCG I was told that I must be baptized again in RCCG, as it is the church's tradition. I have being disturbed ever since. Is that to say that the first baptism by the other church is being undermined?
Is baptism twice okay?
You see, I was raised in the Presbyterian church which allows infant baptism & also sprinkles water over the forehead.I however wasn't baptized as a baby.I was of age & went through the teachings of the church & all.I was capable of making decisions about my faith because I was 19 years old then.Soon after, I had to relocate & the church closest to me is an Assemlies of God Church, which I attend now.They started teaching me about being baptized through immersion, because it wasn't "done right" the first time.One day to the baptism, I asked the pastor for some time to think about it.Till today, I never went for baptism.Just wanna use my example to say that sometimes churches lay so much emphasis on works & forget to focus on Christ.Is the R.C.C.G water any better than the water used in your previous church for your baptism through immersion?In my case I asked myself, what of those who live in places that have no water and then come to faith?They don't have the luxury of being immersed.Does that make them any less Christian?As for me, believing in Christ & choosing to follow Him fully , is the most important.Water Cannot change the inner man.It's just an outward confession of your inner faith.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by despam(m): 8:12am On Jun 11, 2017
No. It is wrong. I sincerely don't know what the matter with RCCG. I had serious issue with them when I wanted to get married in their church. They told my wife that she must be baptized again with them if the wedding must take place in their church.

I stood my ground that she won't be baptized again since the first one was by water immersion. I threatened taking the wedding away from their church. As a result, they backed down.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities 2020 Edition / Why It Is Treacherous To Disrespect Judas Iscariot - Nimi Princewill / 2-year Old Recites Psalm 23 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.