Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? (9760 Views)

94-Year-Old Kenyan Man Baptized With 5,000 Litres Of Boiled Water / Cultists, Kidnappers & Militants Baptized In Port Harcourt After Being Converted / Gabola Church: Members Baptized With Beer In South African Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by emmaitive(m): 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
[quote author=LEOSIRSIR post=57408171]Yes by immersion, and the new church am here said I will need to be rebaptised since I wasn't attending the church before.

[/quote)since u have done it before according to d bible.u dont need it again,wht u need nw is to pray for the holyspirit baptizin..buh if they insist go to another bible believing church like deeper life or gospel church of christ...becos what will take u to heaven is the salvation of ur soul dt is ur relationship with jesus...dea is no chch or congregatn dt will take u to heaven...study d bible very well becos d day of judgement u will stand wit God alone pastor will nt be dea nor ur relation,so becareful sha
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Liverpoolfc(m): 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
To me, it is wrong to be baptized twice by immersion. I was baptised at TAC. I attend RCCG bc is is the closest church to me as i am not a denominational christian. i can attend and church provided GOD is there and if HE is there, i will know. I was told this same thing. I told them I am not interested in any position and if they are not comfortable with my baptism,I will located TAC bc i am sure thar GOD is there too .They never raised it again. I WAS RESPONSIBLE WHEN I BAPTISED. I WAS NOT A BABY. RE BAPTISM SHOWS YOU WERE NOT SINCERE WITH YOUR FIRST BAPTISM. CATHOLIC CAN BE REBAPTISED NOT TAC I KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by brojoshua: 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
It is right to be baptized in water once in the time you believe in or come to faith or the true faith in Christ Jesus. Any other ones that you might have done while you have not come to true faith in Christ Jesus are just swimming exercises or practices.
Really one yields himself to be baptized in water at the time he believes in or come to (genuine or true) faith in Christ Jesus, for symbolic removal of sin. At the time one believes in Christ Jesus through the gospel of God preached to him, he also yields himself to the old believers or believer or brethren or christain, a true servant of Christ, to be baptized in water in the name of Jesus Christ.
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by azaino: 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
How was apostle Paul baptized? water sprinkling? immersion? or none ?
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
I am proud not to have a church affiliation nor denomination
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by plappville(f): 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2017
sharpwriter:
It isn't right.... baptism signifies, you died with Christ nd you rose with him.... Should people die twice? That's why I don't support Baptismal certificate tinz.... why must you get certifiate because of a spiritual action... why must you attend another church and the church request you do another baptism before joining the workers... all these things are man made doctrines nd ignorance, hence, we complicate things. The body of Christ is one nd we have one God and father of all . Ephesians 4. As long as you have done baptism by immersion once, don't do another. It shows you know what you're doing and you have faith In God nd you can't be tossed to and fro by every stupid wind of doctrine. Shalom.

Very Correct.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
By The Special Grace Of God Am Fulltime Pastor In Rccg Been My Work I Will Explain To You One By One When You Give Your Life To Jesus You Need To Do Baptism By(immerson) 1, So Far You Have Give Your Life To Jesus It Happen Once You Can't Repeat It Unless You Commit Sin And You Ask For Forgiveness 2, If You Are Attending The Gospel Church Before And You Have Done Baptism By Immerson May You Now Join Another Gospel Church Like Rccg As You Said Your Pastor Only Need To Teach You In Baptismal Class And Issue Rccg Baptismal Certificate For You Not To Do Another Baptism For You In Case You Are Not Clear Call Me 08079194437 Belived Heaven Is Real

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by azaino: 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
The thief that went to heaven after accepting Christ on the cross, what kinda baptism did he receive ? Infant baptism? water sprinkling? immersion ?

I don't know why churches focus more on symbols rather than the real thing.

Accepting and believing in Christ is the main/real thing while baptism is just symbol.

Or do you think that water can wash away your sin ? Blood did and not the water.

Churches have truly deviated from the real thing many years back. how can a deeper life member refers to a Grace of God member as an unbeliever simply because they practice self righteousness at deeper life

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by sharpwriter(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
ammyluv2002:

God bless you Bro. Imagine, all the comments that I've read so far seems to be okay with it just because they were told to do it and that's the problem with us. Doctrine has killed us here! I attend RCCG and I was forced to do mine twice which I totally refused. I asked them to show me where it was written in the bible that I have to do it twice, all they did was to give "personal reasons" why I should do it. At a point, I tot most churches were against infant baptism, but I realised some peeps that did baptism by immersion in other church were also advised to do another one to become a full certified member. Seriously, doctrine has failed us thats why we are the most religious country in the world today yet, it doesn't even reflect in the way we live. Look at all the evil happening in the country today. We are so blind when it comes to church matters, I feel pity for us and the younger generation.
Don't mind them. They will always have personal reasons or use the phrase: ''to fulfill all righteousness''. The righteousness that Jesus has fulfilled through the new covenant. Lolz. If I need to fulfill righteousness to you because you forced me, then you are a hypocrite. I go to Redeem too, and intentionally I did not pay or receive the certificate after Baptism. Am I a small kid that if asked I wont know whether I have done Baptism or not? Or would I lie that I have done it just to work for God(in the Church)? Anybody that lies that he has done it when he hasn't has his own sin upon himself (not the sin of baptism, but the sin of lying), because doing it or not is not a sin. Maybe, if the saints at Corinth visits the Church in Ephesus, they will have to re-baptize themselves to be able to preach or work; Or maybe Apostle Paul left Damascus or Jerusalem for Rome and needs another Baptism...Lolz.. yeye things wey baby no suppose dey do. Enjoy yourself in the yet revealed truth and wisdom of God's word sister.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by sharpwriter(m): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2017
ammyluv2002:

God bless you Bro. Imagine, all the comments that I've read so far seems to be okay with it just because they were told to do it and that's the problem with us. Doctrine has killed us here! I attend RCCG and I was forced to do mine twice which I totally refused. I asked them to show me where it was written in the bible that I have to do it twice, all they did was to give "personal reasons" why I should do it. At a point, I tot most churches were against infant baptism, but I realised some peeps that did baptism by immersion in other church were also advised to do another one to become a full certified member. Seriously, doctrine has failed us thats why we are the most religious country in the world today yet, it doesn't even reflect in the way we live. Look at all the evil happening in the country today. We are so blind when it comes to church matters, I feel pity for us and the younger generation.

Don't mind them. They will always have personal reasons or use the phrase: ''to fulfill all righteousness''. The righteousness that Jesus has fulfilled through the new covenant. Lolz. If I need to fulfill righteousness to you because you forced me, then you are a hypocrite. I go to Redeemed too, and intentionally I did not pay or receive the certificate after Baptism. Am I a small kid that if asked I wont know whether I have done Baptism or not? Or would I lie that I have done it just to work for God(in the Church)? Anybody that lies that he has done it when he hasn't has his own sin upon himself (not the sin of baptism, but the sin of lying), because doing it or not is not a sin. Maybe, if the saints at Corinth visits the Church in Ephesus, they will have to re-baptize themselves to be able to preach or work; Or maybe Apostle Paul left Damascus or Jerusalem for Rome and needs another Baptism...Lolz.. yeye things wey baby no suppose dey do. Enjoy yourself in the yet revealed truth and wisdom of God's word sister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by sharpwriter(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
despam:
No. It is wrong. I sincerely don't know what the matter with RCCG. I had serious issue with them when I wanted to get married in their church. They told my wife that she must be baptized again with them if the wedding must take place in their church.

I stood my ground that she won't be baptized again since the first one was by water immersion. I threatened taking the wedding away from their church. As a result, they backed down.
Very good bro. your type are who we need in Church. Anyone that baptizes by immersion the second tym shows that you don't understand the spiritual significance of what you did in the first time. Hence, you need more training in obeying the scriptures alone in the faces of men

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by NoToPile: 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
I believe you OP, someone I know said that was the reason he couldn't become a pastor in RCCG, that they said he had to do the baptism by immersion again.

Its a spiritual thing, we are baptized to Christ not to church, I have seen people manifesting seriously during baptism. Its a spiritual transaction , just dunno why we make light of these things. We seem not to understand its significance yet and even the confessions said at the point of baptism.

Once it was done properly at a bible believing church why making it mandatory again. Though I know some people did it twice for personal reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by mezebel(f): 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
bankylan:
It is wrong to be forced to be baptized by immersion after a prior experience in a bible believing church. Baptism symbolises the death and the resurrection of our Lord Jesus. Once you are baptized by immersion, there is no need for it again. Should you have fallen back to sin, all you need is re dedication. Christ did not die and resurrect twice. It is not Biblical but only doctrinal for RCCG to baptize you by immersion again....what you need is the baptism of holy Ghost. As a teacher in one of the prominent ministries and as someone who teaches new believers, the only ground for second baptism by immersion is only if the previous baptism was by sprinkling of water or you were baptised as a child.
pastor eneche member spotted. Always preaching the truth

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Atimchia(m): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
Baptism is a spiritual exercise that needs to be as the Bible prescribes. If it was not done correctly, it can be redone. Acts 19:3: Join church of Church near you
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by osazsky(m): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
if you think Christianity is not a confusing mishmash kindly read on

Let's ask Christian sects how to define Actual Christianity:

Methodist: It is accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior and publicly sharing that acceptance by getting baptized through sprinkling of water.

Baptist: No, no, no -- you must be DUNKED in water, heathen.

Pentecostal: Yer both wrong -- ye must be baptized by the Holy Spirit and ye must speak in tongues to prove you are saved.

Lutherans: You don't need to do any of that. Our founder said just believe and have faith (oh yeah and he REALLY hated Jews).

Presbyterian: How droll -- lol. No no..you see it does not matter what you do or do not, God has already decided who the true Christians will be and they are obviously all Presbyterians.

Episcopalians: Well, we each get to decide what constitutes Christianity. What is in your heart? What do you think it is for you? What say you, Bishop Spong?

Church of Christ: None of you are going to heaven because you use musical instruments in your services and God hates that.

Jehovah's Witness: Something Something Kingdom Hall; something something no birthdays, several End Times falsely predicted, no blood transfusions,,,,

Seventh Day Adventist: Pah! None of you even have the right day.

United Church of Christ: It's all good; let's listen to an acoustic guitar solo and accept gay people.

Non-denominational: Gay people? ewww. No no, ye must build megachurches with gyms and cafes to be righteous to god.

Catholic: Ummm....oldest sect here, guys. Forget that "accepting Jesus" stuff. You must mediate with God via a priest and eat crackers to get saved (just do not leave your kids alone with said priests, OK?). Oh yeah..and Virgin Mary is way cool.

Church of England: Yeah, what the Catholic said...but divorce is 100% OK.

Unitarian Universalists: Why are you guys even trying to define Christianity? All beliefs are the same (whoops.we aint even Christians).
couldn't read too long y not go straight to the point
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by giftiy(m): 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
Danpersie31:

I seem to have this issue bothering me about baptism. After receiving Christ into your life its always expected that you undergo some training in order to keep you firm in the faith. But that's not the case here, I was baptized in 2012 at ECWA goodnews church in jos, and yesterday at our church team training at RCCG in Abuja, we were told that it was necessary that we all be baptized if we wanted to become a full member of the team.Despite the fact that I made it known that I was already baptized before, but due to the fact that it wasn't in RCCG I was told that I must be baptized again in RCCG, as it is the church's tradition. I have being disturbed ever since. Is that to say that the first baptism by the other church is being undermined?
Is baptism twice okay?
I understand what you are going through
but the simple thing is that doing the right
thing twice is not bad though.
on the second hand I know of churches that
if your first baptism is in the trinity order,you will be ask to be baptized again in the name of Jesus Christ,so that you will be able to receive the holy ghost according to the books of acts.
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
My brother you are allowed to baptize twice if the baptism was done wrongly.
How??
Most churches baptize with the name of the father,son and holyghost which is wrong.
The best way to be baptize is by the name of Jesus Christ.
That is the name by which man is redeemed from sin.
Baptism is very important to all Christian. It is seal for your salvation.
So go on and get baptize but do it correctly. Read act to revelations to understand better.
No disciples baptized with the name of the father,son and holyspirit.
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Danpersie31(m): 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
wow fp at last .dedicate dis to God and Christians all over the world.
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Danpersie31(m): 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
I believe d most important thing is to make heaven at last. dats d ultimate goal of all Christians .its my Ernest desire dat we all make it to d golden city irrespective of all dis division .
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by mzhorlah(f): 9:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
hmmm. it's good to do Baptism if u have the chance to. But people have really abused so many things these days. it's possible to do water Baptism without being saved. I hope you know that.

What matters to God is not water Baptism, so whether you do it twice or not doesn't matter. what matters to him is the spirit Baptism, the one who convicts you to salvation.
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:10am On Jun 12, 2017
oruma19:
Gbaptisn is by immersion and it should be once and for all. Wc one be baptise again?

Baptism is not once and for all unless understanding of the real essence of it is there. The apostles regularly preach repentance and the kingdom before they bring people forward for baptism.

If he lacked these understanding before and got it now then he only became a Christian now and not before
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Longevo(m): 9:45am On Jun 12, 2017
I was faced with the same problem when I was serving in Akwa Ibom. I was baptised by immersion but the Pst said I have to be baptise again to be a member of the church. I felt it wasn't right so, I refused. I still believe I was right to reject that proposal. I had genuinely repented and was genuinely baptised, so, I see no need to do it again.
Just hold unto your faith in God. I don't think it's proper for you to be baptised by immersion twice. If they won't have you there, it will be better to look for another church.
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by oruma19: 2:30am On Jun 13, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Baptism is not once and for all unless understanding of the real essence of it is there. The apostles regularly preach repentance and the kingdom before they bring people forward for baptism.

If he lacked these understanding before and got it now then he only became a Christian now and not before
Bros u didn't understand the guy. He baptised in one church by immersion and he is being forced to baptise again now that he has joined redeemed. I don't tink dat is necessary. Except rccg is saying the other church belongs to Satan. The problem we have with Christianity is dis many denominations. Everyone thinks they are right whereas only God knows if we r even serving Him or not. I tire my brother.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:43am On Jun 13, 2017
oruma19:
Bros u didn't understand the guy. He baptised in one church by immersion and he is being forced to baptise again now that he has joined redeemed. I don't tink dat is necessary. Except rccg is saying the other church belongs to Satan. The problem we have with Christianity is dis many denominations. Everyone thinks they are right whereas only God knows if we r even serving Him or not. I tire my brother.

He could have done it in his former church just as a matter of ceremony and celebration without having the spirit understanding mod what if is about .... If that is the case then the first was in the flesh ..... Understanding is the key.

Baptism is ordained to announce you. That was what John said....He didn't know the saviour but he was going to Jerusalem to baptise them so he could announce him to the world

If after baptism he is still having spiritual oppression then he o my had a bath ...He didn't die and resurrection with the christ and Lord
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Danpersie31(m): 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

He could have done it in his former church just as a matter of ceremony and celebration without having the spirit understanding mod what if is about .... If that is the case then the first was in the flesh ..... Understanding is the key.

Baptism is ordained to announce you. That was what John said....He didn't know the saviour but he was going to Jerusalem to baptise them so he could announce him to the world

If after baptism he is still having spiritual oppression then he o my had a bath ...He didn't die and resurrection with the christ and Lord
u still don't get what I said. its not because of any other reason, they insist irrespective of you being whatever from anywhere u have to be baptized anew. was baptized in ecwa good news after undergoing baptismal class for months, after which I did discipleship class .wen I came to Abuja I joined dunamis and did foundation class for 9weeks, started maturity class but couldn't continue becos of skool resumption ,. now to join a football team since my skool is on strike and am told to undergo baptism again.
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
Danpersie31:

u still don't get what I said. its not because of any other reason, they insist irrespective of you being whatever from anywhere u have to be baptized anew. was baptized in ecwa good news after undergoing baptismal class for months, after which I did discipleship class .wen I came to Abuja I joined dunamis and did foundation class for 9weeks, started maturity class but couldn't continue becos of skool resumption ,. now to join a football team since my skool is on strike and am told to undergo baptism again.

Ok. It is not suppose to be compulsory. ..The eunuch was the one who asked for the baptism when he saw the need for it .....If you believe yourself baptised in Christ then you dint need a new baptism for anything done outside faith is a sin
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by shadeyinka(m): 7:12am On Jun 14, 2017
Danpersie31:

I seem to have this issue bothering me about baptism.....
Is baptism twice okay?

If they had asked you to become "Born Again" again, would you do it?

If you did it again, it proves either that you do not have an understanding of what had transpired at the first instance or you are of little or no faith.

The particular pastor insisting on a second baptism by immersion is probably still a babe in the Lord.

No.! Don't do it again. Find another Redeemed Church nearby or return to your ECWA.
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by DonXavi(m): 7:10am On Nov 25, 2022
D
Re: Is It Right To Be Baptized By Immersion Twice? by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On May 23, 2023
Danpersie31:
■ I seem to have this issue bothering me about baptism. After receiving Christ into your life its always expected that you undergo some training in order to keep you firm in the faith. But that's not the case here, I was baptized in 2012 at ECWA goodnews church in jos, and yesterday at our church team training at RCCG in Abuja, we were told that it was necessary that we all be baptized if we wanted to become a full member of the team.Despite the fact that I made it known that I was already baptized before, but due to the fact that it wasn't in RCCG I was told that I must be baptized again in RCCG, as it is the church's tradition. I have being disturbed ever since. Is that to say that the first baptism by the other church is being undermined? Is baptism twice okay?
Baptism isn't about immersion or sprinkling— those are unimportant details. Baptism of Repentance is about abandoning the following of the Old Way —letting go of the old man — in order to embrace and live by God's New Law and Covenant — transitioning into the new man who lives by the New Way— and drinking from the New fountain of Life. If this is not the reason behind the baptism, you can do it over and over and it will never amount to much, I think.. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2-year Old Recites Psalm 23 (Video) / What Made Satan Disobey God? / About The Trinity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.