Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? (5131 Views)

Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn / What Is Your Best Bible Verse? / Why Do Females Cover Their Hair While Male Leave Theirs Open During Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Are you still running ur blog?

Yeah . But I've changed the blog address : kingebukasblog.com
Re: How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? by Samsimple(m): 11:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
KEB d nxt time u go to church preach that passage to the congregation
Re: How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? by CoolUsername: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I told you that its not clear when it started . Here's an article stating that it was from second century BC
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-3215570/The-tradition-atheism-India-goes-2-000-years-m-proud-that.html

One thing is clear : The Charvaka boys made atheism popular because their atheism was rabid

First, I would rather pick the dating suggested by a scholarly source published by the University of Hawaii (one of the sources of that particular citation) than an opinion piece on Daily Mail.

The second point was never the concern of my argument. Debating that would only further detail the thread.
Re: How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? by Diamondville(f): 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2018
As a good christian, it makes me see God as partial and a sexist

1 Like

Re: How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? by Monocrotophos: 12:54am On Jan 28, 2018
Actually people dont understand dat verse, this verse does not apply dat women shouldn't preach... now to better understand dis verse, we must go to the greek root word. the word women there is translates as both wife and woman because the greek word does not hav a specific word for wife or woman so u d reader must decide frm the context wether it is woman or wife. frm here we can see frm d context dat d bible specified wives because it immediately said dey shud ask their husband at home. also, if the bible had ask women not to preach den it would hav been in disagreement because the first person dat ever preach the actual good news were women who announced the resurrected Jesus. also, there are other places dat Paul referred to in the gospel to greet so and so female Beccause of their contributions to the work of God. now if God has said women shud keep quiet why were the women in the upper room during the time of Pentecost all prophesying together with the Apostle. now prophecy is preaching but inspired. now we see frm d greek word Paul was referring to wives not preacher females bucuz women are known to be gossips wen messages are goin on that is why Paul instructed them to b quiet so as not to cause discord while services are goin on.
Re: How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? by orunto27: 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
Adam said "The Woman gave me to eat and I ate". Christ does not want a Repeat of this intransigence in His Body, The Church. The current Otobo/Sulaiman's case is a Satanic trial.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Saved You, Not Only With His Blood, But With Both His Baptism And Blood! / "FULL" TB Joshua’s Shocking 2014 Prophecy / YWAP ( Youth With A Purpose )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.