Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts (35101 Views)

Nigeria May Lose N8bn Yearly If TB Joshua Relocates To Israel – Fasehun / What Nigeria’ll Lose If TB Joshua Yields To Israeli Calls To Relocate To Galilee / If You Marry Wife Through Facebook, You Will Lose Her On Youtube- Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by bizhop01: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
mukhcech:
Are you okay angry
Na english?
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by akaahs(m): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
Akshow:
Church na mega business now o. Sotey their relocation de affect economy. Lemme comman open my own church too.

Bro, I all be ur treasurer or accountant

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by pokipoki: 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
If there were billions to be made, how come the same government never deemed it fit to expand the roads and other social infrastructure around the church?
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by DarkHenrie(m): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
The man can only move to another Third World country where people need the clutch of religion to thrive. Definitely not isreal! He won't get customers if he goes to any developed country where things are working. He knows this. He will be here because Nigeria needs him as much as he needs Nigeria. It's an inevitable symbiotic relationship.
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by datribune: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
lofty900:
stop being jealous. You're not more intelligent or richer than his followers. Even fg knows that if he leaves, the country will loose and they'll do anything to keep him from leaving

TB Joshua is lucky dat he did not operate in Biblical times when fake Prophecies like Clinton winning d Presidency would hav been met wit death at d stakes.
It's better 4 him to stay here where d NBC doesn't do its work of regulating TV contents & where people ar more gullible. He can keep getting more & selling more holy water at 5,000 Naira & operating his Emmanuel TV without questions asked.
d purported movement is just a publicity stunt. Israelis ar judaists who don't believe in Jesus or dat He is d Christ. d population breakdown of Israel is as follows:
Jewish - 75.4%
Muslim 16.9%
Christian 2.1%
Druze 1.7%
BTW, we hav not forgotten dat d Prophet could see d result of US election but not d catastrophic collapse of his church building leading to numerous deaths.
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by Aragon: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
thesicilian:
TB Joshua will not relocate. He's smart enough to know that Israelis are not as gullible as Nigerians.

Read the Article again, it mentioned Religious Tourism.. So if he relocates to Isreal people that loves him from across the world will Visit him in Isreal. So the Article itself is not based on Gullible Nigerians etc but more of the Income his Ministration is bringing into the Country. People across the world travel to Nigeria because of him that is what this is about

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by MissRaine69(f): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
Since when have the Israelis become so gullible like my country folk?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by farem: 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Wondering where the billions we have gained from his presence here are hidden. undecided
Learn to read with free mind. This article is written in plain and simple English
It doesn't contain those economic jargons that make you blank.
You See, this is just one of the big churches in Nigeria, and yet some tabula-rassa keep castigating the Church from their confused background

A

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by iHateFlatinos: 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
Iloveafrica:

cry cry cry
Dear nairalanders please I want you to advise me.

I had a fracture on my left hand and I'm already receiving treatment [since 4 days ago]
My problem is that I don't like being alone.
What do you think I can be doing at home to keep myself busy so as to avoid over thinking and boredom?
try chewing ur ear
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by Temptee101(m): 2:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
ihateuglygirls:
Who him epp?
Your foolishness has no equals for opening that cunt on your disfigured face to yarn this trash. That your stupidity has not allowed you to humble yourself and make yourself available for him to deliver you does not mean millions have not benefited from his counsel both financially, materially and spiritually
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by abbey621(m): 2:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
If the FG was smart enough they would start taxing all these mega churches, at least let's all accept the church is now a business and make the country profitable through them.....Nigerian leaders smart in the corrupt way but clueless when it comes to national development....SHAME!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
bye bye to him.
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by aribisala0(m): 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
lofty900:
stop being jealous. You're not more intelligent or richer than his followers. Even fg knows that if he leaves, the country will loose and they'll do anything to keep him from leaving
Will he not die one day? Will he live for ever?
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by Junior66(m): 3:03pm On Jun 11, 2017
mansakhalifa:
These "experts" from what I see are mainly hoteliers who fear TB's planned departure might hurt their businesses. It is not as if they really care about the country losing "billions". Let them come clean please and stop hiding under the guise of "experts".
3,000 foreign visitors to his church weekly. does it occur to you that many airline companies will close?? Go to skul bro.
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by hemartins(m): 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
Iloveafrica:

cry cry cry

I had a fracture on my left hand and I'm already receiving treatment [since 4 days ago]
What do you think I can be doing at home to keep myself busy so as to avoid over thinking and boredom?

Sorry about your hand. If you are the type that love reading, you can get good book to read or better still, get a complete season movies. You can also take a stroll once in a while and make new friends. Wish you a quick healing..
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by burkingx(f): 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
Iloveafrica:

cry cry cry

...... grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by hardbody: 3:15pm On Jun 11, 2017
information1:
Certain stakeholders in the tourism industry on Sunday encouraged the Federal and Lagos State Governments to dissuade Pastor Temitope Joshua, generally known as, TB Joshua, from moving the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) to Israel from Nigeria.

They informed the News Agency of Nigeria that Nigeria will lose billions of naira to religious tourism if Temitope Joshua and SCOAN should make the plan true.

NAN reports that TB Joshua, during one of his church services, lately declared that he was about to move to Israel from Ikotun, a suburb of Lagos.

It was disclosed that TB Joshua was in Israel lately where he held meetings with the mayors of Jerusalem, Tiberia and the Jordan Valley.

He was cited as saying that he was offered different facilities very close to the biblical site of the Sea of Galilee where he could organise meetings for international pilgrims.

NAN also reports that SCOAN established in 1994 does not have another branch in Nigeria outside its international headquarters located in Ikotun.

Some heads of government from African countries had also visited SCOAN to seek spiritual restoration and advice from Pastor TB Joshua

Mrs Ime Udo, the General Secretary of the Nigerian Association of Tour Operators (NANTA) told NAN that Nigeria would lose billions of naira from religious tourism revenue if SCOAN actualised its planned relocation to Israel.

Udo said Joshua’s planned action would lead to a reduction in the human traffic of local and foreign religious tourists that normally patronised SCOAN.

Udo said, “Religious obligations have become a fashionable trend all over the world as a means of expressing beliefs and faith in the ability of God to protect and guide mankind.

“Religious practices both under the auspices of Christianity, Islam and traditional practices have in no small way contributed to the development of tourism in the world.

“Christian pilgrimages to Israel have formed an economic platform for the empowerment of the localities and contributed to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the country.

“Also, Saudi Arabia has been benefiting immensely economically from many Islamic faithful who converge there twice annually on holy pilgrimage.

“With these scenarios and many others around the world, it has become valid that religious tourism has become a source of economic revival to a country and its people, “she said.

According to her, thousands of foreign religious tourists visit SCOAN monthly to worship and for other spiritual healings.

She said that these tourists would fly into Nigeria; lodge in hotels, board commercial vehicles, patronise eateries and visit other tourists’ sites around the locality.

Udo said that all these had been translating into huge revenue for the Nigeria economy.

“The local community; hotel operators, food vendors and others around SCOAN must have benefitted from tourists.

“SCOAN has, no doubt, contributed immensely to the tourism profile of Nigeria with several heads of government from various African countries that had visited there to seek spiritual restoration and advise from Pastor TB Joshua, ” she said.

Udo advised the Federal and Lagos State Governments to encourage SCOAN to remain in Nigeria as part ways to develop our tourism sector.

A member of SCOAN, Mrs Iyabo Emmanuel, said that she was in church service when their General Overseer, Pastor TB Joshua, announced to the members on the offer given to him by the Israeli Mayors.

Mrs Emmanuel, popularly called “Iya’’(Mother) Synagogue, said that Pastor Joshua never said that he had agreed to such a proposal from the mayors.

“I have been worshipping in SCOAN since 1994 when TB Joshua established it newly in Ikotun area.

“I worked with TB Joshua for 15years before I resigned and ventured into selling of provisions. Then, I was the chef; head of canteen and bakery.

“I am still a full-time member of the church and I will continue to worship there. I am one of those that had benefitted from the church,” she said.

Emmanuel said that many residents and business owners would suffer if TB Joshua should relocate SCOAN from Ikotun.

She said that majority of business owners around the area depended solely on the visitors to the church and they used to patronise facilities around the church.

A hotel operator, Mrs Anthonia Chuks, told NAN that if the rumour that TB Joshua was relocating to Israel eventually turned to reality, the hospitality business in that area and the state would suffer and fold up.

“Ninety–five per cent of guests that lodge in hotels in the community are international and local visitors outside Lagos and they are SCOAN members.

“We have over 130 rooms and are always fully booked every weekend.

“ We usually enjoy huge patronage from Fridays to Sundays weekly; and they are mostly SCOAN members from near and far,” she said.

Similarly, Mr Solomon Oyelade, a car-hire operator, said that since the rumour of the planned relocation of the church to Israel, the patronage of cabs had reduced drastically.

Oyelade said that in the past, he used to go to the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos seven times in a day to transport international passengers down to SCOAN.

“But, since the incident of collapsed building in the church premises years back, the patronage of foreigners had reduced.

“ With this present rumour of relocation, we hardly carry passengers from Airport two times a day. The patronage has reduced beyond expectations, “he said.

Also, Mr Uche Maduako, a food vendor, appealed to TB Joshua not to accept such offer from the Israeli mayors.

He said that behind every rumour there is an iota of truth.

He also urged the Federal and the Lagos State Governments to support the continuing stay of TB Joshua in the country.

“The government should make the country worth staying for him and ensure they support him in all ramifications,” he said.

Maduako urged the government to renovate the bad roads around the church, adding that the condition of the roads was not encouraging.

He said that the contributions and impacts of TB Joshua in that community could not be overemphasis.

“The man of God has contributed immensely to the betterment of the community; employed thousands of graduates and non-graduates to work in the church and in other investments of the church.

“TB Joshua always ensures that there is constant power supply and adequate security in the area, ” he said.
https://informationengine./2017/06/11/nigeria-will-lose-billions-if-tb-joshua-relocates-experts/

How can we facilitate his early relocation so that the traffic gridlock he causes in that axis will disappear plus we won't have structures crumbling and killing hundreds when an aeroplane hovers in the church neighbourhood. Scammers of the highest order.
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by ElajRita(f): 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
thesicilian:
TB Joshua will not relocate. He's smart enough to know that Israelis are not as gullible as Nigerians.

Block head
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by jfleece(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
I just feel like having sex today..
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
datribune:

TB Joshua is lucky dat he did not operate in Biblical times when fake Prophecies like Clinton winning d Presidency would hav been met wit death at d stakes.
It's better 4 him to stay here where d NBC doesn't do its work of regulating TV contents & where people ar more gullible. He can keep getting more & selling more holy water at 5,000 Naira & operating his Emmanuel TV without questions asked.
d purported movement is just a publicity stunt. Israelis ar judaists who don't believe in Jesus or dat He is d Christ. d population breakdown of Israel is as follows:
Jewish - 75.4%
Muslim 16.9%
Christian 2.1%
Druze 1.7%
BTW, we hav not forgotten dat d Prophet could see d result of US election but not d catastrophic collapse of his church building leading to numerous deaths.
the movement is not a publicity stunt, Israel really want to bring him over to their country as for Clinton winning the election, that one is between him and his God cheesy
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

None.
He's just attempting a gambit.
If the charlatan tries his tricks anywhere in Europe, he will be discovered and exposed faster than you can say "european union" and he knows it.
Exactly bro.
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by ElajRita(f): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
bigsmoke2:
churches don't pay tax and most of his members in Nigeria are nigerans they will either worship via Skype, join redeemed or pastor sule . no billions will be lost

Dummy 85% of his members are foreigners
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by ElajRita(f): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
ihateuglygirls:
Who him epp?

U are very foolish to make this statement
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
Haha tb josh don turn to tourist attraction for nigerian govt. Just one man. No wonder they dont want igbos to leave. Just wonder how much bills will lost if biafrans go
What exactly are u saying?
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
Same Israel that does not encourage Christianity? Islam is more accepted in Israel than Christianity. Besides, Israel is a Jewish State.

The authors of this article know Nigerians are extremely gullible when it comes to religion is why they put out this crap in the first place.
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
datribune:

Jewish - 75.4%
Muslim 16.9%
Christian 2.1%
Druze 1.7%

Finito!

Glad to see that not all Nigerians are gullible. Theres still hope for your country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
Temptee101:
Your foolishness has no equals for opening that cunt on your disfigured face to yarn this trash. That your stupidity has not allowed you to humble yourself and make yourself available for him to deliver you does not mean millions have not benefited from his counsel both financially, materially and spiritually
ur comment obviously reflects d kinda pple dt worship in his church.
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by judedwriter(m): 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
Akshow:
Church na mega business now o. Sotey their relocation de affect economy. Lemme comman open my own church too.

Sacarsm will take you nowhere.
Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by muibi1(m): 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
Iloveafrica:

cry cry cry

eat, watch movies, use tramadol to relief the pain, visit nairaland and masturbate. grin. Boredom will surely be missing in your dictionay if you follow my guidelines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts by clark0: 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nairalane:
Anybody can leave this country, once God is with us..who cares about......who is leaving...
I just tire for some people's comments at times..

Mtcheeeew

You think with the way things are in this country, God is with Nigeria? my friend! please have a rethink..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor / Prophecy For Wizkid Musician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.