Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile (1131 Views)

E-relationship: Are You A Lady And You Are Interested? / Some Women In A Relationship Are Corporate Beggars. / For Those In A Serious Relationship: Are You Ready To Propose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile by yoruBADboi(m): 11:19pm On Jun 12, 2017
We at Bright Side would like to share this article with you, which we think can help you to figure out why this happens.

1. We’re not prepared.
Often, we’re not prepared to compromise, to sacrifice ourselves, and to love unconditionally. We don’t want to wait, we need to have everything at once. We don’t let our feelings grow, too often putting a ’time limit’ on what we think we should be feeling and when instead.

2. We confuse love with other feelings.
We too often want to meet someone who’ll join us in the cinema or a night club, not the one who can understand us and support us in a moment of deepest sorrow. We don’t like living boring lives, and that’s why we’re looking for a cheerful companion who can turn our lives into an adventure. But we’re not always ready for change, which inevitably come after a certain period of romantic and mutual affection.

3. We get stuck in a rut.
After a while, we don’t have time and space for love, because we’re too busy chasing material benefits.

4. We’re waiting for an immediate result.
When we fall in love, we already want our relationships to be mature. Yet this maturity, as well as mutual understanding, can only come after years spent together. Most people today think that there’s nothing in this life that’s worth their time and patience, even love.

5. We prefer to waste our strength.
Many of us would likely prefer to spend an hour with a hundred different people than a day with one person. Nowadays, the opinion exists that it’s much better to meet people than to get to know them. We’re greedy, and we want everything all at once. We start relationships and end them as soon as we find a ’better’ variant. We don’t give the best of us to a person, but we want him or her to be perfect. We date lots of people, but hardly give a chance to anyone.

6. We become dependant on technology.
Technology has brought us closer. We’re so close that it sometimes feels difficult to breathe. Texts, voice messages, chats and video calls have replaced face-to-face communication in so many cases. We don’t have to spend time together anymore. We already know a lot about each other. We have nothing to talk about.

7. We can’t stay in one place for long.
We think that we’re not meant for relationships, and even the idea of settling down scares us. We don’t dedicate our lives to one person anymore, and we avoid anything permanent.

8. We become ’sexually liberated.’
Our generation has divided sex from love. First, people have sex, and then they decide whether they want to be together. Today, sex outside of marriage is normal, and things like ’open relationships’, ’friends with benefits’, and ’one-night stands’ have become part of modern life.

9. We rely on logic way too often.
Few people from younger generations can love with all the heart and overcome difficulties connected with time and distance.

10. We’re afraid of too many things.
We’re afraid of new relationships, disappointments, emotional wounds, and broken hearts, and that’s why we don’t let people into our lives. We build walls around ourselves, and sometimes they’re too thick and high to let us step out and see life as it really is.

11. We don’t appreciate relationships anymore.
It means nothing to us to let go of a person who loves us. We’re too disappointed in the people who surround us.

Illustrated by Alena Tsarkova for BrightSide.me
Based on materials from Mensxp

@farano

@rocktation

@mynd44

@lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile by GloriaNinja(f): 11:26pm On Jun 12, 2017
undecided RELATIONSHIP SUCKS, I THINK T0O MUCH EMOTION IS FIXATED ON IT, ALTHOUGH HAVE NEVER BEEN IN ONE, I'M ON TEAM FRIEND-ZONING NIGGAS.
Re: 11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile by yoruBADboi(m): 11:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided RELATIONSHIP SUCKS, I THINK T0O MUCH EMOTION IS FIXATED ON IT, ALTHOUGH HAVE NEVER BEEN IN ONE, I'M ON TEAM FRIEND-ZONING NIGGAS.

One day you won't believe what you did for love

The whole love thing is cute but its in coma thanks to technology and social media
Re: 11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile by GloriaNinja(f): 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
yoruBADboi:

One day you won't believe what you did for love

The whole love thing is cute but its in coma thanks to technology and social media
yup, social media has changed everything, it's making people act crazy and stupid as a result of posting everything going on in their life on the media.
Re: 11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile by MissRaine69(f): 2:52am On Jun 13, 2017
Many don't understand that nothing lasts without a solid foundation. You need logic, without it we stop seeing the blatantly obvious. Square shapes will never fit into round holes. Compatability is overlooked
Many in relationships do not communicate the same language of love. And often a lot of miscommunication ensues. This is why there are so many relationships that fall into the category of Indomie.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile by yoruBADboi(m): 10:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
MissRaine69:
Many don't understand that nothing lasts without a solid foundation. You need logic, without it we stop seeing the blatantly obvious. Square shapes will never fit into round holes. Compatability is overlooked
Many in relationships do not communicate the same language of love. And often a lot of miscommunication ensues. This is why there are so many relationships that fall into the category of Indomie.

If you ask me, i will say this generation takes everything too fast, and that’s the architect of most predicament
Re: 11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile by MissRaine69(f): 12:32am On Jun 14, 2017
yoruBADboi:

If you ask me, i will say this generation takes everything too fast, and that’s the architect of most predicament
Aptly named the indomie relationship approach

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile by SheldonCooper: 1:28am On Jun 14, 2017
a lady or guy that wants to cheat on you will still cheat on you. I don't understand how difficult it is to be committed to your partner. Relationship of nowadays feels like the partners are in a competition. The feminist are "feminism". Ladies don't try to compete with your man rather you should support him and listen more to him. Same goes to the guys. Nowadays relationship are easily carried away by any slight display of emotions. Chukwudi starts buying you things and you start having feelings for him. Aisha cooks for you and you start having feelings for her. You don't allow yourself to be done things your partner does for you by someone else. Take for example, A lady might say she wont let any guy touch her by the waist. she respects and reserve that for her partner. Here we see guys addressing every girl they meet as Baby, Honey et all. If you call a normal girl you are not attached to those names and also call your partner same then we can say you are flirting and i am sure your partner wont like it. Your partner should always be special to you. This generation now takes flirting as normal thing. The girls allow themselves to be flirted with and before you know it, they start having feelings for the flirt. Guys,nowadays, just want to be flirting on every girl they see or talk to. Who know where there flirts may lead them to. Guys use flirtatious attitudes to test the water , to know how easily accessible a girl is.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile by benjsniper33: 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
SheldonCooper:
a lady or guy that wants to cheat on you will still cheat on you. I don't understand how difficult it is to be committed to your partner. Relationship of nowadays feels like the partners are in a competition. The feminist are "feminism". Ladies don't try to compete with your man rather you should support him and listen more to him. Same goes to the guys. Nowadays relationship are easily carried away by any slight display of emotions. Chukwudi starts buying you things and you start having feelings for him. Aisha cooks for you and you start having feelings for her. You don't allow yourself to be done things your partner does for you by someone else. Take for example, A lady might say she wont let any guy touch her by the waist. she respects and reserve that for her partner. Here we see guys addressing every girl they meet as Baby, Honey et all. If you call a normal girl you are not attached to those names and also call your partner same then we can say you are flirting and i am sure your partner wont like it. Your partner should always be special to you. This generation now takes flirting as normal thing. The girls allow themselves to be flirted with and before you know it, they start having feelings for the flirt. Guys,nowadays, just want to be flirting on every girl they see or talk to. Who know where there flirts may lead them to. Guys use flirtatious attitudes to test the water , to know how easily accessible a girl is.

More feather to your Hat
Re: 11 Reasons, Why Modern Relationship Are So Fragile by Mirror97: 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
SheldonCooper:

You are just feed up, The society is something els these days kiss
SheldonCooper:

(1) (Reply)

This Two Side Chicks Decides To Get Married After Dating The Same Man (photos) / Who Is The Greater Cheat Between Men And Women / Black Women Don't Have Sense Of Humour!! (fact)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.