Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed (3682 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by NoQualms1(f): 9:07pm On May 12, 2011
I know it this way - the marriage takes place in the bride's father's church. I don't know the reason for this but most weddings that I have witnessed are like that.

My cousin and his wife attends Redeemed even before their wedding but they got married in an Anglican church cos that's where the wife's parents attend.

I know of someone whose dad insisted that she has to get married in the Anglican church even though she attends the catholic church with her mum. Her mum is even a cathechist.

I guess it's done that way to respect the father of the bride.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by MRD1(m): 7:57am On May 13, 2011
@ poster ,I don't think you are ready to be married.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by iwakunbaba: 9:09pm On May 23, 2011
@OP,I WILL LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT AS LONG AS YOU HAVE FULFILLED THE TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE RITES THEN YOU CAN DECIDE TO MARY ANYWHERE YOU WANT.

THE WEDDING IS ALL ABOUT THE TWO OF YOU AND NOT YOUR PARENTS, IF THEY ARE NOT PRESENT @ YOUR WEDDING,IT WILL STILL HOLD NOBODY WILL REMEMBER THAT THEY DIDN'T COME SO FOLLOW YOUR HUSBAND OR

FORGET THE MARRIAGE.
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by Kenfil(f): 6:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
I dont know y ppl make a big deal out of notin... U r supposed to wed in ur hubbys church period.. I was a Pentecostal/Anglican and married to a catholic. Don't let dis cause trouble in ur new marriage
Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by mrPero(m): 8:56am On Feb 09, 2015
nkeiru2005:
i had my traditional marriage Dec 2009, will be having my white wedding dis yr but d problem is dat, i am a catholic, my parents are catholic, and my husband parents are catholic but my husband is redeemed.

now d problem now d both parents said d church blessing (wedding) must 2 be in d catholic church but my husband said over his dead body, who do i support my husband or our parents.

pls help me out i am confessed.

I am a Catholic
We are worshiping the same God.. be it in catholic or redeem. So I dont see it as an issue.
Besides you should have discussed this with ur hubby before now
Well my advice.... you luv ur husband abi ? Folo him wherever he goes plz... we worship the same true God
Forget ur parents or his ....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help A Sister In Need Of Advice Immediately / Where Did Her Libido Go? / AMAZING! Here Are List Of The Best Places To Live In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.