Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise (35318 Views)

Are The Igbos Really Jews? See The Colonial Flag And Currency Of Nigeria / Why Do Igbos Hate Buhari? - Mustapha Gembu, Hausa Activist / Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 5:51am On Jun 14, 2017
melodyogonna:
Pls our very foolish afonja brother, do you even care to read what's on the links you are sharing?? pls do
this 1710 map shows the name biafra was gotten from cameroon. the initial original biafra was in cameroon

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 5:53am On Jun 14, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Yes, you're stupid. They knew nothing or too little about the present Igbo tribe hence their exclusion in the map. You can't write about what you're not sure of.
keep quiet. this is map from 1700s showing you biafra is actually a place in cameroon

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 5:55am On Jun 14, 2017
melodyogonna:
oga sharap na, what's ur own problem?? so there was nok 500 yrs ago and there was no igbo, hw did u even knw there was nok and there was no igbo?? pls stop saying what u dnt knw oo
here is map from 1700 showing you biafra was actually a place in cameroon. they called it BIAFARA

2 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 5:57am On Jun 14, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Sukkot just had his head died in the mud with such an objective analysis. He ended up clutching straws like a baby.

I love facts than emotions.

Those ibo guys that replied you really made Nairaland look like Quora for one second
here is a 1700 map showing you biafra is a place in cameroon. they called it BIAFARA
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 5:59am On Jun 14, 2017
oladeebo:

Ecyclopedia 1910: The portugese created a country within cameroon and continious southward to Equatoral guinea and gabon.
They called it Biafra after matra town in portugal.No part of Biafra is located within Nigeria' current territory.
haha nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 6:00am On Jun 14, 2017
Arda1000:
oya clap for ursef.... lousy historian
this is a 1700 map showing you biafra, they called it BIASAR was actually a place in cameroon

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 6:02am On Jun 14, 2017
swegiedon:

what sort of fetish things ma brother
things like worshipping wood and stones and sacrificing humans. those types of things. it still goes on today in the okija shrine. same thing. passed down from generations

4 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 6:04am On Jun 14, 2017
walemoney007:
you are a fool
here is world map from 1700s. it shows biafra is a place in cameroon. back then they called it BIASAR. now who is a fool ?

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 6:06am On Jun 14, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@sukkot take a look at this excerpt from this book Growth Of African Civilisation: A History Of West Africa 1000-1800 AD by Basil Davidson(I will quote pages 219&220): (P.219) All these city-states of the Delta...grew prosperous on the Atlantic trade in slaves...another reason for their prosperity lay in the abundance of population that seems to have been present in the lands behind the Delta. This density of the population helped to feed the trade in captives (next page,still on the same subject P.220) Where did these slaves really come from? An English captain who wrote about Bonny,for long the biggest of the Delta states,described it as 'the wholesale market for slaves,since no fewer than 20,000 are sold here every year. Of these 16,000 come from one nation,called the Ibos(this part was gotten from Captain John Adams book that was written between 1786 and 1800). So,what does this tell you,sir? Honest opinion.
bros here is a map from 1700 showing you biafra, they called it BIASAR is a place in cameroon

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 6:11am On Jun 14, 2017
actually i think they called it BIASAR to begin with in the 1700s. so you can trace the evolving of the language from the same people in cameroon who then migrated to south east nigeria. the evolving of the dialect from BIASAR to BIAFRA. if you want to trace a people you trace them through their dialect.

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 14, 2017
sukkot:
here is a 1700 map showing you biafra is a place in cameroon. they called it BIAFARA

A 1700 map with the name Nigeria there cry Seriously you sound either dumb or you are just trolling but it looks childish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 6:15am On Jun 14, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
A 1700 map with the name Nigeria there cry Seriously you sound either dumb or you are just trolling but it looks childish
ok how about this map. observe the evolving of the dialect of the people as they moved from cameroon to nigeria. in cameroon they had a city state called BIASAR. and a few decades or centuries later they pop up in south east nigeria and evolved the dialect to biafra. you trace a people through their dialect because even thoughh it evolves, you still see traces of the former in the present. BIAfra and BIAsar

3 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Adminisher: 6:21am On Jun 14, 2017
hornyofife:
Actually, both the yorubas and the hausas territories had been conquered as at 1800, the igbos were yet to be taken over hence, they were not yet included in the map. The igbo territories were the last to be subdued of all Britain colonial territory of Nigeria. Part of why they dislike the igbos because the igbos were stubborn and hard to crack..It took Britain 40yrs to subdue the igboland totally

This is very big LIE. Look at the Church history of South Eastern Nigeria it tells of the dates of European history which predated colonialism.

4 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 14, 2017
sukkot:
ok how about this map. observe the evolving of the dialect of the people as they moved from cameroon to nigeria. in cameroon they had a city state called BIASAR. and a few decades or centuries later they pop up in south east nigeria and evolved the dialect to biafra. you trace a people through their dialect because even thoughh it evolves, you still see traces of the former in the present. BIAfra and BIAsar

[img]http://newsrescue.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/biafra16.png[img]
Get out from my mention with your useless maps. It's too early to start scolding kids

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 6:26am On Jun 14, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Get out from my mention with your useless maps. It's too early to start scolding kids
lmao just accept the facts. you are originally bantu from cameroon. even the history of cameroon people confirm that they are bantu who moved to south-east nigeria. the cameroonian wrote it as part of the history of cameroon. are they lying ? lol

http://www.cameroonweb.com/CameroonHomePage/history/?lang=en

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 14, 2017
sukkot:
lmao just accept the facts. you are originally bantu from cameroon. even the history of cameroon people confirm that they are bantu who moved to south-east nigeria. the cameroonian wrote it as part of the history of cameroon. are they lying ? lol

http://www.cameroonweb.com/CameronHomePage/history/?lang=en
What is wrong with your blockhead, I'm not Igbo but i hate history revisionist. Go and play with your types because you are a disgrace to your fellow kids

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 6:37am On Jun 14, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
What is wrong with your blockhead, I'm not Igbo but i hate history revisionist. Go and play with your types because you are a disgrace to your fellow kids
this is an official cameroon website. they said they are bantus and migrate between camer0on and SE nigeria and that they are all the same people with people from SE nigeria. are they lying ni ? lmao

http://www.cameroonweb.com/CameroonHomePage/history/?lang=en

5 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 6:45am On Jun 14, 2017
look at joe yorobakwe as our igbo brothers like to fondly call him, and look at samuel eto. are these not the same people ?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5482692_joeigbokwe_jpg7f69576f00bffa3486ae9f5ed42a2c0d www.nairaland.com/attachments/5493144_images2_jpeg8a38ef15772cafb04789a7778aff64ab

5 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by melodyogonna(m): 7:41am On Jun 14, 2017
sukkot:
this 1710 map shows the name biafra was gotten from cameroon. the initial original biafra was in cameroon

Did you even bother to read what you are sharing?? i mean the links

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 7:44am On Jun 14, 2017
melodyogonna:
Did you even bother to read what you are sharing?? i mean the links
i read them. also peruse the ancient maps. the story is glaring. the name biafra existed in cameroon before it popped up in nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by melodyogonna(m): 7:44am On Jun 14, 2017
sukkot:
this is a 1700 map showing you biafra, they called it BIASAR was actually a place in cameroon

so they don't know spellings again ba?? they called it biasar and you are the one correcting them, they had intended to biafra right?? onye nka sef
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 7:45am On Jun 14, 2017
melodyogonna:
so they don't know spellings again ba?? they called it biasar and you are the one correcting them, they had intended to biafra right?? onye nka sef
its called language evolving. look at the ancient map of nigeria, hausa is spelled HAUSSA . words spellings change with time. cameroon was spelled kamerun
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5490048_e1_jpeg0589c142e9397ad011c439904c1d6068

5 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by melodyogonna(m): 7:49am On Jun 14, 2017
sukkot:
its called language evolving. look at the ancient map of nigeria, hausa is spelled HAUSSA . words spellings change with time. cameroon was spelled kameroun
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5490048_e1_jpeg0589c142e9397ad011c439904c1d6068
I don't understand your argument, what point are you trying to prove?? how did you divert from your bantu diggings to digging acient maps drawn by portuguese cartographers??
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 7:59am On Jun 14, 2017
melodyogonna:
I don't understand your argument, what point are you trying to prove?? how did you divert from your bantu diggings to digging acient maps drawn by portuguese cartographers??
this is the bottomline, a group of people called the bantus in ancient times setlled in the cameroon region. with time they travelled to the south east of nigeria. they couldnt go further west because there were established empires like the benin and yoruba. so the point is, the reason why igbo has no long history in nigeria, which all historians allude to, is because you are the last mass migration into nigeria from cameroon. point being if today you are the 3rd largest tribe in the country there should be documented history of your existence in nigeria but there is none, which alludes to what that map is alluding to by not having igbo on the map. when exactly did you all come in mass ? i dont know exact dates but i will suspect its within the last 400 years. you people migrate very quickly. its like how in lagos in the sixties you will hardly see an igbo man. but in 2017 there are like 4 million or more igbos in lagos. so in just 40 years 4 million igbos appeared all of a sudden in lagos. so within the past 300 years i can see how 50 million igbos just appeared in that region from nowhere. now if that ancient map was drawn today they would include igbo because you are 40 million or so. but when that ancient map was drawn you were so few that it didnt matter to include you. maybe it was like 10,000 of you. then the mass migration of the rest happened within the past 300 years. thats the point

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Odingo1: 8:16am On Jun 14, 2017
sukkot:
this is the bottomline, a group of people called the bantus in ancient times setlled in the cameroon region. with time they travelled to the south east of nigeria. they couldnt go further west because there were established empires like the benin and yoruba. so the point is, the reason why igbo has no long history in nigeria, which all historians allude to, is because you are the last mass migration into nigeria from cameroon. point being if today you are the 3rd largest tribe in the country there should be documented history of your existence in nigeria but there is none, which alludes to what that map is alluding to by not having igbo on the map. when exactly did you all come in mass ? i dont know exact dates but i will suspect its within the last 400 years. you people migrate very quickly. its like how in lagos in the sixties you will hardly see an igbo man. but in 2017 there are like 4 million or more igbos in lagos. so in just 40 years 4 million igbos appeared all of a sudden in lagos. so within the past 300 years i can see how 50 million igbos just appeared in that region from nowhere. now if that ancient map was drawn today they would include igbo because you are 40 million or so. but when that ancient map was drawn you were so few that it didnt matter to include you. maybe it was like 10,000 of you. then the mass migration of the rest happened within the past 300 years. thats the point
Does it matter where they migrated from ,the present inhabitant of America and Australia migrated from Europe.
Hausa,Yoruba,Igbo all migrated into Nigeria from somewhere,everyone is a migrant but when they settle in place in large number they become the owners of the empty land they met and occupy.

2 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by melodyogonna(m): 8:17am On Jun 14, 2017
sukkot:
Why don't you come and chase us back to ccameroon?? since you have known the false truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 8:20am On Jun 14, 2017
melodyogonna:
Why don't you come and chase us back to ccameroon?? since you have known the false truth
thats not the intention. you are nigerian now. however please stop dragging this biafra is our land issue like you own the land. you dont. you are migrants.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by melodyogonna(m): 8:22am On Jun 14, 2017
sukkot:
thats not the intention. you are nigerian now. however please stop dragging this biafra is our land issue like you own the land. you dont. you are migrants.
my friend sharap, who is nigerian?? and who is dragging biafra into your land?? it's like you woke up from the wrong side of the bed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 8:23am On Jun 14, 2017
Odingo1:

Does it matter where they migrated from ,the present inhabitant of America and Australia migrated from Europe.
Hausa,Yoruba,Igbo all migrated into Nigeria from somewhere,everyone is a migrant but when they settle in place in large number they become the owners of the empty land they met and occupy .
not really. till today the native aboriginals and native americans are still fighting to get their land back. same way mugabe got his land back from the whites. you dont own the land if there is history of when you migrated there. now nobody is driving you from the land. but stop fighting for it like you own it. because you dont.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by princdebola201(m): 8:24am On Jun 14, 2017
Make them carry their Biafra go their papa land in cameroun

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 8:24am On Jun 14, 2017
melodyogonna:
my friend sharap, who is nigerian?? and who is dragging biafra into your land?? it's like you woke up from the wrong side of the bed
lmao. all am saying is if you want biafra you have to migrate back to the original biafra, which is in cameroon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 8:25am On Jun 14, 2017
princdebola201:
Make them carry their Biafra go their papa land in cameroun
right lmao grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision / Oyo Dry Port: Seyi Makinde Inspects Ongoing Construction At The Site - Photos / Edo Governorship: APC Names Primary Election, Appeal Committees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.