Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story (69449 Views)

11 Things Wrong At Abba Kyari’s Burial Including A Shallow Grave / Police Arrest Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans’ Lawyer In Court / Kate Henshaw Reacts To Photo Of Policemen Posing With Evans, The Kidnapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by dre11(m): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
There are many questions to be answered concerning the arrest of Evans.

Posted by Ayomide O. Tayo

Suspected kidnap kingpin Chukwudi Dumeme Onuamadike popularly known as Evans was arrested on Saturday, June 10, 2017.

After years of being on the run, the long arm of the law finally caught him. The details surrounding his operation have left a few questions.

One of the things we know is this- Evans was paid $1M each as ransom by four people. Another thing we know is that he owned mansions in Magodo » area of Lagos. That's money going in and money going out.

Even if he was paid in cash, he would have had to change the money somewhere. You don't just change $1M on the streets of Lagos without someone raising an alarm to the police.

If the ransom money was paid into his accounts then it is likely there is a huge conspiracy going on.

This brings us to the law enforcement officials. As part of anti-money laundering policies, any transaction above N5,000,000 is meant to be reported to the Financial Intelligence Unit. Evans obviously received way above this amount. Why didn't anyone in the bank or banks he used, raise a red flag and report to the authorities?

Behind every criminal mastermind is a support system of accomplices. Evans is just the face of the criminal network. My suspicion is he is the most disposable person in the system and that's why he has been paraded.

EFCC officials go after Yahoo boys who receive lesser amounts of money. Isn't is suspicious that EFCC officials did nothing about Evans until he was caught by police officers? There are too many gaps in this story.

Obviously, Evans was running on very great intel for him to kidnap people whose families could afford to cough up $1m. It's hard to look at a man and his properties and figure he has that kind of money to release at a moment's notice. That kind of financial detail is only accessible to bank managers.

Why hasn't the Nigerian Police Force arrested bank managers involved in this kidnapping ring? There is no way some bank managers were not involved in this racket. With the transfer of funds, bank managers had to be aware that something fishy was going on. Why didn't they report to the authorities?

Kudos, to the undercover cops he caught the kidnap kingpin. The Nigerian Police Force has had a bad rep for years but when they do good we should praise them.

Now that Evans has been caught, the NPF should embrace the culture of full disclosure and reveal the other members of the kidnapping syndicate. Anything less would be a farce.

http://opera.pulse.ng/gist/kidnap-kingpin-there-are-many-things-wrong-with-evans-story-id6828633.html

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
The Nigeria i Know will celebrate the arrest of Evans and do nothing to break the main kingpins and their banks.

I won't be suprised if Evans walk a free man in ten years time

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
My question is

Will the money be returned to the Victims or the state confiscate the money

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by ojun50(m): 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ok

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by DWJOBScom(m): 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
That guy was just reading from a well written script!
The bank that received the Millions of dollars payments and the ones that transferred them too must be questioned.

It could be that the payments were made in cash and i wonder where they got the money!
He's too cool and well protected for that matter abeg

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
He won't be stupid enough to use the bank, he would have loads of people on his payroll. Cash is easy to move around, if i carry $500K how you wan know?

Just like most organized crime, they have very good intel before hitting a mark. The guy fit dey use police convoy if he wan move money or his victims.

The guy try sha, $1M per head chaii. If he get the opportunity he for carry dangote o

169 Likes 7 Shares

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Onyinye15(f): 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
For him and his team to be operating in USD it means they are very calculative and knows their onion and how to garnish it grin

i dont think they will be that daft to use bank for their ransom

The Nigeria i Know will celebrate the arrest of Evans and do
nothing to break the main kingpins. angry angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by UwaBuPawPaw: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
If i am to be a criminal...I want to be like him unlike those burnt to death in oshodi

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Kennitrust(m): 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
Though life is hard but I'd not given up my hustling.

Thought I long for a better day I will not wish it happen in a twinkle of an eye

I'm striving to get rich but must undergo the normal processes

Life is hard but not too hard to survived

God will surely bless all those working hard to survive without causing pains to others

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by johnemeka(m): 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by rectitude(m): 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hmmm
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by MaziOmenuko: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
Lol

You don't just change $1M on the streets of Lagos without someone raising an alarm to the police.

I stopped reading the article here.

You know nothing my dear.

245 Likes 7 Shares

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by TINALETC3(f): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by goodlifehyd(m): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
The dude said he collect his ransoms via account transfer but in cash, the only thing i noticed in his statement was he saying after getting the ransom he take it to his oga or something

3 Likes

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by adwem2003(m): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
Did they man tell you he was paid through bank? Hw many smart kidnappers use bank.

Be smart, be like evans grin

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by spako4(m): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
He was not keeping money in the bank
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by COdeGenesis: 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
bloggers don see food . they wont let us rest with this evans syndrome

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Sunnycliff(m): 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Kidnapping of Evans is all that matters to the NPF, they don't have the time to probe further to unravel other accomplices.

Very poor crime control system in this contraption.

4 Likes

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by bessmanie: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
He already said he collects cash and does not use banks. Obviously the money he collects is shared with other people so he doesn't take all the $1m.there is also not way, he will be changing the money all at once

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by brainpulse: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
OP very true. The money must likely be going undetected to the development of the "land of the raising sun" before October 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by MrHyde: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Exactly what was on my mind, well said OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by MrHyde: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Exactly what was on my mind, well said OP. The bureau DE change, bank(s) are culpable. The best way to prevent similar cases is to arrest all those involved, no sacred cows.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by John1906: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Making money is a choice, so make the choice today call or whatsapp the number in the pic below
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by unitysheart(m): 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hmmm. So, you reasonably dey think say he go collect that money through bank deposit or transfer abi. Abeg wake up.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by ednut1(m): 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Wetin this one dey yarn Ransom was paid in cash na. If he changes it in bits in 20 different BDC. How will der suspicion kwa.

11 Likes

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by RoyalBlak007: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
On Point!
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by seXytOhbAd(m): 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
Opis a mad fellow

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by burkingx(f): 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
cool......Bros na only Nollywood - Kidnappers dey use Bank account to collect ransom grin grin grin

24 Likes

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Alajiki(m): 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
The OP/ writer is oblivious of many things. Chief among them is that Evans can actually avoid the NFIU radar and blend the proceed of his crime into the system. It's easy.

The EFCC can only track the monies passing through the system, not outside - of course with the exception of the recently introduced whistle blowing policy. It was, in fact, because EFCC discovered that criminals still manage to evade it's radar that the policy was introduced. Evans does not need any bank manager or bank at all to spend that money...even if it's $10 million. There are so many loopholes in the Nigerian financial system that can be exploited to enjoy proceeds of crime.

30 Likes

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
I concur

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Flogs His Wife After Catching Her Having Sex With A Neighbour / This Girl Is Missing For More Than Three Weeks Now / Female Undergraduate, Two Others Bag Seven Year Jail Terms In Enugu. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.