Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story (69462 Views)

11 Things Wrong At Abba Kyari’s Burial Including A Shallow Grave / Police Arrest Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans’ Lawyer In Court / Kate Henshaw Reacts To Photo Of Policemen Posing With Evans, The Kidnapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Pumpumjunee2(f): 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
I got tired of reading the Bs
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by frubben(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
The Nigeria i Know will celebrate the arrest of Evans and do nothing to break the main kingpins and their banks.

I won't be suprised if Evans walk a free man in ten years time
Ten years ke, if Evans is as rich like dey said, dis man will not stay more Dan 2 month in jail. No b today dem Don hype case den later sweep am inside gutter. Evans is just a manager in d business, the CEO will close d case. Forget all dis hyping

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
ur questions are billion dollar questions begging 4 answer..u and i know that Nigeria is a very corrupt entity..ITS THE ONLY CON3 IN THE WORLD WHERE THERE IS RIGHTEOUS STEALING..ACCORDING TO SOME OF HER CITIZENS..THE SAME THING YOU WILL DO AND THEY CALL YOU THIEF..SOMEONE ELSE WILL DO IT AND BE CALLED DADDY,MUMMY,OFFICER ETC...EVANS IS A STOOGE AND SCAPEGOAT ..MAKE NO MISTAKES HE PROBABLY GOT GREEDY OR HIS OGAS HAVE FOUND A CHEAPER REPLACEMENTS...REMEMBER THEY SAID HE WAS SNITCHED ON 4 A REWARD OF 30MILLIONTHE CITIZENS OF NIGERIA ENJOY GOSSIPS AND TOO MUCH STORIES SO THE AGENCIES FEED THEM REGULARLY WITH IT SO THEY FORGET TO ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS MEANWHILE THE REAL ACTIONS KEEP GOING ON UNDERGROUND.
dre11:

There are many questions to be answered concerning the arrest of Evans.

http://opera.pulse.ng/gist/kidnap-kingpin-there-are-many-things-wrong-with-evans-story-id6828633.html

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by aribisala0(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
sekem:

I dey tell you

This OP's reasoning is wack

Evans talk say im get only one bank account, come talk say na people dey even buy things online for am

Dat one no reach enuf to tell you say the man no wan make im name dey appear for anything banking
but he feels he is Colombo
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by UwaBuPawPaw: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
aribisala0:

You are a criminal and you will be burnt at okokomaiko
and urs everlasting burning in hell
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Fhowe: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
evans was able to operate cause of our weak security we need proper ID in this country and the government must enforce it to work .In developed countries you need ID for almost anything you are pratically useless if you dont have ID common Kenya has a good id system working if you want to buy or sell dollars your id will be asked for and pegged against the dollar bills serial numbers this is why we need proper id system in nigeria it will reduce crime to the barest minimum

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Jabioro: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
OP you're right but do not forget that, his real name and identity was unknown for many years, in his criminal world he bear the name Evans why in legit arena he answered Chukwus Dumeme, most of his accomplices doesn't know his real name or have his pictures.. Mostly you can't call him except few of them and he too had different number to communicate with them ..I read article about him some times.. Most Lagos kidnapping, all the arrested members do not know him but his name work fast, bring fear to the rings of kidnappers..
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Themandator: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
dre11:

http://opera.pulse.ng/gist/kidnap-kingpin-there-are-many-things-wrong-with-evans-story-id6828633.html

The man says he doesn't keep much with the bank and runs just single account.

He says the money has owners and information is shared according once received. He pays the people at the detention camp 2 million each and runs his thing in department basis with two different teams always involved in the game .

The only new angle I suspect is that with the better understanding of this whistle blower compensation the Nigerian police force bad elements that are usually in cohort with criminals might no longer be satisfied with the percentages and might now start arranging whistle blower deal on their former partners and storming their homes ,milling them in a ' shootout' and sharing the bounty from the blowing job

Soon we might no longer hear about the burst of a criminal gang with a whistle blower component.....The incentive is too good to be ignored... Imagine what will go to the blower on this guy from his four houses and cash
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by UwaBuPawPaw: 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

May the Lord not let you down....
Amen...
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
frubben:
Ten years ke, if Evans is as rich like dey said, dis man will not stay more Dan 2 month in jail. No b today dem Don hype case den later sweep am inside gutter. Evans is just a manager in d business, the CEO will close d case. Forget all dis hyping
I've seen it. Haba angry
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by UwaBuPawPaw: 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
Basic123:

I'm very sure you will be a biafran...lolz
correct! And I also know what u r insinuating undecided
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by woodmood: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol

I stopped reading the article here.

You know nothing my dear.

The level of stupidity that people exhibit these days is phenomenal.
I was shocked when a popular TV presenter was shouting that the bank manager should be arrested because of the N150m allegedly paid the guy.
People do not know that deals transacted in USD are specifically aimed at beating my obstacles. Will Evans ever take his 1m to bank? the answer is no. Are there ways of changing it when the need arises? the answer is Yes and from multiple un-official sources too.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by freeage7(m): 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
A kidnapper will never allow his or her victims to pay into any bank account. it is very possible to change 1million dollars without anyone raising any alarm OK op.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Phi001(m): 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
The man clearly said he doesn't process his money through the bank...

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by chemystery: 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol

Lol, the writer knows nothing brother. You did well to have stopped there. grin

Which kidnapper does bank transaction?
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by henrimoto(m): 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol

Thank You bro! The way some persons who think they know it all reason ,is very myopic.
The writer of the article just write as if he is not conversant with happenings within and around his/her immediate environment. As if he/she is not street-wise.

One way reasoning!

Does the writer thinks every Revelation and details about the "Evans kidnapper Story "will be revealed to the media and public by the Nigerian Police Intelligence Unit?

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
bessmanie:
He already said he collects cash and does not use banks. Obviously the money he collects is shared with other people so he doesn't take all the $1m.there is also not way, he will be changing the money all at once
Bro you get time fah! After series of publications and news where this guy's Modus Operandi was clearly stated and how money is shared after each operation, some folks are still asking dumb question.

And you wonder how politicians manage to manipulate these so called educated youths; awon educated illiterates angry.

©YBR

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Reptyle(m): 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol

I think say na only me oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by zikter(m): 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
this op is a learner. didn't he read the part the police described evans as the most brilliant kidnapper in Nigerian history? who uses banks for that kind of crime? the guy that even uses hitech gadgets to evade arrest for several yes.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Jodesky(m): 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
Alajiki:
The OP/ writer is oblivious of many things. Chief among them is that Evans can actually avoid the NFIU radar and blend the proceed of his crime into the system. It's easy.

The EFCC can only track the monies passing through the system, not outside - of course with the exception of the recently introduced whistle blowing policy. It was, in fact, because EFCC discovered that criminals still manage to evade it's radar that the policy was introduced. Evans does not need any bank manager or bank at all to spend that money...even if it's $10 million. There are so many loopholes in the Nigerian financial system that can be exploited to enjoy proceeds of crime.

The OP is too fixated on this banking model of transacting in Nigeria. Its even dumb for anyone to imagine that a kidnapper will give out his bank details or lodge huge sums in this accounts, especially in this era of BVN.

Meanwhile he has disclosed his modus operandi which is that he stays away from the banks, but he rather spends his loots in acquiring assets to avoid suspicions attached to banking processes.

The guy is quite intelligent is his deals and seeing that he started as a lone ranger way back really worked for him until he moved up to the big deals and had to work through alliances.

The bubble was sure to bust someday as its just happened.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by dododawa1: 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
her,her,her name is (Evans) but....................................chukw................Biafra.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by dododawa1: 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
Her,Her,Her name is not( EVANS) but ..,..,..............................Chukw............................Biafra.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by aribisala0(m): 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
There is one loophole that should be blocked or will not exist with good I T in the hands of government. He paid 200 million cash for 2 houses . I don't know if there are laws against this but there should be. Such a sale should attract stamp duty and be registered with the Lands Bureau especially since it was a cash sale . That is a learning point and should be blocked. A well designed system should make it impossible to buy a house without going through the government and other protocols to detect dirty money. Such purchases 70 and 130 million in a short time by the same person should normally attract interest of Inland Revenue and other agencies. Politicians have abused such loopholes for so long and that is why people can buy billions of naira worth of property even though they don't pay tax

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by hohafrank(m): 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
We should not blame any person or group of persons for Evans success for kidnappings. The big question is this.Those people who paid such big ransoms do they disclose such to the police? Until a thorough investigation is done starting from those who paid such amount to secure their release,then the truth will never be unveiled
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Austynaty: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2017
*copied*

Public Service Information

How to be safe from kidnapping as the trend is on the rise.

Please note, It's good to have a sense of security and safety.

1. Never use car stickers that says where you work, especially if you have a prestigious job, don't let show off kill you.

2. Avoid making your financial status public, don't be the one that jumps to front of the church to make donations or the one pastor raves about.

3. When you attend parties, don't let the band get you so high that you start spraying money like no man's business, use an envelope.

4. Don't be the one that tries to empty the ATM machine by making large withdrawals ...You don't need 50k in your wallet to feel like a man.

5. Always delete your bank transaction notifications, especially SMS...you really can memorize your bank balance....Shred ur POS/ATM receipts.

6. Don't go jogging while it's dark, you really should be smarter than that. If you can, get someone trusted as company.

7. Always lock your doors, even if you're only going out to switch off your generator.

8. NEVER EVER, NEVER EVER WEAR YOUR ID outside your work place. No one needs to know you work with SHELL, don't be stupid.

9. Be accountable to your spouse or parents, let someone know where you are at every point, don't branch to GRA when u should be in Ikoyi.

10. As much as you can avoid it, don't send kids on errand outside your house, they are soft targets.

11. Don't try to form richest dude in the neighborhood by making large donations in your estate meetings, learn modesty.

12. When you give, give with modesty and privately, learn to say "I can't spare that amount now". Stop doing Baba Olowo for the boys dem.

13. Don't stay late in your office long after closing hours. That deadline work can be done at home.

14. Make safety the number one factor in your decision always!
God will keep and protect you as you also apply discretion.

15. Always watch your back especially when in a strange environment. Use of rear mirror while driving is encouraged. You can do that smartly without attracting attention.

Stay SAFE all the time..... don't take your security for granted.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2017
DWJOBScom:
That guy was just reading from a well written script!
The bank that received the Millions of dollars payments and the ones that transferred them too must be questioned.

It could be that the payments were made in cash and i wonder where they got the money!
He's too cool and well protected for that matter abeg

According to his confession, he said he don't give out any info about himself Including bank details. He said he operates just 1 bank account and ransoms r not paid into it.They said ransoms r paid into his South African bank account, though he denied having any account in SA
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
could have been paid to an offshore account in switzerland.bonced around to shake off its trail den finally land in a fictitious company's account ...anything is possible.even though you may not understand how.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by amywonda: 5:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
dre11:

Hi , there really aren't any holes in the story, to receive and convert 4 million dollars in this day and age isn't really difficult, have u heard of bitcoin? That would be the easiest and best way to receive and convert such amounts ,

Another way would be cash , with cash he doesn't have to change all at once but only change little amounts anytime he needs Naira and remember the whole ransome is not for him alone he would have had to share with gang members so it's not like he walked to an aboki and asked to change a million dollars ..
It's was just his time to be caught .. as soon as a victim escaped I knew the kidnapper a would be caught. I have been wondering why it took so long, now I know it's as a result of his guile and street smart.. no conspiracy here my friend , just good policing and cup don full matter

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by crackhouse(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
U mean bank managers that are ready to welcome ur huge amount in their bank not minding where it's coming from?. Na recession we dey o, any money is welcomed Bro. Forget the efcc rules nobody adheres to it.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by fkj950ax(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
dre11:

Op, You are conspiracy theorist. or is it Ayomide Tayo?

Even if he was paid in cash, he would have had to change the money somewhere. You don't just change $1M on the streets of Lagos without someone raising an alarm to the police.
You can changed 50k dollars in 10 locations across Lagos weekly and no flags will raise. Thats 500k dollars in 1 week. $1m in 2 weeks if indeed he converted all to naira which nobody does.

If the ransom money was paid into his accounts then it is likely there is a huge conspiracy going on.
Ransom is paid in cash no bank... No conspiracy here.

Behind every criminal mastermind is a support system of accomplices. Evans is just the face of the criminal network. My suspicion is he is the most disposable person in the system and that's why he has been paraded.
Suspicion doesnt hold in court

EFCC officials go after Yahoo boys who receive lesser amounts of money. Isn't is suspicious that EFCC officials did nothing about Evans until he was caught by police officers? There are too many gaps in this story.
This doesnt make sense to me

Obviously, Evans was running on very great intel for him to kidnap people whose families could afford to cough up $1m. It's hard to look at a man and his properties and figure he has that kind of money to release at a moment's notice. That kind of financial detail is only accessible to bank managers.
No, he targeted only Igbo men who usually have cash with them, access to friends who can raise them. And probably picks them from their lifestyle of community meetings and all those things they do.

Why hasn't the Nigerian Police Force arrested bank managers involved in this kidnapping ring? There is no way some bank managers were not involved in this racket. With the transfer of funds, bank managers had to be aware that something fishy was going on. Why didn't they report to the authorities?
Which bank manager are you sure of? You can deposit 990k daily in your account for 6 months and there will be no flag raised since its under the limit... So why should bank staff become busy bodies?
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by dharmieee(m): 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
dre11:

Also i am not sure you know how big the parallel market in Nigeria.Even most BDCs will change 10million dollars without blinking.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by drhope(m): 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
How many nigerians get sense reach carrying out highly organized crime that involve moving such amount of money. The technology no even dey readily available here. Conclusion, other people, senators, reps, bank managers are involved. Commisioners of police self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Girl Is Missing For More Than Three Weeks Now / Man Flogs His Wife After Catching Her Having Sex With A Neighbour / Female Undergraduate, Two Others Bag Seven Year Jail Terms In Enugu. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.