Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story (69480 Views)

11 Things Wrong At Abba Kyari’s Burial Including A Shallow Grave / Police Arrest Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans’ Lawyer In Court / Kate Henshaw Reacts To Photo Of Policemen Posing With Evans, The Kidnapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
dee02:

What money are you talking about?
The Ransom he collected from his victims
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
He mentioned that he doesn't even have a bank account.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by intruxive(m): 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2017
But he is helping the police to pick up his accomplice
Dont think they will tell you b4 they are picked up
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Akin0: 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
I guess he must have done the transaction cash. He is a very smart Man. Even from the way he does the kidnapping business is by phone.

Also mean, he is not greedy person. He settles his men as soon as job is confirmed. I also know Magodo to be security tight. How did a syndicate like him bought building in that GRA and see move around unnoticed. There are many unanswered questions.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Tloc(m): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
DWJOBScom:
That guy was just reading from a well written script!
The bank that received the Millions of dollars payments and the ones that transferred them too must be questioned.

It could be that the payments were made in cash and i wonder where they got the money!
He's too cool and well protected for that matter abeg

You guys do not know the kind of country you live in. Sometime ago in one of the states, a kidnap attempt was wrongfully made on a man's child but was quashed by the guys driver. The kidnappers later called his direct line and told him that they were not after him, that if they where really after him then they would succeed. The caller disclosed all his banking details in numerous bank and the amount in each.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Tloc(m): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
DWJOBScom:
That guy was just reading from a well written script!
The bank that received the Millions of dollars payments and the ones that transferred them too must be questioned.

It could be that the payments were made in cash and i wonder where they got the money!
He's too cool and well protected for that matter abeg

You guys do not know the kind of country you live in. Sometime ago in one of the states, a kidnap attempt was wrongfully made on a man's child but was quashed by the guys driver. The kidnappers later called his direct line and told him that they were not after him, that if they where really after him then they would succeed. The caller disclosed all his banking details in numerous bank and the amounts in each.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by NwaAmaikpe: 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
UwaBuPawPaw:
If i am to be a criminal...I want to be like him unlike those burnt to death in oshodi
May the Lord not let you down....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by bejeria101(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
The Nigeria i Know will celebrate the arrest of Evans and do nothing to break the main kingpins and their banks.

I won't be suprised if Evans walk a free man in ten years time

10yrs? Would he even go to the jail?

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by lordcreativity(m): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nice one.. I see a strong fact in ur write up..
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Tookool(m): 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
My question is

Will the money be returned to the Victims or the state confiscate the money
money that has been used up?
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by nsesam(m): 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
I personally thinks this money were always paid into foreign account.that's why he demand dollars instead of naira. Am convinced it a bank transaction because of the currecy involved but it may land in another country and transfer bnk by another person to diffrent country before it finally land ninja banks in fragment
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by ensamy(m): 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2017
All what the journalists and others are writting is just mere speculations.
This Evan's criminal mind is smarter and knows all these loopholes and how to out smart them.
Its just that his time was up to be caught. His 99 days as a thief was up and the owner's 1 day was here.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by DWJOBScom(m): 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
Tloc:

You guys do not know the kind of country you live in. Sometime ago in one of the states, a kidnap attempt was wrongfully made on a man's child but was quashed by the guys driver. The kidnappers later called his direct line and told him that they were not after him, that if they where really after him then they would succeed. The caller disclosed all his banking details in numerous bank and the amounts in each.

Disclosure is possible and very possible but the argument is how several "one million dollars" were collected and paid into accounts or taken out of the country without an alarm raised................

that's the question
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by 2n2k(m): 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol

I stopped reading the article here.

You know nothing my dear.

Though I tried more than you by finishing reading the infantile article but I concluded on the level of exposure of the writer at your point also.

The writer should come to Zone 4 Abuja. They will exchange even $5m for him from the booth of a car and they won't even ask him to step out of his own car.

And by the way, since when do you pay ransom through financial institutions. Even the whole government of Qatar had to take $1 billion, yes billion in physical cash to Iraq to pay the ransom to the kidnappers of 27 members of its royal family. That is one of the accusations leveled against it by Saudi, UAE and in justifying the ongoing diplomatic sanctions

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by hardbody: 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol

In a sense she is right. You do not even need to change it on the streets, you call aboki to meet you in a car wherever you choose or in any office of your choice, money is changed and everyone walks away.

But on a more serious note, all he need do is split the money across his various leg men and the exchanged currency is brought back to him. Plus the dollars may still be cooling off somewhere. That guy is too smart not to have deployed holes in the law to make good his collections. I give it up to him
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Hemanwel(m): 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by ImaIma1(f): 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
adwem2003:
Did they man tell you he was paid through bank? Hw many smart kidnappers use bank.

Be smart, be like evans grin

Exactly! ! It will be easily traceable. Once you know the account name and details especially with this bvn, it will be a giveaway. I doubt these kind of kidnappers will ne that careless.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by xtivin(m): 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
God please make me a big target for kidnappers and give me the ability to settle with them in peace. Amen
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Goovo(m): 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol

obviously, he knows nothing,
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by bayulll011(m): 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol

the guy is a learner he knows nothing
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Naijaarchive(m): 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2017
LOL... Funny... how will kidnappers can be so careless to use bank transfer as means of collecting ransome... wont their identities/names be revealed easily...
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Jetland(m): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
My [b][/b]qauestion is[b]

Will the money be returned to the Victims or the state confiscate the money
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by AuroraB(f): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol

Don't mind the over-sabi Op
For him mind now he's got game grin
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by RexEmmyGee: 4:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
After all has been said and done, he will still be released through the back door. Like a ghost, no one will hear from him
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by dee02(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
The Ransom he collected from his victims

And what has he been flossing with until he was caught? cowries or stones abi?
I doubt a substantial amount will be recovered.... If you are talking assets, then yeah they will recover and forfeit!
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by frubben(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
The Nigeria i Know will celebrate the arrest of Evans and do nothing to break the main kingpins and their banks.

I won't be suprised if Evans walk a free man in ten years time
Ten years ke, if Evans is as rich like dey said, dis man will not stay more Dan 2 month in jail. No b today dem Don hype case den later sweep am inside gutter. Evans is just a manager in d business, the CEO will close d case. Forget all dis hyping.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Student125(m): 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
Op, is a learner.
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by Themandator: 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
dre11:

There are many questions to be answered concerning the arrest of Evans.

http://opera.pulse.ng/gist/kidnap-kingpin-there-are-many-things-wrong-with-evans-story-id6828633.html

The man says he doesn't keep much with the bank and runs just single account.

He says the money has owners and information is shared according once received. He pays the people at the detention camp 2 million each and runs his thing in department basis with two different teams always involved in the game .

The only new angle I suspect is that with the better understanding of thpis whistle blower compensation the Nigerian police force had elements that are usually in cohort with criminals might no longer be satisfied with the percentages and might now start arranging whistle blower deal on their former partners and storming their homes ,milling them in a ' shootout' and sharing the bounty from the blowing job
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by sekem: 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
eakenbor:
Rubbish post. Did they tell you he used banks for collecting ransoms? This reasoning is very unintelligent. Next?

I dey tell you

This OP's reasoning is wack

Evans talk say im get only one bank account, come talk say na people dey even buy things online for am

Dat one no reach enuf to tell you say the man no wan make im name dey appear for anything banking
Re: There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story by aribisala0(m): 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
UwaBuPawPaw:
If i am to be a criminal...I want to be like him unlike those burnt to death in oshodi
You are a criminal and you will be burnt at okokomaiko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Flogs His Wife After Catching Her Having Sex With A Neighbour / Female Undergraduate, Two Others Bag Seven Year Jail Terms In Enugu. PHOTOS / Charity Ohaka Kidnapped And Murdered, Corpse Found In A Well In Port-Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.