Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,128 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand (43728 Views)

Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) / I Will Not Fail Nigeria Again - Buhari / 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by laudate: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2017
steppins:
Nobody is deciding for them. We've said it over and over again. If you don't want to be with Biafra, the door is wide open.
Insignificant minority groups keep making these things a big deal.
Before we continue whatever we're doing, which ethnic minority group are you from? Lets start from there.
If you're an Afonja, Edo, Urhobo, Itsekiri, then I have no business talking about Biafra with you.

You see how deluded your members are? You said: "If you don't want to be with Biafra, the door is wide open." Are you sure your IPOB people got the memo? All those non-Igbo ethnic groups included in your Biafran organogram, are from where? Why did your IPOB crew include all those non-Igbo ethnic groups in your Biafran organogram?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by sarahade(f): 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Show ur own pics na u no wan show, u dey shame? slowpoke, poo eating dog make u no go die of BP.
Go epp ur mama and papa make dem see food chop or u want chop d leftover of my little pet. Go and change ur pad and pant it stinks that is y u discharge foul smelling mucus from dat well bored wide by many customers with different sizes. Stop dat work i fit employ for my firm. All u need na call i go epp ur miserable and wrteched life. Ashawo/olosho no be work. Learn from d consequence ur mama wey go soon die is passing thru now wink
Ashawo ten ten kobo you never die. A beg die quickly before you go infect the world with your madness
That's what happened to your c0ck sucking father and your poo eating mother before they died and now you.

I don't have a pen!s c0ck sucker whatever you want say it let me Grant your dying wish.

Rotten ynash make sure clean your worm infested anus well so you can get a d!ck to f*ck you well olosho ashawo no be work learn from your dead father jezebel.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Abagworo(m): 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2017
I like intelligent people like Oche Joseph. Unfortunately Nnamdi Kanu isn't one.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nigeriadondie: 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
sarahade:

Ashawo ten ten kobo you never die. A beg die quickly before you go infect the world with your madness
That's what happened to your c0ck sucking father and your poo eating mother before they died and now you.

I don't have a pen!s c0ck sucker whatever you want say it let me Grant your dying wish.

Rotten ynash make sure clean your worm infested anus well so you can get a d!ck to f*ck you well olosho ashawo no be work learn from your dead father jezebel.
U be suegbe, slowpoke with saliva dripping d side of ur stinky mouth housing ur gworo gworo brown teeth. No wonder those that Bleep u just get ur wowo face covered. Go and change ur pad and ur pant abi soap no dey again,u no dey shame.
Ur papa wey Bleep ur neigbour goat outside as him done tire for ur mama well wey no fit hold prick again like ur own wey dey comot fluid with heavy odour. Go treat yourself. wink
Tell me ur papa and mama age so i go know wetin to puy for their obituary poster. I no say u no get money to do am so i go epp u.
Generous cunt giver. How many wey pour him garbage inside u today?grin
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by sarahade(f): 8:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

U be suegbe, slowpoke with saliva dripping d side of ur stinky mouth housing ur gworo gworo brown teeth. No wonder those that Bleep u just get ur wowo face covered. Go and change ur pad and ur pant abi soap no dey again,u no dey shame.
Ur papa wey Bleep ur neigbour goat outside as him done tire for ur mama well wey no fit hold prick again like ur own wey dey comot fluid with heavy odour. Go treat yourself. wink
Tell me ur papa and mama age so i go know wetin to puy for their obituary poster. I no say u no get money to do am so i go epp u.
Generous cunt giver. How many wey pour him garbage inside u today?grin

Nancy I think say your oga don send you go pack shit na why your head no straight.
As for your daddy f*cking a goat because ya mama pussy wide is that what killed them or why you are mad don't worry You will join them soon and I will donate money for your obituary
Omase o. Don't worry na nkan be go carry your story.

Just send your account so I will send you money for pampers abi which one you dey use for your rotten anus. I will support you with that before you die throwaway don't worry you don't need to be buried na waste of space we will feed you to pigs.
Omooshi won ma pada Beri e mogi ni. Ayiri
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nigeriadondie: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
sarahade:

Nancy I think say your oga don send you go pack shit na why your head no straight.
As for your daddy f*cking a goat because ya mama pussy wide is that what killed them or why you are mad don't worry You will join them soon and I will donate money for your obituary

Just send your account so I will send you money for pampers abi which one you dey use for your rotten anus. I will support you with that before you die throwaway don't worry you don't need to be buried na waste of space we will feed you to pigs.
Hahahaha so e pain u die. Pls go check ur BP make u no go die off BP. Tell ur papa to stop yanshing neigbhours goat it is too shameful. Make ur mama tighten her well make e tight like small pipe then ur papa go use cd so d disease wey finish ur mama no go reach ur papa wey don dey colo wey dey worry dey enough. U must be hungry today and I no say customer no dey today. Make I feed hamburger from Mc Donalds that u ve never been to in ur entire miserable and fustrated life tongue

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by sarahade(f): 9:44pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Hahahaha so e pain u die. Pls go check ur BP make u no go die off BP. Tell ur papa to stop yanshing neigbhours goat it is too shameful. Make ur mama tighten her well make e tight like small pipe then ur papa go use cd so d disease wey finish ur mama no go reach ur papa wey don dey colo wey dey worry dey enough. U must be hungry today and I no say customer no dey today. Make I feed hamburger from Mc Donalds that u ve never been to in ur entire miserable and fustrated life tongue

Pain me lol omoale say you dey share your true life story before you die.

Smh fat hungry fool hope say you don wear pampers.
You are trying too hard just be sure you go back to the spot where you just begged for the money lol .

I know cock sucking and poo eating is your calling and will kill you slave. When you done begging your oga pikin wey dey help you send pictures send your account so you can see transport to go home and for pampers.

Incase you commit suicide because I can see you are frustrated and miserable. Just know you have saved your generation and saved your siblings the trouble of killing you wh0re.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nigeriadondie: 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
sarahade:

Hahahaaha use d money change ur pads. It is dur for changing. Shey u see d harmburger the cost of it is d cost of meal for u and ur dying parents for 1 and half week.
I just dey show u how life can be sweet here which u re so jealous. tongue
Because ur papa dey nyash all d goats now ur neigbhours dey hide their animals away from him. I know him for try am with dogs but dem fit use their sharp canine chop off d road. Cos of ur fowl smelling mucus from ur cunt toilet roll don finish. But I fit send u a roll. Is that ok? Let me know
Tell me ur mama and papa age so i tell d printer what to write cos i go epp u pay for d obituary poster of the beast parent u ve got. I will send all d clothes and things my little dog dont need to u. Any way feed ur eyes as I cruised home from Mc Donalds. Shey u see my car key. E go pain am die grin

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by sarahade(f): 11:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Hahahaaha use d money change ur pads. It is dur for changing. Shey u see d harmburger the cost of it is d cost of meal for u and ur dying parents for 1 and half week.
I just dey show u how life can be sweet here which u re so jealous. tongue
Because ur papa dey nyash all d goats now ur neigbhours dey hide their animals away from him. I know him for try am with dogs but dem fit use their sharp canine chop off d road. Cos of ur fowl smelling mucus from ur cunt toilet roll don finish. But I fit send u a roll. Is that ok? Let me know
Tell me ur mama and papa age so i tell d printer what to write cos i go epp u pay for d obituary poster of the beast parent u ve got. I will send all d clothes and things my little dog dont need to u. Any way feed ur eyes as I cruised home from Mc Donalds. Shey u see my car key. E go pain am die grin

F*cking b!tch wants to print his obituary down before he dies tell me the amount let me send it to you.
Well greet your gay cow f*cking father and olosho poo eating mother in hell.

Car keys smh do you even know how to start a car lol
Not only Mc donalds na mega chicken hungry slave.
Sha package your ass well with pampers before you enter molue oloriburuku somebody. grin grin

Short man devil I know you share clothes with dogs that help you lick your worm infested ass.
I'm still waiting for the pic of your peanut size d!ck buffalo.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 19, 2017
sarahade:

grin grin poverty is a disease ya ynash no dey produce money again abi I'm not a man ogbeni but I will help your life just send ya account number.
Na wa o shey na because mucus dey comot your mama p*ssy because of your rabid dog father na why you dey wail.
Na rituals them go use all your family do. The topic go dey Nairaland front page no worry.
you are a lady stop this rubbish
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by sarahade(f): 7:11am On Jun 19, 2017
sekxy:

you are a lady stop this rubbish

Ok ma I will.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nigeriadondie: 8:04am On Jun 19, 2017
sarahade:

F*cking b!tch wants to print his obituary down before he dies tell me the amount let me send it to you.

Sha package your ass well with pampers before you enter molue oloriburuku somebody. grin grin

Short man devil I know you share clothes with dogs that help you lick your worm infested ass.
Ruminant bleating he goat father + mud swimming swine mother = poo eating rabid dog girl u re. Thunder fire u die throway. U dey. Go and die at least street dog and vultures wud ve something to feed on. cry
Use wrapper if u no fit buy pampers. slowpoke clean d saliva dripping from ur mouth even if u no fit clean d mucus discharging from ur well. Wait for pic u go old
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by steppins: 9:35am On Jun 19, 2017
laudate:

You see how deluded your members are? You said: "If you don't want to be with Biafra, the door is wide open." Are you sure your IPOB people got the memo? All those non-Igbo ethnic groups included in your Biafran organogram, are from where? Why did your IPOB crew include all those non-Igbo ethnic groups in your Biafran organogram?
See how you conveniently dodged my question?
I'm done with you. Try your hateful and clueless argument on someone else.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by peacengine(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
sarahade:

Dat buffoon u dey xchange word wit no get work. He's an illegal immigrant wit no means of income. Imm dey nairaland always dey bully females anyhow nna, I no sure say na guy sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by sarahade(f): 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
peacengine:

Dat buffoon u dey xchange word wit no get work. He's an illegal immigrant wit no means of income. Imm dey nairaland always dey bully females anyhow nna, I no sure say na guy sef

Thank you sir. I didn't want to engage him at first until I noticed he's a bully.
I'm not interested in his case anymore someone warned me already.
But next time he will think twice before quoting my moniker.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by laudate: 9:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
steppins:

See how you conveniently dodged my question?
I'm done with you. Try your hateful and clueless argument on someone else.
Nah! Everyone can see that the hate and cluelessness is oozing from you! You have just exposed the inner workings of your mind.....
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by steppins: 11:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
laudate:

Nah! Everyone can see that the hate and cluelessness is oozing from you! You have just exposed the inner workings of your mind.....

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nigeriadondie: 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
peacengine:

Bastard defender of stupid women. Na ur type go spend money for women pant u no see. Them go use ur empty head drink garri.
By d way Illegal immigrants re never free to move as I do. They live in bondage of being caught by d police and eventually deported. It is a serious crume which can affect ur chances of ever travilling to that country. Jealousy go kill u die. I know say na d recession wey i no cause dey fustrate una.
How far na u don see d motor wey u wan buy for 250000naira to hustle? Go save up to 1.3m I get motor I wan move by Aug for my visit on Sept afterall we can talk business. Hope ur pocket has got no holes so u can afford d quality car not more than 300000km.
It is summer now so we are on holiday mood. wink. No much work as many have or about to travel. It is does working in emergency services or tourism that wud be busy now. Is that ok?
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nigeriadondie: 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
sarahade:

Thank you sir. I didn't want to engage him at first until I noticed he's a bully.
I'm not interested in his case anymore someone warned me already.
But next time he will think twice before quoting my moniker.
tongue U don tire or don die grin
If u ve a moniker then u must be one to ve one. wink
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nigeriadondie: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
peacengine:

Shey u dey confirm if u hold ur 1.3 m better motor for ur hustle dey.
No come here for nairaland dey burn ur time dey defend all those senseless and bad mannered babes that ve nothing to offer u even their dirty kpekus. Grow up little boy
Respect to d good girls.

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by laudate: 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
steppins:
without stupid people we would have no one left to laugh at....

Thanks for letting us know that you are one of those stuvpid people!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nigeriadondie: 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2017
peacengine:

Bastard dog, shey d recession don hammer u wella. tongue
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by KissCODE(m): 2:48am On Jun 22, 2017
intruxive:
Oche, dey didnt ask you for help. They want biafra dole grin
they want it not VIOLENTLY but through referendum. Don't ever forget this... If during the referendum they lose so be it and if they win so be it...

Ochei raised important facts but he forgot that if Biafra should exit through referendum, that there will be agreement reached on those properties he talked about. Just as britain is about starting their 2 years exit from Europe.

All his points on losing properties are valid if the break up is a product of war. But if it is a product of a UN or AU organised referendum... Nobody loses anything...
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by intruxive(m): 7:01am On Jun 22, 2017
KissCODE:
they want it not VIOLENTLY but through referendum. Don't ever forget this... If during the referendum they lose so be it and if they win so be it...

Ochei raised important facts but he forgot that if Biafra should exit through referendum, that there will be agreement reached on those properties he talked about. Just as britain is about starting their 2 years exit from Europe.

All his points on losing properties are valid if the break up is a product of war. But if it is a product of a UN or AU organised referendum... Nobody loses anything...
What you ungrateful lots forget is that you are not the only ones with a choice, u started the breakup agitation now the north is also telling you they want breakup with YOU.
Meaning regardless if u chose to stay or chose to go.... they no longer want to stay with you. So even if u conduct your referendum and decided to stay, the north has to also decide if they want you around or not.
And you should stop this your stupid our property nonsense, no one will claim yoir property u can chose to do whatever you like with it (sell it or rent it or move it back to the east).
So at this junction, the ball is not in your court, aboki said get out..... wether u decided to stay o, or leave o........just go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by KissCODE(m): 2:52am On Jun 23, 2017
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Emyogalanya: 11:36am On Aug 29, 2017
FriendNG:

Let's not lie to ourselves. You're just giving yourself unnecessary excuses, what hit up this Biafra agitation was not and will never be Buhari statement about 5% and 97%.

The Igbo shows this hatred on social media b4 the statement, infact even worst before he become the president.

Hiding under such statement is a prima facia
so u now agree it's not about gej loss
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by TrendyKingExzy: 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
Well said my brother. We really need to dissect this topic with our clear hearts devoid of sentiments and hate.
Where is sarki, passing shot, omenkalives, omenka, Madrid guy, ngeneukwuenu and all other patriots. ? It's high time we discussed this issue as it relates to the progress and sustainability of the Nigerian state.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by obong(m): 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
steppins:

Not just my uncle, there are others.
They don't go around shouting and telling people they're not in support of Biafra.
Apart from Urhobo and itsekiris, which other ethnic group has disowned Biafra?
Like I said earlier, the people that truly matter in South South are calm and watching.
entire cross river state and akwa ibom reject you guys too. Look st you talking of people that "truly matter". How are you better than the north

1 Like

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by obong(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
steppins:

Nobody is deciding for them. We've said it over and over again. If you don't want to be with Biafra, the door is wide open.
Insignificant minority groups keep making these things a big deal.
Before we continue whatever we're doing, which ethnic minority group are you from? Lets start from there.
If you're an Afonja, Edo, Urhobo, Itsekiri, then I have no business talking about Biafra with you.
agsin which groups are insignificant? You guys are bigots

1 Like

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by ChimaAdeoye: 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2017
ochejoseph:
BIAFRA VS AREWA FACE OFF: THE FIVE MAJOR ISSUE
WE MUST NOT FAIL TO US

Growing up as a child in Rigiyar Dorowa area of Sokoto was one of the happiest times of my life, opposite our house were the native Hausa/ Fulani hosts while on our sides were the non-natives 80% of which were Igbos. life was good, pidgin English was the lingua franca and the two other languages we could not do without were Igbo and Hausa and as kids we spoke them fluently nobody thought us we just grew up to speaking the languages as we mingled without segregation.

I have stayed out the Biafra discussion because I realized that whenever the issue comes up emotions run high while common sense and logical reasoning is always thrown out of the window hence my decision to watch the drama on the sidelines ,As a child who was born, raised and educated in Sokoto, North western Nigeria, I have felt the warmth, kindness and undiluted love of the people, I also understand the thinking's of a typical northerner haven spent the first 27 years of my life there and as a husband to a lovely Igbo woman and father to kids with some Igbo blood in their veins I also have a stake in the Eastern region.

Like I asserted in my book the Unseen Terrorist published by Author house in the United Kingdom, telling yourself a lie is like putting a short gun to your head and pulling the trigger in both ways you end up destroying yourself. There are 5 issues we must objectively look at in the ethnic and religious conflict that produced the Biafra agitation, at this point in our nation’s history silence is no longer golden, and history will not be kind to us if we fail to objectively dissect the issue and help the warring parties understand what is truly at stake.

Issue Number 1: The Tendency of the North to always be Violent

No one likes living with animals, as Northerner's we have spilled so much human blood, about 75 % of our innocent and defenseless victims have been the Igbo people and their children, and we have not spared their property also. Once there is any small fight or civil disturbance the next thing a northern miscreant thinks of is how to destroy Igbo property and sniff life out of a fellow human being.
During the sharia and election crises we killed and destroyed their properties across northern Nigeria, while they were still bleeding from the pains of the civil war and the trauma of abandoned property we continued to make them our number one target at the slightest provocation, these animalistic behavior we have perfected over decades has made living with us a nightmare.
Even among the so called northerners we have remained extremely violent to ourselves, how do we explain the killings in my home state Benue, how do we rationalize the slaughter by Boko haram in the North East. The Agatu massacre by Fulani herdsmen, their collaborators and silent supporter's is unexplainable yet we want people to live and coexist with us! Only a mad man will do so without asking questions.

\

Issue Number 2: Beneficiaries of the Northern Population.

The second truth we must tell ourselves is why are the Igbo's found in the remotest villages of Northern Nigeria, No one has milked the benefits of the Northern population like the Igbo nation truth be told. Unfortunately, majority of Igbo's and southerners are unwilling to accept the role of the north in developing the Igbo entrepreneurial zeal.
A vast majority of the Goods and products sold in major south eastern markets like Aba and Onitsha are not consumed in the East they end up in the north, this explains why the volume of cash inflow to the east is at its lowest during Ramadan and crisis period up North, today the Igbo's control about 70% of the core commercial activity in the North while Northerner's control less than 3 % in the Eastern region these are facts.
The Northern population has provided a training ground for many Igbo traders and their trainees who later became masters and continued their commercial exploits , data has shown that a vast majority of real estate especially in major cities in the northern Nigeria are owned by our eastern brothers and sisters thanks to a northern population that was willing to support their enterprise, but to claim the Igbo's are doing the north a favour by making money in their enclave like some have claimed is taking the insult too far .

Issue Number 3: Insensitivity to Religious Beliefs on Both sides

The complete lack of regard for the religious believe of the typical Muslim is usually the trigger for violence between the Arewa Muslim community and the Igbo nation, it is not unusual to find an Igbo man provocatively gulping a bottle of beer before a fasting Muslim neighbor without recourse to their emotions during Ramadan, the failure and outright refusal of a vast majority of the Igbo community to recognize and respect the religious beliefs of their host communities will continue to be the weakest and most lethal link in this complex relationship.

On the other hand, the insatiable appetite and perpetual quest to burn churches by arewa miscreants and few educated illiterates is another issue that has hastened the segregation of the nation along ethnic and religious lines, this is because the non-northern Christian population in the north is largely dominated by the Igbo's
Unfortunately, the political elites on both sides see this as a political weapon and often used same to whip up sentiments during elections this explains why elections in Nigeria is never based on issues of development but largely on ethnic propaganda and where you pray.

Issue Number 4: Demerits of the Biafra agitation and Arewa exit declaration.

It was Micheal Crichton who said “if you don’t know history you don't know anything, you are like a leaf who does not know it is part of a tree."
Today Puerto Rico is begging to lose its statehood and join the US as its 51st state, South Sudan the world's newest nation is currently in coma with no end in sight to the infighting for power by her political elite. It’s not about chasing people out of a land or claiming you want Biafra it’s about the huge consequences of what some of our friends are asking for...

Salient issues

A. If Biafra is granted independence as some want that will automatically transform Igbo's into foreigners in Nigeria, a nation they contributed immensely to build.

Now...
Which country in the world will allow foreigners to control 80 % of the commerce within its territory? It will be against National security to do so, except the capital of Biafra will be Abuja.

B. If Biafra secede Will the Arewa dominated "new" Nigeria allow Igbo's who by this time are non-nationals to still hold on to 70 % of the real estate which they control in the capital?

C. Many of the Nigerian flagged ships are Igbo owned, with Biafra coming into the picture they will automatically lose their privileged rights under the Cabotage laws and even go bankrupt because they automatically become foreign flagged ships with little or no expertise in foreign shipping and the huge demands

D. It will be odd to see Goods from Aba the China of Africa and Onitsha paying import duty just to cross the Niger Bridge into Asaba! ,!!! Yes that will be an export terminal if the agitation succeed, this will reduce the competitiveness of these products in terms of pricing.

E. Our current laws limits foreign equity in local banks, even Jaiz Nigeria’s only Islamic Bank has more Igbo shareholders than arewa Muslim shareholders, if that is the case imagine the Igbo shareholding and equity in traditional banks! What happens to these investments by hard working Igbo men and women? Will the law be changed overnight?

E. The Nigerian Civil service is dominated by Igbo's, comparative to their population nationally they have taken more than their fair share , will the over saturated states Eastern civil service struggling to pay salaries absorb them? How will the new nation cope with the huge number of pensioners from the east under the national payroll?

Qatar with all its huge resources powdered by gas and other petroleum resources is currently feeling the heat of the blockade by GCC nations, its only land border is with Saudi Arabia this route serves as the only link for the supply of critical resources and it is currently closed, the proposed Biafra although with some little orifices is virtually a landlocked region the Igbo man is too mobile and enterprising to be confined to a landlocked nation. Therefore those supporting Biafran agitation must avoid parochial sentiments and look at the bigger picture.

On the other hand my Arewa brothers who are banking on free crude oil money after chasing the Igbo's away must go back to the drawing board. It is sad that they fail to realize that once the South east goes, the South South will joyfully exit, and as we all know their agitation will not be as peaceful as IPOB who present themselves for practice training with live bullets by drunk officers and men of the Nigerian police and army, even the middle belt might not be willing to stay after the fragmentation and trust the highly educated Yoruba nation they have all the ingredients and capacity to start and sustain a viable new country.

As at today many of the northern states cannot sustain themselves, Benue my home state inclusive, with all the noise about food production and food basket there is widespread hunger, desperation and hopelessness in the land. The Northern healthcare system is driven by the population they want to expel, 9 out of every 10 pharmacy and chemist in the north 8 are owned by Igbo's.
The educational system in the core north is on life support thanks to Boko Haram. We have failed to properly manage the industries bequeathed to us by the late Sir Ahamadu Bello the Sardaunan Sokoto today their carcasses are scattered all over the region. If there is a time we need entrepreneur’s and investors to come to our region it is now !!!.

Many of those who have joined the band wagon of chase them away and Biafra agitation have not seen war, and some are under the influence of tramadol, alcoholic drinks and other substances which they abuse , nevertheless there are genuine agitators with sufficient grounds to call for a divorce of the marriage of 1914, they have issues which needs to be addressed, this is why I believe the decision the Buhari administration to pursue the policy of 97% and 5% as soon as he was inaugurated was the worse decision of his presidency so far.

Furthermore, the decision to completely throw away the entire recommendations of the national conference without sieving through to implement some of its nation saving recommendations is an action we will continue to regret for many years to come. With the current administration showing no regard for the constitution, court orders or the rule of Law, citizens are beginning to copy these dangerous precedents by abrogating to themselves powers which even the state does not have, as manifested by these haphazard declaration's and counter declaration which will further weaken whatever is left of the Nigerian state.

It is instructive to note that the general feeling among Nigerians who genuinely have the interest of the nation at heart is that there is an urgent need to restructure or tweak the framework of Nigerian state in order to prevent an imminent collapse and descent into lawlessness and anarchy.

Finally, just like my Eastern family my Northern family must recognized that we all need each other, No ethnic nationality can claim to know all, and no region is entirely self-sustaining as such we must stair up the Nigerian spirit of innovation and seek for ways to permanently resolve our differences, salvage our crumbling economy and preserve whatever is left of our common humanity.

May God Bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria

Oche Joseph Otorkpa is a fellow of the Royal Society for Public health UK
And Author of the Unseen Terrorist

The deceit in your write up is that you pretend the north wants to keep Biafra because of love and allow Igbo petty traders to sell their wares in northern villages. BIG LIE!

THE NORTH SIMPLY WANTS TO KEEP BIAFRA SO THEY WILL CONTINUE TO MILK HER OF ALL HER OIL RESOURCES.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by steppins: 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2017
obong:
entire cross river state and akwa ibom reject you guys too. Look st you talking of people that "truly matter". How are you better than the north
Nonentities rejecting Biafra. Who cares?
The slave is comfortable with the little he receives from the master, so I won't blame your people for rejecting Biafra.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by steppins: 9:23am On Sep 04, 2017
obong:
agsin which groups are insignificant? You guys are bigots
All I see is a Yoruba man masquerading as a Niger delta person or a pained man from South South. Either way, I have no business explaining things to you, cos you're too far gone to understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) / Meet Ololade Abdulai Akinsanya, MC Oluomo's Son Who Graduated In The U.S / Yahaya Bello In Full Military Regalia, Pictured With Governor Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.