Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

Man Files For Divorce From His Deathbed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Files For Divorce From His Deathbed (655 Views)

Lara Fortes Oshimhole Filed For Divorce. / Man Files For Divorce After Catching Wife In Bed With Brother! / 50 Year Old Man Files For Divorce Over Wife Demanding For Money Before Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Files For Divorce From His Deathbed by SixoNine: 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2010
An American actor dying from prostrate cancer has filed for divorce from his wife of 14years. They have a daughter. His will leaves 25% of his wealth to his wife but he doesn't want her to get a penny. Why are men so callous? I looked up the law in Nigeria and its even worse in Nigeria, alimony is something like N1000 per month, children or no children? Why would you want someone that gave birth to your children to suffer and why is it that the law in Nigeria does not protect divorced women? I'm shocked.
Re: Man Files For Divorce From His Deathbed by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
Really so they haven started making them pay the women? I thought the women where just kicked out of the house and not allowed to see their kids ever again, or in some cases kicked out with the kids and left homeless. Nigerian women are oppressed in that country.
Re: Man Files For Divorce From His Deathbed by Kgdavid(m): 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2010
lol it is obvious this is one of those cases where the woman married the man for his money. serves the greedy woman right. some women are just dying for their wealthy husbands to die.
Re: Man Files For Divorce From His Deathbed by elecktra(f): 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2010
arghh can we get over this women marry their husbands cos of the wealth or money, how would you know? were you dere wen they married

themselves ?? mcheeeeew guys, always on the defense. whoever said a woman cannot be wealthy too that it is a man's money she ll be dying to inherit

what a chauvinistic world we women live in cry angry sad
Re: Man Files For Divorce From His Deathbed by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 23, 2010
@post
this case is about DENNIS HOPPER but you have to look through what happened before making your own judgment.
first this woman is 41yrs old and he is 73, she is his FIFTH wife, he also has 3 children from previous marriages before getting a fourth child with that one.
his reason for divorce is that she is addicted to luxury and therefore wouldnt be the right person to handle is estate therefore he prefers to hand it over to his children. divorcing her makes it better legally and she wouldnt be able to try "anything funny" after he passes away like contesting his will.
he is willing to give her 25% of his estate, which is what a wife is normally entitled to in legal divorces.

" A longtime family confidant told The Post that Hopper is angry that wife Victoria Duffy is trying to bleed him for every last nickel -- although he's given her a ranch, museum-quality art works and a wardrobe of couture dresses.
"Dennis said 'I've worked so hard to give Victoria everything she wanted, but it only fueled her appetite for more and more luxury,' " the source said.

wifey is furious about being left only 25 cents on the dollar -- the same payout spelled out in their prenuptial agreement. she expected to get much more than a quarter of Hopper's estate -- and was also fuming to learn she was not named executor of the will, a source said.

(1) (Reply)

Hell Date! / What Do U: / I Found The Love My Life Here You Too Can

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.