Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Marry A This And That - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marry A This And That (1551 Views)

Reno Omokri: "Never Marry A Woman You Have Not Seen Without Makeup" (Photos) / Can You Marry A Retired Prostitute? [video] - Watch Reactions / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marry A This And That by Spicylate(f): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
I used to be told or rather I read that we should marry a man who is caring, understanding, loving etc. Now the thing is we find these men that are loving, caring etc and we become best friends. We introduce them to our people and the next thing you hear is: ah! No oo, he is black, he is not from our tribe, he is thin and some comments like that. So why don't they write marry a man who is from your tribe, marry a man who is big, marry a man who is fair etc.?
They also say pray that God sends you your husband: I prayed and I saw a God sent, I tell my people and they give the same negative reasons: no oo, we can't support you guys oo, he is not from our place, he is poor, he is this and that. Some even don't get to see the guy and have a chat with him to iron out their fears but just coz of one bad experience, the condemn the relationship. Is it fair And what do you do especially when you want their blessings?

1 Like

Re: Marry A This And That by MissRaine69(f): 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
Most women are fickle and materialistic these days that's why they can not see past their fake eye lashes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry A This And That by nurey(m): 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
your situation is tough

1. what a child cant see from a tree top, an elder will see lying down.

2. The marriage is for you, not for them.

Most people will say go ahead, whether they bless it or not, but whatever choice you make, have it in mind that you will bear the burden alone and you can never change the hands of time

goodluck

1 Like

Re: Marry A This And That by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
Eehnn...

But if u marry a foreigner they will say go on and dont let him go nowhere abi?

Re: Marry A This And That by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
Don't expect your folks to take to your intended immediately. This bestowal of their approval is almost a ritualistic dance; they feel duty bound to give your man a hard time, so that he doesn't think he's God's gift to you. The important thing is for you to show maturity and steadfastness, so that they see how you feel about him. In the end, they'll say "okay o, since you say he's the one you want". But truly, they'll be happy for you.

That's not to say that they don't sometimes have genuine concerns. In which case their disapproval isn't just them playing "hard to get".

2 Likes

Re: Marry A This And That by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
MissRaine69:
Most women are fickle and materialistic these days that's why they can not see past their fake eye lashes.
why did you deactivate your previous account?
Re: Marry A This And That by MissRaine69(f): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
why did you deactivate your previous account?
My hand was pushed.
Re: Marry A This And That by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
Eehnn...

But if u marry a foreigner they will say go on and dont let him go nowhere abi?

minus greencard and paper marriage hustlers grin grin...i dont think anybody truly in love with a foreigner would listen if the family starts complaining.if the guy is adamant the parents would let him be.anyway its rare for any nigerian family to go against interracial marriage than they go against intertribal marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry A This And That by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
MissRaine69:

My hand was pushed.
How's that? I takes more than one click to deactivate. Banned?
Re: Marry A This And That by MissRaine69(f): 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
How's that? I takes more than one click to deactivate. Banned?
You are an intelligent individual. The latter
Re: Marry A This And That by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
MissRaine69:

compliment? Sarcasm? Lol

Who'd have thought you'd be caught breaking rule. Lol welcome to the club
Re: Marry A This And That by EseWealth(f): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
so touching, Nigeria parents and their wahala
Re: Marry A This And That by MissRaine69(f): 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
compliment? Sarcasm? Lol

Who'd have thought you'd be caught breaking rule. Lol welcome to the club
Compliment.
I did not break a rule
I said no to an advance hardly rule breaking but it's all about being punitive.
Re: Marry A This And That by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
MissRaine69:

Compliment.
I did not break a rule
I said no to an advance hardly rule breaking but it's all about being punitive.
Is there dots to be connected? I'm a lil confused. Could it be what I think it is?
Re: Marry A This And That by MissRaine69(f): 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Is there dots to be connected? I'm a lil confused. Could it be what I think it is?
What do you think it is?
Re: Marry A This And That by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
MissRaine69:

What do you think it is?
It's quite easy connecting the dots. Looks like paying for turning down a 'superior'. Maybe I'm wrong tho
Re: Marry A This And That by lammylam(f): 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
Spicylate:
I used to be told or rather I read that we should marry a man who is caring, understanding, loving etc. Now the thing is we find these men that are loving, caring etc and we become best friends. We introduce them to our people and the next thing you hear is: ah! No oo, he is black, he is not from our tribe, he is thin and some comments like that. So why don't they write marry a man who is from your tribe, marry a man who is big, marry a man who is fair etc.?
They also say pray that God sends you your husband: I prayed and I saw a God sent, I tell my people and they give the same negative reasons: no oo, we can't support you guys oo, he is not from our place, he is poor, he is this and that. Some even don't get to see the guy and have a chat with him to iron out their fears but just coz of one bad experience, the condemn the relationship. Is it fair And what do you do especially when you want their blessings?

m telling u this can be frustrating attimes

my dad would tell u

you r to marry from our tribe alone(yoruba)
but dont bring a man from ogun state! but he is Yoruba na

the worst is m from ekiti nd m free to bring an ekiti man home but he specified ( shouldn't be from our home town or d state capital)

like seriously?? but they r ekiti!
Re: Marry A This And That by Spicylate(f): 5:51am On Jun 15, 2017
lammylam:

m telling u this can be frustrating attimes

my dad would tell u

you r to marry from our tribe alone(yoruba)
but dont bring a man from ogun state! but he is Yoruba na

the worst is m from ekiti nd m free to bring an ekiti man home but he specified ( shouldn't be from our home town or d state capital)

like seriously?? but they r ekiti!
It's just sad.
Re: Marry A This And That by Nuellaluv(f): 9:34am On Jun 15, 2017
Same with me they will tell you to marry from anambra but not all part it's disheartening and frustrating at times
Re: Marry A This And That by trilobite: 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
MsRoe:
Don't expect your folks to take to your intended immediately. This bestowal of their approval is almost a ritualistic dance; they feel duty bound to give your man a hard time, so that he doesn't think he's God's gift to you. The important thing is for you to show maturity and steadfastness, so that they see how you feel about him. In the end, they'll say "okay o, since you say he's the one you want". But truly, they'll be happy for you.

That's not to say that they don't sometimes have genuine concerns. In which case their disapproval isn't just them playing "hard to get".

well said!! We have a winner. spicylate abi na spicy ate, follow this advice.

1 Like

Re: Marry A This And That by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
There's no parent that'll ever reject a decent looking rich fiancée
Re: Marry A This And That by lammylam(f): 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
Spicylate:
It's just sad.
very sad my sister
Re: Marry A This And That by Beranco: 10:19am On Jun 16, 2017
Re: Marry A This And That by rumenase(m): 4:11am On Sep 01, 2017
MissRaine69:

and yu are a pretty damn damsel. grin
MissRaine69:

are yu in distress?

(1) (Reply)

UNILAG Final Year Student Rapes Underage Fresher / To Snitch Or Not To Snitch? / Questions Guys Should Ask A New Girl They Just Met.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.