Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - (19043 Views)

Mohammed Bello Adoke: Tinubu’s Close Ally Engineered His CCT Trial / Saraki Speaks On ‘stepping Down’ For Atiku / Saraki & His Supporters Jubilating After CCT Trial in Abuja Today (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by sugarwiz(f): 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nbote:

Ur grudge shld b with d govt dat kips deceiving itself and some Nigerians into thinking dey are fighting a socalled war against corruption.. Some of us saw thru d whole charade for what it was but morons kept hailing d govt then.. Dey claimed dey had compelling evidence and blah blah blah and succeeded in turning Nigerians against d Senate but ppl forgot to see beyond d power play at work.. Everyone needs leverage and dey are all in it together.. Corruption war my ass
Your point is?
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by arosseun(m): 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2017
Naso
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Alexis11: 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
LordAdam16:

The entire fight against corruption has always been a joke.

You better ask around to know what deal Saraki made and with whom to get his name cleared. If the deal is with the CPC faction, nai b say una (AC faction) troubles just dey start.

-Lord

grin cheesy

Na una go still lose at last! grin

Yorubas are back together tongue
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by sweetgala(m): 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
nototribalist:
saraki didn't collect 1 Naira from you. But thiefnubuu looted Lagos funds for himself

You obviously have no idea what's going on in Kwara.
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by bayinq25(m): 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
itsdumebi:
Nigeria's senate president, Bukola Saraki has stated that he bear no grudge against anyone following his win at the CCT trial on Wednesday.

In a statement made available to Politics Nigeria, Saraki stated;

Today, June 14, 2017, the Code of Conduct Tribunal sitting in Abuja discharged and acquitted me on a case of false declaration of assets, which started in September 2015.

You would recall that at the beginning of the trial, I maintained that I will clear my name. The conclusion of this trial has vindicated my position. With the outcome of this case, our faith is renewed in our courts and our hope is restored that the judiciary in our country could indeed provide sanctuary for all those who seek justice.

I thank the Almighty Allah, the ultimate Judge and the repository of all powers. He alone has brought about this victory. I am immensely grateful to all my colleagues in the National Assembly for their abiding support. All through my trial, they demonstrated their strong conviction about the choice we all decided to make two years ago. I thank members of my family for their unflinching support. I thank all friends and supporters back home in Kwara State and across the length and breadth of our country for their prayers and their sacrifices. My gratitude also goes to all members of my legal team for their tireless efforts to ensure the cause of justice is served.

After undergoing the crucible of a tortuous trial, my vindication today calls for celebration. It is my belief however that if there should be any celebration at all, it should be a celebration of the hopes that this judgment gives us as citizens that despite all the challenges that we face as a country, we are well on our way to building a country where the innocent needs not be afraid. I therefore urge all my supporters to refrain from any unbridled triumphalism. The challenges that our country faces today are enormous and do not allow for wanton celebration. Instead, we should all reflect on the significance of this moment and what it meant for our democracy.

On a personal note, I harbour no grudge against anyone, regardless of the role they might have played in the persecution that I had endured in the last two years. I believe that If my trial had in anyway given hope to the common man that no matter the forces arraigned against him, he can still get justice in our courts, then my tribulation had not been in vain.

Once again, I thank my colleagues in the 8th Senate for standing firm. Regardless of the distraction of my trial, we have achieved more as legislators than the previous Senates. Now that this distraction is over, we can even achieve so much more. We must now proceed from here with greater vigour to deliver on the expectations of Nigerians and show that this 8th Senate can indeed play a central role in improving the quality of lives of our people.

Lastly, I thank all the gentlemen of the press for your abiding interest in this case, which I believe had contributed in no small measure in ensuring that truth and reason ultimately prevailed.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/06/14/bear-no-grudge-anyone-saraki-speaks-cct-trial-win/
Nigeria is a dead entity

1 Like

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by sweetgala(m): 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Speak for yourself, the last time I checked saraki remains a progressive

Explain !
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Haben1: 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
nototribalist:
saraki didn't collect 1 Naira from you. But thiefnubuu looted Lagos funds for himself

.... shut ur mouth mumu, come to ilorin and ask people about him, after leaving a post u are still collecting the money and people are out there couldn't get #50 to buy food, so plzzz stop saying rubbish
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by airminem(f): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
My sympathy goes out to anyone who is glutting, if you think the war of corruption is not succeeding.
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Firefire(m): 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nbote:

Ur grudge shld b with d govt dat kips deceiving itself and some Nigerians into thinking dey are fighting a socalled war against corruption.. Some of us saw thru d whole charade for what it was but morons kept hailing d govt then.. Dey claimed dey had compelling evidence and blah blah blah and succeeded in turning Nigerians against d Senate but ppl forgot to see beyond d power play at work.. Everyone needs leverage and dey are all in it together.. Corruption war my ass

Don't mind them.

We warned them that the noise was just a waste of time, but the moronic Zone-Bs will rather choose to believe the lies.

APC, Party of professional liars and career rogues.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by reachbenny(m): 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
A lot of things have to change in Nigeria. Let us get our voters card and stay ready to do the needful.

The judiciary seems verrrrrrry effective when dealing with the common Nigerian who does not have money.
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Nbote(m): 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
Alexis11:

When are you guys ever going to make up your mind

You said Saraki was innocent and the case was more of witch hunt, the same government decided to let your "witch" go scot free yet you never stop crying grin

What exactly do you want sef

But U ppl were so sure it was a corruption war in d right path.. We all saw it for what it was, a charade to kip ppl like u wanking.. Now since d govt is seriously fighting corruption like u all want to believe, why was d "compelling" evidence thrown out.. Go to d dictionary and look up d meaning of leverage..
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Nbote(m): 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
sugarwiz:

Your point is?

Right there above dis statement is d point u so seek I made it 2 so u could see dem quite clearly
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by obonujoker(m): 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
seunmsg:
Nonsense. At this rate, even Dasuki will be discharged and acquitted. Nigeria judiciary and the entire fight against corruption is gradually turning into a joke.

Common shatap, we the sai buharians trust in the anti corruption fight wholeheartedly..... our baba has integrity.... only iPod youth like you will say the 5 minutes sensationalism is a joke.....
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Ngokafor(f): 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
richidinho:
APC govt was jst playing ludo with Sarrki and Omenkalives destiny grin

..I tell you..dont forget @Drop shots.. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Ngokafor(f): 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
sugarwiz:

Your point is?

..His point is that the so-called corruption fight was a joke,hoax,circus and scam from the get-go to deceive the gullible and make it look like Apc meant business...Most people saw through buhari/apc's deceit,but APC supporters refused to use their brains and ran amok for months with their meaningless analysis,postulations and mis-placed confidence in buhari/apc.

.,Thats his point
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Bullhari007(m): 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2017
that yellowbar cockroach eye will ran into lagoon...
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by able20(m): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
Finally CCB cleared Saraki and Tinubu, "what is good for the goose is good for the gander"
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by iamrealdeji(m): 8:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
Meritocracy:
I'm happy for you my able Senate leader but the same Allah will asked you how you accumulate your wealth in the day of judgement. Forget about being discharged and acquitted here. Everyone will account for his wealth.
and are you sure he hasn't bought his wag to heaven already? that man gets away with anything. don't be surprised he would start spending hugely on religion later when he notices he's getting close to grave.
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by engrchykae(m): 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
slyrone:
BUKOLA SARAKI DEFEATED HIS DAD, HE WENT EVEN FURTHER TO DEFEAT THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC TOO. HATE HIM OR LOVE HIM, THE MAN IS SMART.
the dad stylishly handed kwara state over to his son and made it look like the son betrayed him.as for the federal government,the fulani cabal were never going to bring down their own in order to please a jagaban.it was even buhari that helped saraki to become the senate president by calling out the ruling party lawmakers to the international conference centre while the clerk of the national assembly received orders to proceed with the election of the senate leadership.
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by UnchangeableGod: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2017
seunmsg:
Nonsense. At this rate, even Dasuki will be discharged and acquitted. Nigeria judiciary and the entire fight against corruption is gradually turning into a joke.
The question is, where they actually fighting corruption as widely publicized or those who do not agree with them? BTW, how do you know that Dasuki is guilty? Is it as a result of the usual media trial frenzy? Why are the authorities reluctant as I learnt to charge him to court despite all the brouhaha? The motive of this 'fight against corruption' is very suspect. My opinion.
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by UnchangeableGod: 9:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
emmasege:
The Saraki that I know (not the one someone told me about ) is a green snake under green grass and worse still, one of the greatest looters of our treasury. He made that statement because his greedy eyes are fixed on the Aso Rock seat so he can be seen as a good man with a large heart.

Are we talking of a thief who upgraded Ilorin airport and ensured it got an international status so he could be doing his money laundry directly from the airport, while a sitting governor? I was @ Ilorin airport some 1 or 2 weeks to his exit as governor when he flew many bags of foreign currency directly to Barcelona.

If Saraki is not a thief, the government can as well free all finance-related criminals in our prison, including Evans. After all, if these polithieves and legislooters had not been stealing our common wealth and had made life worth a living for young Nigerians, some of these youths might not have gone into crimes. My argument is not to justify young criminals but rather to mete out more stringent punishments to the looters of our national treasury.

On a more serious note, Nigeria is in a serious mess and only God and revolution can free her.
The issue is not that Senator Saraki is not guilty. I don't really know. The real issue is whether the government is actually fighting corruption or merely fighting those who refuse to play ball and making a lot of noise out of it. Ask yourself, if Saraki had not contested and won the senate presidency against the wishes of his party, would his file have been brought up? I would want a real fight against corruption that is thorough and not politically motivated.
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by UnchangeableGod: 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
airminem:
My sympathy goes out to anyone who is glutting, if you think the war of corruption is not succeeding.
Was there fight against corruption in the first place?
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by UnchangeableGod: 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ngokafor:

..His point is that the so-called corruption fight was a joke,hoax,circus and scam from the get-go to deceive the gullible and make it look like Apc meant business...Most people saw through buhari/apc's deceit,but APC supporters refused to use their brains and ran amok for months with their meaningless analysis and postulations and mis-placed confidence in buhari/apc.

.,Thats his point
I wonder why some people believe the government is fighting corruption when it was so glaring they were playing to the gallery. I want corruption to be fought. Unfortunately, the government of the day appears to be after drama and media trial than getting results. So sad! May God provide us the saviour I J N,
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by win2kwire: 10:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
well the citizens who he stole his wealth from have grudges
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Duru009(m): 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
Smart Man!!
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by ofwest47(m): 12:06am On Jun 15, 2017
Oh yes ! corruption has won through a knock out in the contest between corruption and the anti corruption crusade with the referee _ the Nigerian judiciary .at work.
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Elbowroom: 1:16am On Jun 15, 2017
emotiti:
I am disappointed at this statement of yours. Sometimes i find it difficult to grasp, how nigerians and we yorubas have not realized that these people do not have our interests at heart.

They don't have your interest at heart
They why do u kill yourselves on nairaland ranting and wailing
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Elbowroom: 1:17am On Jun 15, 2017
Nbote:

Not wen U single him out as if he played a fast one on everybody...

It's all political

That's the point you are missing
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by chukxie(m): 1:59am On Jun 15, 2017
I see a lot of division here based on political affiliation. On the surface, I'd like to congratulate Saraki on his victory since the court deemed him not guilty of the charges brought against him by the government. On the inside, I and millions of Nigerians know Saraki is corrupt. Anyway, what do we know? After all since when did the collective opinions of the Nigerian hoi polloi matter in decision making by the government? Nigeria is synonymous with corruption - from top to bottom the whole system is abysmally corrupt. For those of you on Nairaland who have allowed yourselves to be blinded by political staunchness know that the political parties and politicians you so support do not give one FUC.K about you or your family. They (politicians) care only for their gluttonous appetite for money, their families and their properties in the choicest parts of the world. They ride in expensive cars while you who keep beating the drums of support for them struggle on daily basis with 'Keke Napep'. While they and their families feast on sumptuous meals, you go about hungry or eat unnutritious meals. While their children are studying in the best universities abroad, you on the other hand are studying in some shambolic universities with dilapidated structures in Nigeria. While they live in palatial houses in Lekki, Abuja, Banana Island, Ikoyi et cetera, with 24-7 electricity supply, you, my friend, on the other hand are battling with epileptic power supply in your crammed neighbourhood. When they or members of their families are sick, they're flown abroad where they receive the best medicare that money can afford while you are stuck with the dysfunctional public health care system in Nigeria. Dear drumbeaters and praise singers of politicians ('polithiefians'), keep up the 'good' work. By the time corrupt politicians from APC, PDP and other parties are done depleting our collective wealth, you would be begging for asylum in Chad! Wake up from your slumbers! God bless us - the masses of Nigeria.
Re: Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - by Gpac123(m): 4:47am On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=emmasege post=57516114]The Saraki that I know (not the one someone told me about ) is a green snake under green grass and worse still, one of the greatest looters of our treasury. He made that statement because his greedy eyes are fixed on the Aso Rock seat so he can be seen as a good man with a large heart.

Are we talking of a thief who upgraded Ilorin airport and ensured it got an international status so he could be doing his money laundry directly from the airport, while a sitting governor? I was @ Ilorin airport some 1 or 2 weeks to his exit as governor when he flew many bags of foreign currency directly to Barcelona.

If Saraki is not a thief, the government can as well free all finance-related criminals in our prison, including Evans. After all, if these polithieves and legislooters had not been stealing our common wealth and had made life worth a living for young Nigerians, some of these youths might not have gone into crimes. My argument is not to justify young criminals but rather to mete out more stringent punishments to the looters of our national treasury.

On a more serious note, Nigeria is in a serious mess and only God and revolution can free her.

[You are a freaking liar.. Were you present when he took those bags to Barcelona.. I'm not a Saraki supporter but this is pure liar.. You just want people to notice you by telling a great liar.]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NEC Recommends Postponement Of Petrol Subsidy Removal / FG Plots Fresh Charges Against Onnoghen: The 3 Stage Plan / Support Group Holds ‘One-Million-Man-March’ For Tinubu In Kogi (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.