Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba (28108 Views)

Soldier Beats An Okada Man In Bayelsa (Disturbing photos) / Nigerian Soldier Beats His Lover Mercilessly In Public For Lying To Him / Female Soldier Beats Policewoman Comatose In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by SmartyPants(m): 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

"It took the intervention of Lt Amusa who called the junior officers"

You are right oooooo shocked shocked shocked didn't see that!

How wise and true of you to admit it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by DeadPresident(m): 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
MrIcredible:

Maybe you're weak, most people soldiers harass are not weak. One on one without riffle, I'll beat tge shit out of every average soldier.

Without rifle you said ??
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by MrIcredible: 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
DeadPresident:

Without rifle you said ??
Use your brain
That's why the mumu boys run at the mention of boko.... They all have tge riffle undecided
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by DonBobes(m): 10:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
brunofarad:
Trouble dey sleep jeje

Drunk inyanga go wake am

Pls help me kill this spider grin
He brought it on himself, checking a soldier in public dat is too much. Even i can't take that too
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by SHAKABOOM: 10:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
nonxo007:
Small change and he's feeling like god, them no beat am well...rubbish...pride came and his downfall followed..but still should have allowed the bouncers handle him
Im be like say na akrika dey ur head?You believe the K leg story?So all the while you dey enter club person dey harass you?American returnee wey you know say go dey fear nigeria,especially aba.
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by chngebeginwthme: 10:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
DeadPresident:

Believe the Nigerian Army at your own risk

So the civilian attacked the soldier ?? How does this sound to you ??

They can't fight the Boko boys, they only know how to beat the shiit out of innocent weak Nigerians

But you believe the man right? I wish you know how some men behave if they have small change without knowing if you are Soldier or not as far as you no wear uniform.
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by nonxo007(m): 10:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
SHAKABOOM:

Im be like say na akrika dey ur head?You believe the K leg story?So all the while you dey enter club person dey harass you?American returnee wey you know say go dey fear nigeria,especially aba.

There is always more than one side to a story, u choose which ever to believe... And do u know u can quote someone without insulting the person ??
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by SIRmanjar(m): 10:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
DonBobes:

He brought it on himself, checking a soldier in public dat is too much. Even i can't take that too
Mumu talk..Wetin married soldier dey find for club?Im lucky say boys no use shayo eyes mob am..Useless soldier
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by yoddy(m): 10:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
DeadPresident:

They can't fight the Boko boys, they only know how to beat the shiit out of innocent weak Nigerians

If you have related with officers I mean guys from the officer cadre you'll believe the story.

1 Like

Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by SIRmanjar(m): 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
nonxo007:

There is always more than one side to a story, u choose which ever to believe... And do u know u can quote someone without insulting the person ??
We know dat the useless soldier is lying..what is a married soldier looking for in a club?Abi club na combat zone. angry
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
DeadPresident:

You are jumping to conclusion at your own risk
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by Reals(m): 12:08am On Jun 15, 2017
So na old men dey cause all this problem? i tin say na small boys them try.
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by mavinc4u(f): 12:12am On Jun 15, 2017
nonxo007:
Small change and he's feeling like god, them no beat am well...rubbish...pride came and his downfall followed..but still should have allowed the bouncers handle him

Lol, so you can't differentiate between lies and truth?
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by younglleo: 1:48am On Jun 15, 2017
u see

1 Like

Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by arnold123: 3:38am On Jun 15, 2017
Afro3:
An update of the story on this link below
https://www.nairaland.com/3856265/soldier-beats-businessman-aba-night

.....the other side of the report:

An altercation occurred over the weekend at the popular club icon in Aba which degenerated between a young army officer and an American returnee. Eye witness account states that Lawson who recently returned from the USA was a bit tipsy and was intimidating and instructing everyone to create enough space for himself and his guests in the club. In the process he shoved aside a young man who happened to be an army officer but was in civilian clothing. 

Despite approaches by the club management for Lawson to calm down, he proceeded to physically assault the young officer which prompted his colleagues to come to his defense. It took the intervention of Lt Amusa who called the junior officers to order and ensured Lawson was taken to the hospital for treatment. Lt Ijamakinwa also visited Lawson in the hospital to ascertain his condition. The matter was also reported to the police and the Commander of 14 Brigade Ohafia in Abia state swiftly set up an inquiry to investigate for appropriate action.

Unfortunately because they could not identify the officers involved and Lt Ijamakinwa was the officer they could identify, Lawson and his friend Joseph Michael went on facebook and downloaded the picture of  Lt Ijamakinwa and his wife and sent it to bloggers across Nigeria as the suspect  despite the club management and eye witness accounts stating the opposite. Lawson is advised to utilize legal means and assist the police and the military authorities with their investigations rather than defame and malign the character of an officer who has served Nigeria meritoriously. It was also improper to distribute his and his wife's picture accross social media. 

Before you 'copy and paste' on social media, be aware;
CYBERCRIMES (PROHIBITION, PREVENTION, ETC) ACT, 2015 LAWS OF THE FEDERATION OF NIGERIA - 1999 - 2016 ENACTMENTS
(1) Any person who knowingly or intentionally sends a message or other matter by means of computer systems or network that-
(b) he knows to be false, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience danger, obstruction, insult, injury, criminal intimidation, enmity, hatred, ill will or needless anxiety to another or causes such a message to be sent: commits an offence under this Act and shall be liable on conviction to a fine of not more than N7,000,000.00 or imprisonment for a term of not more than 3 years or to both such fine and imprisonment.

(2) Any person who knowingly or intentionally transmits or causes the transmission of any communication through a computer system or network -
(a) to bully, threaten or harass another person, where such communication places another person in fear of death, violence or bodily harm or to another person;
(c) containing any threat to harm the property or reputation of the addressee or of another or the reputation of a deceased person or any threat to accuse the addressee or any other person of a crime, to extort from any person, firm, association, or corporation, any money or other thing of value:
commits an offence under this Act and shall be liable on conviction---
(i) in the case of paragraphs (a) and (b) of this subsection to imprisonment for a term of 10 years and/or a minimum fine of N25,000,000.00; and 
(ii) in the case of paragraph (c) and (d) of this subsection, to imprisonment for a term of 5 years and/or a minimum fine of N15,000,000.00.

http://www.abujapress.com/2017/06/updated-defamation-of-character-re.html?m=0
Na God punish am so, supposing you stayed at home with your family, wife and children would this thing happen to you in the first place? buy your beer , take it with you and go to your fvcking House and sit your ass down and drink it, shikena! most of the time we are the witch and wizards troubling ourselves that's a fact!
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by oloriadebusola: 5:32am On Jun 15, 2017
Let's assume he guy that did the beating was a civilian does that make it better, so the story goes he touched the"mistakenly"touched his body and he stated beating him .,no abusive words were thrown back and forth, no "do you know who I am" slogan was used... Let's be fair abeg, some people can run their mouth and later not own up to it.
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by oloriadebusola: 5:37am On Jun 15, 2017
It's just like the story of the guy the was shot in kd recently, you are packing sand beside the barracks, soldier tells you go, press said he pleaded next thing soldier shoots the guy Haba, so he didn't give problem at all... These are guys that take drugs like tramadol, cough syrup like they drink water, you should see the wat they behave, not to add how tense the north is join am, please let's be factual, it's not always the fault of the soldier.
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by louqas: 5:42am On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

Your postulations is the most Foolish I ever read on the matter. The foolish civilian american returnees (probably deported) thought he can bully everyone because he has a few (probably stolen ) dollars and all you can do is conclude that a civilian cannot attack a soldier even when the soldier is reportedly mufti and to complete your stupidity you wrote they can't fight BH.

Oh I forgot you are not a Nigerian

But Biafra.

FYI Nigerians are proud of their soldiers and can depend on them always unlike you guys who were left on your own by yourGeneral OJUKWU who ran away ivory coast after he massacred 3million Jews .

You have been given quit notice so start packing your makeshift 2by 2 kiosks in the north and think of which erosion ravaged Alaigbo you will relocate .
Nonsense.
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by kokoA(m): 6:39am On Jun 15, 2017
I bothers me that nobody here sees it as abnormal for military officials to be in a civilian gathering at that time of the night. Soldiers live in barracks and have no business outside except they get a pass from their superior. So much indiscipline in the land (both soldiers and civilians). Smh.
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by Iamsammy(m): 7:02am On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

shattapp and read very well, am once in a club wen one idiot claimed to b from d state was jerking my cloth despite on full uniform until I place d idiot where he belongs. those guys can b so rude thinking dey are better off. dat guy is on mufti remember
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by smalls001: 8:17am On Jun 15, 2017
Dumb response...You only just confirmed that Lawson was beaten by soldiers........This is a record.....
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by nnokwa042(m): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2017
vicadex07:
See as Afonja bash him flash head. grin

So he was actually chest beating in the club like they do here and the officers schooled him.

grin

So many of them need that kind of schooling here on Nairaland.

grin
re u kidding no single Yoruba guy will dare to fight an Igbo guy that one Na suicide,so afonjas always fight igbo person in group
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by Omolewa212(f): 9:23am On Jun 15, 2017
The story could be true since they said the man (Lawson) was tipsy and also that the Army was on mofty
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by DeadPresident(m): 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2017
Iamsammy:
shattapp and read very well, am once in a club wen one idiot claimed to b from d state was jerking my cloth despite on full uniform until I place d idiot where he belongs. those guys can b so rude thinking dey are better off. dat guy is on mufti remember

He just walked up to you and started jerking your clothes ??

You placed the idiot where he belongs ?? Well, he's a weak and poor individual

Can you do that to me or any of my family ?? 5 million naira on your head and you will be killed, don't play with people you don't know
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 15, 2017
incredibleace:
This Lawson guy no be like person way come back From abroad

But wetin concern me sef, make I come begin dey go sef

Dem don beat abroad comot for him body. Naija army fit beat oyinbo man make him resemble chinese man
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by incredibleace(m): 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
grin
neoapocalypse:

Dem don beat abroad comot for him body. Naija army fit beat oyinbo man make him resemble chinese man
grin grin
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by incredibleace(m): 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
grin
neoapocalypse:

grin grin
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by poseidon12: 12:24am On Jun 16, 2017
The Thugs in Uniform, AKA Nigerian Army are obviously lying as usual.
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by conano: 10:30am On Jun 16, 2017
I said it! it CANNOT be Lt. Makinwa. Who ever posted that thing does not know him in person. If he does, he wouldn't have even thought of mentioning his name. But thank God the truth is finally revealed. Once your hands are clean, God will always vindicate you. Lt Mkinwa Victor Olusegun is one soldier you cannot hate. Believe me.
Re: Defamation Of Character: Re-Soldier Beats Businessman In Aba by arnold123: 1:06am On Jun 17, 2017
oloriadebusola:
Let's assume he guy that did the beating was a civilian does that make it better, so the story goes he touched the"mistakenly"touched his body and he stated beating him .,no abusive words were thrown back and forth, no "do you know who I am" slogan was used... Let's be fair abeg, some people can run their mouth and later not own up to it.
if "one " stays at home "bad won't meet evil" there is a saying that goes "the most secret place where you don't get hurt is indoors"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Catholic Priest Jailed For 30 Years For Murdering Albino In Malawi (Photo) / SARS Operatives Intercept Snatched Vehicle In Rivers, Weapons Recovered. Photos / Bishop Sylvester Asobo Declared Missing By Family (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.