Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,832 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out (25536 Views)

9mobile Is Etisalat Nigeria's New Name / Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? / Etisalat Nigeria Finally Stops The Blackberry Service!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by whitebeard(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2017
kings09:
Which one u set up? Etisalat na govt/charity organisation? Wch kind kids like urslf nairaland de admit sef.

Set up ur own n run it in the interest of nigerians
no mind am....mumu individual
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Ajewealth123(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2017
kings09:
Which one u set up? Etisalat na govt/charity organisation? Wch kind kids like urslf nairaland de admit sef.

Set up ur own n run it in the interest of nigerians
oga gbenu e soun, it show you are not a good businessman.
This people are stingy with everything,they will never follow the tide hence the loss.
Despite how worst glo's network is, they are still relevant and trending you know why?
They understand that Nigerians needed something cheap even if it isn't original.
And they keep achieving their aim!
Adenuga didn't just become the second richest due to his oil and gas,Glo is his major and popular asset.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 16, 2017
themayor4542:

[b]Banky W was paid peanut or crumbs compared to millions of dollars involved. [/b]Banky W's endorsement deal with Etisalat has nothing to do with their woes. As a matter of fact it's company like Glo that should be worried about the effects of endorsements deals due to the numbers of brand ambassador they have on their payroll.
a little here, a little there makes a mighty ocean. In business, 100 naira matters and should be accounted for. It's only banky we are talking, how about other we didn't even get to know of. This is a case of poor management, bad debt restructuring and financing.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 16, 2017
uzoclinton:
Mtn? I'm sure you made a mistake.. they are the only one doing it right in nigeria
I agree 100% to this. I have a dedicated MTN sim for my modem and they've never disappointed me. I use Airtel for my smartphone though. That's their area of expertise. Etisalat did well. Its just that they didn't have a good business plan.

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by iamtardey: 9:12am On Jun 16, 2017
I no see or hear say them dey owe anybody smiley
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by SalamRushdie: 9:14am On Jun 16, 2017
Greyworld:
What ever happens we can't accept MTN monopoly.

Bad belle will just kill you for nothing ..what has MTN done to you exactly ?
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by iamtardey: 9:14am On Jun 16, 2017
I don't have the money to buy it... if I have and dey 1 sell and I wan buy. I Go Buy #caseclosed
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by KemjikaEme: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2017
Am i the only one that has been unable to browse with my etisalat line since this week? I've complained to them yet the issue has not been resolved.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by burkingx(f): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin

Buhari CHANGE

Quote and let Recession fire u

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by matrixme(m): 9:37am On Jun 16, 2017
some people are just alive but sleeping. How can one have the opportunity to invest in fastest moving sector in the most populous country in Africa, an emerging market for that matter and appear to be loosing it? many of Etisalats financial advisors deserve a job as a clerk in a local government in Nigeria. The network has never devised anything appealing to me except for the free sim I got once and never used.
They need to go and appease MTN with sacrifice and ask how those guys are doing it.

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Kobicove(m): 9:43am On Jun 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Paying Banky W so much for their theme song was their major undoing..

...and how much did they pay Banky W?

What I suspect is that top management hijacked the contracts and executed them at inflated costs. undecided

That contributed to negative indices with the consequence that return on investment was not met

Nothing infuriates foreign investors as much as that
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2017
Greyworld:
What ever happens we can't accept MTN monopoly.
Mtn doesn't have any monopoly in the first
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 16, 2017
BennyMM:
God will make way for Etisalat

What has God, got to do with this? Does he have etisalat number or is he one of their investors?

Let etisalat go, they won't be missed

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 16, 2017
majekdom2:
a little here, a little there makes a mighty ocean. In business, 100 naira matters and should be accounted for. It's only banky we are talking, how about other we didn't even get to know of. This is a case of poor management, bad debt restructuring and financing.
Funniest thing is mtn rarely make endorsement the way these operators does. They have few celebrities as ambassador yet they keep glowing while the like of glo doesn't. Endorsing celebrities hasn't increase their subscriber base

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by wristbangle: 9:59am On Jun 16, 2017
I think Adenuga should buy Etisalat though the challenges will be massive considering the debt owed by etisalat, cost of operation which IHS handles their roll out operations and the way Glo handles their business.

To be honest, the economic situation has deterred so many investors to leave the country. To burn diesel everyday no easy, where is the electricity?

But still some organizations still break even
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by luckysparks(m): 10:00am On Jun 16, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
Assuming ds is bank........ come see hw pple will start withdrawing cash n transferring but it's Jst to drop SIM n pick another out of d remaining 3.......
grin so on point,Etisalat 3 gig dey finish under 3 days,I run comot fast fast.

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Sagay212: 10:03am On Jun 16, 2017
Our senseless thieving politicians won't use their stolen billions to invest in etisalat now o. They will be hiding money inside soak away and empty building. Indians or south Africans will take advantage and buy etisalat and improve it and when they start making money and sacking or treating Nigerians the way they like, we will start shouting chase them out. May God give use sense in this country

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by chijiblaze(m): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2017
mamatayour:
Etisalat already changed its name like 3 months ago due to the problem they're having to new emerging coy

Changed their name to what?
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by sshalom(m): 10:20am On Jun 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Paying Banky W so much for their theme song was their major undoing..

Haba!
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Themandator: 10:58am On Jun 16, 2017
NestOil will soon be announced as the new majority owner.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Themandator: 10:59am On Jun 16, 2017
wristbangle:
I think Adenuga should buy Etisalat though the challenges will be massive considering the debt owed by etisalat, cost of operation which IHS handles their roll out operations and the way Glo handles their business.

To be honest, the economic situation has deterred so many investors to leave the country. To burn diesel everyday no easy, where is the electricity?

But still some organizations still break even

Smile network will soon acquire it ....NestOil
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by wristbangle: 11:04am On Jun 16, 2017
Themandator:

Smile network will soon acquire it ....NestOil

Lol @ smile network. A network that feeds on glo 1 fibre.

Nestoil as how? I don't understand.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Themandator: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2017
Kobicove:

...and how much did they pay Banky W?

What I suspect is that top management hijacked the contracts and executed them at inflated costs. undecided

That contributed to negative indices with the consequence that return on investment was not met

Nothing infuriates foreign investors as much as that

Etisalat borrowed when dollar was priced reasonably and fortunately when the debt fell due for repayment dollar had ran out of control. They wanted a window to make the repayment in the local currency but was refused ...whatever they pay to artist is insignificant colmpared tok what is on ground
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 16, 2017
uzoclinton:
I've never used the network before... so me no care about them troubles

You know how many jobs will be lost?no talk like that my brother

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Themandator: 11:12am On Jun 16, 2017
matrixme:
some people are just alive but sleeping. How can one have the opportunity to invest in fastest moving sector in the most populous country in Africa, an emerging market for that matter and appear to be loosing it? many of Etisalats financial advisors deserve a job as a clerk in a local government in Nigeria. The network has never devised anything appealing to me except for the free sim I got once and never used.
They need to go and appease MTN with sacrifice and ask how those guys are doing it.

Mtn is a conduit pipe for most South African business in Nigeria....all of them are on the network which swells the profit of the company and is expatriate through hefty payment for contracts to companies in the home country ......Etisalat doesn't have UAE companies that can patronize them like Mtn....imagine dstv , Ibtc, shoprite and so many al using the network ,alone
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Themandator: 11:14am On Jun 16, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol @ smile network. A network that feeds on glo 1 fibre.

Nestoil as how? I don't understand.

Both are owned by same person, Ernest Azudialu.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 16, 2017
Sagay212:
Our senseless thieving politicians won't use their stolen billions to invest in etisalat now o. They will be hiding money inside soak away and empty building. Indians or south Africans will take advantage and buy etisalat and improve it and when they start making money and sacking or treating Nigerians the way they like, we will start shouting chase them out. May God give use sense in this country

Amen to that my brother,
but Africa problem, prayer no fit solve am, only restructuring and action can.

God no fit heaven come clean our asses, but him fit grant us knowledge to tackle am.
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 16, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Bad belle will just kill you for nothing ..what has MTN done to you exactly ?

is not a matter of what MTN has done to him,

monopoly is never a good thing, as lack of competition could lead to increase in price and decrease in quality.

put Nigeria first
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by Themandator: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2017
Ajewealth123:
oga gbenu e soun, it show you are not a good businessman.
This people are stingy with everything,they will never follow the tide hence the loss.
Despite how worst glo's network is, they are still relevant and trending you know why?
They understand that Nigerians needed something cheap even if it isn't original.
And they keep achieving their aim!
Adenuga didn't just become the second richest due to his oil and gas,Glo is his major and popular asset.

He is actually the richest ....Dangote has all his major companies listed on the stock exchange hence his rating ....if this man list Glo, sells just five percent of Glo on the exchange do you know how much he is going to take in and what the overall effect would be on his rating?

Those ratings are tied to how easy it is to evaluate your company not that if push comes to shove that you are the don of money.....Adenuga has just conoil on the exchange

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by wristbangle: 11:53am On Jun 16, 2017
Themandator:

Both are owned by same person, Ernest Azudialu.

Okay but still these coys does not have the financial muscle to acquire etisalat due to its debt. Remove $1.2 billion from his net worth, how much will remain?

Nestoil is liquid but smile telecoms is not liquid enough
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by SalamRushdie: 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
Ezechinwa:

is not a matter of what MTN has done to him,

monopoly is never a good thing, as lack of competition could lead to increase in price and decrease in quality.

put Nigeria first

We have 4 mobile telcos yet you think MTN has a monopoly going on and you have refused to destroy your MTN Sim till date
Re: Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out by matrixme(m): 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
Themandator:

Mtn is a conduit pipe for most South African business in Nigeria....all of them are on the network which swells the profit of the company and is expatriate through hefty payment for contracts to companies in the home country ......Etisalat doesn't have UAE companies that can patronize them like Mtn....imagine dstv , Ibtc, shoprite and so many al using the network ,alone
so are you saying that expatriates are the ones making the profit for MTN in Nigeria while the rest of us loading card daily are just a necessary burden? OK does Glo have expatriates too, supporting its network after all it isn't doing so bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 / Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans / Pictures From TECNO CAMON 19 Mondrian Edition Exhibition In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.