Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About (22713 Views)

Top 5 Interesting Places In Lagos To Celebrate Nigeria @ 59 / Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State / 4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by JARUSHUB: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2017
Abeokuta, the state capital of Ogun State in southwest Nigeria, is one of Nigeria’s most industrious cities. It’s a large city which lies below the Olumo Rock and is home to several caves. There are several interesting things and places about the bustling city and Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 of them.

Alake’s Palace

This palace is the home of the custodian of the culture and traditions of the Egba people, the Alake of Egba Land. It’s a unique and culturally rich destination that houses many statues, busts and figures that represent the deities, gods and different culturally relevant historical figures.

Olumo Rock

This is one of the Abeokuta’s most popular attractions and one of Nigeria’s major tourist attractions. The rock was used as a fortress for the Egba people during intertribal wars in the 19th century. The stairs of the rock are actually man-made and were carved into the rock by the Egba people to enable them climb the rock. On the journey to the top of the rock, you can see sights of carvings in the rock, cowrie-studded statues and the ancient abode of the priestesses who live in huts on the rock. On your back down, the beautiful sight of the Ogun river can be admired.

Abeokuta Museum

Yes Abeokuta indeed has a museum. The museum houses artifacts that tell of the town and its people’s ancient history. Lovers of archeology will find a lot to learn from this place as the museum is indeed a repository of the culture and tradition of the town and its people. The museum also houses the handcrafts and ancient weapons used by the early settlers of the town and its environs. It also displays the culture and heritage of the people in a revealing and educative way.

Hilltop Golf Resort

This resort has a large, beautiful and technical golf course that has hosted a number of national golf tournaments. The resort is a relaxing leisure spot and a safe location with breathtaking scenery and a luscious green landscape. It’s a delightful sight. The resort has a prestigious and highly sought club, the Abeokuta Golf Club, which you would have to be a member of to enjoy the resort’s golfing facilities. The club is one of the most prestigious and highly sought clubs in Abeokuta.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/4-interesting-places-abeokuta-know/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Ayoolajumoke(f): 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2017
I've been in Abeokuta for close to 4years and haven't been to any of the mentioned places... Hopefully soon.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:
I've been in Abeokuta for close to 4years and haven't been to any of the mentioned places... Hopefully soon.

Most of us are guilty of these things smiley

3 Likes

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Ayomidric(m): 9:54am On Jun 17, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:
Olumo rock is a nice place to go... It isn't far to my house...

1 Like

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Ayoolajumoke(f): 10:37am On Jun 17, 2017
Pidgin2:

Most of us are guilty of these things smiley
That's true ma'am, guess you're going to visit those places soon.
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Ayoolajumoke(f): 10:39am On Jun 17, 2017
Ayomidric:
Olumo rock is a nice place to go... It isn't far to my house...
Ayomiplenty, ego don be like your backyard be that.
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 17, 2017
I'm looking for contact details of a hotel that one of my friends father owned in the 80's there.

It's called Molak Prestige Hotel.

That's all I know. Thanks.

#LongShotBut

1 Like

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Ayomidric(m): 11:54am On Jun 17, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:

Ayomiplenty, ego don be like your backyard be that.

Yea... But I only go there once in a year... U can go there after ur 1st semester exam...
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
Ayoolajumoke:

That's true ma'am, guess you're going to visit those places soon.
God willing smiley
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by sticalmary: 7:03am On Sep 18, 2017
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by NwaAmaikpe: 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
shocked

This is a lovely and very informative compilation,
Apart from Abeokuta there are so many fun places in Ogun State.

Bu my head is precious to me.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Flexherbal(m): 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2018
I would like to visit Olumo rock.
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by nonut: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2018
See brownies

7 Likes

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2018
Some brownies in the picture there.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Spidermon: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
Halmond, kuto stadium

Mayas, Lafenwa.

If you know, you know.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Ina2k(m): 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
Brown Ro.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by yungachiever(m): 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ayoolajumoke:
lets go one of these days I'm serving here in abk
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by yungachiever(m): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2018
Spidermon:

Halmond, kuto stadium

Mayas, Lafenwa.

If you know, you know.
you sabi... stadium na for olosho lol

3 Likes

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by bobokeshington: 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2018
Abeokuta is the best city in the whole of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by UfuomaUN(m): 12:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
Spidermon:
Halmond, kuto stadium
Mayas, Lafenwa.
If you know, you know.
RockZn. Stadium is now closed

5 Likes

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by jahbiz: 12:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ayoolajumoke:
but ya av been to "sky woods and rock zone" several times.
Big ups...
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Cletus77(m): 12:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
Op should have used attractive pictures at least, nothing citylike here
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by debolayinka(m): 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a lovely and very informative compilation,
Apart from Abeokuta there are so many fun places in Ogun State.

Bu my head is precious to me.

Then wear helmet when going.
Besides, your head may not really be needed if you are a Sai Barbarian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Joseunlimited(f): 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2018
Op can't upload pictures
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Smooyis(m): 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2018
I Very informative grin
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by CaptainMarvel(m): 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
From these pictures above, I think I ll rather stay where I am grin

3 Likes

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Nedfed(m): 12:44pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ina2k:
Brown Ro.....

Shut up
Call it coated sink
Na so dem full Ibadan too grin

3 Likes

Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Purehuman(m): 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
Those structures are 100years old at least.
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by MrMcJay(m): 1:00pm On Feb 28, 2018
I think Green Legacy Resort should also be on that list.
Re: 4 Interesting Places In Abeokuta You Should Know About by Okoyeebos: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Spidermon:

Halmond, kuto stadium

Mayas, Lafenwa.

If you know, you know.

You sabi better thing.

No be to dey climb mountain about, man suppose dey climb other things too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

These Are Easy Ways To Get Your Yellow Fever Certificate In 5 Days - FAAN / Sanwo-Olu Receives Letter Of Approval For Lekki Airport / I Will Resign If Abuja Airport Is Not Reopened After 6 Weeks – Aviation Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.