Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) (64609 Views)

Albanian Cocaine Gangs Flaunt Flashy Cars To Entice Criminals To UK / NURTW treasurer, Alowonle Asekun murdered in Lagos / Gunshots As Rival Gangs Clash In Fadeyi Area Of Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by irunoko(m): 10:20am On Oct 09, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^
Of all the things she could sing about she chose to glorify this nonsense.

It will come back to haunt her.
exactly.its so obvious she wants to be a wannabe thug so bad but she's completely ignorant and naieve of the disgusting things thuggery entails.theyre usually not far from herbalists and shrine visitation.check their bodies na incision full am and they have no rest.they have similar patterns and lifestyle with cultists and at anytime they can be assassinated especially because they always sell each other out and betray each other

Kids really need to be taught the genuine history of Lagos and the real history of thuggery in oshodi so they will have sense to know who they hype or glorify.even oluomo sef knows she's ignorant.same with Davido

5 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by irunoko(m): 10:23am On Oct 09, 2022
Alpharey:

Mc Oluomo is a semi governor in Lagos. Chief of 'owoda boys'. They remit money to government through their tasking of motorists. Agbero life no be moi moi.
obviously na oloshobrities (aka Yoruba actresses),touts, Yahoo boys and drug traffickers dey run lagos and Nigerian politics.tuehhhh

No wonder nigeria is the way it is when mediocres, narcisst, sociopaths,militants, drunkards and drug addicts are making policies that affect the lives of millions of Nigerians

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by irunoko(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2022
dexmond:

Teni knows what she was doing. The average Yoruba man like his thugs. Their is parental failure in Yorubaland. It is a very big issue not yet acknowledged.
well I kind of agree with you but not all Yoruba fathers.some are decent and available for their kids however I Will not deny the fact that some fathers are a shame to mankind.they come home drunk and misbehave in the presence of their kids,rape and impregnate their kids,put their penis in anything that has a hole,bring prostitutes to their home and nack the prostitutes in the presence of their kids,beat their mom in the presence of their kids.nonetheless there are still good fathers amongst them

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2022
polimaf:
Those battles was scary as f**k. I remember the Ogunoloko fight also, Ologundudu was killed when his friend gave em his secret.

The secret was. Pour water on him before you matchet him.

I represent Wahabi Larinde at Furniture bus stop

5 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by futurerex: 10:52am On Oct 09, 2022
eposho:

Mc oluomo is on borrowed time.
Remember auxiliary and tokyo?
Soldier come soldier go,
Serikin goma sanmoni gonma ni fa.
Must you quote everything This is annoying.

5 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by H2ho(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2022
Y’all rest grin grin

Is gone grin
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by futurerex: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2022
suco01:

Chaii this story.. Not only oro bayo was killed and burnt. his right man 18 steady and a tout police officer badmus too.was killed

If you comment without quoting everything what will happen to you

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Shobizz(m): 11:06am On Oct 09, 2022
For the first time after so many years on NL. I had to read every comments from Page 1-7.

Oshodi had so many history to behold.
From
Thuggery Life style
Cantonment Bomb Blast. Many Life lost
No more Agbero (Fight btw Soldiers & Thugs)
Pick Pockets
Point of sales for business.

We resume the market around 5:00am close 11:00pm. No shop mumcy sell by roadside Nothing less than 150k sales everyday, she will still complain no sales today. Oshodi Market runs for 24hrs.

While some are closing for the day some are resuming. You will always gets hot foods 2:00am in the market.

I still love Oshodi, despite the lifestyle. Coming from anywhere once I get to Oshodi Market be it 12:00am I know am safe. I know in & out of Oshodi. I know where to pass to avoid trouble.

No where u find yourself in Lagos u will always gets Bus going to Oshodi.

Na Oshodi Boys move to computer village. You go buy Fufu thinking say na phone for Oshodi Overhead Bridge. Main market for electronics. Oshodi then always over crowded, you can spend roughly 30mins from Bolade to Under Bridge while trekking.

You live Lagos, Oshodi to be precise you no wise you no fit wise anywhere. grin

There are 2 army barracks close to oshodi.The ikeja cantonment and charity barrack.

Oshodi & Mushin are big rival --- Both control their territory. But Mushin Boys seems more dangerous.

LOTS OF MEMORIES TO BEHOLD IN LAGOS. ASIDE OSHODI.
Ajegunle
Mushin
Agege
Surulere
Ijegun
Ketu
Idumota
Balogun
And many more.
Season Film

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by KINGKONG(m): 11:09am On Oct 09, 2022
shegoon:
Oga leave that abeg. In as much as i dont suport urchin breeding in lagos, i think Uyo is far far worse. political thuggery is fierce in uyo, aspirant are killed and maimed in broad daylight. No better source of livelihood (no producion coy), virtually all the ladies there, are into prostitution... No job

There's no thuggery in Uyo or touts everywhere like Lagos

Once person fuckup.... Dem go gun am down

That's why Uyo is very peaceful

Those days Uyo was a chaotic place to stay due to cult wars
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Bash92(m): 11:10am On Oct 09, 2022
dexmond:

Teni knows what she was doing. The average Yoruba man like his thugs. Their is parental failure in Yorubaland. It is a very big issue not yet acknowledged.
The parental failure can not be generalised to be of a thing in all Yorubaland. If there is indeed then I dare to say that it is worse in other southern parts of the country compared to the west.

I have not really lived among the Northerners to have an opinion about them.

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Hassanmaye(m): 11:35am On Oct 09, 2022
Souljerj:
This Topic was inspired because of BOMBOY(Ugochukwu Dum Obiora shocked) I have been hearing of him 4 quite sometime but he just caught my intrigue the more wen I heard that he is not Yoruba seff

Before, a stranger to Oshodi would do everything possible to avoid passing through the area particularly at night, because of the fear of being harassed, molested, raped or robbed. Street urchins and hoodlums take laws into their hands and because there is no traditional ruler in Oshodi, it is a place where every hoodlum fights to be recognized. The hoodlums are feared by transporters, traders, hawkers and market women. Their leaders are reputed to be on politicians’ payroll as they are used as thugs in political wars of settling grudges with political opponents. Even the police avoid them.

In early 1990s, Ugochukwu Dum Obiora, a notorious area boy known as “Bomboy” took control of Oshodi. He employed the weapon of fear and violence to oppress and extort money from bus drivers and traders doing business in Oshodi. His style of money making which was akin to that of Bayo Ogundare a.k.a success, who held sway in the Second Republic during the UPN/NPN era. He soon became the toast of most politicians within and outside Oshodi, who saw him as a tool to rig elections, harass and intimidate their political opponents.

This, of course made the position of Oshodi leader (Olori) lucrative and the clamour to become Olori became a do-or-die affair. To make the situation worse, law enforcement agents romance these hoodlums and made them seems larger than life and above the law. So, they always get away with their crimes. But new gangs soon emerged within the rank and file.

Gangs like the 36 Kiniun (Lions) headed by Musiliu Akinsanya, a.k.a Olu-omo, soon gained prominence. Diekot, headed by the late Wasiu Trailer, who migrated from Ibadan also waxed strong. His base was at Cairo. Bomboy, was the leader of the Lion junction and leader of all the groups put together. However, there were always clashes within the groups mostly due to the quest for supremacy. Along the line, a subordinate of Bombay, Taoreed Adedigba, popularly called Talo, staged a ‘coup’ against Bomboy and the violence that ensued led to several losses of lives while many were maimed for life.

A politician and member of opposition party in Lagos,the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Kehinde Al-Moroof, saw Bomboy as an obstacle to achieving his political ambition. He employed tribal sentiments tactics to fight against Bomboy who was loyal to his rival political group, using Talo as his marksman. This led to several clashes until a partial peace accord was reached and Bomboy was made the leader of all the groups, while MC Oluomo led the 36 kiniun (36 lions). Wasiu Trailer continued to lead the Diektot.

There were several other popular subordinates like Sule Nayam (George Bush), and Baba Fela. Bombay later died mysteriously. His death was attributed to a mysterious sore that he had on his legs. Wasiu trailer also died mysteriously on his return from Saudi Arabia where he had gone for hajj. After these two, Talo held sway briefly as Olori, before he was humiliated and humbled by the MC Oluomo of the 36 kiniun(36 lions). After the death of Bombay and and Wasiu Trailer, there was continued fracas amongst the gangs.

The desperation for control of territories (junctions) left so many dead. MC Oluomo was able to prove himself as a ruthless fighter. For example, he successfully avenged the murder of his elder brother Igidaduro. This led to the killing of the popular Elewedu and Suwe-Suwe who were both notorious members of the dreaded Oodua People’s Congress (OPC). This endeared him to the hearts of many of the hoodlums. It also led to his having more loyalists than any other group. He was also believed to have had the backing of the authorities in Lagos and some other neighboring states.

Due to the frequent clashes in Oshodi, influential persons in the state called on MC Oluomo to bring about peace; otherwise, he would lose their backing. So he called other leaders, the likes of Sule Nayam, Baba Fela, and others who are leaders of other groups.to a meeting where they agreed to have a single front which they tagged Oshodi One. They all swore to an oath that they would remain under one leadership. MC Oluomo became Olori of all the gangs.

However, this did not stop others from heading their various gangs, just like Capone having so many dons of different gangs under him. The source of income for these gangs is extortion; monies from politicians and political godfathers who use them as tools to destabilize the society and rig elections. They can go to any length to extort money from bus drivers and petty traders. Recently, such monies generated have continued to cause problems within and outside the gangs.

Most clashes alleged to have been caused by OPC were actually the result of the struggle for ‘resource control’. For instance, November 28, 2008, was a day the residents of Agbole in Ariori Street, Oshodi will not forget in a hurry. Residents woke to the sounds of gunshots and the ugly sights of human beings being roasted like animals. A group of street urchins (hiding under the umbrella of the Gani Adams led OPC popularly known as Wasiu (Nothing spoil)took the lives of two young men who belonged to the Fredrick Fasheun led faction of the OPC. This, at its face value, was another OPC war. But facts revealed to our correspondent by an outsider who wants to remain anonymous was that the killings were a calculated efforts to use the rivalry between the two factions of the OPC to eliminate some perceived enemies.

A source said the killing was a result of a fight which started at TY Hotel, which is a hideout for members of the OPC and some area boys. The source disclosed that one of the boys killed, known as MC Lee, an upcoming musician who was on his way to TY hotel when he saw a fight between two young boys he knew fairly well. In the process of trying to separate the fighting duo, one of the boys whom he never knew was a member of Gani Adams led-OPC, started a fight with him and MC Lee was said to have upper hand in the fight. A few days later, MC Lee was stopped on a motorcycle at Ariori, on his way to TY Hotel by a leader of the Gani Adams led OPC) Wasiu Nothing spoil). He was beaten blue and black and tied like a goat till following day.

New Oshodi

He was asked to call the leader Otunba Kosija, to come to his rescue. An ambush had been laid down for Kosija. MC Lee’s effort to reach Kosija on the phone proved futile. He was also directed to call Bayo Sanusi , popularly called Oro Bayo. Oro Bayo responded immediately he received the distress call from MC Lee. On getting to the place where MC Lee was held, he was said to have told Nothing Spoil that whatever the issue was could be resolved without getting into such a humiliating extent. Immediately, Nothing Spoil was said to have ordered his boys to attack Oro Bayo while he shot MC Lee, and commanded Oro Bayo be brought before him. He also shot him and ordered the two of them be set ablaze.

Another source who preferred anonymity told our correspondent that the killings of Oro Bayo and MC Lee was as a result of the struggle for ‘resource control’ in Oshodi between Akinsanya (Oluomo) and Otunba Kassim Badmus (Kosija). It was learnt that some youths in Oshodi felt sidelined and deprived of their ‘rights’ to monies generated by the Oluomo led National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) (area boys). They were also angered by the fact that some people outside Oshodi, who were not stakeholders, were being given large sums of money monthly. Some were said to have been given what is popularly ‘junction’ in Oshodi to take charge of and these ‘junctions’ are where the monies are being made. Among such people are popular Yoruba actor and a famous Fuji musician.

The killing of M C Lee and Oro Bayo was targeted to coincide with the time Oluomo was going 2008 Hajj, knowing fully well that people will not point accusing fingers at him when the killing took place. The plan was that the death of Kosija would send a warning message to those sympathetic to him, just as the death of Elewedu and Suwe-Suwe sent warning signals to those who were sympathetic to their causes.

>http://gavelinternational.org/gang-wars-why-oshodi-may-boil-again/#sthash.oxQvQzA8.dpbs

Cc lalasticala
Mynd44

And I guess the only person or thing that can topple Oluomo is ( Coup detat), God factor(Death or Illness) and if TINUBU turns his back on him
Oh my God this is serious, is that this hoodums are so powerful that they cannot be stopped?
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by plantainbender(m): 11:42am On Oct 09, 2022
"Short people are the problem of this world" - whoever made that statement had Talo Skibo in mind smiley cheesy

Na Hamburger death calm am sha, just like Toba Ajiboye calm Alado for Mushin. Talo don finally agree to serve under MC sha; na strong MC follower him be nau just like Koko.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by NoToPile: 11:49am On Oct 09, 2022
BrotherJesu:
This account is VERY ACCURATE, as a young boy growing up in makinde street, mafoluku, oshodi. The 36 kininun boys where my roll model, my mum use beaten correct my head.
The Suwe suwe in the story lived on Joseph street, his base was at ogun oloko junction.

He was killed, hit with a pestle on his head when he went to a Cele church program, rumours have it that those involved in his killing are his close Allies because he was called from the church vigil on his cell phone. Been who he is he wouldn't just go meet a random person....

I thank your mum for the brain resetting beatings. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by chaarly(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2022
macho44:

Which Side For Kirikiri Road? Na my hood be that grin

Number 9A kirikiri road
Olodi apapa. Na one big yellow upstairs that year. . Mechanic workshop Dey the front and one Alfa house wey marry 4wives Dey the other side. I miss those people. The house suppose dun collapse by now. Lol grin

E be Dey like wetin go fall one day. The house dun teyyyyyy. We left there December 2004 to abj. Been in abj since then smiley

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by chaarly(m): 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2022
Alpharey:

My own Kirikiri Rd Olodi Apapa to be precise. Wilmer and People's bus stop comes to mind. I enjoyed that area cheesy cheesy

Hehehe
Same here bro. Everywhere dun change o. I was around that area in 2020.. I no recognize anything again.

Choi. I love and miss lag embarassed
Especially during the build up to Christmas period. No dull moment at all grin

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by dexmond: 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2022
Bash92:

The parental failure can not be generalised to be of a thing in all Yorubaland. If there is indeed then I dare to say that it is worse in other southern parts of the country compared to the west.

I have not really lived among the Northerners to have an opinion about them.

I may have generalized here. The issue of out of wedlock children is now very common. An entire lineage filled with touts. I grew up among one such agbole.

I hope the issue is taken serious. I hope the situation is not same elsewhere, I am only speaking where I live.

I grew up in an "agbole" filled with an entire lineage of hemp sellers and touts. Singl

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by citygarden(m): 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2022
Mushin is the Headquarters of tout, thieves, drugs any form of criminality in Lagos if not South West.

Shobizz:
For the first time after so many years on NL. I had to read every comments from Page 1-7.

From
Thuggery Life style
Pick Pockets

We resume the market around 5:00am close 11:00pm. No shop mumcy sell by roadside Nothing less than 150k sales everyday, she will still complain no sales today. Oshodi Market runs for 24hrs.

While some are closing for the day some are resuming. You will always gets hot foods 2:00am in the market.

I still love Oshodi, despite the lifestyle. Coming from anywhere once I get to Oshodi Market be it 12:00am I know am safe. I know in & out of Oshodi. I know where to pass to avoid trouble.

Na Oshodi Boys move to computer village. You go buy Fufu thinking say na phone for Oshodi Overhead Bridge. Main market for electronics. Oshodi then always over crowded, you can speen roughly 30mins from Bolade to Under Bridge will trekking.

You live Lagos, Oshodi to be precise you no wish you no fit wise anywhere. grin

There are 2 army barracks close to oshodi.The ikeja cantonment and charity barrack.

Oshodi & Mushin are big rival --- Both control their territory. But Mushin Boys seems more dangerous.

Ajegunle
Mushin
Agege
Surulere
Ijegun
Ketu
Idumota
Balogun
And many more.
Season Film

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Talawaka: 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2022
Msmither:
Netflix should make a documentary about this.

I beg not another documentary about #ThugLife in Nigeria. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
azpekuliar:

What Marwa did not tolerate was their extortionist activities spilling on to the roads to cause traffic as it is the case today. I remember soldiers bundling the now late Saka Saula into a pickup truck at Iyana-Ipaja to Alausa in the '90s. They thrive better under democratic settings An elderly man once told me that it was the late MKO Abiola who brought these violent motor park unions into politics in the '70s days of NPN/UPN.
You are absolutely right

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Talawaka: 1:05pm On Oct 09, 2022
azpekuliar:

What Marwa did not tolerate was their extortionist activities spilling on to the roads to cause traffic as it is the case today. I remember soldiers bundling the now late Saka Saula into a pickup truck at Iyana-Ipaja to Alausa in the '90s. They thrive better under democratic settings An elderly man once told me that it was the late MKO Abiola who brought these violent motor park unions into politics in the '70s days of NPN/UPN.

That elder tells no lie...

In the second republic we had Adebayo Ogundare aka Bayo Success. cry

By the Second Republic however, the NURTW had begun to morph into a bastion of violence and disorder. Around the 1970s, municipal buses had been taken over by danfos owned by private owners. As against the practice in the 1950s when local councils handled motor park management, parks were taken over by illiterate and hemp-smoking transporter union members and thus emerged the first manifestation of the albatross of violent and uncontrollable motor park warlords who were amenable to all forms of notoriety. This park politics led to schisms and antagonism and thus the transformation of parks into central hubs of political disorder. What helped to fuel this typecast was the politicization of parks.

With the contest for power by the National Party of Nigeria (NPN)-led federal government of President Shehu Shagari with its seat in Lagos and the Unity Party of Nigeria-led Lagos state government headed by Lateef Jakande, Lagos became a hot testing ground for the might of politics. The ruling NPN secured the gritty brawn of Bayo Success and gave him the task of winning to its side all motor parks in Lagos. This he did by mobilizing a huge clientele of motor park drivers, which was not secured without the multiple shed of human blood in the fracas that ensued at the parks. Bayo Success became a kingmaker and planted his acolytes as chairmen of parks in Lagos, with himself becoming the Oshodi branch chairman. MC Oluomo is also the chairman of the NURTW, Oshodi. So what is in Oshodi that breeds motor park hirelings of politicians who use them for political ends? Abetted by the federal government, so much cash and power resided in thehands of the leadership of NURTW of the time. Bayo Success died in October, 2002 at the age of 61 and was probably in his forties while he held sway. MC Oluomo is said to be 42 years old.
Source: https://www.thecable.ng/mc-oluomo-bayo-success-and-the-curse-of-lagos-motor-park-kingpins

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Soyhe(f): 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
Souljerj:
This Topic was inspired because of BOMBOY(Ugochukwu Dum Obiora shocked) I have been hearing of him 4 quite sometime but he just caught my intrigue the more wen I heard that he is not Yoruba seff

Before, a stranger to Oshodi would do everything possible to avoid passing through the area particularly at night, because of the fear of being harassed, molested, raped or robbed. Street urchins and hoodlums take laws into their hands and because there is no traditional ruler in Oshodi, it is a place where every hoodlum fights to be recognized. The hoodlums are feared by transporters, traders, hawkers and market women. Their leaders are reputed to be on politicians’ payroll as they are used as thugs in political wars of settling grudges with political opponents. Even the police avoid them.

In early 1990s, Ugochukwu Dum Obiora, a notorious area boy known as “Bomboy” took control of Oshodi. He employed the weapon of fear and violence to oppress and extort money from bus drivers and traders doing business in Oshodi. His style of money making which was akin to that of Bayo Ogundare a.k.a success, who held sway in the Second Republic during the UPN/NPN era. He soon became the toast of most politicians within and outside Oshodi, who saw him as a tool to rig elections, harass and intimidate their political opponents.

This, of course made the position of Oshodi leader (Olori) lucrative and the clamour to become Olori became a do-or-die affair. To make the situation worse, law enforcement agents romance these hoodlums and made them seems larger than life and above the law. So, they always get away with their crimes. But new gangs soon emerged within the rank and file.

Gangs like the 36 Kiniun (Lions) headed by Musiliu Akinsanya, a.k.a Olu-omo, soon gained prominence. Diekot, headed by the late Wasiu Trailer, who migrated from Ibadan alsyo waxed strong. His base was at Cairo. Bomboy, was the leader of the Lion junction and leader of all the groups put together. However, there were always clashes within the groups mostly due to the quest for supremacy. Along the line, a subordinate of Bombay, Taoreed Adedigba, popularly called Talo, staged a ‘coup’ against Bomboy and the violence that ensued led to several losses of lives while many were maimed for life.

A politician and member of opposition party in Lagos,the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Kehinde Al-Moroof, saw Bomboy as an obstacle to achieving his political ambition. He employed tribal sentiments tactics to fight against Bomboy who was loyal to his rival political group, using Talo as his marksman. This led to several clashes until a partial peace accord was reached and Bomboy was made the leader of all the groups, while MC Oluomo led the 36 kiniun (36 lions). Wasiu Trailer continued to lead the Diektot.

There were several other popular subordinates like Sule Nayam (George Bush), and Baba Fela. Bombay later died mysteriously. His death was attributed to a mysterious sore that he had on his legs. Wasiu trailer also died mysteriously on his return from Saudi Arabia where he had gone for hajj. After these two, Talo held sway briefly as Olori, before he was humiliated and humbled by the MC Oluomo of the 36 kiniun(36 lions). After the death of Bombay and and Wasiu Trailer, there was continued fracas amongst the gangs.

The desperation for control of territories (junctions) left so many dead. MC Oluomo was able to prove himself as a ruthless fighter. For example, he successfully avenged the murder of his elder brother Igidaduro. This led to the killing of the popular Elewedu and Suwe-Suwe who were both notorious members of the dreaded Oodua People’s Congress (OPC). This endeared him to the hearts of many of the hoodlums. It also led to his having more loyalists than any other group. He was also believed to have had the backing of the authorities in Lagos and some other neighboring states.

Due to the frequent clashes in Oshodi, influential persons in the state called on MC Oluomo to bring about peace; otherwise, he would lose their backing. So he called other leaders, the likes of Sule Nayam, Baba Fela, and others who are leaders of other groups.to a meeting where they agreed to have a single front which they tagged Oshodi One. They all swore to an oath that they would remain under one leadership. MC Oluomo became Olori of all the gangs.

However, this did not stop others from heading their various gangs, just like Capone having so many dons of different gangs under him. The source of income for these gangs is extortion; monies from politicians and political godfathers who use them as tools to destabilize the society and rig elections. They can go to any length to extort money from bus drivers and petty traders. Recently, such monies generated have continued to cause problems within and outside the gangs.

Most clashes alleged to have been caused by OPC were actually the result of the struggle for ‘resource control’. For instance, November 28, 2008, was a day the residents of Agbole in Ariori Street, Oshodi will not forget in a hurry. Residents woke to the sounds of gunshots and the ugly sights of human beings being roasted like animals. A group of street urchins (hiding under the umbrella of the Gani Adams led OPC popularly known as Wasiu (Nothing spoil)took the lives of two young men who belonged to the Fredrick Fasheun led faction of the OPC. This, at its face value, was another OPC war. But facts revealed to our correspondent by an outsider who wants to remain anonymous was that the killings were a calculated efforts to use the rivalry between the two factions of the OPC to eliminate some perceived enemies.

A source said the killing was a result of a fight which started at TY Hotel, which is a hideout for members of the OPC and some area boys. The source disclosed that one of the boys killed, known as MC Lee, an upcoming musician who was on his way to TY hotel when he saw a fight between two young boys he knew fairly well. In the process of trying to separate the fighting duo, one of the boys whom he never knew was a member of Gani Adams led-OPC, started a fight with him and MC Lee was said to have upper hand in the fight. A few days later, MC Lee was stopped on a motorcycle at Ariori, on his way to TY Hotel by a leader of the Gani Adams led OPC) Wasiu Nothing spoil). He was beaten blue and black and tied like a goat till following day.

New Oshodi

He was asked to call the leader Otunba Kosija, to come to his rescue. An ambush had been laid down for Kosija. MC Lee’s effort to reach Kosija on the phone proved futile. He was also directed to call Bayo Sanusi , popularly called Oro Bayo. Oro Bayo responded immediately he received the distress call from MC Lee. On getting to the place where MC Lee was held, he was said to have told Nothing Spoil that whatever the issue was could be resolved without getting into such a humiliating extent. Immediately, Nothing Spoil was said to have ordered his boys to attack Oro Bayo while he shot MC Lee, and commanded Oro Bayo be brought before him. He also shot him and ordered the two of them be set ablaze.

Another source who preferred anonymity told our correspondent that the killings of Oro Bayo and MC Lee was as a result of the struggle for ‘resource control’ in Oshodi between Akinsanya (Oluomo) and Otunba Kassim Badmus (Kosija). It was learnt that some youths in Oshodi felt sidelined and deprived of their ‘rights’ to monies generated by the Oluomo led National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) (area boys). They were also angered by the fact that some people outside Oshodi, who were not stakeholders, were being given large sums of money monthly. Some were said to have been given what is popularly ‘junction’ in Oshodi to take charge of and these ‘junctions’ are where the monies are being made. Among such people are popular Yoruba actor and a famous Fuji musician.

The killing of M C Lee and Oro Bayo was targeted to coincide with the time Oluomo was going 2008 Hajj, knowing fully well that people will not point accusing fingers at him when the killing took place. The plan was that the death of Kosija would send a warning message to those sympathetic to him, just as the death of Elewedu and Suwe-Suwe sent warning signals to those who were sympathetic to their causes.

>http://gavelinternational.org/gang-wars-why-oshodi-may-boil-again/#sthash.oxQvQzA8.dpbs

Cc lalasticala
Mynd44

And I guess the only person or thing that can topple Oluomo is ( Coup detat), God factor(Death or Illness) and if TINUBU turns his back on him

Over accurate

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
morgstreme:

Was it the same way your late WRETCHED ILLITERATE PEASANT MISCREANT UNINTELLIGENT local father was on borrowed time,Mr god
Are you olumo's child?

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2022
obstead200:

I know bomboy. He is from my village. Infact, his house is opposite my father's house.

After his death, his brothers relocated to the village and introduced thuggery to my village. They control junctions, extort money from motorists, extort money from property developers and grab people's land at will.

Make dem no worry. Their cup go soon full
Is Austin , bomboy's brother still alive?
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2022
polimaf:
Yea, it's not like it used to be

Thank God
If you walk past ilupeju bridge at night without being careful your valuable will miss.
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by obstead200(m): 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
Revolution2022:
Is Austin ,his bomboy's brother still alive?
I can't really remember since I hardly visit home. But I knew he was recently very sick..... kidney problems I think. Dunno if he made it

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by obstead200(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2022
EmeraldJD:
Dem take thuggery do dia family? undecided Why will your village youths allow them sef?
they recruited idle youths into their gang na.

4 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by obstead200(m): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2022
obontami:

Bomboy's brother: Austin, also died mysteriously.
thanks for updating me. I knew he was sick in the village... kidney problems. That means he passed on fairly recently
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by MrMeth: 2:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
Most of these guys started their thuggery when they were in secondary as a boxer with the likes of sule nayam and pappy leading the pack in comprehensive high school before they left to bolade grammar school when ajulo made it hot for students not ready to learn. Jalisco became a breeding ground for most of them, where they converge daily to smoke india hemp. Now the result is what we have in the larger society where they have become a terrifying factor.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2022
Shobizz:

From
Thuggery Life style
Pick Pockets

Na Oshodi Boys move to computer village. You go buy Fufu thinking say na phone for Oshodi Overhead Bridge. Main market for electronics. Oshodi then always over crowded, you can speen roughly 30mins from Bolade to Under Bridge will trekking.

You live Lagos, Oshodi to be precise you no wish you no fit wise anywhere. grin

Ajegunle
Mushin
Agege
Surulere
Ijegun
Ketu
Idumota
Balogun
And many more.
Season Film
Mushin is dangerous.But bomboy had a ground there.I had once seen him sitting at the conductor seat of a danfo bus while his boy was washing his feets back then in Mushin challenge bustop.He was very handsome,fair and he attract attention because of his huge stature.

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Segzy19: 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2022
Auxiliary is still holding sway in Ibadan. I don't know of Tokyo... They will all end or die badly....
eposho:

Mc oluomo is on borrowed time.
Remember auxiliary and tokyo?
Soldier come soldier go,
Serikin goma sanmoni gonma ni fa.

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Segzy19: 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2022
Which education you gain from this agbero story nau? grin
MartinBond:
Precise and educative
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Segzy19: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2022
As if other regions no get dem own abi...
Did you read the story at all? Na omo ibo introduce agbero and thuggery to Oshodi....
broadman20:
South West and Agbero......

A product of failed family system in that region.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tiyamiyu Kazeem: 3 Persons Feared Killed In Sagamu During Protest Against SARS / Zambian Woman Who Hid Provision In Her Pant After Stealing Them Gets Caught -Pic / 16-Year-Old Girl Who Always Sleeps In Class Gets Pregnant In Lagos. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.