Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) (64684 Views)

Albanian Cocaine Gangs Flaunt Flashy Cars To Entice Criminals To UK / NURTW treasurer, Alowonle Asekun murdered in Lagos / Gunshots As Rival Gangs Clash In Fadeyi Area Of Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by plantainbender(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2022
This one na lie o. Bomboy no dey 1 to 100 sef. He held sway in Oshodi because the others na fufu.

Things don dy happen for Yaba since the 70s - peeps like Always dem.
Segzy19:
Na omo ibo introduce agbero and thuggery to Lagos....

5 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by macho44(m): 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2022
chaarly:

Number 9A kirikiri road
Olodi apapa. Na one big yellow upstairs that year. . Mechanic workshop Dey the front and one Alfa house wey marry 4wives Dey the other side. I miss those people. The house suppose dun collapse by now. Lol grin

E be Dey like wetin go fall one day. The house dun teyyyyyy. We left there December 2004 to abj. Been in abj since then smiley
Na 244B Kirikiri Road, i been dey. Left in 2005 grin
Na that Beggar SUYA bus-stop.

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by macho44(m): 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2022
macho44:

Na that Berger SUYA bus-stop.
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by gasparpisciotta: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
Reference:

Have you watched the movie, 'Gangs of Newyork' by Martin Scorsese, based on loosely held historical facts but nonetheless represented what early modern American society was.

Clan warfare for dominance turned into gangland. Like Newyork'which was the harbour and gateway for migrants from Europe so are all these gangs in Lagos today, all of them non indegenous Lagosians fighting for territory and power in ungoverned spaces.

In decades to come and in a few generations 'Lagosians' will look back and wonder with regret how these shameful things become part of their subculture.

The days of Tony Accardo, Alphonse Capone....
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by VEHINTOLAR: 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
Hmmm,Ajagbe Bomboy.......rip man ! Oshodi of the 90s was not for the fainthearted ! At a point I had to relocate to Baruwa in Ijeshatedo to cool off when the "war" in Oshodi was consuming almost everybody ! Hmmm,oh my,you see that Talo guy;he is a born thug;a short man devil ! Even as strong and rugged Bomboy was,he secretly feared Talo. Those who were familiar with the set up then would confirm this to be a fact.

Oshodi of that era was quite violent and at the same time very interesting. It was always an endless day of many violent season films. Oro Bayo's death was exceptionally painful 'cause the dude could be extremely nice,just and polite most times ! And even Bomboy too;he bailed out so many guys that I personally know. Abi no be so Samodu,if you're here ? MC Oluomo, apart from being rumoured to be very vast in mystical powers,most people don't know that he is a very good and dogged street fighter! I however think Oluomo was able to tame Talo as a result of Hamburgers death. It was totally an emotional wreck for Talo and I think he couldn't get over the shock on time. Hmmm,Talo,the devil himself,man feared nobody perhaps,except God ! I never knew he could accept to serve under the authority Oluomo!

Bomboy desperately attempted to hide his Igbo origin hence the Yoruba name "Ajagbe"he adopted ! He knew the game was over for him when some of his loyalists started questioning his ethnicity. As at that time,only few people knew that Bomboy was Igbo;most people did not know. He subsequently relocated to Ijegun where he eventually died from the injury he sustained during one of his many fracas. He subsequently relocated to Ijegun with his family where he eventually died from the injury he sustained from one of his many fracas.

16 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by chaarly(m): 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2022
macho44:

Na that Beggar SUYA bus-stop.

Hehehe
You’re my blooda oo grin

I greet you bro

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Bash92(m): 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2022
dexmond:

I may have generalized here. The issue of out of wedlock children is now very common. An entire lineage filled with touts. I grew up among one such agbole.

I hope the issue is taken serious. I hope the situation is not same elsewhere, I am only speaking where I live.

I grew up in an "agbole" filled with an entire lineage of hemp sellers and touts. Singl
I understand your point its a thing of concern. Like you mentioned children out of wedlock is gradually being seen as a norm this days.

I hope our religious leaders preach and tell our people and the danger it is contributing to the society.
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by MrMeth: 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:
Hmmm,Ajagbe Bomboy.......rip man ! Oshodi of the 90s was not for the fainthearted ! At a point I had to relocate to Baruwa in Ijeshatedo to cool off when the "war" in Oshodi was consuming almost everybody ! Hmmm,oh my,you see that Talo guy;he is a born thug;a short man devil ! Even as strong and rugged Bombay was,he secretly feared Talo. Those who were familiar with the set up then would confirm this to be a fact.

Oshodi of that era was quite violent and at the same time very interesting. It was always an endless day of many violent season films. Oro Bayo's death was exceptionally painful 'cause the dude could be extremely nice,just and polite most times ! And even Bombay too;he bailed out so many guys that I personally know. Abi no be so Samodu,if you're here ? MC Oluomo, apart from being rumoured to be very vast in mystical powers,most people don't know that he is a very good and dogged street fighter! I however think Oluomo was able to tame Talo as a result of Hamburgers death. It was a totally emotional wreck for Talo and I think he couldn't get over the shock on time. Hmmm,Talo,the devil himself,man feared nobody perhaps,except God ! I never knew he could accept to serve under the authority Oluomo!

Bomboy desperately attempted to hide his Igbo origin hence the Yoruba name "Ajagbe"he adopted ! He knew the game was over for him when some of his loyalties started questioning his ethnicity. As at that time,only few people knew that Bomboy was Igbo;most people did not know. He subsequently relocated to Ijegun where he eventually died from the injury he sustained during one of his many fracas. He subsequently relocated to Ijegun with his family where he eventually died from the injury he sustained from one of his many fracas.

Omo oshodi gidi gan

6 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by obontami: 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2022
obstead200:
thanks for updating me. I knew he was sick in the village... kidney problems. That means he passed on fairly recently

he's dead over ten years ago.

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by samsongbemisola(m): 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2022
Shobizz:

The good old days. Lion Junction had their base at Oshodi Road.

1. Bomboy ---- From Amoóka Anambra Just after Uli Center. Bombay later died mysteriously. His death was attributed to a mysterious sore that he had on his legs. Buried in His Home Town Amoóka, Anambra State.
His Brother (Austin)

2. Mufu Shongo --- Wasiu trailer also died mysteriously on his return from Saudi Arabia where he had gone for hajj

3. Oritana ----- Relocate Oshodi after the ROADSIDE MARKET resolved by Gov. Raji Fashola Jan 5th, 2009. Due to his refusal to collabo n serve under MC Oluomo

OSHODI DAY is celebrated every 1st of August. With Series of Fuji Musicians. Staged for Different Junction n Base.

Born n breed in Oshodi Market.
U live Oshodi uno wise. Uno fit wise anywhere

Junction & Base
- Oshodi Road (36 Kiniun)
- Lion Junction - Brown Street
- Araròmi Junction -- Cairo & Banjoko
- Adekoya
- Bolade
- Ojurin another Base - Mosafejo
Days of fighting for control. Lion junction is in Oshodi road while 36 Kiniun is in Brown street.

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by mywells: 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2022
Oshodi Obidient
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by irunoko(m): 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2022
MichaelSokoto:

5 fuuuulll molue buses!

him na d real Jagaban!
Emilokan crooner is Jez an imposter!
grin
so he can extort from others but he doesn't want the same thing done to him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by samsongbemisola(m): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2022
Wow Days of Area boys Fighting, nice facts with write up but there re some wrong fact there,MC Oluomo group is not 36 Kiniun but Lion Junction with their base in Oshodi Road. Democracy give rise to Area boys because you can't try it under the military regime. Bom Boy is one of the earliest area boy in Oshodi he is a skilled boxer tall n energetic. under the military regime area boys solicit for money from commercial vehicles not force or with authority like what we have now.
During the presidency of Chief Obasanjo He tried to take Lagos from Tunubu, he tried through election n impreachment but he was not successful ( Obasanjo used impeachment to remove many Governors during his time but Tunubu was kind of ahead of him. These faillues made Obasanjo to stop all revenues from Federal government to Lagos State government yet he failed. Furthermore, Obasanjo removed all security details of Tunubi as a Governor, this made Tunubi to use some boys as his secret security deatils.
During this period the Area Boys re divided into two namely those supporting Tunubu (Governor) n those supporting Obasanjo(president)
During the 2007 election Obasanjo made his final attempt to win Lagos for PDP. Area boys became weapons, they become politicalize the fighting became more vicious n deadly guns were introduce instead of the normal weapons of cultlass,bottles n stones. politicians gave these boys guns.
In Oshodi kehinde Almoruf( ex husband of Funke Akindele, first husband) the current Local government Chairman of Oshodi isolo was in PDP then he contested for the position of Federal representative under PDP
Poor the the 2007 there were two rival area boys group which were the strongest in Oshodi, namely the Lion Junction headed by MC Oluomo n his deputy Koko zaria in Oshodi Road and 36 Kiniun headed by Talk skibo n his deputy Nayam in Brown street.
MC Oluomo group supported Tunubu's Party while Talo's group supported PDP. PDP won the presidential election while Tunubi party won the Lagos State governship election, the senatorial election n the representative election.
PDP abandoned their area boys in Lagos after the election this made Tunubu to further strengthen position. The parks, junction and garage controlled by the PDP boys were taken over by ACN boys.
In Oshodi due to the fightings n killings by the area boys before the 2007 election. Peace meeting was held to unify all Area boys into one body. The two most prominent groups with are the MC Oluomo Lion junction n Talo's 36 Kiniun. MC Oluomo being a supporter of Tunubi was favored while aTalo was said not to from Oshodi but from Mushin that he is the one causing conflicts in oshodi.
Oluomo became the head of Oshodi( Oshodi 1) while Talk exiled himself to run for life. Nayam which is Talk second in command became Oluomo deputy.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by macho44(m): 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2022
chaarly:

Hehehe
You’re my blooda oo grin

I greet you bro
Maximum Respects!
BrodaMan grin

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by sonnie10: 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2022
MrMeth:

He sustained a bottle cut to his leg during one of the fights. The wound escalated to the point he lost his life as a result.
Yes he had a wound on his leg from one of fights which was protracted. He was more focused in traditional treatment than hospital. Amputation could have saved him. But I guess pride and ignorance stood in the way.

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 09, 2022
obstead200:
I can't really remember since I hardly visit home. But I knew he was recently very sick..... kidney problems I think. Dunno if he made it
He might have clock 60.I knew bomboy and austin in the 2000's and they were middle aged then.
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
BrotherJesu:
This account is VERY ACCURATE, as a young boy growing up in makinde street, mafoluku, oshodi. The 36 kininun boys where my roll model, my mum use beaten correct my head.
The Suwe suwe in the story lived on Joseph street, his base was at ogun oloko junction.

He was killed, hit with a pestle on his head when he went to a Cele church program, rumours have it that those involved in his killing are his close Allies because he was called from the church vigil on his cell phone. Been who he is he wouldn't just go meet a random person....
You would have been history by now had you have tow their path.They don't last long because of supremacy battle to control busstops and markets for extortion.

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
plantainbender:
This one na lie o. Bomboy no dey 1 to 100 sef. He held sway in Oshodi because the others na fufu.

Things don dy happen for Yaba since the 70s - peeps like Always dem.
Bomboy get level.Na Jaz dem chuk am.If not nobody fit fight am.Na boxer him be.As Mushin dangerous reach back then,he dey enter there.Everybody for him lane Sha.

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by 3yga: 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2022
futurerex:

If you comment without quoting everything what will happen to you
Let them quote
Wetin be your own sef??
Just dey tackle every quote
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by 3yga: 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2022
Segzy19:
Auxiliary is still hold ng sway in Ibadan. I don't know of Tokyo... They will all end or die badly....
Tonyo don over lay low . Living very peacefully
He doesn’t interfere with anything tout anymore
Auxiliary wey people mean am die

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by plantainbender(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2022
Who I be to talk say Bomboy no get level? Ajagbe no be pikin for the game but na dude wey say "na Igbo man start agberoism I dy refer to".

Revolution2022:
Bomboy get level.Na Jaz dem chuk am.If not nobody fit fight am.Na boxer him be.As Mushin dangerous reach back then,he dey enter there.Everybody for him lane Sha.

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ah finally, first time I read all the whole comments of a thread

3 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by sonnie10: 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:
Hmmm,Ajagbe Bomboy.......rip man ! Oshodi of the 90s was not for the fainthearted ! At a point I had to relocate to Baruwa in Ijeshatedo to cool off when the "war" in Oshodi was consuming almost everybody ! Hmmm,oh my,you see that Talo guy;he is a born thug;a short man devil ! Even as strong and rugged Bomboy was,he secretly feared Talo. Those who were familiar with the set up then would confirm this to be a fact.

Oshodi of that era was quite violent and at the same time very interesting. It was always an endless day of many violent season films. Oro Bayo's death was exceptionally painful 'cause the dude could be extremely nice,just and polite most times ! And even Bomboy too;he bailed out so many guys that I personally know. Abi no be so Samodu,if you're here ? MC Oluomo, apart from being rumoured to be very vast in mystical powers,most people don't know that he is a very good and dogged street fighter! I however think Oluomo was able to tame Talo as a result of Hamburgers death. It was totally an emotional wreck for Talo and I think he couldn't get over the shock on time. Hmmm,Talo,the devil himself,man feared nobody perhaps,except God ! I never knew he could accept to serve under the authority Oluomo!

Bomboy desperately attempted to hide his Igbo origin hence the Yoruba name "Ajagbe"he adopted ! He knew the game was over for him when some of his loyalists started questioning his ethnicity. As at that time,only few people knew that Bomboy was Igbo;most people did not know. He subsequently relocated to Ijegun where he eventually died from the injury he sustained during one of his many fracas. He subsequently relocated to Ijegun with his family where he eventually died from the injury he sustained from one of his many fracas.

When Bomboy left Oshodi he did so because had out grown Oshodi and not because the game was over for him. After the elections , the union grabbed that opportunity of the administration’s support to reorganize. Executives were formed and he was promoted to National treasurer. If you understand how they make money, the new position was responsible to keep all Lagos chapter’s money. Something much more than the “peanut” from Oshodi. It was easy money because he no longer had to go out there. Returns were made daily. He was swimming in money before he died.
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Shobizz(m): 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2022
samsongbemisola:
Days of fighting for control. Lion junction is in Oshodi road while 36 Kiniun is in Brown street.

You are Right Bro. I will modify my post

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
sonnie10:

When Bomboy left Oshodi he did so because had out grown Oshodi and not because the game was over for him. After the elections , the union grabbed that opportunity of the administration’s support to reorganize. Executives were formed and he was promoted to National treasurer. If you understand how they make money, the new position was responsible to keep all Lagos chapter’s money. Something much more than the “peanut” from Oshodi. It was easy money because he no longer had to go out there. Returns were made daily. He was swimming in money before he died.
He relocated to the house he built.He still had a ground in oshodi where they delivered to him.

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by kcbaba007: 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2022
anthonyuncle:
am i the only one that was born and bred in lagos that is hearing some of these names for the first time?

Means you be pure ajebutter, you no street at all, I had encounter with bomboy and Austin his brother when I do go to hussle okrika in oshodi after selling at katangowa during the day..... I was pained, and within me, I knew they won't last. Thuggery, cultism, thiefry vawulence does not pay

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by kcbaba007: 10:50pm On Oct 09, 2022
obstead200:

I know bomboy. He is from my village. Infact, his house is opposite my father's house.

After his death, his brothers relocated to the village and introduced thuggery to my village. They control junctions, extort money from motorists, extort money from property developers and grab people's land at will.

Make dem no worry. Their cup go soon full

True, I heard that Austin went back to the village after the death of bomboy..... So dem carry the evil trend go their village bah!....
Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by kcbaba007: 10:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
obontami:

Bomboy's brother: Austin, also died mysteriously.

Really..... Hmnnnn. Those guys extorted me, even withy little hussle, I still dey his dey live life, dem dey grave now..... Na the path in life wey dem choose be that. Anyway, evil never pays well.

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by kcbaba007: 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2022
irunoko:
you're lucky.you should thank God for your mom.by now you Will have been running after buses in mile 2 with sticks, hanging on buses shouting owomida

Those guys operate like cultists and live a VERY dirty miserable and violent lives.those who cannot afford to send their kids abroad like mc oluomo get killed and they are quick to betray themselves.they readily sell themselves out when the chips are down.theres nothing like loyalty in their dictionary.they can go to each other's owanmbe, dance together,spray money and the next day they've sold you out.

The ones doing thuggery in our area are older and full of regrets unfortunately there's nobody to help them because they've destroyed too many things and lives.all they do is walk around in rags.their juju has failed and destroyed them

No so most of them dey and their lives.... In penury, and abject poverty, this is the path in life they chose, I no fit ever pity them she men dey hussle, dem dey dia dey form thuggery

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by Helkayklassic(m): 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2022
Helkayklassic:
Reading all these and thanking God for life. Being born and raised in Oshodi then was not easy.

I can relate well to all these story the things that are wrong there is that 36 kiniun is different from Lion.

36 kiniun is in brown street. Led by Talo skibo while Lion is in Oshodi Road led by MC Oluomo.

Also, Talo skibo didn't have a short spell, man stayed long as the head of 36 kiniun and did all sort of bad things then. It was some people that poked Nayam that while will he be slaving for Talo knowing fully well he is not an Oshodi boy, he came from Mushin. That was where the problem started and Nayam was also aiming to be the boss of 36 kiniun..

Ajagbe Bomboy. Man named himself Ajagbe when the news of him being an igbo guy started trending. He was notorious too. His brother Austin tried to take over after his demise but for where them MC no gree.

36 kiniun (Brown street) led by Talo
Lion (Oshodi road) led by MC Oluomo
Diycott (Araromi street) led by Wasiu Trailer.

Ruthless in that order.

It was not fun those days because of unrest but remembering it now, it was so fun to live in Oshodi. We missed schools many days cos of unrest.

There was a day they were fighting and a passerby probably he was going to work. Hide in our house and he was asking who were fighting, my brother told him 36 kiniun and Lion. The man shook his head like what's the difference, knowing fully well kiniun is Lion in Yoruba language. The man sworn that he can never allow his enemy to live in Oshodi.

There is also this guy that head Fire 2 then (Oje) he was killed mysteriously.

Charger the leader of Ecomong wasted his life during the last fight between 36 kiniun and Lion. He survived but he was better being dead. All his body was matcheted.

Story too plenty for Oshodi.

These are some of the face of the names mentioned in that story.

The one sitting down - MC Oluomo (This one no need much introduction)
The one in the middle - Talo Skibo (Very ruthless)
The one at the left hand side - Nayam (George Bush)
The one at the right hand side - Koko Zaria (You’ll always run into this one wearing white every time)

They are all in one accord now.

15 Likes

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by irunoko(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
kcbaba007:

No so most of them dey and their lives.... In penury, and abject poverty, this is the path in life they chose, I no fit ever pity them she men dey hussle, dem dey dia dey form thuggery
see another fool defending awon agberos.ashiere Omo.iyawo agbero

1 Like

Re: Oshodi (Gangs, Violence, Politics & NURTW) by kcbaba007: 11:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
sonnie10:

When Bomboy bought the land to build his private house in Ijegun, the area boys at ijegun did not have any idea who he was because he had kept a low profile. When the workers started clearing the place, those boys came as usual to extort him. He refused and instead called his boys from Oshodi to come to the place. They arrived in 5 molue buses full of boys.
That day, nobody in the whole of Ijegun slept at home.
The bala had to call him and after much begging, he was given the title of Alakosi of Ijegun.
That was where he lived with his only daughter and wife until he died.

Which Ijegun? Pls i need to know

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Court Jails Michael Jackson For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photo) / Dad Sprays Over 27 People With Acid For Bullying His Son In Cross River State / “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.