Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo (11515 Views)

Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties / Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? / Delta (and Rivers) Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 16, 2020
valirex:

Please spare me this history fabrication, no matter how you respect a person you won't let him encroach on your land, am not going to go into where the present Onitcha people came from but I will tell you Bini was a super power at that time and that was what made it easy for Bini to colonize Onitcha.
Aside all this you should also know Onitcha was practicing monarchial rule so tell me why history didn't change? undecided

Still Respect for Sovereignty, Igbos had no motive to conquer lands like the Oba of Benin, or are you telling me that the Oba thought onitsha was were the Igbo land or land in general ended?

He then left Imo state as he conquered or as you guys say "Escaping the hardened rule of the Oba" and conquered the western Rivers people, he left Ikwere, Akwa-Ibom and the far east in general, if that's so I'll say the Oba was one concieted fellow. grin
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by pazienza(m): 7:12pm On May 16, 2020
gregyboy:

Check the map again they are political bounded as edo by thier local govt ovia north east but culturally and geographically they are not edo but delta igbos

I will show you two pictures

Igbanke share land boundary with Mbiri in Ika part of Delta.
So yes! They can easily be added to Delta.

In exchange, Delta(Anioma) would have to give up Ozanogogo to Edo state.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by pazienza(m): 7:20pm On May 16, 2020
valirex:

They are not igbos they are Igbanke people. Let's stop marginalizing them. I have been with Igbanke people and they spoke little Bini and claimed to be Edos. And they have the full.right to be Edos if they choose to. You and I know they will never surmount to anything in biafra, they will never be accepted if they foolishly agree to go with biafra

Any Igbanke person that speaks Bini learnt it on his own.
No Igbanke man can speak or understand Bini without learning it. They speak Ika language, though like Ika broke off from Igbo, Igbanke people are currently breaking off Ika, many are now claiming that Igbanke is an independent language and ethnic group of it's own free from Ika.

Igbanke like many Igboid groups in SS have a history of migration from Bini.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Foncu: 7:24pm On May 16, 2020
pazienza:

Good evening please i sent you an email yesterday. I am looking forward to your response.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by pazienza(m): 7:36pm On May 16, 2020
Foncu:

Good evening please i sent you an email yesterday. I am looking forward to your response.

I'm sorry, but I don't reply emails from people on nairaland. I don't seek to make contact with anyone here nor have them contact me.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by pazienza(m): 7:37pm On May 16, 2020
Igbanke sentences.

1. I did not hear. A nun nim
2. I told you. Men gwa i.
3. I didn't say so. E ku nim rira
4. I told you to go. N si i jen men.
5. You called me. Yu kpom.
6. You were there. I ri ebe ehu
7. You said that I ate it. I si ni men ri e.
8. She called him. Ya kpo a
9. He is a good person. O wu ezi ihian
10. She told me to go. O sim jen men
11. It is not true. E le ezi oku
12. He came to school. O bia ulo ekukwo
13. I did not eat food. E ri nim nnin
14. I go to work. M jen orun
15. She stop. O wuzo
16. Come. Bia
17. My mother. Nnem
18. Give me yam. Ye m gi
19. You ate my food. Yu ri nnin m
20. Agree Kweri
21. Who is here Onye ri eben
22. I am going. N lako alako
23. Amend. Donzi
24. Arise. Lihi oto
25. Assist Ye eka/Y'eka
26. Father Nedi
27. Mother. Nne
28. Children. Nmu
29. Elderly man. Diokpa
30. Welcome. A lua
31. Beat. Gbu
32. Become. Henrin/Honrin
33. Begin. Bidon
34. Bend. Hie/ hiemen
35. Bite. Ta (erun)
36. Blow fire. Fu okun
37. Break. Kpagi/Tikpo
38. Bring. Wehe
39. Build house. Tun ulo
40. Burn fire. Dun okun/ren okun
41. Choose. Hanrin
42. Catch. Nwun don/ kwondon
43. What do you think. Ke iro / kiro
44. Not as you think. E le ki ro
45. I did it. Meh me
46. Man. Okenye
47. Outside. Obodo/I wea esi
48. Motorcycle. Ono di ali gbo oso
49. Radio. E kpeti ta lo Ku
50. Spirit. Nmo
51. Spoil. Wiwi
52. Steal. Zu/zuru
53. Mad. Era
54. Swear. Kwun/cun
55. Curse. Iyi
56. Sweep. Za
57. Sweep out. Zapu
58. Take. Weri
59. Teach. Kuzi
60. Teacher. Onye nkuzi
61. Mold. E pete
62. Tear. Dowa/tika
63. Good. Orika-nma/mma
64. Rich. Odafi/ogaranyia
65. Trouble. Eku ray ku
66. King. Obi/Eze
67. Age mate. Otum
68. I forgot. Azom
69. Tell. Gwa
70. High/up. Elu.
71. Sit down Nodi ali.
72. Stand. li hii/ wuzo
73. Look here. le ebeni
74. Cook. shime
75. Don't fight. alu le ogwun
76. Share it. ke a
77. Bury. lii
78. Play. Egu
79. Dance for me. Tenim egu
80. Church. Okah
81. Market. Afia
82. Knife. Ebe ke
83. Cutlass. Opia
84. Shoe. Akpu uku
85. Plate. Afere
86. I'm coming. N'la la
87. Don't beat him. Egbu le ilii
88. Remember. yhan han
89. Run. Kpa osuo
90. It's big. O hii ogbe
91. Money. Egho
92. My friend. O whum
93. Road. Ozor
94. Farm. Ugbo/Ofia
95. Sleep. Ran hin
96. Person. Ihian
97. Thing. Ihien
98. Give it to me. Ye mhe/wea ye mhe
99. Do it well. Meme ohun ma
100. Leaders. Ndi okiki
101. Door . Ekwe

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by pazienza(m): 7:38pm On May 16, 2020
Animals in Igbanke language

1: Mbekù.... Tortoise
2: Ele....Deer
3: Anù....Meat
4: Ewù....Goat
5: Anù Ewù....Goat Meat
6: Ngwugù....pepper Soup
7: Agwó....Snake
8: Eletù....Rabbit
9: Aturùn....Sheep
10: Ebùlù....Ram
11: Ñkpīn....He Goat
12: Odegbe....She Goat
13: Egi....Snail
14: Ize.... Cray Fish
15: Azùn Ndùn.... Fresh Fish
16: Azùn: Fish

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Foncu: 7:41pm On May 16, 2020
pazienza:

I'm sorry, but I don't reply emails from people on nairaland. I don't seek to make contact with anyone here nor have them contact me.
I want to set up a website focusing on the names of lawmakers and their constituencies
from the First Republic, Second Republic and Third Republic. I have searched the archives without result. Being well versed in history, i thought you might be of assistance hence my email to you.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by pazienza(m): 7:47pm On May 16, 2020
Foncu:

I want to set up a website focusing on the names of lawmakers and their constituencies
from the First Republic, Second Republic and Third Republic. I have searched the archives without result. Being well versed in history, i thought you might be of assistance hence my email to you.

Sorry, but I don't have those info.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 8:02pm On May 16, 2020
pazienza:

Wow i just read about them now they are even more closer to edo by boundary than igbanke
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by pazienza(m): 8:07pm On May 16, 2020
gregyboy:

Wow i just read about them now they are even more closer to edo by boundary than igbanke

Yeah. Ozanogogo are Edoid speakers, they should be in Edo state and not in Agbor. Ika should give up Ozanogogo in exchange for Igbanke to be returned to Ika. Its the right thing to do. Give and take.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2020
pazienza:

Yeah. Ozanogogo are Edoid speakers, they should be in Edo state and not in Agbor. Ika should give up Ozanogogo in exchange for Igbanke to be returned to Ika. Its the right thing to do. Give and take.

Wow they speak more edo than igbo please we need them in edo state

Do they bear edo names or ika names

The people who made this political map boundaries were high on weed
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 8:44pm On May 16, 2020
pazienza:

Any Igbanke person that speaks Bini learnt it on his own.
No Igbanke man can speak or understand Bini without learning it. They speak Ika language, though like Ika broke off from Igbo, Igbanke people are currently breaking off Ika, many are now claiming that Igbanke is an independent language and ethnic group of it's own free from Ika.

Igbanke like many Igboid groups in SS have a history of migration from Bini.

Anything you say I won't argue with you cos you are not tribalistic, you speak truth and not like some others. So I agree. But can you list out Edoid groups in Delta
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 8:48pm On May 16, 2020
Eberejesus111:

Still Respect for Sovereignty, Igbos had no motive to conquer lands like the Oba of Benin, or are you telling me that the Oba thought onitsha was were the Igbo land or land in general ended?

He then left Imo state as he conquered or as you guys say "Escaping the hardened rule of the Oba" and conquered the western Rivers people, he left Ikwere, Akwa-Ibom and the far east in general, if that's so I'll say the Oba was one concieted fellow. grin

Let's retrace our steps so as not to go ballistic. We were discussing forms of governments and not precolonial expansion
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 16, 2020
valirex:

Let's retrace our steps so as not to go ballistic. We were discussing forms of governments and not precolonial expansion

Okay, if you say constitutional Monarchy is good for you, that's good. But I presume 99.99% of Niger-deltans wouldn't agree with such government. I can bet on it.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 10:54pm On May 16, 2020
Eberejesus111:

Okay, if you say constitutional Monarchy is good for you, that's good. But I presume 99.99% of Niger-deltans wouldn't agree with such government. I can bet on it.

You are 100% correct, but we don't intend to go push our Monarchy on them, if Bendel Republic goes together it will be a confederation where the Uhorbo, Isoko and Itsekiri will each have the types of government they decide on. And Edo will go with Monarchial rule. You get now?

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 16, 2020
valirex:

You are 100% correct, but we don't intend to go push our Monarchy on them, if Bendel Republic goes together it will be a confederation where the Uhorbo, Isoko and Itsekiri will each have the types of government they decide on. And Edo will go with Monarchial rule. You get now?

Hmm...okay, confederate states. Okay, kudos to you guys. It's well done.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by pazienza(m): 1:10am On May 17, 2020
Foncu:

You can try naptu2 . He could be of help to you. Search for him.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 8:49pm On May 17, 2020
pazienza:

Do they bear edo names or igbo related names
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Armaggedon: 7:18pm On May 18, 2020
pazienza:

oza people are migrants.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 8:24am On May 19, 2020
Armaggedon:
oza people are migrants.

If they are migrant then Igbanke people are migrants too
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by shanga(m): 9:37am On May 20, 2020
We have Oza Nisi close to Oza nogogo and Oza Nisi is from Bini and are not migrant....
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by osazuwa23: 10:23am On May 22, 2020
As much as biafrians want to make tribal sentiments not the for front i dont see that happening it make no sense for minority tribe who are probably more populated in certain areas to join a country where they are less populated and there language wont be considered themain lanaguage. igbo is a language going extinct so it will definealtly be the main language spoken in biafra over other languages such as urhobo or itsekiri. Also no tribe would want to put another langauge over there own so this whole seperation thing might be a receipe for disater if we dont come together each and every tribe has national conference and refrendum to decide the land and whether they want to join this nation or not cry
Eberejesus111:

Well, you have a point though, but this is the 21st century and no group or tribe of the world would want to be under the tutelage and watchful eyes of a ruler or Oba. Even when it comes to dynastical culture.
Look at it this way, if they told you choose between Old Russian or Soviet Union and present day America, which one would you choose.

The way I see Biafra, they've seen it all, the divide and rule, the ployed hate between tribes and even them for years now, so when making a state or country, they'll want to include everyone along. They'll make sure tribe or tribal sentiments isn't the forefront, especially to make it more of a free country like the United States.

How would you make a country based on tribal sentiments, when you've learned from Big Brother Nigeria. I presume the first thing in the Constitution, if made would be more like Benjamn Franklin and his people in 17-18 century United states, were they all came together to free or loosen themselves from the mad king of Britain in that time.

They had learned and were willing to make a change, which Birthed the free country and the most adored country we now have today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Shaneroberts: 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Health And Health Promotion Patterns Of The Igbo People / What Does Mahinmi Mean In Yoruba? / Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.