Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

The Truth About The New Curiculum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About The New Curiculum (8836 Views)

The Truth About Abba Kyari’s Rumored Death And What We Discovered / The Truth About The Billionaire Adeleke Family From Osun State / Atiku Finally Reveals 'the Truth' About His Alleged Crimes In U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
The new curriculum merged Civic Education, IRS, CRK and Social Studies into "Religion and National Values". Each is separately taught and Christians don't offer IRS while Muslims don't offer CRS except they choose to.

Also, French and Arabic were introduced as subjects, students are expected to choose one of these languages.

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
Stop this propaganda, no one is being forced to study Islamic Studies

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
Please provide proof so we can call the modes.
FFK, Reno and the rest of the Nigerian Islamophobes gang intentionally and mischievously added Islamic in front of Arabic Language just to cause mischief and further aggravate the hate and mistrust between Christians and Muslims.
You don't see anybody calling English language Christian English Studies Ridiculous right? Well that how it sounds when you try to label Arabic as only being Islamic.
I blame the Ministry of Education, Information and the presidency for not doing enough at least to try and dispel misinformation and hold those peddling wrong information accountable.
Also the ridiculous myth that there are more Arabic teachers than French teachers is outright lie!
How many government schools in Southern Nigeria have Arabic teacher? not to talk of Islamic Studies teacher.
I think it's high time this country is divided, enough with the blackmail of the north, Islam and Hausa/Fulani.
#KadunaDeclaration

33 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
which proof do you need if you know anybody in the educational sector you can confirm from him
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

The Federal Ministry of Education on Friday debunked claims that Islamic and Arabic Studies have been reintroduced into the curriculum. It added that the subject, as well as Christian Religious Knowledge, would be taughtunder a new subject.The ministry was reacting to reports that Christian Religious Studies had been left out of the curriculum.But, the Director of Press, Federal Ministry of Education, Mrs. Chinenye Ihuoma, said that the Minister of Education designed the new subject, which she said would comprise religionand civic education.She said, “The alternation is not from the minister, this is purely from the National Councilon Education. It is just as the council has said that History should be a subject of its own at the basic level in the first nine years.“Now, a new subject has been introduced, called Religion and National Values. It is a fusion of religion and civics. I have not seen the details but in a case where you have subject combinations in the same period, everyone will attend lectures that correspond with their own religion. Arabic and Islamic Studies are not standing alone. Islamic Religious Study and Christian Religious Study as well as national values will be taught under a new subject,’’ she said.

_Punch

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by reptile1: 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
Binb:
Stop this propaganda, no one is being forced to study Islamic Studies

Now shut the fvck if u have notin meaninful to say.

why French and Arabic? dont u have other languages to choose from? why is Nigerian always connected with anything Arabic? same way u have it on ur currencies and military uniform. if there's no sinister motive with such move then thy shud introduce French, German and Spanish languages in the recent curriculum

20 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:
FFK, Reno and the rest of the Nigerian Islamophobes gang intentionally and mischievously added Islamic in front of Arabic Language just to cause mischief and further aggregate the hate and mistrust between Christians and Muslims.
I blame the Ministry of Education, Information and the presidency for not doing enough at least to try and dispel misinformation and hold those peddling wrong information accountable.

exactly that's one of the problems of Nigeria, PR issue. government don't respond go issue quickly till you it's too late. thereby feeding conspiracy and victimization theories

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
What is good about Arabic to Nigeria Christians? We are anglophone country not Arabs. With the global Fight against terrorism Arabic language should be an abomination to Christian communities as new language. Who Arabic epp?? Terrorists favourite lingua franka...

Chinese or Portuguese is far more important than Arabic to Nigerians aside English Language. What do I need Allahu.akbar for??

Islamisation agenda is the Only Motive behind this scheme from the Sultanate domination. How many Muslims do we even have in Nigeria? With less than 41% una no go let pesin sleep sef!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
reptile1:

Now shut the fvck if u have notin meaninful to say.

why French and Arabic? dont u have other languages to choose from? why is Nigerian always connected with anything Arabic? same way u have it on ur currencies and military uniform. if there's no sinister motive with such move then thy shud introduce French, German and Spanish languages in the recent curriculum

nobody is being forced to study Islamic studies as being peddled by some of your pastors so as to continue with your islamisation narrative

and why not Arabic ? If you don't have problem with student being taught French why should you have problem with those who want to study Arabic?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

exactly that's one of the problems of Nigeria, PR issue. government don't respond go issue quickly till you it's too late. thereby feeding conspiracy and victimization theories
Thank you for providing that clarification. I was initially asking for the new syllabus itself so that everyone can read the content themselves.
It's baffling how people would think CRK will be replaced by IRK I'm the first place. How and why?

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
picking Arabic is makes more sense cuz we are surrounded by Arabic speaking nations to the north.. same way with french speaking nations too, for economic, bilateral reasons Arabic and French is our best bet. so it's a matter of choice pick French or Arabic. it's not by force to pick Arabic, you want Arabic pick, you want french pick... life goes on

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:
FFK, Reno and the rest of the Nigerian Islamophobes gang intentionally and mischievously added Islamic in front of Arabic Language just to cause mischief and further aggregate the hate and mistrust between Christians and Muslims.
Also the ridiculous myth that there are more Arabic teachers than French teachers is outright lie!
How many government schools in Southern Nigeria have Arabic teacher? not to talk of Islamic Studies teacher.
I think it's high time this country is divided, enough with the blackmail of the north, Islam and Hausa/Fulani.
#KadunaDeclaration
Chinese should be the major foreign Language to study today instead of Arabic that the owners are still savages who are killing themselves out of religious differences

10 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

picking Arabic is makes more sense cuz we are surrounded by Arabic speaking nations to the north.. same way with french speaking nations too, for economic, bilateral reasons Arabic and French is our best bet. so it's a matter of choice pick French or Arabic. it's not by force to pick Arabic, you want Arabic pick, you want french pick... life goes on
You are slow with your thought process. Tell me the countries around Nigeria that speaks Arabic

9 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
Binb:

nobody is being forced to study Islamic studies as being peddled by some of your pastors so as to continue with your islamisation narrative

and why not Arabic ? If you don't have problem with student being taught French why should you have problem with those who want to study Arabic?
What importance does Arabic studies have over Chinese who are the next economic world power.

Northern politicians are the dullest in the world because Religion is the only factor they consider in every of their policy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

Thank you for providing that clarification. I was initially asking for the new syllabus itself so that everyone can read the content themselves.
It's baffling how people would think CRK will be replaced by IRK I'm the first place. How and why?

Lack of proper research from the rumor Mongers, if you're not clear about an issue. Raise a FOI request to get clarification​. these people just love to be seen as relevant and reel in sentiments.

No one can force a subject on students, majority in South don't take IRK likewise Crk in the North.
I haven't heard the teachers union come out to complain or condemn it.

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Chinese should be the major foreign Language to study today instead of Arabic that the owners are still savages who are killing themselves out of religious differences
So we shall teach "Chinese" btw that's not even a language so your kinsmen will have advantage of smuggling drugs to the most lucrative Asian market? Lie lie!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
You are slow with your thought process. Tell me the countries around Nigeria that speaks Arabic

guessing ignorance and stupidity runs in ur bloodline, if u can't tackle a discussion without insult... Bitch swerve

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

So we shall teach "Chinese" btw that's not even a language so your kinsmen will have advantage of smuggling drugs to the most lucrative Asian market? Lie lie!
Are you okay? Your London Vegetable spent his first 100 days in Office begging China to give him loan because he Knows they are an Economic Power.

Chinese language is more beneficial in facilitation of trade deals than Arabic which only importance is Quran reading.

How many of the so called Muslims can read the quran today because it's written in Arabic.

This policy will fail because the London Vegetable is not coming back again

10 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

guessing ignorance and stupidity runs in ur bloodline, if u can't tackle a discussion without insult... Bitch swerve
I can bet you are an Haboki who sees any contrary opinion as an insult.

7 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

Lack of proper research from the rumor Mongers, if you're not clear about an issue. Raise a FOI request to get clarification​. these people just love to be seen as relevant and reel in sentiments.

No one can force a subject on students, majority in South don't take IRK likewise Crk in the North.
I haven't heard the teachers union come out to complain or condemn it.
Nonsense. I'm fighting for the Minority Christian in the North whom your Muslim politicians are trying to convert through the back door

7 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
I can bet you are an Haboki who sees any contrary opinion as an insult.

pls stay of my mention... keep ur insanity to yourself and ur bloodline...

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Are you okay? Your London Vegetable spent his first 100 days in Office begging China to give him loan because he Knows they are an Economic Power.

Chinese language is more beneficial in facilitation of trade deals than Arabic which only importance is Quran reading.

How many of the so called Muslims can read the quran today because it's written in Arabic.

This policy will fail because the London Vegetable is not coming back again
Look at this village champion telling me about China, you that thought Chinese was a language and should be taught instead of Arabic
Stop disgracing yourself here with your ignorance.

11 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Nonsense. I'm fighting for the Minority Christian in the North whom your Muslim politicians are trying to convert through the back door

keep fighting for them on the pages of NL.. your bravery will save the day.. viva la loco, tu insanity es su familia cheesy

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

pls stay of my mention... keep ur insanity to yourself and ur bloodline...

I can't keep quiet while you smuggle your islamic religion through the back door in a secular country.

Who Islam really epp self

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
I can't keep quiet while you smuggle your islamic religion through the back door in a secular country.

Who Islam really epp self

sha don't enta market....

Who Religion epp....

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

Look at this village champion telling me about China, you that thought Chinese was a language and should be taught instead of Arabic
Stop disgracing yourself here with your ignorance.
Stop being slow with your thought process.

It seems Chinese now speak Arabic. I pity your type from the
North

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

keep fighting for them on the pages of NL.. your bravery will save the day.. viva la loco, tu insanity es su familia cheesy
I will continue to speak out for them because your type want everyone to become a slave to that funny religion

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Lol owners of Arabic are still savages, lol! Keep telling yourself that while your cities hold unenviable title of the dirtiest city in the world and they hold the record of world tallest buildings and Many more...

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

sha don't enta market....

Who Religion epp....
Arabic is not needed in our curriculum because it has no value to us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

Lol owners of Arabic are still savages, lol! Keep telling yourself that while your cities hold unenviable title of the dirtiest city in the world and they hold the record of world tallest buildings and Many more...
Only about 5% of those arabic speakers today can be deemed enlightened. They are at best the Iranians, Qataris, Emiratis and Omani.

Saudi Arabia leads the pack for savage Arabic countries. An average Saudi thinks of killing for Islam like an Afghan and Yemeni

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by ephi321(f): 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
The muslim students are free to study whatever language or religion they choose to study AS LONG AS IT IS NOT IMPOSED OR MADE MANDATORY for non-Muslims either directly or indirectly, e.g. using the excuse of no French or CRK teacher to imply students are left with only the option of arabic.

Eod.
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Stop being slow with your thought process.

It seems Chinese now speak Arabic. I pity your type from the
North
For the sake of your teachers let me save them this further embarrassment from you.
There is no language called Chinese , What is spoken in China is either Mandarin or Cantonese.
Also know that teaching languages in school has so many factors that are considered. That is why you have a whole federal government agency in charge of syllabus. Which studies, analyzes and develops the syllabi in every category.
The main deciding factor is not for trade ties with a particular country, but mainly how diverse the populace is gonna interact with the rest of the world.
Nigeria has diplomatic ties with dozens of Arabic speaking countries, and it needs man power to make interactions easy between them.
English, French and Arabic speaking countries make up more than 90% of counties in which Nigeria has an embassy.
But people like you blinded by hate for anything related to Islam can only see the fault in it.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NNPC, Others Yet To Remit $22.06bn, N481.75bn To Federation Account / 'buratai Must Account For Spending On Lafiya Dole, Crocodile Smile’ - SERAP / Thousands Of Adamawa Youths Declare Support For Yahaya Bello 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.