Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:32 AM

The Truth About The New Curiculum - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About The New Curiculum (9211 Views)

The Truth About Abba Kyari’s Rumored Death And What We Discovered / The Truth About The Billionaire Adeleke Family From Osun State / Atiku Finally Reveals 'the Truth' About His Alleged Crimes In U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
APCsupporter:

good. keep wasting your energy. Arabic is here to stay.
In your dreams

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by APCsupporter: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
In your dreams

It's already more popular than English in Africa already. You have not seen anything yetcheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
APCsupporter:

It's already more popular than English in Africa already. You have not seen anything yetcheesy
I'm tired of your rants. You won but don't quote me again . Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by naturebase: 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Only about 5% of those arabic speakers today can be deemed enlightened. They are at best the Iranians, Qataris, Emiratis and Omani.

Saudi Arabia leads the pack for savage Arabic countries. An average Saudi thinks of killing for Islam like an Afghan and Yemeni

Iranians ain't Arabs nor do they speak Arabic. Just like many other countries in that region. They are Persians and they speak Farsi. I don't think you anything honestly. Educate yourself it's not hard at all nowadays. So instead of using your data to post senseless comments on NL, spend some time on google and even though Wikipedia is not 100% accurate, it will still help your life.
(Oya begin to dey fire now)

Thank you.
Stay blessed, One Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Emusan(m): 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
Iamwrath:
common gerarahia meeen , shhhyyt , No one is being forced to study Arabic ,

Also , the person you are quoting explained Arabic studies can only take effect in the North

In the east , or South west , it'll be harder to find arabic language teacher than to find a french teacher

try to go near something hot , maybe head will open

@bold is bone of contention here, if Arabic takes place mostly in the North, what about the Christians in the North?

Have you forgotten that either French or Arabic is COMPULSORY?

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
naturebase:

Iranians ain't Arabs nor do they speak Arabic. Just like many other countries in that region. They are Persians and they speak Farsi. I don't think you anything honestly. Educate yourself it's not hard at all nowadays. So instead of using your data to post senseless comments on NL, spend some time on google and even though Wikipedia is not 100% accurate, it will still help your life.
(Oya begin to dey fire now)

Thank you.
Stay blessed, One Nigeria.
Okay. You ve been noticed. Now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by abdulhadi101(m): 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Nonsense. I'm fighting for the Minority Christian in the North whom your Muslim politicians are trying to convert through the back door
lols...dat picture is exactly Y u will need Arabic, so dat yhu won't get the wrong translation grin just saying!!

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by naturebase: 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Okay. You ve been noticed. Now
Lol abeg ohh unnotice me.
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by jokepearl(f): 9:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
I went to school in the nineties (federal school) even then Arabic was in the curriculum.
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
abdulhadi101:
lols...dat picture is exactly Y u will need Arabic, so dat yhu won't get the wrong translation grin just saying!!
Do you know a Lot of Muslims have not read the quran completely because they don't understand Arabic? Begone from here biko

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Please tell me d countries so that i can learn
Arabic is the most spoken language in terms of first language speakers. So there are more first language speakers of Arabic in Africa than any other language. It does not have more speakers than English language if you are looking at second language speakers. But there more speakers of the language in Africa than even in Arabia.
Arabic is one of the 5 most spoken languages in the world.
As of 2016 there are 26 countries in the world where Arabic is an official language. They are:

Algeria, Bahrain, chad, comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen

It is spoken as an official language than Portuguese which is just ten countries.

French is spoken as an official language in about 31 countries out of which 26 are African countries. It makes sense therefore that it is in our curriculum.
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Arabic is the most spoken language in terms of first language speakers. So there are more first language speakers of Arabic in Africa than any other language. It does not have more speakers than English language if you are looking at second language speakers. But there more speakers of the language in Africa than even in Arabia.
Arabic is one of the 5 most spoken languages in the world.
As of 2016 there are 26 countries in the world where Arabic is an official language. They are:

Algeria, Bahrain, chad, comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen

It is spoken as an official language than Portuguese which is just ten countries.

French is spoken as an official language in about 31 countries out of which 26 are African countries. It makes sense therefore that it is in our curriculum.
we are talking official language and you are writing arabic epistle. Are you sure you are alright

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Origin(f): 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
See hating grin

I thought people will say remove French and put Hebrew.

But people want them to remove Arabic and leave French.

This reminds me of wise King Solomon: Two women fighting over a child; one shouts kill it, the other says its mine but rather than kill it give it to the other woman.

We have seen daily how intolerant Christians have and will be: For years only CRK was taught in schools (NO WAHALA), on our roads with bells and loudspeakers they preach disturbing the peace (NO WAHALA), they can enter your home invade your privacy all in the name of preaching (NO WAHALA).

But to allow their counterpart get what they want that will never affect the Christians. See shouts.

HYPOCRISY.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Salas4oru(m): 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
Some people spent hours here talking about the things they know nothing about, insulting others and reeling their hate on others. You can do a lil research to get facts

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by coptic: 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
What is good about Arabic to Nigeria Christians? We are anglophone country not Arabs. With the global Fight against terrorism Arabic language should be an abomination to Christian communities as new language. Who Arabic epp?? Terrorists favourite lingua franka...

Chinese or Portuguese is far more important than Arabic to Nigerians aside English Language. What do I need Allahu.akbar for??

Islamisation agenda is the Only Motive behind this scheme from the Sultanate domination. How many Muslims do we even have in Nigeria? With less than 41% una no go let pesin sleep sef!!

God bless you, my brother.
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
Wailers and looters like FFK and Wendel Simlin grasping at straws. Only Liepobs who are constantly seeking the opportunity to reinforce their beliefs that "they are hated" falls for this kind of gimmick.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
we are talking official language and you are writing arabic epistle. Are you sure you are alright
Sorry.
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by coptic: 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2017
APCsupporter:

keep quiet! what does Nigeria have to do with French!? Arabic has been in Nigeria for centuries, long before the English men came. Your hatred for Islam is beginning to take over your brain

And what has Nigeria to do with Arabic?

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by APCsupporter: 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
coptic:

And what has Nigeria to do with Arabic?

The fools are accusing the government of trying to Islamise Nigeria because of Arabic. what is Nigeria doing with French? At least Northerners used Arabic to read and write long before the whites came

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
APCsupporter:

The fools are accusing the government of trying to Islamise Nigeria because of Arabic. what is Nigeria doing with French? At least Northerners used Arabic to read and write long before the whites came

They are ok with french but they hate Arabic though they like 2 go Arab countries and study and even smuggle drugs.
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by coptic: 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
APCsupporter:

You know Nigerians are very sensitive people when it comes to religion and ethnicity.

Don't blame them for being worked up over the issue.

The move to me is totally uncalled for. Arabic has been taught in the north for years. I don't see the need to change that.

This education minister is one controversial man. Refer to seunmsg's comment for my reservations on this.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
coptic:

You know Nigerians are very sensitive people when it comes to religion and ethnicity.

Don't blame them for being worked up over the issue.

The move to me is totally uncalled for. Arabic has been taught in the north for years. I don't see the need to change that.

This education minister is one controversial man. Refer to seunmsg's comment for my reservations on this.

Na u they speak like this today. I study French instead of Arabic in primary school.
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Iamwrath: 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
Its optional, read it again
Emusan:

@bold is bone of contention here, if Arabic takes place mostly in the North, what about the Christians in the North?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Obashlino(m): 10:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
nigerians and quarrel.....
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
ephi321:
The muslim students are free to study whatever language or religion they choose to study AS LONG AS IT IS NOT IMPOSED OR MADE MANDATORY for non-Muslims either directly or indirectly, e.g. using the excuse of no French or CRK teacher to imply students are left with only the option of arabic.

Eod.

My school deliberately refuse to employ Arabic teacher and I was forced to study French Christian Studies. What do you call that?

cc

EazyMoh:

Tell yourself the truth, what are the odds of finding and Arabic teacher only in a school especially in the south?
Between a French and Arabic Teacher who is easier to employ? Who are in excess among our graduates? And who said if there is no French teachers students will forced to study Arabic?

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by ephi321(f): 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
NairalandHowTo:

My school deliberately refuse to employ Arabic teacher and I was forced to study French Christian Studies. What do you call that?

cc

I'm not ready to be engaging you people this night. Find someone else to talk to.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by coptic: 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
NairalandHowTo:

Na u they speak like this today. I study French instead of Arabic in primary school.

Lol.

What do you take me for na, a bigot?

grin

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
APCsupporter:

good. keep wasting your energy. Arabic is here to stay.

And there is nothing any useless sheep can do about it

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
Emusan:

It is optional and has been so decades ago
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
jokepearl:
I went to school in the nineties (federal school) even then Arabic was in the curriculum.
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by graphiti: 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

picking Arabic is makes more sense cuz we are surrounded by Arabic speaking nations to the north.. same way with french speaking nations too, for economic, bilateral reasons Arabic and French is our best bet. so it's a matter of choice pick French or Arabic. it's not by force to pick Arabic, you want Arabic pick, you want french pick... life goes on
I don't have any problem whatsoever with d Arabic/French option.......the misgiving is why CRS/IRS should be merged with civic. Why not leave them as they were? What will it cost to have civic and CRS/IRS as two SEPARATE subjects? I believe its better ds way. If crs and IRS are combined as a single subject under civic (sic) ..... do u teach d students both IRS and CRS irrespective of their religious inclinations?......sounds kinda weird undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Kingspin(m): 11:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:
Please provide proof so we can call the modes.
FFK, Reno and the rest of the Nigerian Islamophobes gang intentionally and mischievously added Islamic in front of Arabic Language just to cause mischief and further aggravate the hate and mistrust between Christians and Muslims.
You don't see anybody calling English language Christian English Studies Ridiculous right? Well that how it sounds when you try to label Arabic as only being Islamic.
I blame the Ministry of Education, Information and the presidency for not doing enough at least to try and dispel misinformation and hold those peddling wrong information accountable.
Also the ridiculous myth that there are more Arabic teachers than French teachers is outright lie!
How many government schools in Southern Nigeria have Arabic teacher? not to talk of Islamic Studies teacher.
I think it's high time this country is divided, enough with the blackmail of the north, Islam and Hausa/Fulani.
#KadunaDeclaration
So all this almajiris and Islamic school that full everywhere is not a enough. You better eat your religion or keep it to una themselves alone. The two religion should be remove instead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obiano Declares November 17 Public Holiday Over Anambra Election / Ambode: Between EFCC’s Noose And Lagos Assembly’s Dagger / SERAP Sues Buhari Over Failure To Publish Details Of ₦800 Billion Recovered Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.