Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

The Truth About The New Curiculum - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About The New Curiculum (8890 Views)

The Truth About Abba Kyari’s Rumored Death And What We Discovered / The Truth About The Billionaire Adeleke Family From Osun State / Atiku Finally Reveals 'the Truth' About His Alleged Crimes In U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
The world is a global village and there are economies today that have a high development prospects which bilateral trade with them will be important in the near future. In the Arab world the only economy that can stand out is Iran but they don't speak Arabic.

Chinese or Mandarin as the Case might be should be selected with French as International language for students

now you're talking without sentiments, exactly but our government would rather stick with what it's easy for them and cost effective.

Arabic teachers na sharp sharp to get, why waste (invest) in better languages for the betterment of this nation.
CAN, FFK and the likes would rather focus on origin of Arabic​ to drum up confusion. it's not fair on nigerians, we are being played to a different tune..

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
We need to either Teach both courses or remove both courses from our curriculum. The lazy Federal Government is just populated by biased bigots.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

now you're talking without sentiments, exactly but our government would rather stick with what it's easy for them and cost effective.

Arabic teachers na sharp sharp to get, why waste (invest) in better languages for the betterment of this nation.
CAN, FFK and the likes would rather focus on origin of Arabic​ to drum up confusion. it's not fair on nigerians, we are being played to a different tune..
CAN, FFK and Reno called the government out because its an obnoxious policy that breeds nobody any good.

You are afraid to say things the way they are because of ulterior motives. Continue deceiving yourself anumanu

Seunmsg i can see you are now seeing the truth
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
Billyonaire:
We need to either Teach both courses or remove both courses from our curriculum. The lazy Federal Government is just populated by biased bigots.
Teach Arabic shocked

What benefit will it have on our kids looking at the owners of the language and the prospect we can derive from them
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Teach Arabic shocked

What benefit will it have on our kids looking at the owners of the language and the prospect we can derive from them
Those at the North prefer to stay backwards now. You cant save a man who hates salvation. They just want to depend oil while stifling the growth and religious freedom of the people.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
CAN, FFK and Reno called the government out because its an obnoxious policy that breeds nobody any good.

You are afraid to say things the way they are because of ulterior motives. Continue deceiving yourself anumanu

Seunmsg i can see you are now seeing the truth

what ulterior motive abeg??
back with the insult and i thought I'm making progress with you, oh well. adiós

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
Billyonaire:
Those at the North prefer to stay backwards now. You cant save a man who hates salvation. They just want to depend oil while stifling the growth and religious freedom of the people.
This is the reason I'm speaking out
QueenOfNepal:
I've faced my business since but when i wanted to enroll my daughter in Federal government College Kaduna, she was denied admission with 90 score but Halima my neighbour's daughter got admission because she scored 11.

They called it quota system.

I called it cheating.

Ive decided to make it a burden to push the north to attain the educational height of the south so that my granddaughter won't suffer same fate
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

what ulterior motive abeg??
back with the insult and i thought I'm making progress with you, oh well. adiós

So i can't correct and warn my Son

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
y'all can scream, wail, claim internet activist, internet warriors ad infinitum.
fact still remain, Arabic language is not compulsory to learn, IRK and CRK are useless.

Religion and National Values is the best, let the students Learn to respect other religions. it will work better for this nation, since y'all too stupid to see what "my religion is the best" thought is doing to this country....

Bigots and Extremist alike..

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Iamwrath: 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
I don't challenge slow thinkers to debate. Thank you

Really ? Mama Amaka , you want to go down this route ? really ? i am having a field day here , You really don't want me in your posts

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Misterdhee1(m): 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
I've faced my business since but when i wanted to enroll my daughter in Federal government College Kaduna, she was denied admission with 90 score but Halima my neighbour's daughter got admission because she scored 11.

They called it quota system.

I called it cheating.

Ive decided to make it a burden to push the north to attain the educational height of the south so that my granddaughter won't suffer same fate
While i really share in ur sentiment, believe me, quota system is everywhere. Even here in Yorubaland, indigenes are more favored than non-indigenes during admission process.
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by APCsupporter: 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
reptile1:

Now shut the fvck if u have notin meaninful to say.

why French and Arabic? dont u have other languages to choose from? why is Nigerian always connected with anything Arabic? same way u have it on ur currencies and military uniform. if there's no sinister motive with such move then thy shud introduce French, German and Spanish languages in the recent curriculum

keep quiet! what does Nigeria have to do with French!? Arabic has been in Nigeria for centuries, long before the English men came. Your hatred for Islam is beginning to take over your brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by APCsupporter: 7:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
What is good about Arabic to Nigeria Christians? We are anglophone country not Arabs. With the global Fight against terrorism Arabic language should be an abomination to Christian communities as new language. Who Arabic epp?? Terrorists favourite lingua franka...

Chinese or Portuguese is far more important than Arabic to Nigerians aside English Language. What do I need Allahu.akbar for??

Islamisation agenda is the Only Motive behind this scheme from the Sultanate domination. How many Muslims do we even have in Nigeria? With less than 41% una no go let pesin sleep sef!!

oya go and remove Arabic let's see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Anasko(m): 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
I never know Nigerian pastors taught this hatred to their followers in their churches!!!! so pathetic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
Muideen Olaniyi

Senator Kabiru Ibrahim Gaya (ANPP, Kano South) has described the recent adjustment in the school curriculum by Federal Ministry of Education which leads to the replacement of the teaching of Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK) and Islamic Religious Knowledge (IRK) with civic education as unacceptable.Senator Gaya, in a goodwill message on the occasion of Christmas and New Year celebrations, urged Nigerians to be patient as everything is being done to reverse the trend.He called on the education ministry to, as matter of urgency, revert to the former curriculum as the status quo of civic education teaches nothing but immorality and government antagonism."The unity and faith in the Nigeria coat of arm symbolises faith in the two religions. I remember in our school days, a Ghanaian teacher taught us proudly on this, why at this time of our development are we throwing this to the trash can?"I also urge all Nigerians to be patient as all issues of national interest are being given accelerated attention. We in Nigeria know that no religion preaches terrorism so government should look for an avenue to negotiatewith all proponents to ensure security of lives and property of Nigerians," he also said.In a release signed by Senator Gaya, he rejoiced with Nigerian Christians and all Nigerians on the occasion of Christmas and New Year celebrations."As the year rolls to a close, we all will agree that the country passed through turbulent times particularly on security challenges. We in the senate promise Nigerians that the 2012 will be year that the senate will adjust to tackle fundamental issues of national interest. Nigerians will witness a robust legislative year in 2012," the release reads in part.

way back 2011

http://allafrica.com/stories/201112280517.html
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Misterdhee1(m): 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2017
Even though i am a Muslim, i do not subscribe to the introduction of Arabic into our educational curriculum, whether it is compulsory or not. There are many other more important diplomatic languages we can introduce into the system, not Arabic. Major parts of IRK already contains Arabic, so why make it a whole different subject on its own. Instead of languages, i expected this administration to introduce more tech-based subjects into the curriculum. This policy is in all honesty wrong and should be reversed ASAP.
Nevertheless, we should all be mindful of FFK and his ilks. They are politicians and surely have their strategies of causing division among us along ethnic and religious lines.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by APCsupporter: 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
What importance does Arabic studies have over Chinese who are the next economic world power.

Northern politicians are the dullest in the world because Religion is the only factor they consider[b] in every of their policy[/b]

This semi-literate again! always typing rubbish

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
CRK, IRK merger

The principal, who also spoke on merging of Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK) and Islamic Religious Knowledge(IRK), said there is no controversy on the merger; only lack of publicity by the authorities which led to lack of understanding on the part of schools and other stakeholders.His words: “There is no controversy and the merger has nothing to do with one’s religion because if you are a Muslim, you take only IRK and vice versa. The only issue is that the questions are merged – IRK andCRK. So if you are to take hundred questions, you willhave 110 questions set for Islamic studies and Christian religious studies. That means, you will leave 10 undone.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/basic-9-curriculum-implementation-disarray-teachers-students-confused/
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by nnokwa042(m): 7:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:
Please provide proof so we can call the modes.
FFK, Reno and the rest of the Nigerian Islamophobes gang intentionally and mischievously added Islamic in front of Arabic Language just to cause mischief and further aggravate the hate and mistrust between Christians and Muslims.
You don't see anybody calling English language Christian English Studies Ridiculous right? Well that how it sounds when you try to label Arabic as only being Islamic.
I blame the Ministry of Education, Information and the presidency for not doing enough at least to try and dispel misinformation and hold those peddling wrong information accountable.
Also the ridiculous myth that there are more Arabic teachers than French teachers is outright lie!
How many government schools in Southern Nigeria have Arabic teacher? not to talk of Islamic Studies teacher.
I think it's high time this country is divided, enough with the blackmail of the north, Islam and Hausa/Fulani.
#KadunaDeclaration
what did Arab with thier religion give to man kind if not backwardness and suicide bombing, check all the Muslim countries in the world and tell me what u see, we in in the south should be happy we did allow Islam in our mist if not today u will be hearing of suicide bombing committed by Easterners God forbid

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by ephi321(f): 7:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
Misterdhee1:
Even though i am a Muslim, i do not subscribe to the introduction of Arabic into our educational curriculum, whether it is compulsory or not. There are many other more important diplomatic languages we can introduce into the system, not Arabic. Major parts of IRK already contains Arabic, so why make it a whole different subject on its own. Instead of languages, i expected this administration to introduce more tech-based subjects into the curriculum. This policy is in all honesty wrong and should be reversed as long as possible. Nevertheless, we should all be mindful of FFKs and his ilks. They are politicians and surely have their strategies of causing division among us along ethnic and religious lines.

Well said.

Very retrogressive government. Nothing positive to bring to the table. Other countries are moving forward, we are here taking leaps backward.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2017

Arabic numerals... cheesy grin
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by reptile1: 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
APCsupporter:

keep quiet! what does Nigeria have to do with French!? Arabic has been in Nigeria for centuries, long before the English men came. Your hatred for Islam is beginning to take over your brain

Who is this mango?

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
What is good about Arabic to Nigeria Christians? We are anglophone country not Arabs. With the global Fight against terrorism Arabic language should be an abomination to Christian communities as new language. Who Arabic epp?? Terrorists favourite lingua franka...

Chinese or Portuguese is far more important than Arabic to Nigerians aside English Language. What do I need Allahu.akbar for??

Islamisation agenda is the Only Motive behind this scheme from the Sultanate domination. How many Muslims do we even have in Nigeria? With less than 41% una no go let pesin sleep sef!!
Arabic is the most widely spoken language in Africa. It is spoken even more than the English Language.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
APCsupporter:

You think everything is about Islam.

You need to emancipate yourself from religious slavery

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Arabic is the most widely spoken language in Africa. It is spoken even more than the English Language.
Please tell me d countries so that i can learn

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by APCsupporter: 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
You think everything is about Islam.

You need to emancipate yourself from religious slavery

Who is complaining about "islamisation" simply because of a language that is spoken by both Muslims and non-Muslims?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
APCsupporter:

Who is complaining about "islamisation" simply because of a language that is spoken by both Muslims and non-Muslims?
Arabic is of no benefit to your kind. Try to understand English very well before you bury yourself in a Language that is of no benefit to you

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by APCsupporter: 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2017
reptile1:

Who is this mango?
how can a mango be online?
*sings*
it is a common sense common sense. it is a common sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by APCsupporter: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Arabic is of no benefit to your kind. Try to understand English very well before you bury yourself in a Language that is of no benefit to you

Many of the words in my language are Arabic. We have been using it to keep records and write letters long before the whites came to spoon-feed you. You should be the one to focus on English. I can proudly speak both English and Arabic. kalbun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
APCsupporter:

Many of the words in my language are Arabic. We have been using it to keep records and write letters long before the whites came to spoon-feed you. You should be the one to focus on English. I can proudly speak both English and Arabic. kalbun
I won't give up emancipating your northern brethren from religious yoke

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by APCsupporter: 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
I won't give up emancipating your northern brethren from religious yoke

good. keep wasting your energy. Arabic is here to stay.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by slivertongue: 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
"I have not seen the details"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Disengaged Ogun Workers Congratulate Dapo Abiodun / 11 Feared Abducted As Bandits Attack Kaduna Village / If You Visit The EFCC Headquarters You Will Think That You Are In Northern Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.