Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

The Truth About The New Curiculum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About The New Curiculum (8901 Views)

The Truth About Abba Kyari’s Rumored Death And What We Discovered / The Truth About The Billionaire Adeleke Family From Osun State / Atiku Finally Reveals 'the Truth' About His Alleged Crimes In U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Iamwrath: 6:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
When you see twisted facts , know it's from PDP , they'll do anything to discredit Buhari

That's how they said Aregbesola has sold Osun state to Islamic bank

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 6:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
ephi321:
The muslim students are free to study whatever language or religion they choose to study AS LONG AS IT IS NOT IMPOSED OR MADE MANDATORY for non-Muslims either directly or indirectly, e.g. using the excuse of no French or CRK teacher to imply students are left with only the option of arabic.

Eod.
Tell yourself the truth, what are the odds of finding and Arabic teacher only in a school especially in the south?
Between a French and Arabic Teacher who is easier to employ? Who are in excess among our graduates? And who said if there is no French teachers students will forced to study Arabic?

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Arabic is not needed in our curriculum because it has no value to us.

me, no value to me. dude speak for yourself. most schools in the south don't offer irk. kogi state I served in a majority xtain community, all the UBE schools only one offers IRK others are CRK. in my ppa all students take crk or lose academic points. so what should those Muslim do.

you claim you're fighting for minority good for you, am fighting against religious bigots and sentiment​s.
i repeat again Arabic Language is not by force...

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by ephi321(f): 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

For the sake of your teachers let me save them this further embarrassment from you.
There is no language called Chinese , What is spoken in China is either Mandarin or Cantonese.

But that still doesn't change the fact that China is a world power.
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by ephi321(f): 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

Tell yourself the truth, what are the odds of finding and Arabic teacher only in a school especially in the south?
Between a French and Arabic Teacher who is easier to employ? Who are in excess among our graduates? And who said if there is no French teachers students will forced to study Arabic?

Tell myself the truth about what?
It's a very simple case, NO STUDENT must be forced to study arabic. That is the point.

Re: your last question, you seem not to have read the original thread as that was clearly stated there. And that actually is the bone of contention otherwise why would people be raising hullabaloo over the proposed change?
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by seunmsg(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
Binb:
The new curriculum merged Civic Education, IRS, CRK and Social Studies into "Religion and National Values". Each is separately taught and Christians don't offer IRS while Muslims don't offer CRS except they choose to.

Also, French and Arabic were introduced as subjects, students are expected to choose one of these languages.

Why should students be compelled to choose between French and Arabic? Is Arabic an official language in Nigeria? Is the subject just Arabic studies or Islamic Arabic studies? Why was Hebrew not made compulsory as well?

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Arabic is not needed in our curriculum because it has no value to us.

me, no value to me. dude speak for yourself. most schools in the south don't offer irk. kogi state I served in a majority xtain community, all the UBE schools only one offers IRK others are CRK. in my ppa all students take crk or lose academic points. so what should those Muslim do.

you claim you're fighting for minority good for you, am fighting against religious bigots and sentiment​s.
i repeat again Arabic Language is not by force... people who see a need for it will pick it...
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

For the sake of your teachers let me save them this further embarrassment from you.
There is no language called Chinese , What is spoken in China is either Mandarin or Cantonese.
Thanks. Chinese is used as an Overall language spoken by the people of China. It comprises Mandarin, Cantonese, Xang, Pin, Min and others so save your slow thought process for your Arabic northern haboki

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Iamwrath: 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
common gerarahia meeen , shhhyyt , No one is being forced to study Arabic ,

Also , the person you are quoting explained Arabic studies can only take effect in the North

In the east , or South west , it'll be harder to find arabic language teacher than to find a french teacher

try to go near something hot , maybe head will open

ephi321:

It's a very simple case, NO STUDENT must be forced to study arabic. That is the point.

Re: your last question, you seem not to have read the original thread as that was clearly stated there.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

i repeat again Arabic Language is not by force... people who see a need for it will pick it...
What benefit will Arabic language have on a student

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 6:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Only about 5% of those arabic speakers today can be deemed enlightened. They are at best the Iranians, Qataris, Emiratis and Omani.

Saudi Arabia leads the pack for savage Arabic countries. An average Saudi thinks of killing for Islam like an Afghan and Yemeni
You see your life again! Iranians are not Arabs, stop disgracing yourself!

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
Iamwrath:
common gerarahia meeen , shhhyyt , No one is being forced to study Arabic ,

Also , the person you are quoting explained Arabic studies can only take effect in the North

In the east , or South west , it'll be harder to find arabic language teacher than to find a french teacher

try to go near something hot , maybe head will open

What benefit will those student get from studying Arabic since they might have learnt it in their madrassa while growing up. These things always keep the North 1000 years backward

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Iamwrath: 6:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
If you are not a northerner , it's not your business when or how it'll benefit them Ok ?? and it's not your business if it'll send north back a million years

Face your business ma
QueenOfNepal:
What benefit will those student get from studying Arabic since they might have learnt it in their madrassa while growing up. These things always keep the North 1000 years backward

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

You see your life again! Iranians are not Arabs, stop disgracing yourself!
My mistake with Iranians because Farsi or Persian is the official language there but that doesn't change the fact that Arabic language is as useless as P in Psychology
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Dalek(m): 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
What benefit will Arabic language have on a student

same benefits French, Chinese, Dutch will have on them. a future prospect.
i believe there are more Arabic speakers in Nigeria than the rest of those languages​. it would be hard getting qualified teacher to teach other Foreign languages. even french teacher is low.

Arabic best suits the North, even here in Lagos french teacher are hired to come teach only on specific days as some private schools don't employ them permanently

instead of one nonsense alfa be teaching children diluted Arabic based on extremism, wouldn't it be better to regulate the teaching in a school.. i believe it will help the North better.

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2017
ephi321:

Re: your last question, you seem not to have read the original thread as that was clearly stated there. And that actually is the bone of contention otherwise why would people be raising hullabaloo over the proposed change?
Yeah I read that thread and this is what this thread is about to debunk those blatant lies!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
Iamwrath:
If you are not a northerner , it's not your business when or how it'll benefit them Ok ?? and it's not your business if it'll send north back a million years

Face your business ma
I've faced my business since but when i wanted to enroll my daughter in Federal government College Kaduna, she was denied admission with 90 score but Halima my neighbour's daughter got admission because she scored 11.

They called it quota system.

I called it cheating.

Ive decided to make it a burden to push the north to attain the educational height of the south so that my granddaughter won't suffer same fate

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by ephi321(f): 6:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

Yeah I read that thread and this is what this thread is about to debunk those blatant lies!

Blatant lies indeed.

In any case, everyone is watching and no one will accept arabic being compulsory. Eod.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dalek:

same benefits French, Chinese, Dutch will have on them. a future prospect.
i believe there are more Arabic speakers in Nigeria than the rest of those languages​. it would be hard getting qualified teacher to teach other Foreign languages. even french teacher is low.

Arabic best suits the North, even here in Lagos french teacher are hired to come teach only on specific days as some private schools don't employ them permanently

instead of one nonsense alfa be teaching children diluted Arabic based on extremism, wouldn't it be better to regulate the teaching in a school.. i believe it will help the North better.
The world is a global village and there are economies today that have a high development prospects which bilateral trade with them will be important in the near future. In the Arab world the only economy that can stand out is Iran but they don't speak Arabic.

Chinese or Mandarin as the Case might be should be selected with French as International language for students

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by ephi321(f): 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
It's such an irony that in a system where focus should be on increasing the number of children going to school and raising literacy levels particularly for core sciences and STEM (Science Technology Engineering Maths) in particular, what is being debated is making arabic compulsory. Talk about misplaced priorities. I can see we have a loooooooong way to go in this country.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by seanet02: 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
Keep deceiving yourself. My children will never learn Arabic by force. It is Yoruba and nothing else

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
My mistake with Iranians because Farsi or Persian is the official language there but that doesn't change the fact that Arabic language is as useless as P in Psychology
Yeah useless indeed says someone who's native language is going extinct.
In case you don't know even in recruitment excercise so of even western countries priority is giving to applicants who can speak foreign languages, and especially Arabic giving the number of missions they undergo in those regions. But you wouldn't know that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by seunmsg(m): 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:
Please provide proof so we can call the modes.
FFK, Reno and the rest of the Nigerian Islamophobes gang intentionally and mischievously added Islamic in front of Arabic Language just to cause mischief and further aggravate the hate and mistrust between Christians and Muslims.
You don't see anybody calling English language Christian English Studies Ridiculous right? Well that how it sounds when you try to label Arabic as only being Islamic.
I blame the Ministry of Education, Information and the presidency for not doing enough at least to try and dispel misinformation and hold those peddling wrong information accountable.
Also the ridiculous myth that there are more Arabic teachers than French teachers is outright lie!
How many government schools in Southern Nigeria have Arabic teacher? not to talk of Islamic Studies teacher.
I think it's high time this country is divided, enough with the blackmail of the north, Islam and Hausa/Fulani.
#KadunaDeclaration

I don't give a fvck about any of the religions but I don't understand why our students should be compelled to either study French or Arabic by force. If the ministry of education intends to encourage Nigerian students to study foreign languages, why should they be restricted to French and Arabic only? Why can't more popular languages like German, Spanish, Latin, Hebrew etc be introduced and made optional?

Considering the religious divide and the current ethnic tension in Nigeria, is it not wise to continue with the current arrangement of teaching subjects like CRK and IRK? What exactly do we want to achieve by introducing Arabic studies, a language associated with Islam? Why can't Hebrew, a language associated with Christianity be introduced as well?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
Where is my friends Pazienza Billyonaire and LordAdam
Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by ephi321(f): 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

In case you don't know even in recruitment excercise so of even western countries priority is giving to applicants who can speak foreign languages, and especially Arabic giving the number of missions they undergo in those regions. But you wouldn't know that.

You are likely referring to the UN and maybe Red cross, which is because a number of those missions are countries which are war torn due to terrorism. No global company based in the West gives priority to arabic during recruitment.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
The world is a global village and there are economies today that have a high development prospects which bilateral trade with them will be important in the near future. In the Arab world the only economy that can stand out is Iran but they don't speak Arabic.

Chinese or Mandarin as the Case might be should be selected with French as International language for students
How many countries speak Mandarin compared to those that speak Arabic?
How many countries teach their students "Chinese" because of China's economic strength.
You just keep throwing incoherent banters without any bearing.
Just say you hate anything Arabic because it's a language Muslims speak and you hate them. We will understand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by EazyMoh(m): 6:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
ephi321:

You are likely referring to the UN and maybe Red cross, which is because a number of those missions are countries which are war torn due to terrorism. No global company based in the West gives priority to arabic during recruitment.
I meant recruitment into their armed forces.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Iamwrath: 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
Beta return to your hometown where quota system will be in your favor

Or haven't you heard of the quit notice ?

QueenOfNepal:
I've faced my business since but when i wanted to enroll my daughter in Federal government College Kaduna, she was denied admission with 90 score but Halima my neighbour's daughter got admission because she scored 11.

They called it quota system.

I called it cheating.

Ive decided to make it a burden to push the north to attain the educational height of the south so that my granddaughter won't suffer same fate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

My native language is not what's being debated here.

Those Western countries that study Arabic do so because of their foreign policy. The Arab world is a large bed of crude oil with no indigent expertise so every developed society see it as a Pie to be cut from.

The same Oil the Arab world has is what Nigeria has with same lack of technical know how about Extraction and Refining.

We need to move Far East where manufacturing is the ready gold and there are prospects of knowledge transfer and exchange.

The Arabic language should be in the cooler for now for a country that want to move ahead.

Nigeria as a developing country needs to learn the intricacies of developed economies instead of some backyard language

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by ephi321(f): 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

I meant recruitment into their armed forces.

Still the same thing.

In terms of competitive advantage in global commercial companies, arabic does not feature as a sought after foreign language.

In any case, the relevance of arabic is not the issue here. The issue here is no student must be mandated to study arabic. No more, no less.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
EazyMoh:

How many countries speak Mandarin compared to those that speak Arabic?
How many countries teach their students "Chinese" because of China's economic strength.
You just keep throwing incoherent banters without any bearing.
Just say you hate anything Arabic because it's a language Muslims speak and you hate them. We will understand.
We have close to a Billion Mandarin speakers in the world and you want to compare it to Arabic speakers. A lot of African countries today are thinking East and not looking at the Arab world whose only benefit is religion.

I don't hate Islam rather i hate the backwardness the North will be learning Arabic instead of Chinese

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The New Curiculum by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
Iamwrath:
Beta return to your hometown where quota system will be in your favor

Or haven't you heard of the quit notice ?

I don't challenge slow thinkers to debate. Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Supporters Hospitalised As Kwara APC Factions Clash / Epileptic Power Supply: Nigeria To Partner Egypt On Electricity Generation / Ogun First Lady, Bamidele Abiodun, Emerges African Iconic Woman Of The Year 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.