Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,260 members, 7,839,321 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Questions To Answer About Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Questions To Answer About Marriage (863 Views)

Please What's The Honest Answer About This Chat WRONG/RIGHT / 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Chasing A Girl For Over 12 Months (Pics) / 10 Deep Questions To Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions To Answer About Marriage by LarryBeryl(m): 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
I will spare you the grammar and go straight to my questions.

Is MARRIAGE about the couples or the unborn children?
Should genotype determine who you marry?

please, elaborate you answer with brief points. Thanks.
Re: Questions To Answer About Marriage by samyfreshsmooth(m): 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2017

Re: Questions To Answer About Marriage by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
LarryBeryl:
I will spare you the grammar and go straight to my questions.

Is MARRIAGE about the couples or the unborn children?
Should genotype determine who you marry?

please, elaborate you answer with brief points. Thanks.

In all cases, I'll say it's about the couple(s),
In some cases I shall include: And then the children.
Regardless of whether or not they plan on having children (biological or otherwise), it should be about 2 people who not only love,care, provide, etc. for each other but are also COMPATIBLE. Compatible personalities is a very important aspect of marriage which from what I gather, not a lot of people seem to focus on.

In my opinion, genotype and all that should only come into play if you both intend on having biological children, otherwise it's not relevant

1 Like

Re: Questions To Answer About Marriage by LarryBeryl(m): 11:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
WildWine:

In all cases, I'll say it's about the couple(s),
In some cases I shall include: And then the children.
Regardless of whether or not they plan on having children (biological or otherwise), it should be about 2 people who not only love,care, provide, etc. for each other but are also COMPATIBLE. Compatible personalities is a very important aspect of marriage which from what I gather, not a lot of people seem to focus on.

In my opinion, genotype and all that should only come into play if you both intend on having biological children, otherwise it's not relevant

In my opinion, during the early years of our country less or no consideration was given to genotype yet marriages last longer but with of course series of stillborn due to fatal health cases but yet! Marriages maintain its status and children are given birth to.

But in recent years where we greatly consider genotype over other functions of marriage like happiness, commitment, love, care, trust e.t.c we tend to have loads of broken homes, divorce cases and single parenting.....

My take; I can't let genotype force me to marry a woman I love second to my real love.
Re: Questions To Answer About Marriage by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
LarryBeryl:

In my opinion, during the early years of our country less or no consideration was given to genotype yet marriages last longer but with of course series of stillborn due to fatal health cases but yet! Marriages maintain its status and children are given birth to.

But in recent years where we greatly consider genotype over other functions of marriage like happiness, commitment, love, care, trust e.t.c we tend to have loads of broken homes, divorce cases and single parenting.....

My take; I can't let genotype force me to marry a woman I love second to my real love.

Yeah, I get your point. I really do.
I'm not saying anyone should marry their 2nd choice because of genotype, but rather that IF they're looking to have biological children, then the genotype factor shouldn't be ignored.
For me, I have no intention of having children and so the genotype factor is totally irrelevant.

But as a general basis, if 2 people love each other and then the not compatible/negative genotype comes into play, the "more generous" thing to do will be to make alternative plans such as adoption, instead of biological birth that could lead to life long issues.

1 Like

Re: Questions To Answer About Marriage by MistadeRegal(m): 12:03am On Jun 20, 2017
Marriage is about everything on your list. Because you don't wish to marry and start brooding over having no children.
If you no gree marry- problem. Marry finish no pikin- problem. Born pikin finish- them go still find complaint.
So just ignore what the 'world' have to say and live your life godly.

1 Like

Re: Questions To Answer About Marriage by LarryBeryl(m): 12:09am On Jun 20, 2017
MistadeRegal:
Marriage is about everything on your list.
Because you don't wish to marry and start brooding over having no children.

If you no gree marry- problem.
Marry finish no pikin- problem.
Born pikin finish- them go still find complaint.

So just ignore what the 'world' have to say and live your life godly.

Thanks, Still we have issues of Barrenness among couples with strong/good genotypes isn't that correct? then why trade our happiness for sake of genotype as medical analysts advises.... People survived without being able to check their genotype over the years....
Re: Questions To Answer About Marriage by MistadeRegal(m): 12:39am On Jun 20, 2017
LarryBeryl:

Thanks, Still we have issues of Barrenness among couples with strong/good genotypes isn't that correct? then why trade our happiness for sake of genotype as medical analysts advises.... People survived without being able to check their genotype over the years....

Chop knuckles.
Re: Questions To Answer About Marriage by swagguElite(m): 2:06am On Jun 20, 2017
WildWine:

Yeah, I get your point. I really do.
I'm not saying anyone should marry their 2nd choice because of genotype, but rather that IF they're looking to have biological children, then the genotype factor shouldn't be ignored.
For me, I have no intention of having children and so the genotype factor is totally irrelevant.

But as a general basis, if 2 people love each other and then the not compatible/negative genotype comes into play, the "more generous" thing to do will be to make alternative plans such as adoption, instead of biological birth that could lead to life long issues.
yo! ...bro ...you have no intention of having children ...seriously! ...OR did I read it all wrong!

Why would you hv no intention of keeping your bloodline from extinction? ... Am surprised! ...it is rare! ...an average Nigerian give birth to children according to the number fingers on his hand but you want none of that ... You dont even want any children! ... I would love to know your reason ...Bro!
Re: Questions To Answer About Marriage by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
swagguElite:
yo! ...bro ...you have no intention of having children ...seriously! ...OR did I read it all wrong!

Why would you hv no intention of keeping your bloodline from extinction? ... Am surprised! ...it is rare! ...an average Nigerian give birth to children according to the number fingers on his hand but you want none of that ... You dont even want any children! ... I would love to know your reason ...Bro!

Yes, Seriously. No you didn't read it all wrong.
As a general statement, my "family line" won't get extinct because I have breeder siblings but that actually has no impact on my decision. The human race won't get extinct either.

Nope, I don't want any children.
I have too many reasons, reasons I've been listing since I was about 14, I'm so tired now and I really don't want to digress or worse hijack someone else's thread.
It's pretty self-explanatory​ to be honest.
But, basic stuff.
Parenthood or Being child free is a choice, not a requirement. It's not a necessity for anything in my life. I don't need to have one, I don't want to have one.

(1) (Reply)

Sonia Sonee Apologises To Access Bank Staff. (photo) / Five Simple Tricks To Grow Your Hair Faster. / How To Avoid Fight With Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.