Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan (2061 Views)

Former MD NNPC Handover to New MD NNPC,Dr. Ibe Kachuikwu Today / Basketmouth Wants GEJ To Handover To Buhari Now!! / Suleiman Abba Handover To Solomon Arase (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2010
nduchuks

There is no need to be abusive over this issue. I don't think you will resort to abuses if you had a credible argument.

The sections of the constitution are not written for the President to choose whether a President should obey them or not.

the word 'whenever' was not there to waterdown the importance of that section of the constitution nor is it intended to make the section objectionable. It is just there to show that this operetion may occur as many times as necessary or it may not even happen at all depening on whether there ever exist a situation where the President is unable to perform his duties.

The options here are whether a scenario when the President is unable to perform the functions of his office ever arise not whether the President has any choice on how to react to such a scenario.

If the debate here is whether such a scenario has played out at all. Well yes it has and there is proof. The Situation where an outgoing Judge swears in the Incoming Judge against the provisions of separation of power is 1. A situation where the vicePresident has to deploy the military in Jos is another.

By the way in case you think the President has the power to choose when to and when not to obey the constitution consider section 1 below.

1. (1) This Constitution is supreme and its provisions shall have binding force on the authorities and persons throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(2) The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall not be governed, nor shall any persons or group of persons take control of the Government of Nigeria or any part thereof, except in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution.

(3) If any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this Constitution, this Constitution shall prevail, and that other law shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be void.

Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 26, 2010
So my brother Nduchucks

Let no one or don't try to decieve others using semantics.

President Yar'adua is violating the constitution and he is violating it on a very serious issue capable of threatening the National Security of Nigeria and that's gross misconduct on his part.

And finally stop reading the constitution selectively and stop reading the sections in isolation.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by FACE(m): 11:08pm On Jan 26, 2010
Quote from: ndu_chucks on Today at 01:03:15 PM
[b]I have been wasting my time trying to have a reasonable discussion with you people. Your statements above makes one think that you are simpletons and ignoramuses.   Let me inform you that there are house/senate rules that must be followed and several motions voted upon before an issue is finally brought to the full senate for debate and voting.  Specifically, there are committees that must first agree to table issues for discussions in the commitees befores the issues can ever be tabled on the full floor for debate. If you don't know that a handful of senators can stall procedings, then you people are not very bright.

Here is your homework: go and find out which south/south senators belong to the commitees responsible for initiating the actions that could make Jonathan the acting president. Once you have that answer, things will be clearer to you. It is not enough to wish your points away, you need to know the facts.
Divide and rule is the new keyword that you people are using to support your denials, ko? Continue to bury your heads in the sand, until kudunkudu(or guluso - that ant-like creature that walks backwards that lives in the sand) gouges your eyes out. I noticed that people like Dede1 have come to offer you moral support on the one hand, while  calling you people idiots and fools on the other.   Serves you right.

Your dear governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha is currently praying that the court compel the Federal Government and the National Assembly to reinstate him as the governor of the state. I suppose pointing out that that man is a thief that belongs in jail will be tantamount to using a divide and rule tactic on you. Dan tselewa!

@Wily+Wily, what will be the location of you suicide when your favourite daughter elopes and marries a hausa-fulani man?[/b]

Ndu_chuks, I have no time for dimwits and would not waste my time addressing their (your) silly aspersions.

If there is no provision in the Constitution to enable Jonathan becoming acting president, what legal standing would your fictitious (mainly in your mind) "committee" have discussing that possibility? O.K, lets assume you are correct, are you trying to say that the SS committee members are in the majority, Dan Iska duru -uwa dan tselewa mahukaci (you probably think you have a monopoly to expletives, just like your murderous knife wielding brethren, banzan yaro iska) ?

I am from the SE, Umuahia to be precise and I have defended people from all corners of Nigeria. I believe in equity and know where I stand on issues. Just because I have said that Jonathan should act if Yaradua is unable to does not automatically make a Bayelsan or Alamieseigha my governor.

Yes you are correct, Yaradua has not violated the Constitution in any way. He is simply unable to act on or violate the Constitution because he is either dead or does not have any control of his awareness.

I believe in the following and I would like to know where you stand:

1. Full resource control with 20% tax to the centre (loose federation)
2. State of residence rather than state of origin
3. Equal opportunity and merit in place of quota system and federal character
4. Freedom of worship (no state religion)
5. Smooth transition of power without ethnic bias
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2010
Ibime:

hahahaha. . . whats next. . . Northern Senators accuse South-East of frustrating constiution amendment?

We've heard all these divide and rule tactics from the North before. . . it may be true that some SS senators oppose handover to Jonathan, but that is a drop in the ocean compared to the no of Northern senators who oppose handover.

If Im lying, how many seats does South-South hold in the Senate?

Thats the big question
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by nduchucks: 12:33am On Jan 27, 2010
FACE:

If there is no provision in the Constitution to enable Jonathan becoming acting president, what legal standing would your fictitious (mainly in your mind) "committee" have discussing that possibility? O.K, lets assume you are correct, are you trying to say that the SS committee members are in the majority, Dan Iska duru -uwa dan tselewa mahukaci  (you probably think you have a monopoly to expletives, just like your murderous knife wielding brethren, banzan yaro iska) ? 

e be like say you sef get some ting in common with the great Zik of Africa, given the way you are attempting to knack hausa.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

FACE:

I am from the SE, Umuahia to be precise and I have defended people from all corners of Nigeria. I believe in equity and know where I stand on issues. Just because I have said that Jonathan should act if Yaradua is unable to does not automatically make a Bayelsan or Alamieseigha my governor. 

ngwanu, I admit prematurely jumping into the conclusion that you are from the Niger Delta area. I apologize for that - there is nothing inferior about being from the Niger Delta by the way.

FACE:

I believe in the following and I would like to know where you stand:

Some sort of federation is in order with full resource control and an appropriate amount of tax.  I would however exclude oil and gas resources discovered, drilled, and marketed, with the financial resources of  Nigeria.  I'd be OK with 100% control of newly discovered oil, as long as the states used their own resources to discover the oil.  All existing oil will remain the property of the federal government. All offshore oil found and not yet found must remains the property of the federal government.

Lazy south/south states that have invested absolutely nothing, should gain nothing from existing oil wells.

I'm 100% in agreement with this.

So you see, we are not very far apart as you initially though.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by RichyBlacK(m): 12:39am On Jan 27, 2010
Please allow me to just chip in that Nigeria has the most useless government in our solar system. Thank you.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by nduchucks: 12:46am On Jan 27, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Please allow me to just chip in that Nigeria has the most useless government in our solar system. Thank you.

Please allow me to state that the members of the Nigerian government are not aliens from Mars or the Moon, but Nigerians like yourself. What has been your participation in the government? If you've been on the sidelines and have allowed the so called useless government to continue to rule you without protesting, what does that make you? A useless citizen?
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Ibime(m): 1:02am On Jan 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Some sort of federation is in order with full resource control and an appropriate amount of tax.  I would however exclude oil and gas resources discovered, drilled, and marketed, with the financial resources of  Nigeria.  I'd be OK with 100% control of newly discovered oil, as long as the states used their own resources to discover the oil. 

Its funny how people can purport to be educated and democratic, yet come up with ridiculous arguments to protect the status quo.

Mugu, Nigeria has never spent a penny exploring and discovering oilfields. All oilfields discovered are discovered by private entreprenuers such as Shell, Agip etc who buy exploration licences from the Federal Government. So please parasite, come up with a different excuse and stop claiming credit for investment carried out by the private sector.

The only time Federal money has ever been used in oil exploration in Nigeria is the wasteful exploration for non-existent oilfields in Lake Chad. Yes, Federal Govt have spent money on oil exploration . . . but only in Hausaland!  cheesy Other than that, oil exploration is the role of the private sector.

The mentality of folks like Ndu-Chuks is exactly the mentality of the Northern parasite, hence his undemocratic and barbaric way of reasoning.

The Northerners never wanted to join Nigeria in 1960. They knew they were ill-equipped to compete in the modern world, and wanted to develop at their own pace like Mali, Chad, Gambia etc. Hence the North see just reason to control the centre and hold everyone back. All Southerners in Nigeria are progressive and competitive. We can compete in the modern world, whether that be in the field of technology, science, medicine, etc. Please Ndu-chucks, tell your parasite brothers to stop taking us back to the stone-age. We would like to progress. Thank you very much!
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by udezue(m): 1:08am On Jan 27, 2010
Ibime:

Its funny how people can purport to be educated and democratic, yet come up with ridiculous arguments to protect the status quo.

Mugu, Nigeria has never spent a penny exploring and discovering oilfields. All oilfields discovered are discovered by private entreprenuers such as Shell, Agip etc who buy exploration licences from the Federal Government. So please parasite, come up with a different excuse.

The only time Federal money has ever been used in oil exploration in Nigeria is the wasteful exploration for non-existent oilfields in Lake Chad. Yes, Federla Govt have spent money on oil exploration . . . but only in Hausaland! cheesy Other than that, oil exploration is the role of the private sector.

The mentality of folks like Ndu-Chuks is exactly the mentality of the Northern parasite, hence his undemocratic and barbaric way of reasoning.

The Northerners never wanted to join Nigeria in 1960. They knew they were ill-equipped to compete in the modern world, and wanted to develop at their own pace like Mali, Chad, Gambia etc. Hence the North see just reason to control the centre and hold everyone back. All Southerners in Nigeria are progressive and competitive. We can compete in the modern world, whether that be in the field of technology, science, medicine, etc. Please Ndu-chucks, tell your parasite brothers to stop taking us back to the stone-age. We would like to progress. Thank you very much!

GBAM!!! Ndi ota gworo
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by nduchucks: 1:18am On Jan 27, 2010
Ibime,

Your attempt at trivializing oil exploration in Nigeria and stating that Nigeria only sells exploration rights to companies such as shell, without investing any financial or other resources is lame. Be that as it may, none of your Niger Delta states invested a single kobo in the ventures either. My response to FACE's questions stand.

All lands that are currently processed for oil, remain federal property and will remain so for the foreseeable future. May I ask you what other resources can be found in the Niger Delta area?

Back to the thread's topic: Would you be kind enough to help us explain why your niger delta governors are working to thwart efforts to make Jonathan, acting President?

@udezue, kedu kordi?
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by RichyBlacK(m): 1:25am On Jan 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Please allow me to state that the members of the Nigerian government are not aliens from Mars or the Moon, but Nigerians like yourself. What has been your participation in the government? If you've been on the sidelines and have allowed the so called useless government to continue to rule you without protesting, what does that make you? A useless citizen?

Very good point and excellent question.

I found out early that I could not beat them, and I did not want to join them either, so, I checked out. I gave up and traveled to Somalia to chill - that was before those terrorist al-Shabab mofos arrived.

In summary, I gave up on living under the rule of the most useless government in the solar-system.

Does that make me a coward? Not really, because I'm fighting al-Shabab in Somalia.
Does that make me selfish? Not really, because I left to make life for my wife and kids more meaningful - I thought beyond self.
Does that disqualify me from speaking about the uselessness of the Nigerian government? Don't think so because I still maintain my Nigerian citizenship even though it only costs $50 to renounce my Nigerian citizenship!

Okay, just wanted to make sure I didn't forget to chip in that Nigeria has the most useless government in the solar system.

The good news here is that it used to be the most useless in the cosmos until the intergalactic radio news announced last night that the nation of Kalamuzgi in planet HD 1461 c has been determined to have a new government more useless than the Nigerian government.

There is hope that we may improve to the most useless government on earth if the coup in the nation of Gagazoop in planet Uranus produces an expectably super-useless government like in Nigeria. Let's hope this turns out to be the case.

I'm plugged in to FM 787 an intergalactic radio station and will keep you guys informed. Thanks.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Ibime(m): 1:38am On Jan 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Ibime,

Your attempt at trivializing oil exploration in Nigeria and stating that Nigeria only sells exploration rights to companies such as shell, without investing any financial or other resources is lame. Be that as it may, none of your Niger Delta states invested a single kobo in the ventures either.

Parasite, incase you dont know it was the British who initially gave the licences to the private coys, and they did not ask Nigeria for a single penny after independence on the inane assumption that "they made the initial investment."

Gworro will soon tell us they used their groundnut money to carry out exploration hence they deserve all the black gold underneath Nigerian soil. I guess this parasite is just as archaic as his elders.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by nduchucks: 1:47am On Jan 27, 2010
@Richyblack, nothing do you, my brother.

Ibime:

Parasite, incase you dont know it was the British who initially gave the licences to the private coys, and they did not ask Nigeria for a single penny after independence on the inane assumption that "they made the initial investment."

Gworro will soon tell us they used their groundnut money to carry out exploration hence they deserve all the black gold underneath Nigerian soil. I guess this parasite is just as archaic as his elders.

Do you have the intellectual capability to answer simple questions relating to this thread at all? Let me repeat my question:  Would you be kind enough to help us explain why your niger delta governors are working to thwart efforts to make Jonathan, acting President?

If you are an uninformed Niger Delta son, just ignore the question. olodo

Here's your homework: How much equity does the Federal Government of Nigeria have in the oil companies such as Shell? In the maintime note that under the Production Sharing Contracts signed -SNEPCO; the Sixth Participation Agreement; are as follows: (NNPC=55%, Shell=30%, Elf= 10%, Agip=5%). So if you think the nigerian government invests nothing, you are dead wrong.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Ibime(m): 2:35am On Jan 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Here's your homework: How much equity does the Federal Government of Nigeria have in the oil companies such as Shell? In the maintime note that under the Production Sharing Contracts signed -SNEPCO; the Sixth Participation Agreement; are as follows: (NNPC=55%, Shell=30%, Elf= 10%, Agip=5%). So if you think the nigerian government invests nothing, you are dead wrong.

Parasite, FG has 55% equity does not mean they invested 55% in the business. It means they will receive 55% of any oil that comes out the well after the private coy have recovered their initial cost of exploration. In other words, 55% refers to the amount FG will come and eat after Shell and Agip have laboured to bring the oil out of the ground. The only thing FG did to ensure their 55% equity was to give the coys access to Niger Delta land.

In other words, soon as we agree to who owns the land (ie Resource control), the 55% equity changes hand from FG to the local community.

You cannot say you support Resource Control, and then make exceptions. . . . speaking with two tongues like an uneducated buffoon. . . . Resource control is exactly what it means. . . that local communities own their ancestral lands.

Now, when you are done, go and read up on the military-instituted Petroleum Act and Land Act, the illegal acts introduced in the 1970's, by which FG can seize land from anyone and any community without adequate compensation. All for you to come here and open your uneducated mouth to tell me about oil wells sitting on Federal land. There is no such thing as Federal land.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by nduchucks: 3:08am On Jan 27, 2010
Ibime, you can discuss issues without being an a.sshole, calling people parasites serves no useful purpose whatsoever. I repeat that stating that the Nigerian government has invested no money towards oil production, refineries and the like, is completely false.  You can continue to believe what you wish.

The point remains that, if you and your ilk believe that the Federal government will hand over all existing oil  fields to you, then you are completely naive and senseless.

Stop dodging my questions - I ask again:

(1) Would you be kind enough to help us explain why your niger delta governors are working to thwart efforts to make Jonathan, acting President?

(2)What other resources besides oil, do you have or would like to control in the Niger Delta?
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Ibime(m): 3:36am On Jan 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

The point remains that, if you and your ilk believe that the Federal government will hand over all existing oil fields to you, then you are completely naive and senseless.

Of course its naive to expect parasites to leave their host without a fight, hence we will continue to fight and disrupt.

ndu_chucks:

(1) Would you be kind enough to help us explain why your niger delta governors are working to thwart efforts to make Jonathan, acting President?

I am enlightened enough not to concern myself with personal sturvs. I am only concerned with the smooth running of institutions. All this talk of SS senators is a convenient excuse for them not to do their job in the first place. What is the job of the speaker of the house? Is it not his job to put the motion before the senate? If they were genuine, they would be putting pressure on him, not yarning opata about a handful of senators who have no power.

ndu_chucks:

(2)What other resources besides oil, do you have or would like to control in the Niger Delta?

Apart from natural resources, the only thing any people can use to enhance themselves is education and knowledge. All educational indices in Nigeria show that the people of Niger-Delta (& Southern Nigeria as a whole) are well equipped to compete in the modern world unlike illiterate parasites who depend on the natural resources of their host for survival.

Resource control is about control of land and water, and nothing else. There is no such thing as Federal land. Every piece of land in the Niger Delta is owned by a community. There is no single uninhabited island in Niger-Delta for FG to call its own.

In the Amazon in Brazil, every tribe has the right to do whatever they want with the land that surrounds their territory. If they want to sell it, they can. If they want to leave it as nature intended, they can. A quarter of the Brazilian Amazon is owned by tribes. You cannot mine, log or do anything on those designated lands without coming to agreement with the tribe who owns it.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Nobody: 4:04am On Jan 27, 2010
sounds like some are not debating constitution anymore?
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by ayo84(m): 7:00am On Jan 27, 2010
you see i'v said it before there's no unity in the south, bunch of back stabbers , that's why we in the south might not move forward,we need to be as united as the south
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by ayo84(m): 7:01am On Jan 27, 2010
you see i'v said it before there's no unity in the south, bunch of back stabbers , that's why we in the south might not move forward,we need to be as united as the north
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by FACE(m): 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

ngwanu, I admit prematurely jumping into the conclusion that you are from the Niger Delta area. I apologize for that - there is nothing inferior about being from the Niger Delta by the way.

Some sort of federation is in order with full resource control and an appropriate amount of tax. I would however exclude oil and gas resources discovered, drilled, and marketed, with the financial resources of Nigeria. I'd be OK with 100% control of newly discovered oil, as long as the states used their own resources to discover the oil. All existing oil will remain the property of the federal government. All offshore oil found and not yet found must remains the property of the federal government.

Lazy south/south states that have invested absolutely nothing, should gain nothing from existing oil wells.

Obviously you think that it is inferior to be from Niger delta, otherwise you wont make that patronising statement without any form of provocation or pressure to declare that they are not inferior. That came straight out of the blue and reflects your true feelings and I don't need to be a psychologist to tell that.

Furthermore, you went ahead and called them lazy and callously stated that they should gain nothing from existing oil wells because you think that they have invested nothing.

You forget the human lives they have invested and are still investing. Yes, some will die early death because they drink from polluted water. Some will not be able to farm because they have lost their farm lands. Yes, they are investing but not by choice as they would not knowingly destroy their other means of livelihood because they want oil to flow. If they invested by choice, oil would still flow but they would make oil companies to act the way the oil companies act while taking oil from Scotland i.e without destroying the environment in the process.

Talking about lazy, we all know who is lazy in Nigeria, refusing to go to school (even with all the quota system and educationally disadvantaged rubbish) begging shamelessly on our streets and embarking on killing spree at the slightest drop of hat.

With regards to Nigeria investment in oil exploration, let me see. Hmmm, O.K the centre can have back N10,000 (quite generous) cost for the pen and papers they used for signing MOUs with the oil companies. But wait a minute. No, the federal govt should first refund the millions of dollars their agents have stolen from oil revenue.

Resource control means resource control without exceptions. Why do you think that you are going to die without oil ? Very strange and lazy mindset.

By the way, SS governors are in the minority. The real stumbling block to the filling of the power vacuum in Abuja is the North.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by nduchucks: 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2010
@Ibime, The question I meant to ask you is as follows: What other natural resources do you have in the Niger Delta besides oil, and how have those been developed? Once again, if you don't have an answer, just state as such.

@Ibime and FACE, your irrelevant rants about off topic issues will be ignored. If you have not yet figured it out, the point I am trying to drive in your skull is that, resource control has to be negotiated in the appropriate manner among interested parties. It behooves interested parties to negotiate from a position of strength, which will come through an understanding of the strong views of other stake holders.

You will never be given 100% resource control as you expect without employing the most sophisticated negotiating tools available to you. An important component of these tools is an understanding of the realities of what you cannot have, unless you are willing to use force.

You can keep dreaming all you want.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by nduchucks: 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2010
mikeansy:

sounds like some are not debating constitution anymore?

Contrary to your belief that Yar'Adua is in violation of section 145 of the constitution, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) is expected to receive later today a 7-day ultimatum from the Senate within which to produce a comprehensive report on President Umaru Yar’adua’s health status. This was the conclusion arrived at by senators after 5 hours’ intense debate behind closed doors in Abuja.

If the Senators believe that Yar'Adua is in violation of any constitutional provision, they would have started an impeachment proceeding. ko kwa?
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Contrary to your belief that Yar'Adua is in violation of section 145 of the constitution, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) is expected to receive later today a 7-day ultimatum from the Senate within which to produce a comprehensive report on President Umaru Yar’adua’s health status. This was the conclusion arrived at by senators after 5 hours’ intense debate behind closed doors in Abuja.

If the Senators believe that Yar'Adua is in violation of any constitutional provision, they would have started an impeachment proceeding. ko kwa?

Do you not think the reason he has been given an ultimatum to act in accordance to the provisions of section 145 is because they reason he should have acted accordingly in the first place and as such in violation of that section of the constitution?

You think an  impeachment process begins from no where? let him not act accordingly within the next 7 days and lets see the Senate reaction.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by FACE(m): 5:12pm On Jan 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

@Ibime, The question I meant to ask you is as follows: What other natural resources do you have in the Niger Delta besides oil, and how have those been developed? Once again, if you don't have an answer, just state as such.

@Ibime and FACE, your irrelevant rants about off topic issues will be ignored. If you have not yet figured it out, the point I am trying to drive in your skull is that, resource control has to be negotiated in the appropriate manner among interested parties. It behooves interested parties to negotiate from a position of strength, which will come through an understanding of the strong views of other stake holders.

You will never be given 100% resource control as you expect without employing the most sophisticated negotiating tools available to you. An important component of these tools is an understanding of the realities of what you cannot have, unless you are willing to use force.
You can keep dreaming all you want.

You keep referring to the use of force as if it's a dare. If that is the stand point of your representatives, you will be disappointed when that time finally arrives as it may well come to that. With a mind like yours, you really deserve to be described as parasitic.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by nduchucks: 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2010
FACE:

You keep referring to the use of force as if it's a dare. If that is the stand point of your representatives, you will be disappointed when that time finally arrives as it may well come to that. With a mind like yours, you really deserve to be described as parasitic.

The earlier you learnt that in a negotiation, you don't necesarily get all you want and must give and take, the better for you. The alternative to peaceful negotiations is force - some of you people who have learnt nothing from the civil war, seem to be advocating force by your rigidity and lack of understanding of what negotiations mean.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by nduchucks: 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2010
mikeansy:

Do you not think the reason he has been given an ultimatum to act in accordance to the provisions of section 145 is because they reason he should have acted accordingly in the first place and as such in violation of that section of the constitution?

You think an impeachment process begins from no where? let him not act accordingly within the next 7 days and lets see the Senate reaction.

I don't have much patience for people who are slow to learning. Most of us, would like to see Jonathan as acting President with full executive powers - the earlier he becomes acting President, the better we all will be.

Yar'Adua has not violated any part of section 145, period. The senate is simply trying to force him to do the right thing and transmit the letter that will enable Jonathan to take over temporarily.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2010
it is clear that this fool, aboki, ndu whatever, who is trying by all means to sound intellectual, is not worth discussing with. that thing that has given you the air of superiority is clearly deceiving you.
i keep hearing you saying, force here and force there. it seems your demented brain is kaputing on you , for your information when the time of force comes, it won,t be the SS or the SE decapitating and burning ur parasitic types, but the middle belt, just like they are currently doing now. continue living in a bubble, you think this is 1966. idiot.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by FACE(m): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

The earlier you learnt that in a negotiation, you don't necesarily get all you want and must give and take, the better for you. The alternative to peaceful negotiations is force - some of you people who have learnt nothing from the civil war, seem to be advocating force by your rigidity and lack of understanding of what negotiations mean.

Everyone knows that the aim of any negociation is to reach a common ground. However, any negociation based on false premise is bound to fail from the start.

Continue gloating about the civil war as if another one is a threat.

"The He-goat wey dem carry go market get bia-bia, the man wey carry am go market get bia-bia too, but na when market start we go know who carry who come"
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

I don't have much patience for people who are slow to learning. Most of us, would like to see Jonathan as acting President with full executive powers - the earlier he becomes acting President, the better we all will be.

Yar'Adua has not violated any part of section 145, period. The senate is simply trying to force him to do the right thing and transmit the letter that will enable Jonathan to take over temporarily.

Do you honestly believe that the Senate can force the President to take any action the constitution does not require or mandate him to take?

By the way I do not think every line in the constitution contains the word 'MUST'. Is it then the case that every section of the constitution without the word MUST can be ignored by choice by Nigerians?

I have referred you to section 1 before. If there is anybody not very bright here, I doubt I am the one.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2010
The idea that the President has the right to disrespect certain sections of the constitution is the most ludicrous statement you can ever hear in a National debate. It is very shameful that this line of thought is getting traction.

Is there any part of section 145 or any part of the Nigerian constitution which says the President can respect the constitution selectively?

This is a very shameful comment.
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by McKren(m): 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Ever heard of the phrase "the letter and spirit of the law"?

Are you proud that a supposed democratic government is inventing a loophole in the law in other to disobey it?
Re: South/South Senators Frustrating Handover To Jonathan by nduchucks: 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2010
McKren:

Ever heard of the phrase "the letter and spirit of the law"?

Are you proud that a supposed democratic government is inventing a loophole in the law in other to disobey it?

I am not defending any government at all. I, infact believe that the senate can find several reasons to impeach Yar'Adua at the moment. My point is that, violation of the provisions of section 145 will not be one of the charges.

When the senate is ready, they will start impeachment proceedings, unless Yar'Adua sends the required transmission letter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Donald Duke Quits PDP / Boko Haram's Letter To Kano People / Nigeria's Greatest Grammarian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.