Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) (34799 Views)

Timipre Sylva And NNPC Board In Akwa Ibom, Meet Governor Udom Emmanuel (Photos) / Edo: PDP Leaders Meet Obaseki And His Deputy (Photo) / Tony Blair Meet Governor El-rufai - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by Beremx(f): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
They are only interested in protecting their businesses. I won't be surprised if none of them have investments in Igbo land.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by raker300: 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
Guestlander:
Nnamdi kanu was just spitting fires. Talk of discordant tune.
pay no mind to these folks. They're after their own pockets.

Igbos are more united now...

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by RockHard: 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2017
Chaiiiii!! These people don't look like they are ready to leave the Abo.ki.s anytime soon o. Unprecedented unity begging on display.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by cursedAbiola(f): 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
The Indigenous Primates of Biafra (IPOB) won't like this one bit. cheesy

Feel like a brawl tonight. Who's game? grin
[/s]
what's this agadi nwoke saying?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by seunmsg(m): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
PointB:

What is the lesson to learn from these self professed elders?

That's we shouldn't agitate for better deal for the next present and future generation?

We should subsume our well thought out principle of democracy for the interest of these so-called, nameless elders?

They are not nameless or self professed elders, they are leaders who were elected by hardworking Igbos living in the north to represent their interest. You are not more Igbo than them or the people they represent. And by the way, you are also faceless and nameless as far as I am concerned.

And to the lessons from their visit, there are lots to be learnt. Firstly, Igbo's in the North are not interested in your Biafra, that should be clear by now. Secondly, whatever you are agitating for, you can't do without engaging others peacefully. Throwing insults around is not the way to achieve anything. Thirdly, these elders have seen war and they know the implications. That is why they are more matured and less confrontational in handling the silly threats by the northern youths. Ipob can also learn from their wisdom in future engagements.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by PointB: 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
seunmsg:

They are not nameless or self professed elders, they are leaders who were elected by hardworking Igbos living in the north to represent their interest. You are not more Igbo than them or the people they represent. And by the way, you are also faceless and nameless as far as I am concerned.

And to the lessons from their visit, there are lots to be learnt. Firstly, Igbo's in the North are not interested in your Biafra, that should be clear by now. Secondly, whatever you are agitating for, you can't do without engaging others peacefully. Throwing insults around is not the way to achieve anything. Thirdly, these elders have seen war and they know the implications. That is why they are more matured and less confrontational in handling the silly threats by the northern youths. Ipob can also learn from their wisdom in future engagements.

Fair point.

It's possible that Igbos in the North are not interested in Biafra, it's also possible the so-called elders were speaking for themselves. But the only sure way to know this is by conducting a proper referendum. But no one Igbo man can assume what the other want in the name of 'elders'.

And by the way, the insults and barbs seems to be working wonders, it's generating a lot of attention, heat, and discussion. Every publicity to achieve referendum is good publicity.

IPOB should tone up the insults and rhetorics. Shock and awe have good values especially in Nigeria!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by PointB: 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
Beremx:
They are only interested in protecting their businesses. I won't be surprised if none of them have investments in Igbo land.

Lol

They were warned.

I'll probably lose one of two things in SW myself, but we must all pay a price to ensure a good future for ourself or next generation.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by simplycarro: 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2017
PointB:

They were warned.

I'll probably lose one of two things in SW myself, but we must all pay a price to ensure a good future for ourself or next generation.

Good riddance !

18 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by simplycarro: 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
Beremx:

Lol

Madam, hope you are equally making arrangements! Don't be caught napping.
Time to go home

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by PointB: 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
simplycarro:

Good riddance !

hehehe

At least when it's over, I can fly in and out of Biafra effortlessly without having to get to lagos or abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by simplycarro: 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
PointB:

hehehe

At least when it's over, I can fly in and out of Biafra effortless without having to get to lagos or abuja.

Be gone already grin

22 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by burkingx(f): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
grin
Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by Izonpikin: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
See nose... shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by Awoo88: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
People who can not gather 100 Igbo's together. That boy KANU will step into Kaduna today and almost every IBO's will want to hear him talk
Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by zombieHUNTER: 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
honeychild:
It's better for them to call their mad dog Nnamdi Kanu to order instead of running around the North like headless chickens.

Go home, draw your pikin ear, discipline him and send him back to London. Not to be running around the North unity-begging.

Yeye elders who kept quiet when their untrained son was ranting like a lunatic.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by buchilino(m): 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
BUNCH OF USELESS OLD MEN. WEN OUR SISTER WAS BRUTALLY KILLED IN KANO N YET D KILLERS WERE SET FREE, THESE USELESS OLD MEN DIDN'T SAY A WORD. NOW DEY WANT 2 ACT AS LEADERS.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by zombieHUNTER: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
Izonpikin:
See nose... shocked shocked

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by BABANGBALI: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
They doesn't want to leave Nigeria again for biafra

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by sureheaven(m): 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
Where's Nnamdi Kanu
Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by burkingx(f): 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
Decypher:
Who sent them? nonsense!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2017

wait....just wait, i thought igbos & Igbos are diffrent, i always consider IPOB the igbo version of Boko haram & so should not be taken serious

I just don't see anything diffrent between Nmadi kanu & shekau, they both want a country, hate the average Nigerian, hate the armed forces of Nigeria, love insulting PMB & all who are against them

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by bennywise30(m): 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
These old men can't speak for us, their time has passed,they should ask the youths if they want biafra or one nigeria not old men and money hungry men,
Please I want biafra ,this old men will know what they did when 2019 and 2022 passed without an igbo man as a president

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by burkingx(f): 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
Awoo88:
People who can not gather 100 Igbo's together. That boy KANU will step into Kaduna today and almost every IBO's will want to hear him talk

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by adecz: 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
sad
Why were the Igbo leaders silent
all the time IPOB irredentists & secession
mongers were busy establishing radio stations
importing arms & insulting the elected leaders
and good peoples of our Federal Republic?

Where were they, when they kept going on
illegal demonstrations & declaring work free
days amongst Igbo ppl in the whole country?

Where were they when they their proxies
threatened breakup of this great country?

Where were they, when different sympathizers
rejected Nigeria & publicly 'tore' their Nigerian
Passports?

The North has now granted them their wish &
the "elders" suddenly remembered 1967 & woke up.

Philosophers say;
" Be careful what you wish for; because
you may get your wish granted "..

A word for the wise undecided

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by APCsupporter: 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
later they will start claiming to be brave

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by Buharimustgo: 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
They are not Igbo leaders but bunch of miscreants that the north should kill from first October because of their inability to be wise

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by Najokee: 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
akthedream:
Igbo Jews won't like this..
Kikikiki

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by BiafraIShere(m): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
This Is Rubbish!
Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by Beremx(f): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
simplycarro:

Madam, hope you are equally making arrangements! Don't be caught napping.
Time to go home
lol! I hear you. Till then

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics) by ettybaba(m): 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2017
honeychild:
It's better for them to call their mad dog Nnamdi Kanu to order instead of running around the North like headless chickens.

Go home, draw your pikin ear, discipline him and send him back to London. Not to be running around the North unity-begging.

Yeye elders who kept quiet when their untrained son was ranting like a lunatic.
May the good Lord bless you and me.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Awolowo In A Happy Mood (Throwback Photo) / Pantami: "I Have Changed Several Positions Taken In The Past" / Supreme Court Orders Taraba Acting Governor Removed, Deputy Sworn In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.