Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God (2179 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
Peacefullove:

#pending ... 1 Cor 11 vs 3 . You still haven't tell us how a Supreme being could have an HEAD he obeys, just as a woman have an HEAD she obeys.
( knowing fully well, that Supreme being cannot have an Head )

Now , Are You sure the above Verse is referring to Jesus ? ON TWO STRONG BASIS.

~ Almighty cannot have a HEAD

~ Rev 1 vs 4,5 Proves the one which is and which was and which was to come IS NOT JESUS
Respond to your pending part ...
The end will tell who is wrong or right.
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by BackToLife: 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by BackToLife: 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
Amberon11:
If you call yourself a christian and don't believe that Jesus Christ is God then I say shame unto you. You'd better joined Islam or other traditional religions because you are just living in confusion. You either believe the bible in its entirety or you do not believe at all.

Now just to educate you, what does the first very first verse of the bible say? It says The History of Creation 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Now Colossians 1:16 says 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth , visible and invisible , whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. -note that this verse was talking about Jesus.

So if Genesis says God created the heavens and earth and Colossians tells you that it was Jesus , doesn't that mean that Jesus Christ is God?

You don't even know the God you're serving, shame!
Thanks so much, I've learnt something crucial from ur post. I'm glad that u r a Son of GOD not a slave of GOD, but how come u click the link that authomatically covert your profile to islamic?

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by rollybest(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
Peacefullove:

Mr , present your prove that Jesus is the supreme being or Most high , according to your
first statement on this thread, To ascertain if Jesus deserves a capital " G" or not.
one of the proofs the Jesus is supreme is that he performed miracles in NOBODY'S name

1 Like

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 2:09am On Jun 23, 2017
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 6:44am On Jun 23, 2017
rollybest:

one of the proofs the Jesus is supreme is that he performed miracles in NOBODY'S name

Very weak proof. He prayed to His Father just before raising Lazarus.

He even admit he can do nothing on his own

He said in John 5:19, “The Son can do nothing of Himself”; and again in verse 30 He said, “I can of Myself do nothing.

@ Act 2:22 , His disciples recognized that God was the one doing those works through Jesus. its not by his own power.

A supreme being can do nothing of Himself, Rollybest you need to Seriously think, I need to be Frank with you.

Again, the Supreme being Cannot have an HEAD he obeys

until, you give sound proof and Based on your statement that Only Supreme being deserves a capital " G" , Jesus therefore deserves a small " g" since he is not the supreme being.
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 6:47am On Jun 23, 2017
BackToLife:
Thanks so much, I've learnt something crucial from ur post. I'm glad that u r a Son of GOD not a slave of GOD, but how come u click the link that authomatically covert your profile to islamic?

Be careful what you believe, 90% or if not all of those who penned the bible are JEWS , and yet the Jews dont believe in trinity , what does that tells you ? hehehehehehehe.
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 6:51am On Jun 23, 2017
IKC10:
The end will tell who is wrong or right.

Just keep in mind that you are the one reading nonsense into the texts, 90% or if not all of those who write the Christian bible from Genesis to the last book are JEWS, and the JEWS dont believe in such thing as trinity or Jesus being Supreme.
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 9:06am On Jun 23, 2017
Peacefullove:

Just keep in mind that you are the one reading nonsense into the texts, 90% or if not all of those who write the Christian bible from Genesis to the last book are JEWS, and the JEWS dont believe in such thing as trinity or Jesus being Supreme.

What are you actually saying, please? I hope you know that the Bible was written by about 40 different people at different places by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit? Who doesn't believe in the trinity? Mathew or Mark, or Luke or John or Paul or Isaiah, Moses, Ezekiel? Who, brother? Tell me please o. Let's be sure of what we say before we say it. Thanks.
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by rollybest(m): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
Peacefullove:

Very weak proof. He prayed to His Father just before raising Lazarus.

He even admit he can do nothing on his own

He said in John 5:19, “The Son can do nothing of Himself”; and again in verse 30 He said, “I can of Myself do nothing.

@ Act 2:22 , His disciples recognized that God was the one doing those works through Jesus. its not by his own power.

A supreme being can do nothing of Himself, Rollybest you need to Seriously think, I need to be Frank with you.

Again, the Supreme being Cannot have an HEAD he obeys

until, you give sound proof and Based on your statement that Only Supreme being deserves a capital " G" , Jesus therefore deserves a small " g" since he is not the supreme being.
Here are some arguments to show Jesus is God.
"The Jews answered Him (Jesus), 'For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make yourself out to be God.' ” (John 10:33 )

Jesus had obviously claimed to be God. So just what had He said to upset His Jewish audience so much?

"I and the Father are one.” ( John 10:30 )

He didn’t say that He was simply like the Father. He said that they were “one.” In verse 36, Jesus makes it clear that He had referred to Himself as the “Son of God.” Logic alone would tell us that the “Son” of God would possess the same deity as the Father. Man begets man. God begets God. The Jews, however, didn’t believe any of His claims. Getting nowhere with them, Jesus then focused their attention on the works that He had done and would continue to do. If He wasn’t God, He reasoned, how could He have performed all those miracles? He supported His claim to be God by saying,

“…that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father." (John 10:38 )

During the Last Supper, just after washing the disciples’ feet, Jesus made a bold statement:

“You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am.” ( John 13:13 )

The New Testament was originally written in Greek. The Greek word for “Lord” is
Kurios, meaning “God—supreme in authority. Jesus was making the point that they were to follow the example (serving one another) set by God Himself. Later that evening, He reiterated His claim by saying to Philip,
“…He who has seen Me has seen the Father.” ( John 14:9 )

Perhaps the most direct and profound example of Jesus claiming to be God is found at the end of the eighth chapter of John.

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” ( John 8:58 )

This may seem like a confusing answer, but the Jews knew exactly what He was claiming. By using the term “I am,” He was making Himself out to be Yahweh (God) of the Old Testament. We know that the Jews understood His claim, since verse 59 tells us that they wanted to stone Him. He was claiming to have existed not only before Abraham, but eternally. We find the name “I AM” first used when God called Moses to lead the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt. Not being crazy about the whole idea, Moses started making excuses. If he told the “sons of Israel” that the God of their fathers had sent him to them, what should he say if they asked, “What is His name?”

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

Here, God, in giving this name, gives the essential meaning of Yahweh— I am the One who is. By referring to Himself with the same name, Jesus is unmistakably claiming to be God. Anyone who argues that Jesus never made such a claim simply hasn’t bothered to search the Scriptures for themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2017
rollybest:

"The Jews answered Him (Jesus), 'For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make yourself out to be God.' ” (John 10:33 )

Jesus had obviously claimed to be God. So just what had He said to upset His Jewish audience so much?

He didn’t say that He was simply like the Father. He said that they were “one.” In verse 36, Jesus makes it clear that He had referred to Himself as the “Son of God.” Logic alone would tell us that the “Son” of God would possess the same deity as the Father. Man begets man. God begets God. The Jews, however, didn’t believe any of His claims. Getting nowhere with them, Jesus then focused their attention on the works that He had done and would continue to do. If He wasn’t God, He reasoned, how could He have performed all those miracles? He supported His claim to be God by saying,

“…that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father." (John 10:38 )

During the Last Supper, just after washing the disciples’ feet, Jesus made a bold statement:

Kurios, meaning “God—supreme in authority. Jesus was making the point that they were to follow the example (serving one another) set by God Himself. Later that evening, He reiterated His claim by saying to Philip,

Perhaps the most direct and profound example of Jesus claiming to be God is found at the end of the eighth chapter of John.

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” ( John 8:58 )

This may seem like a confusing answer, but the Jews knew exactly what He was claiming. By using the term “I am,” He was making Himself out to be Yahweh (God) of the Old Testament. We know that the Jews understood His claim, since verse 59 tells us that they wanted to stone Him. He was claiming to have existed not only before Abraham, but eternally. We find the name “I AM” first used when God called Moses to lead the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt. Not being crazy about the whole idea, Moses started making excuses. If he told the “sons of Israel” that the God of their fathers had sent him to them, what should he say if they asked, “What is His name?”

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

Here, God, in giving this name, gives the essential meaning of Yahweh— I am the One who is. By referring to Himself with the same name, Jesus is unmistakably claiming to be God. Anyone who argues that Jesus never made such a claim simply hasn’t bothered to search the Scriptures for themselves.
It's well with you, brother!
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
rollybest:

.........Here, God, in giving this name, gives the essential meaning of Yahweh— I am the One who is. By referring to Himself with the same name, Jesus is unmistakably claiming to be God. Anyone who argues that Jesus never made such a claim simply hasn’t bothered to search the Scriptures for themselves.

One should begin by asking the simple question, why would a first century Jewish apocalyptic Prophet such as Jesus, who completely observed the Torah, being the religious laws of his day, perpetrate the anathema of blasphemy by calling himself God? Was it even possible that he did so? It is doubtful.

It is clear that after his death Jesus was proclaimed as the Son of God, the coming Son of Man, the Jewish Messiah, and the Lord of all e.t.c. Christians told stories about him according to their understanding. For instance when they mentioned Jesus' teaching about the Son of Man, they often changed what he said so that instead of speaking about this other one to come, he was depicted as speaking of himself, using the first-person singular, for instance: "Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven" (Matt. 10:32) compare this statement of Matthew with the earlier statement of Mark "whoever is ashamed of me... of him will the Son of Man be ashamed" (Mark 8:38)

Also when Jesus speaks about himself, early Christians changed words given in the first-person singular "I" to the title "Son of Man." Therefore Matthew's form of Jesus' question to his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" (Matt. 16:13) is an enhancement of the earlier Mark 8:27: "who do people say that I am?"

This theme of lineal revisionism proliferates the Gospel writings, it is very subtle and almost imperceptible, but it has served to change the course of the true meanings of the words of Jesus to that of the doctrines the gospel writers wished to promulgate.

The second issue of course is the Book of John, this is the gospel that postulates the Divinity of Christ, together with the Book of Hebrews, it is more concerned with the philosophy and Christology of Jesus, it’s chosen method of delivery is discourse,i.e the use of stories to get doctrinal messages across. Therefore unique to John are the various “I am” sayings, where Jesus identifies himself and proves himself to people. These “I am” sayings were usually followed up by a sign, to show that what Jesus said about himself was true. So, when he says “I am the bread of life”, Jesus proves it by multiplying the loaves to feed the multitudes; he says “I am the light of the world” and proves it by healing the man born blind; he says “I am the resurrection and the life” and proves it by raising Lazarus from the dead. None of the “I am” sayings can be found in the writings of the synoptic gospel writers.

The deification of Jesus took place long after his death.
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 7:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
Good work @ Sarrasin , Rollybest went ahead to jumble up some irrelevant article when. his tactic with John 1:1 has failed.

I will respond soon. Infact reading that article alone makes me know most of you dont even know anything about the topic at hand.
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 8:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
rollybest:

Complete Trash, Rollybest by the time the lies and falsehood , fallacies and irregularities in this post are exposed, Just close your eyes in shame .Will respond shortly . Busy now
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by rollybest(m): 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
Peacefullove:

Complete Trash, Rollybest by the time the lies and falsehood , fallacies and irregularities in this post are exposed, Just close your eyes in shame .Will respond shortly . Busy now
Now i put it up to you. give me some logical reason with scriptural references why Jesus is not God and i shall rebate them one after the other. Am waiting patiently
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2017
rollybest:

Lets examine them

Jesus had obviously claimed to be God.
So just what had He said to upset His Jewish audience so much?

He didn’t say that He was simply like the Father. He said that they were “one.”

So because he said they are one, it equals Almighty Gods, grin grin grin It must mean Peter , John and others are God Almighty too since they are one EXACTLY as Jesus is one with the Father. keyword " Exactly " . whatever logic you derive from John 10 vs 30 must apply to his disciples.

"that they may be one, just as We are one;"
- John 17 vs 22

Are you now ready to admit his disciples are Almighty Gods too ? Very silly proof from you!

oneness doesn't equate been God.

In verse 36, Jesus makes it clear that He had referred to Himself as the “Son of God.” Logic alone would tell us that the “Son” of God would possess the same deity as the Father. Man begets man. God begets God.

failed attempt, Are angels not SONS OF GOD according to the bible , Please going by the above ... are they Almighty Gods ? Is Gabriel a Son of God, Almighty God ? since Son of God would possess the same deity as the Father

Failure to apply those things to angels means your logic is Flawed.

The Jews, however, didn’t believe any of His claims. Getting nowhere with them, Jesus then focused their attention on the works that He had done and would continue to do. If He wasn’t God, He reasoned, how could He have performed all those miracles? He supported His claim to be God by saying,

Dont forget the Son cannot do anything by his own initiative, so from where does the power he used in doing miracles come from ? From His God! Act 2 vs 22 . learn

Kurios, meaning “God—supreme in authority. Jesus was making the point that they were to follow the example (serving one another) set by God Himself.

BIG LIE , Lets check Strong's concordance for the meaning of Lord.

Strong's Concordance
kurios: lord, master
Original Word: κύριος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: kurios
Phonetic Spelling: (koo'-ree-os)
Short Definition: lord, Lord, master, sir
Definition: lord, master, sir; the Lord.

http://biblehub.com/greek/2962.htm

Kurios means Lord or MASTER . thats all.

MUST YOU LIE ? shame on you

apart from this, Sarah called Abraham " Lord " in your bible , I guess Abraham is the supreme being? grin grin grin

Later that evening, He reiterated His claim by saying to Philip,

the Father sent him, every logical and rational person knows Jesus is NOT the Father . so this is off

Guy why ? I said .. Why ? lots of Irrelevant fallacies been tendered as proofs.

√ Did Yahweh speak Greek when speaking to moses ? so what exactly is the similarity

A man blind from birth also used the exact phrase that Jesus used " I AM " at John 9:9 , Please is this Man Yahweh too ?

without hypocrisy, If you can't accept the case of that man at John 9:9 , while take the same phrase from Jesus and make a big deal out of it ?

Yahweh is the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob , Jesus is his servant ( Act 3 vs 13 ).
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 12:04am On Jun 24, 2017
rollybest:

Now i put it up to you. give me some logical reason with scriptural references why Jesus is not God and i shall rebate them one after the other. Am waiting patiently

Why Jesus is not the supreme being.

- He didn't know the time of end. ( An information ONLY the supreme being possess )

- A supreme being , cannot Have a God he worships ( Jesus. have a God - Rev 3 vs 12 ) , NOWHERE is his Father said to have a God. çonfirm attribute of a Supreme being . HIGHEST

- A Supreme being cannot have an HEAD he obeys ( Jesus have an Head 1 Cor 11 vs 3 )

- A supreme being Doesnt need to be GIVEN anything, cos He has it all ... But Jesus was GIVEN authority ( Matthew 28 vs 18) He wont have been given if he were the supreme being.

You will never read of his Father been given authority . 100% Supreme

So respond to this for now...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fact Check: Did Pregnant Side Chick Confront Pastor In Lagos Church? (video) / This Pastor has Guts!! / After A Year Of Atheist Criticism, Are Atheists More Moral Than The Religious?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.