Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God (2176 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Why Christians Should Not Fall For The Propaganda That Says They Shouldn't Hate / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by rollybest(m): 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2017
"In the beginning was the Word, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD , and the Word WAS GOD .The same was in the beginning with God.All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made"(John 1:1-3KJV)
please before you crucify me
note the capitalize words and please answer this question. Who is this word?
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2017
rollybest:
"In the beginning was the Word, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD , and the Word WAS GOD .The same was in the beginning with God.All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made"(John 1:1-3KJV)
note the capitalize word and please answer this question. Who is this word?

" Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS '? " John 10 vs 34 NASB.

Note the capitalize word, Humans are GODS too cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by rollybest(m): 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
Peacefullove:

" Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS '? " John 10 vs 34 NASB.

understand the context which it was used.
in Exodus 20 God said "thou shall have no other god besides me"meaning there are other gods.also that when the scripture is referring to any god except the Supreme being it uses small letter
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 9:39pm On Jun 21, 2017
Jesus Christ is the Word of God, and He too, like the Holy Spirit and the Father, is God, period!
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Ustec: 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lol..
holy marry... gave birth to God your lord jesus.
Jesus your lord preaches the Word of his God your Lord..!
All those prophets before Jesus that are mentioned in the bible worship Jesus their God..!
You can call him son of God,..But he is never a GOD.

1 Like

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2017
rollybest:

The Roman Caesar’s when they were proclaimed God gave the world the blindingly obvious statement; “No man born of woman can be God”.

The "word", or more specifically the Logos, is the personification of an attribute of the Divine, Wisdom, the raison de etre, specifically, the reason to be.
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 10:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
rollybest:

understand the context which it was used.

And why dont you take your own advice and understand the context of the John 1 vs 1 quoted at op ? smh

It says the word was with God, clearly the word must be another Kind of God NOT the same .

in Exodus 20 God said "thou shall have no other god besides me"meaning there are other gods.also that when the scripture is referring to any except the Supreme being it uses small letter

You modern christians wont cease to amaze me when you are cornered with your own logic.

Does John 10 vs 34 I quote for you used the small letter ?

Are you saying its wrong to Use Capital letter for Jesus in John 1 vs 1 Since he is not the supreme being ?

I mark the bold ... PROVE THAT JESUS IS THE SUPREME BEING , failure to do that will mean he should be considered "god " . going by the bolded statement

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
IKC10:
Jesus Christ is the Word of God, and He too, like the Holy Spirit and the Father, is God, period!

you can read John 10 vs 34 too, Humans are GOD too ! period
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by plappville(f): 12:15am On Jun 22, 2017
rollybest:

John 3:1-21English Standard Version (ESV)

You Must Be Born Again
3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 [b]Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. [/b]6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

9 Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you[f] do not receive our testimony. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.[g] 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

Where did you see that ONE must believe that Jesus is God befor He/She can make the Kingdom?.this Jesus is God argument is not Scriptural. It can leed one to sin. Just do what Jesus said here. Then Love your neighbors. It's enough.

Acts 2:38 ►
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Where did you see Jesus is God here? Just obey bible and stop creating arguments that are not profitable to the body of CHRIST.
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by plappville(f): 12:16am On Jun 22, 2017
Peacefullove:

rollybest:

You see what I mean?
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by NoWorries7(m): 2:53am On Jun 22, 2017
read your Bible... JESUS CHRIST is not GOD.
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 5:32am On Jun 22, 2017
Peacefullove:

you can read John 10 vs 34 too, Humans are GOD too ! period
Humans are Gods too,yes, but you need to know that We are Gods after His order, in His likeness So, does it imply that we are equal with Him?
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Amberon11: 6:23am On Jun 22, 2017
you are being smart by half.

The word "gods" is with a small letter g. Throughout the bible gods are acknowledged but there is only one supreme "God"; always written with a capital G.
6 I said , "You are gods , And all of you are children of the Most High.

Peacefullove:

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Amberon11: 6:27am On Jun 22, 2017
Humans are "gods" not "Gods", There is only one God so there cannot be Gods.
IKC10:

Humans are Gods too,yes, but you need to know that We are Gods after His order, in His likeness So, does it imply that we are equal with Him?
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Amberon11: 6:36am On Jun 22, 2017
I John 5: 7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father , the Word , and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

This was God the father speaking to God the Son in Hebrews 1: 8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne , O God , is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

You call yourself a christian but you cherry pick words in the bible to believe in. Who are you deceiving. Jesus Christ remains God whether you like it or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 6:42am On Jun 22, 2017
Amberon11:
Humans are "gods" not "Gods", There is only one God so there cannot be Gods.
Dear friend, this is not a matter of a debate. The, Bible that I read says that Like begets Like so if God gives birth, He gives birth to Gods and not gods And the Bible says it that God begat us, I.e,gave birth to us. You get it now?
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Amberon11: 7:01am On Jun 22, 2017
The bible says "he are gods", not Gods. There is a difference. There is only one God and that is the most high, there is no other. We are all children of God, hence gods.
IKC10:
Dear friend, this is not a matter of a debate. The, Bible that I read says that Like begets Like so if God gives birth, He gives birth to Gods and not gods And the Bible says it that God begat us, I.e,gave birth to us. You get it now?
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by rollybest(m): 8:50am On Jun 22, 2017
Amberon11:
I John 5: 7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father , the Word , and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

This was God the father speaking to God the Son in Hebrews 1: 8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne , O God , is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

You call yourself a christian but you cherry pick words in the bible to believe in. Who are you deceiving. Jesus Christ remains God whether you like it or not.
My brother help me tell them.how can one claim to be a Christian yet refuse to believe the truth

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 10:45am On Jun 22, 2017
hehehehehe, am seriously laughing ... lets see what the person thats so smart have to say

Amberon11:
you are being smart by half.

The word "gods" is with a small letter g.

If you are indeed smart , You would know that small letter or capital letter Isn't what was penned in greek , everything is " theos " meaning GOD . no small letter or capital letter distinction.

but are you smart to know this ?

Point 2 : If you are smart indeed, As a reasonable person You would have at least crosscheck my Reference, the NASB bible . that said Humans are GODS in John 10 vs 34 . are they wrong ? Check my first point and learn

Throughout the bible gods are acknowledged but there is only one supreme "God"; always written with a capital G.

[b]

Is Jesus the Supreme God ?

I mark this point, failure to prove him as supreme God would mean he should be addressed as "god" then, since only the Supreme God deserves the capital " G "

so am waiting for your response to this very KEY aspect.

6 I said , "You are gods , And all of you are children of the Most High.

NASB " YOU ARE GODS ' .. okay , so why the noise about John 1:1 when even humans are called GODS in the Christian Bible cheesy
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 10:48am On Jun 22, 2017
IKC10:

If humans been called GODS doesnt imply they are EQUAL to their God
, You should have asked yourself, does Jesus been called God imply he is EQUAL with his God too ?

that would solve it
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 10:55am On Jun 22, 2017
Amberon11:
The bible says "he are gods", not Gods. There is a difference. There is only one God and that is the most high, there is no other. We are all children of God, hence gods.

hahahahaha, I like the bold point. SAVED! only the Most High is the only God. cheesy

Now tell me , Is Jesus the MOST HIGH or Son of the Most High ?
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 10:59am On Jun 22, 2017

rollybest

also that when the scripture is referring to any except the Supreme being it uses small letter

@ rollybest, Am quoting this again cos you refuse to reply at first . With your above statement , I hope you know the meaning of SUPREME being. Since the Supreme being alone deserves capital " G" , tell us ... is Jesus the Supreme being ?
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 11:34am On Jun 22, 2017
Please check this out: 5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phil 2:5-6
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 11:47am On Jun 22, 2017
Peacefullove:

@ rollybest, Am quoting this again cos you refuse to reply at first . With your above statement , I hope you know the meaning of SUPREME being. Since the Supreme being alone deserves capital " G" , tell us ... is Jesus the Supreme being ?

Jesus is the Supreme Being. The case here is that you don't understand that Jesus manifests as the following people:
1. God the Father.
2. God the Son (Jesus Christ, the Word of God) and,
3. The Holy Spirit (the Spirit of the Father and Jesus Christ)
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 11:51am On Jun 22, 2017
IKC10:

Jesus is the Supreme Being. The case here is that you don't understand that Jesus manifests as the following people:
1. God the Father.
2. God the Son (Jesus Christ, the Word of God) and,
3. The Holy Spirit (the Spirit of the Father and Jesus Christ)

lemme get you

Jesus is God the Father ?
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Peacefullove: 11:57am On Jun 22, 2017
IKC10:
Please check this out: 5 Let this mind be in you,
which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phil 2:5-6

Hehehehe, the same Yeshua that said Father is greater than I , is also the same Yeshua that thought it NOT robbery to be equal with God.

what a contradiction.

It's like something do cover the eyes of many people when you read this verses, sorry .... YOU mean Humans CAN ALSO thought it not Robbery OR consider himself equal to God then .

dont forget , the verse said ; LET THIS MIND BE IN YOu" ?

If this Mind should be in his followers, then do you agree You are GODS, mean they are also equal to God ?

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
Peacefullove:

lemme get you

Jesus is God the Father ?
I hope you do know that your words represent you in an exactness that distinguishes you everywhere you go? Jesus is the Word of God. Our infinite minds can't understand all there is about God. But get a little of it that the Word of God is able to,be transformed into,a person whom we know and address as Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 12:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
Friend you need to read the bible with the help of the Holy Spirit and not just as a mere book cooked up by some man
Peacefullove:

Hehehehe, the same Yeshua that said Father is greater than I , is also the same Yeshua that thought it NOT robbery to be equal with God.

what a contradiction.

It's like something do cover the eyes of many people when you read this verses, sorry .... YOU mean Humans CAN ALSO thought it not Robbery OR consider himself equal to God then .

dont forget , the verse said ; LET THIS MIND BE IN YOu" ?

If this Mind should be in his followers, then do you agree You are GODS, mean they are also equal to God ?

Jesus Christ is equal with God, but humans are not equal with God.

1 Like

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by rollybest(m): 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
IKC10:
Friend you need to read the bible with the help of the Holy Spirit and not just as a mere book cooked up by some man
Jesus Christ is equal with God, but humans are not equal with God.
@peacefullove note the above
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Amberon11: 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Still trying to be smart by half. God is in three persons. God the father, son and holy spirit. They are one. God in those three persons is the most high. I don't expect you to understand.
Peacefullove:

hahahahaha, I like the bold point. SAVED! only the Most High is the only God. cheesy

Now tell me , Is Jesus the MOST HIGH or Son of the Most High ?

Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by IKC10(m): 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
rollybest:

@peacefullove note the above
Thanks rollybest for letting him know he needs to note it!
Re: For Those That Says Jesus Christ Is NOT God by Amberon11: 12:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
If you call yourself a christian and don't believe that Jesus Christ is God then I say shame unto you. You'd better joined Islam or other traditional religions because you are just living in confusion. You either believe the bible in its entirety or you do not believe at all.

Now just to educate you, what does the first very first verse of the bible say? It says The History of Creation 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Now Colossians 1:16 says 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth , visible and invisible , whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. -note that this verse was talking about Jesus.

So if Genesis says God created the heavens and earth and Colossians tells you that it was Jesus , doesn't that mean that Jesus Christ is God?

You don't even know the God you're serving, shame!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should The Old Testament Laws Be Observed In The Modern Era? / Must Read! "the True Intentions Of Christian Missionaries In Africa" / One Hundred Scriptural Arguments for the Unitarian Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.