Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,281 members, 7,860,649 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:45 PM

American Trip Ends 10 Day Old Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / American Trip Ends 10 Day Old Marriage (779 Views)

Pastor, 70, Seeks Dissolution Of 41-year-old Marriage Over Sex Starvation / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Trip Ends 10 Day Old Marriage by mamagee3(f): 2:22am On Jan 26, 2010
IT was like a scene out of a Yoruba movie, when an anguished Abiola Titilola Sanusi told an Ikeja high court how she was allegedly abandoned by her husband, Oludamilola Olusanya Sanusi for the so called greener pasture abroad.

Though, stories of this nature abound everywhere, Titilola cut a very pathetic picture in the witness box when she told the story of how her husband left her in the height of their romance.

Titilola, a business woman told Justice Elfreda William-Dawodu of the family court, Ikeja that her lovely hubby deserted her precisely 10 days after they tied the nuptial knot, denying her the enjoyment of her wedding.

So, to fill the gap left behind by her husband, the aggrieved woman approached the court for the official separation of their marriage.

Abiola had told the court that they got married at a Lagos registry on March 31, 2005 and had a church wedding, two days after, precisely on April 2, 2005.

She said : “After the church wedding, both of us proceeded to my husband’s family house at No. 9, Abayomi Talabi Street, Ojodu, Lagos where we lived from April 2, 2005 till April 12, 2005 when my husband traveled out of the country.”

She noted, what supposed to be a thing of joy latter turned sour.

Titilola also explained to the court while being led in evidence by her counsel, Olumide Ibiwole that she last set her eyes on her husband on April 12, 2005.

What made her story more sympathetic was that five years into the marriage, her hope of meeting her husband one day, probably when he will arrive to pick her abroad and continue their love affairs Was dashed. She informed the court that they were communicating on phone intermittently until January 2006, when the man bluntly told her not to initiate calls to him anymore.

“We spoke on phone sometimes, his response has always been harsh and unbecoming of the man I married. Our last contact was in January 2006 when I called him and he bluntly told me to stop calling him.”

She said that she decided to file for divorce when she realized that there was no chance of them getting back together again. She maintained that there is no likelihood they could live together again as husband and wife.

Further hearing of the case was adjourned till March 9, 2010
Re: American Trip Ends 10 Day Old Marriage by harakiri(m): 3:08am On Jan 26, 2010
Too bad but why did you post this on here? Is this supposed to invoke a "man bashing" tirade?If that's the case, women do things like these ALL THE TIME to guys who struggle to get their "beloved" into Obodoyibo! So what gives?
Re: American Trip Ends 10 Day Old Marriage by Sissy3(f): 7:56am On Jan 26, 2010
harakiri:

Too bad but why did you post this on here? Is this supposed to invoke a "man bashing" tirade?If that's the case, women do things like these ALL THE TIME to guys who struggle to get their "beloved" into Obodoyibo! So what gives?

you have pleaded guilty already before being charged of a crime lol.
Re: American Trip Ends 10 Day Old Marriage by neily(f): 9:37am On Jan 26, 2010
Hahaaaaaaaaah laughs greener pasture. No love at all.
Re: American Trip Ends 10 Day Old Marriage by neily(f): 9:42am On Jan 26, 2010
Hahaaaaaaaaah laughs greener pasture.
Re: American Trip Ends 10 Day Old Marriage by Leilah(f): 10:29pm On Jan 26, 2010
She was lucky she had no kids for him!
Re: American Trip Ends 10 Day Old Marriage by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 27, 2010
Re: American Trip Ends 10 Day Old Marriage by N101: 10:57pm On Jan 27, 2010
Is it me or does the Maths here not add up:

mama-gee:

Titilola also explained to the court while being led in evidence by her counsel, Olumide Ibiwole that she last set her eyes on her husband on April 12, 2005.

What made her story more sympathetic was that five years into the marriage, her hope of meeting her husband one day, probably when he will arrive to pick her abroad and continue their love affairs Was dashed. She informed the court that they were communicating on phone intermittently until January 2006, when the man bluntly told her not to initiate calls to him anymore.

“We spoke on phone sometimes, his response has always been harsh and unbecoming of the man I married. Our last contact was in January 2006 when I called him and he bluntly told me to stop calling him.”

She last sees her husband on 12 April 2005.
In January 2006 he says point blank not to call him again.

How could the interval in that year add up to 5 years?    And after he effectively dismissed her in 2006, she hung in there a whole 4 years waiting for someone who didn't want her and had no contact with her?!
Re: American Trip Ends 10 Day Old Marriage by cold(m): 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2010
N101:

Is it me or does the Maths here not add up:

She last sees her husband on 12 April 2005.
In January 2006 he says point blank not to call him again.

How could the interval in that year add up to 5 years?    And after he effectively dismissed her in 2006, she hung in there a whole 4 years waiting for someone who didn't want her and had no contact with her?!

it is called HOPE

(1) (Reply)

Its The Women's World! / Do Christains That Divorce Go To Heaven / My Alcoholic Wife Beats Me-84 Yr Old Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.