Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,255 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Nairaland Slowness And Downtime - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Slowness And Downtime (25642 Views)

Ecobank Internet Banking Downtime / Ikeja Electric Deploys Technology To Reduce Downtime / Apology For Unnecessary Downtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by sukkot: 9:39am On Jun 22, 2017
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

This is to inform you that Nairaland is experiencing a serious problem. The infrastructure that powers Nairaland has become unusually slow and unstable, which has led to a lot of downtime. The cause of this slowness and instability is unknown to me, but I am doing my best to figure out what's going on and fix it.

I wish to appeal to everybody to please bear with me, and please note that I may not be able to process any orders until this issue has been diagnosed and fixed.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.
tell ya mods to stop posting gory pictures of lynched and burnt and killed and stabbed people on the frontpage. ya mods are obsessed with violence undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Babalawos(m): 9:39am On Jun 22, 2017
GoodMuyis:
Babalawos come and consult the IFA on behalf of **** The cause of this slowness and instability is unknown to me too

You can as well offer powerfull ebos, but make sure its not the messy type, so the orunmila will accept it quickly

Ogboato Aboru Aboye Abosisi

Who needs my service?

Babalawos
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by bomijuwon(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Seun,
This problem is not perculiar to Nairaland if your are on MainOne network. .

Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

This is to inform you that Nairaland is experiencing a serious problem. The infrastructure that powers Nairaland has become unusually slow and unstable, which has led to a lot of downtime. The cause of this slowness and instability is unknown to me, but I am doing my best to figure out what's going on and fix it.

I wish to appeal to everybody to please bear with me, and please note that I may not be able to process any orders until this issue has been diagnosed and fixed.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by clems88(m): 9:42am On Jun 22, 2017
Seun the gods are angry with you angry . go and do the needful before the gods finally shut down the system cool.

Na joke o
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Giel: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamdmentor1:
Seun, remove that Islam oath you force everyone to make before commenting on Muslim threads

He really needs to, the funny thing is that it doesn't apply to him, he can comment on a Muslim thread without it appearing on his profile but we are forced to take an oath if we want to comment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by onatisi(m): 9:53am On Jun 22, 2017
sukkot:
tell ya mods to stop posting gory pictures of lynched and burnt and killed and stabbed people on the frontpage. ya mods are obsessed with violence undecided

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by ephi321(f): 9:55am On Jun 22, 2017
FTrebirth:

or create a general section for both Christians, Muslims and atheists.

or install same oath for Christian threads to balance the equation.

every public school in nigeria that offers IRK should equally offer CRK.

i can't be swearing to an unknown god because i want to drop a comment/post in a thread.

lmaooo cheesy grin
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by ephi321(f): 9:58am On Jun 22, 2017
sukkot:

I totally agree with this. Blood thirsty mods always pushing graphic pictures to FP. How won't people be behaving like animals when they've become so desensitized to bloodshed? What benefit exactly do graphic pictures provide?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by sukkot: 9:59am On Jun 22, 2017
ephi321:

I totally agree with this. Blood thirsty mods always pushing graphic pictures to FP. How won't people be behaving like animals when they've become so desensitized to bloodshed? What benefit exactly do graphic pictures provide?
well said my kind Sir. I aint trying to get banned but i seriously think something is wrong with a man who pushes all these kinds of obscene unnecessary violence to the frontpage. many people need to see psychiatrists
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by ashawopikin(m): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2017
crazygod:
Na the fainting crew cause am. See now, nairaland don dey faint small small too.
Anyway, shift small make I faint.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 22, 2017
ibkayee:
I noticed the slowness too. The oath on the Islamic thread is unfair since it isn't applied to all religions, no reasonable explanation for it either. This site also needs a block feature
cry you want to block me
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by ephi321(f): 10:10am On Jun 22, 2017
sukkot:
well said my kind Sir. I aint trying to get banned but i seriously think something is wrong with a man who pushes all these kinds of obscene unnecessary violence to the frontpage. many people need to see psychiatrists

Not a sir, lol.
Actually, many people walking around 'normally' in Nigeria are far from normal. The way people seem to 'salivate' over these graphic pictures says a lot. Both the person pushing such threads, and the people who look forward to opening the threads are one and the same i.e not very okay. No value for human life.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 22, 2017
np
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by mykel25(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2017
Seun will soon close this thread cheesy
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by sukkot: 10:17am On Jun 22, 2017
ephi321:

Not a sir, lol.
Actually, many people walking around 'normally' in Nigeria are far from normal. The way people seem to 'salivate' over these graphic pictures says a lot. Both the person pushing such threads, and the people who look forward to opening the threads are one and the same i.e not very okay.
yeah its very scary. a generation of soulless barbarians is being created. which is why i am staying far away fom nigerians from now on. these new breed of nigerians are not what i am accustomed to. something has seriously gone wrong somewhere along the line. i notice two things about this new set of nigerians. Their written English is appalling and their thirst for violence and gory pictures is very high. its a generation of sociopaths and psychopaths and soulless zombies who are obsessed with money drugs violence and more violence . my kind Sire lol
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by ibkayee(f): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2017
Piiko:
cry you want to block me
Lol not you
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by lorhema(f): 10:19am On Jun 22, 2017
bomijuwon:

Seun,
This problem is not perculiar to Nairaland if your are on MainOne network. .

I wondered if Nairaland was on the MainOne network when I noticed the issues. If yes, MainOne say it will take them 2 weeks to resolve their problem. Trust it's not more than that.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by ephi321(f): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2017
sukkot:
yeah its very scary. a generation of soulless barbarians is being created. which is why i am staying far away fom nigerians from now on. these new breed of nigerians are not what i am accustomed to. something has seriously gone wrong somewhere along the line. i notice two things about this new set of nigerians. Their written English is appalling and their thirst for violence and gory pictures is very high. its a generation of sociopaths and psychopaths and soulless zombies who are obsessed with money drugs violence and more violence . my kind Sire lol

It's a case of governance all gone wrong. People are frustrated and that's why you see them taking it out on others - just look at the case of public lynching almost every few days now. It's very barbaric and shameful.

Education standards have fallen so written English will continue to decline.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2017
Seun, move your website to Amazon AWS. Ensure you deploy a web application firewall and load balancer and create two instances.

That should solve your issues.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by stefanweeks: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2017
Seun, you can bring ur servers to our facility and we would host it for.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by sukkot: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2017
ephi321:

It's a case of governance all gone wrong. People are frustrated and that's why you see them taking it out on others - just look at the case of public lynching almost every few days now. It's very barbaric and shameful.

Education standards have fallen so written English will continue to decline.
I dont see that as a credible excuse. I dont care how much I am suffering, I can never lynch or hurt anyone. These people are animals irregardless of their circumstances. Hey, it is what it is. Life goes on, while i try my best to avoid these demonic people lmao grin
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Riduane: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2017
Seun, sack mynd444 and we the village people will free your site angry angry lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by sukkot: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2017
ephi321:

Not a sir, lol.
Actually, many people walking around 'normally' in Nigeria are far from normal. The way people seem to 'salivate' over these graphic pictures says a lot. Both the person pushing such threads, and the people who look forward to opening the threads are one and the same i.e not very okay. No value for human life.
Oh i just see what you meant here. you are not a he but a she ? OK LOL .my bad. I have always thought you were a he for some weird reason lmao. I think you once had a picture of like a race car as your avatar right ? and I figured these are the kinds of activities adrenaline junkies who are males like. so I kinda figured you were a dude grin
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by ephi321(f): 10:42am On Jun 22, 2017
sukkot:
I dont see that as a credible excuse. I dont care how much I am suffering, I can never lynch or hurt anyone. These people are animals irregardless of their circumstances. Hey, it is what it is. Life goes on, while i try my best to avoid these demonic people lmao grin

True. There can never be a good enough reason to set another human ablaze. It's just so vicious. Extremely animalistic, we can as well head to the jungle if that is how to live.

sukkot:
Oh i just see what you meant here. you are not a he but a she ? OK LOL .my bad. I have always thought you were a he for some weird reason lmao. I think you once had a picture of like a race car as your avatar right ? and I figured these are the kinds of activities adrenaline junkies who are males like. so I kinda figured you were a dude grin

Nah, I've never put up an avatar, although there is a guy with a similar moniker to mine so maybe he's the one you are referring to.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 22, 2017
lemme comment b4 dem lock this thread
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by Soljaboi44(m): 10:56am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamdmentor1:
Seun, remove that Islam oath you force everyone to make before commenting on Muslim threads
I swear... that's why I deactivated my former account.
jhux imagine.
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by APCsupporter: 10:56am On Jun 22, 2017
Iamdmentor1:

So that you would keep invading our threads with insults? oga please don't listen to them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by ksstroud: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2017
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

Okay
Please we don't want to experience any other tsunami like 2014 again oooo grin grin grin
Everything must work by fire by force...
Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by LionDeLeo: 11:05am On Jun 22, 2017
APCsupporter:

So that you would keep invading our threads with insults? oga please don't listen to them

Don't mind him.

His problem is Islam and so shall it be till the end of time.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by coptic: 11:05am On Jun 22, 2017
Kondomatic:
Seun don't seem to care.

Mynd banned a username from April to December for one stupid reason like that.

People there reported the injustice to Seun but he did nothing. He ignored them all.

And that's a bad sign.

I observed that mynd44 is like that. He banned some handle for 2 months and bans another for 2 days, over the same "offence."

It looks like they do as pleased there are no rules guiding these things and that's bad for business.

What's the point of having 1,827,055 registered members when 2/3rd of those numbers are alternate handles?

Their bans here are just a vendetta, and not meant to correct behaviors. the actual number of nairaland members should be somewhere in the region of 500 - 700,000.

Most people now have alternate handles, no thanks to the arbitrary bans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by talk2saintify(m): 11:13am On Jun 22, 2017
Kondomatic:
502 error wan kill me here.....

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Slowness And Downtime by APCsupporter: 11:19am On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Don't mind him.
His problem is Islam and so shall it be till the end of time.
ameen

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

35 Interesting Facts You Don't Know / OLUWATOYIN AKANBI Is Missing - Please Help / Stripping Self To Avoid Arrest In Nigeria - A New Trend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.