Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East (54344 Views)

My Opinion About The Whole South East Landlocked Noise!! / Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju / Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by steppins: 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
Adebowale89:

ask your kinsmen here first why they hide under Yoruba moniker

don't be an hypocrite

cowardice is when u make a chest beating to leave Nigeria, only for north to tell u to leave and u started begging and pleading. that's a typical example of coward
Same old story. Igbos are not leaving Nigeria unofficially.
A referendum must take place before they can step foot out of Nigeria.
So, keep singing that tired line till you lose your voice.

3 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Emtol01: 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
ERockson:
Kwankwaso really rubbishes the SE with this statement. So the whole SE is so small that the land igbo occupied in the north is now bigger than the whole SE. What an Insult!
I tell you. No be small insult
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by jchioma: 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
The end to Nigeria's problem is fiscal federalism. Kano has 44 local government.

Every month they meet in Abuja and carry 44 lorries of money bags back to their impoverish state.

Bayelsa has only 8, at the end of the month, their money bags are 8.

Kano state can choose to be idle; their leaders can go to Mecca, Dubai, London; returns back, straight to Abuja for another month, take their sweatless cash and the cycle continues.

What fiscal federalism means is that every state control it own resources and source of wealth but contribute a specific amount to the center, which is Abuja. By that arrangement, Kano state would reason again about having a bloated 44 local government. Nobody would tell them what to do. By the time they pay allocation to the 44 local government chairmen in their state, they would restructure within and accommodate only 20. Fiscal federalism was what we had in 60's until the military system of government came in place. Have you spoken to an Hausa man before? They do often boast of Kano groundnut pyramid.

That was what Kano boost economically within their fiscal structure when Nigeria had true federalism. But the argument within the Gambarian elites are that having number of regions with financial autonomy could cripple the centre; this is far from the truth. As a Political Apologist, I can prove it mathematically with a Political Apologetics Proof. But first and foremost, fiscal means treasury or finance.

LETS START: Federalism means, Power=central authority+ number of regions(equation 1). But Central authority=Abuja(equation 2)
Not what we have today, which is, Power=Abuja(equation 3).

Making "number of regions" the subject of the formula in equation 1, we have, number of regions=Power-central authority(equation 4)
Substitute for equation 2&3 to equation 4( i.e let us bring the old and new system together)

We have, number of regions=Abuja-Abuja=0(equation 5)

Now substitute "number of regions" which is equation 5 to equation 1(where we first started). It becomes, Power=central authority+0(equation 6). So people afraid that restructuring, which could result in bringing up number of regions(with financial autonomy), would destabilize Nigeria(Abuja), are wrong. Remember, central authority=Abuja(equation 2). And Power=Abuja. So power can never leave ABUJA, because Power equals central authority according to equation 6
_Apologist Azolike Nonso Afamefuna
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Adebowale89(m): 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ngozi123:

Can't you detect the sarcasm in my post?

okay
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by UGLEEBOI: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
jordinsparkles:
you think you're special so, you judge every igbos you meet
and you probably think you're better than them..... well, i'll tell you what: if you
ever think i'm blind just cause i don't believe in what you
believe in, i'll say you're short sighted because Tony Elumelu and Orji Uzor Kalu
Are amongst the richest men in Africa and guess what dummy! they're from igbo land, you Bat!!
we're just sinners in different Boats, probably going to
different hell....but perhaps you're already there. Mind you don't quote me unless you want to start what you won't finish!!!

EMPTY THREATS..

jus like ur Broda Nnamdi kunu... cheesy

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Adebowale89(m): 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
steppins:

Same old story. Igbos are not leaving Nigeria unofficially.
A referendum must take place before they can step foot out of Nigeria.
So, keep singing that tired line till you lose your voice.

goodluck to u my brother. keep waiting for your referendum, wish u happy secession in advance
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by TheSociopath(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
PDJT:
-Rubbish!

-Apple inc is wealthier than Nigeria. How much land did Steve Jobs and co required to create such enormous wealth?
-Israel produce more milk and food than the whole of Nigeria, with very little landmass.
Abokki is very far away from civilization. Quote me anywhere!

-How about he till that land and feed his millions of almajiri people roaming the streets on empty stomach begging for daily-bread?
-How many Abokkis are living in IDP camps today?
Abeg carry your desert and go!!

Igbos are just ungrateful!
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Najokee: 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
[s][s]
Ngozi123:

Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else- I don't associate myself with jobless men undecided.
[/s][/s]
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by PDJT: 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
[s]
TheSociopath:

Igbos are just ungrateful!
[/s]

-So Igbos should be "grateful" for losing millions of their people in a senseless massacre, pogrom, genocide & jihad by Nigerians hell-bent on sustaining white man experimental colony?
-Get away, Psychopath!

3 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
The whole of South East is about the size of Oyo state.
Niger state is 6 times more than the entire South East in size.
Kogi state is about 4 to 5 times bigger.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by GeneralOjukwu: 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ziluxger:

Pack their things and go back to Iboland and be answering Nigerians or Biafrans? Go back to iboland , will Nigerian police and army still be roaming their streets or they will form their own force. Will NTA still be broadcasting there telling them how the vegetable is doing in London. Will the Nigerian army allow them have a capital somewhere or they will still be taking abuja as their capital. My friend reason like a human being and stop being an afonja bad belle. Igbos are not fools. They can't go home and Nigeria will still be having presence there, that will amount to an insult. I support them going home because that's what they want. But if they must go as u suggested, bear in mind that that day Nigerian police, army and other forces will cease to exist there. Abuja will be Nigeria's capital and not theirs again. Until Nigeria is ready for this, Ibos still remain equal stake holders in Nigeria and will not go anywhere. Note Igbos are not afraid to confront anybody that threatened them. Quote me and say whatever you like but this is the obvious truth

Igbos are not afraid....yet i saw you online chest-beaters sh1tting your pants when Almajiri Youths issued their ultimatum wink

Delusions of grandeur grin

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by femolii: 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
MISFITrep:
if by 'dominate' you mean wide spread petty trading then no wahala ... what sectors of the economy do you domimate? Banking? Oil&gas? Telecoms? Aviation? Hospitality? Insurance? Real estate (in top cities)? Do your research well and you will see that tje biggest in these sectors are hausas and yorubas...before you argue list all the top reputable firms in these sectors and find out their owners
Thank u for that.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by femolii: 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
Why you dey embarrass yourself like this nah Are you for real?
U are d one embarrasing ur self if u don't.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by femolii: 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
Why you dey embarrass yourself like this nah Are you for real?
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Ishaq717(m): 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
IgboticGirl:

u just decided to reason it negatively....but dats is not my business

we dominate every where we go cool cool cool

south korea is just like Niger state ...but is Nigeria more developed dan them ....no
Eh Eh, no call my state for here oo, toh.... I hv spoken
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by zombieHUNTER: 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
femolii:

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by chrisskynet(m): 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Pls pack your things and duck off my mention.

Nonsense.

Till wen u have sense he will duck off ur quote ok.. just shut up and listen to ur elders...
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Ugosample(m): 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
AnanseK:
Kwankwaso has always supported and encouraged the Igbo entrepreneurs. He provided large expanse of land at Dawanau District of Kano Municipal and very close to the international market site where the "New Enugu" is at an advanced stage of development. The place even now can compete with choice locations in Abuja AMAC or Lekki in Lagos.
But just because he mentioned the fact that the land owned by Igbos in Niger outside the SE is bigger than the size of the 5 SE states the illiterates among them are feeling insulted. The five SE states have a total of 29.2 thousands square kilometers. Niger state covers 71 thousand sq. Km . Even Borno state covers 65,000 sq km which is more than twice the size of the SE. These are geographical facts and are not a measure of development but of potentials only.

Don't mind all these people abeg
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by slivertongue: 10:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
MISFITrep:
it was said out of pity for the numerous petty trading businesses you guys own widespread in the north...he was thinking of the imminent hunger you guys will face if you leave the north to your biafra land, just like the hunger you faced in 66' to 70'

pity?? for a people who just want to exit nigeria peaceful
they seem not to bother about the fate that awaits them back home. i guess they are willing to die at home than eat bread abroad
dont worry about them, all will workout well
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by ChikezieU(m): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
MISFITrep:
fool! How many igbo men have ever owned what aliko dangote, theophilus danjuma, rabiu abdulsamad, mike adenuga, folorunsho alakija etc own? Account holders?! Is that how your retarded illiterate brain defines bank ownership and control? Lol... fidelity bank and diamond bank are the only big bank igbos own! Gtb (yorubas) zenith (deltans) first bank ( hausas and yorubas) fcmb (yorubas) u.b.a (deltans and hausas) ... do you know what real estate means? Do you know the high value sort after estates in alpha cities like lagos and abuja? The ikoyis, VIs, maitama, asokoro etc igbo people don't control these markets...nigeria has 474 oil blocs (OPLs and OMLs ) hausas own about half... why do you think niger-delta militants always cry out?! Igbos don't own sh**t...spare parts is your calling
replying you is a waste of time join hands and break the damn country since you are more favored and has nothing lose...the lose of igbos is non of your buz
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by jamaldeenn: 11:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
University of Ilorin Students set to break Guinness World record

https://www.nairaland.com/3877771/university-ilorin-students-set-break
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by louwie(m): 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
AnanseK:

Why do I have to meet with dunces like this one angry angry

i am tempted to join words with you at this point but i refuse to. I see you as my little brother so i have to be the adult here.

Have a good night rest lil bro, Make sure to pray. I will check in on you in the morning bye.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:
That is none of our biz.

How many non ibos are allowed to own landed property in the east?

They should leave jor, nonsense.

What nonsense is this? Have u ever try to buy land in the South East and someone stopped you? Have been to the South East before? I doubt if you've ever left your enclave since you were born
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by TundeHashim(m): 12:33am On Jun 23, 2017
gberra:
Funny you!. "ilorin descent " what is that supposed to mean?.
The stool originally belongs to Afonja & if need be Yorubas would create their own Islamic caliphate. So, Fulani could take their dynasty back to sokoto. That will never be an issue anyway.
If really truly your mom is Yoruba, she should have told you that Yorubaness than Religion matters to the Yoruba.
Ilorin the land of our ancestors!!. Ile baba baba tiwa ni ilorin.
I'm so certain you ain't from ilorin. And I don't know u guys problem with Ilorin. Almost all Ilorin indigenes are happy with the status quo...for God's sake, the throne occupied by Mai-Martaba Sarkin Ilori Al Hajji Ibrahim Zulukarnain Gambari is fundamentally different from that occupied by Afonja! So I don't see how "the stool originally belongs to Afonja". Please non-Ilorin should leave us alone fa...I assure you I won't dignify ur post with a reply again. You've got no "locus standi" to complain on how things are coz you're not part of us...thank you!
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by engrchykae(m): 12:34am On Jun 23, 2017
ernieboy:

why would anyone need courage to invest in the east, entrepreneurs see opportunities and they simply invest what has courage got to do with it?
the east is for the rugged not babies.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by caracas: 2:29am On Jun 23, 2017
MISFITrep:
lmao! You think capital oil is the biggest oil company in nigeria?! Even in the downstream capital oil plays you must have heard forte oil, oando Etc not owned by igbos... paschal dozie does not even come close owning majority shares in MTN, because he is the chairman of the board? You don't know who mike adenuga is? No igbo dynasty has ever owned even one-third of what that man owns...MTN is a south african thing abeg is not for igbos....elumelu is not an igbo man pls and he is not the biggest banker in nigeria by any standard; dividend earned, value of stock, influence etc jim ovia is
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by caracas: 2:44am On Jun 23, 2017
MISFITrep:
lmao! You think capital oil is the biggest oil company in nigeria?! Even in the downstream capital oil plays you must have heard forte oil, oando Etc not owned by igbos... paschal dozie does not even come close owning majority shares in MTN, because he is the chairman of the board? You don't know who mike adenuga is? No igbo dynasty has ever owned even one-third of what that man owns...MTN is a south african thing abeg is not for igbos....elumelu is not an igbo man pls and he is not the biggest banker in nigeria by any standard; dividend earned, value of stock, influence etc jim ovia is
Oga capital oil is the biggest downstream player ,while seplat is the biggest indigenous upstream player in Nigeria, also owned by an igbo man(A.B.C Orjiakor ).The igbos hold sway in the banking sector with the likes of Paschal dozie ,elumelu and even Jim ovia can still be considered igbo cos they are from the igbo speaking side of delta. The Aniomas .
Your comments about adenuga n the igbos betrays u as a member of the indomie generation,but even at that google is your friend.
Pls Oga google Sir Louis Philip odumegwu ojukwu
The first multimillionaire in Africa n by far richest man Nigeria ever had till date,even dangote no smell am today how much more adenuga of yesterday.
Dangote today is worth 14 billion dollars n adenuga 5.5 billion dollars,but sir ojukwu at the point of his death in 1966 was worth a whopping 40 billion dollars .
I make bold to say that no Nigerian can ever attain such a feat .That my dear is an igbo man for you.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by tiger28: 2:47am On Jun 23, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
A land we can abandon for better ones globally under a new nation

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by LionDeLeo: 3:05am On Jun 23, 2017
misterme:

What nonsense is this? Have u ever try to buy land in the South East and someone stopped you? Have been to the South East before? I doubt if you've ever left your enclave since you were born

"Have you ever try to..."

This is what I'm saying.

They are this, they are that but their Aba made "engrish" always give them away.

Illiterate, duck off my mention jor.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by LionDeLeo: 3:21am On Jun 23, 2017
lordyugo:

you see why you are a dim witted simpleton who can nvr be financially liberated.
if the igbos control 80% of the finance/capital in every region its common sense and logic that the IGR from those regions was boosted by them.
another hilarious fact is that most industries in the sw are owned by igbos and foreigners cheesy cheesy.

"We own 90% of Lagos property, we own 80% of property in Abuja, we developed Lagos, we developed the North, we are the most successful in the world, everyone is jealous of us, Nigeria cannot exist without us bla bla bla, ain't u ashamed already?

Abeg get the fvck outta my mention jare.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by LionDeLeo: 3:24am On Jun 23, 2017
madbuhari:
since u can't afford a plot of land in igboland that goes for 40million and above ,better stay in that ur hinterland ijebu village

Noted, but pack you things and leave.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by LionDeLeo: 3:25am On Jun 23, 2017
chinah609:
did anybody stopped you from acquiring landed property in the east?.....

See the Aba made "engrish".

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

A Vehicle With "BIAFRA" As Number Plate In The US Spotted By A Nairalander / Anibaba: A Former Councillor In Lagos Pushing Truck (Video) / Sunday Igboho's Bank Accounts Frozen, Rejects Award By Yoruba Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.