Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East (54347 Views)

My Opinion About The Whole South East Landlocked Noise!! / Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju / Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by manikspears: 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
IgboticGirl:
grin grin grin grin grin

DAT is Y IGBOS are called developers

even in a desert an Igbo man will make tree to grow their .......is just nature

ehen,make them migrate go sahara now cheesy
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by nathdim: 3:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
MISFITrep:
if by 'dominate' you mean wide spread petty trading then no wahala ... what sectors of the economy do you domimate? Banking? Oil&gas? Telecoms? Aviation? Hospitality? Insurance? Real estate (in top cities)? Do your research well and you will see that tje biggest in these sectors are hausas and yorubas...before you argue list all the top reputable firms in these sectors and find out their owners
ode and how much are they making the rich dudes among them are the ones that still their bosses money have you counted d numbers of houses around the country and know how many that belongs to the igbos
the banking sector am very sure 70 percent of accounts that are active in Nigeria belongs to people running businesses around the country and who are the business men igbos
Oil sector how many oil Wells do you have both hausa and yoruba combined together
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by bootylady101(f): 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
funny enough when biafra is actualized, the masses would move to the east while those who have businesses in the north or any other part of Nigeria won't relocate
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
Amarabae:
If not I have already married a Nigerian,
my initial plan was to marry a NON-NIGERIAN.
I am tired of this country.
why not restructure the country and let us live as one and in peace?
i can still fūck you and marry you. I'm Indian.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by jordinsparkles(f): 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
TundeHashim:
it seems u don't get the way the word "developer" is being used specifically with respect to ibos...it is sarcastic at best and ironic at worst...if you guys develop anything...it is fake drugs, fake electronics, cocaine export, internet scam, etc. in fact, you've "developed" those fields beyond the average Nigerian expectations..Nonsense (developers my foot)
and you too! You guys kill people for ritual, rape young people, cause mayhems, and live worthless lives.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Ngozi123(f): 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
TundeHashim:
the problems facing ibos are completely caused by them. it hurts other Nigerians to see people that have nothing, own nothing, can do nothing, and being the perfect example of nothingness being boastful and arrogant! ibos would remain in Nigeria for the next 1000 years and if u guys continue to put ur ur stupid arrogant character; you'll be dominated and enslaved for that 1000 years..quote me anytime

Your country is a terrorism haven and is currently under the threat of famine. Your leaders literally steal food out of starving babies' mouths and most of your youth are unemployed. Your country has one of the highest rates of HIV in the world, second only to South Africa- a country that is routinely mocked on this site- and some of your people are still dying from polio. Your food health checks are a myth and nobody, not even your elected officials care one iota about your health and safety.

You have nothing yet your politicians have it all but instead of directing all of your problems to the appropriate people, you are here, mocking a people whose only crime is to demand for self-determination, something that is entirely within their rights, may I add. You and your likes are the reason why your country will never succeed. It will never succeed... undecided

4 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by PDJT: 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
[s]
pahen1991:
get sense
[/s]
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by caracas: 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
MISFITrep:
embarrass the rest of nigeria by telling us the aforementioned sectors of the economy you dominate...how many banks are igbo controlled? How many telecomms corporations do you own? Of all the top class hotels in lagos abuja p.h that the international community recognises how many is run by igbos? Or do igbos control niger-delta oil operations? Who are the top farmers in nigeria? Apart from lmportation of electronics and household items, what else do you guys contribute?
Mention any business venture an igbo owns and I will
tell you a bigger non-igbo player
Okay u want stats abi
An igbo is the biggest in oil _capital oil ifeanyi uba
An igbo is the biggest banker in Nigeria _ elumelu
An igbo is the largest share holder in Nigeria's largest telecom biz Mtn _Paschal dozie
Igbos dominate the media,sports entertaiment own the highest Real estates, Aviation ,they own the biggest markets ,local industries etc.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Najokee: 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
IgboticGirl:
grin grin grin grin grin

but......how come "trees" are not growing in SE

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by ikwubaba: 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Lebanese and citizens of other countries owning lands in Nigeria are heavily tasked and they don't insult Nigerians.

Now pack your things and leave. If you must own anything in Nigeria, it must be with the approval of the govt and a proper agreement must reached.

You don't insult your host calling them parasites and expect them to continue hosting you.

I'm sorry to say, people are thinking like children. You don't want to remain in same country with someone again, but you want to continue you business and leave in his country. Amazing. Problem is I hear many Ibos utter this expectations. Crazy I believe. Anyway, the who gragra is just facade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Daguccizgreat(m): 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
ERockson:
Kwankwaso really rubbishes the SE with this statement. So the whole SE is so small that the land igbo occupied in the north is now bigger than the whole SE. What an Insult!
Agbaya
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by ab11baddo(m): 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
caracas:

If your statistic is true then i pity u ppl when igbos leave .Cos Lagos is responsible for 80% of the south West revenue n igbos are responsible for 80% of Lagos igr.
Do the maths n see why i pity u guies if igbos leave .
it's funny how u guys cook up stats from your head. ... Please don't forget Lagos don't encompas Yoruba and igbos alone.... Enough of this "we own 90% investment in Lagos and abuja" doesn't it sound absurd in u guys ears ...ur people have this utopic idea of them being d power players in wherever they are.... It's wrong and it's becoming boastful
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Ngozi123(f): 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
anyebedgreat:
Do Lebanese call Notherners cows and Nigeria a zoo. You mustn't be a Nigerian to keep your assets but you also shouldn't have anything to do with Nigeria if you hate Nigeria. Nobody accomodates a professed foe who is not helping him in anyway in his home.

No, they call them 'abeed', which means slave in Arabic. If you think that Arabs actually like you as a black man then you're in for a nasty surprise. They also treat a lot of their Nigerian workers like crap but you won't talk about that, will you?

5 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Adebowale89(m): 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ngozi123:

Most of the Igbos who have properties outside of Igboland also have properties in their villages/towns. An Igbo man living in a shack in Lagos will send money home to build a mansion in his village. This is an exaggeration but it's rooted in truth.

I really hope so because if not this northerners won't have the audacity to be given them quit notice

beside we are talking abt investment that can promote the growth and development of southeast.

despite house and land is an asset but it still not a means of revenue in developing southeastern region

thanks to innoson, Ifeanyi ubah and the likes that have their investment in east but these are just minority of the majority of igbos who have their investment out of southeast

maybe they don't believe in the region or they are regretting being an indigene of eastern part of Nigeria
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by soulhacker: 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
say no to drugs
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by TundeHashim(m): 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
A fulani from Illorin? The Yorubas own ilorin and not
some peasants from futa jallon
lol! I doubt if you've been to Ilorin...I'm from tanke, my fore fathers founded Tanke and we've been the masters of that district for a hundred years...Yorubas don't own Ilorin...no one owns Ilorin..Ilorin people are united in blood and faith under the PERMANENT leadership if the house of Alimi...I don't think I'll ever come back to this again. and lest I forget, Fulanis ain't peasants but nobles
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Najokee: 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ngozi123:

Your country is a terrorism haven and is currently under the threat of famine. Your leaders literally steal food out of starving babies' mouths and most of your youth are unemployed. Your country has one of the highest rates of HIV in the world, second only to South Africa- a country that is routinely mocked on this site- and some of your people are still dying from polio. Your food health checks are a myth and nobody, not even your elected officials care one iota about your health and safety.

You have nothing yet your politicians have it all but instead of directing all of your problems to the appropriate people, you are here, mocking a people whose only crime is to demand for self-determination, something that is entirely within their rights, may I add. You and your likes are the reason why your country will never succeed. It will never succeed... undecided

....have you heard...a new title has been given to Biafrans , please visit the link below you are guys are now...wait for it........wait...wait..... deluded hypocritical gullible chest beating coward biafuro unity begging BANTU IMMIGRANT slave jews
grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3858834/igbos-really-come-nigeria-old/9#57751517
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by cardinal12: 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
Any aboki who is rich is wealthy, anyone who is poor is wretched, an average Hausa Man doesn't own a property even in his community. those useless and jobless Northern youths are waiting for opportunities to claim igbo peoples properties after roaming the streets as almajiri for many years. shame on you idiots and the useless folks in nairaland supporting evil
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by TundeHashim(m): 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

At least, we don't go about destroying other people's means of livelihood, killing farmers, raping their wives and daughters and terrorizing the whole communities in the country. Isn't that a virtue?
that should be a virtue to the likes of Evans Coz I'm certain he's no Fulani!

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by AnanseK(m): 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
louwie:

This my friend is a poor attempt at shifting the original subject matter.

That said, if the argument is "where the money was made" and not "who makes the money".....then i take my leave. bye.

The whole topic is about the value of the north to Igbos , remember? Not whether Igbos make money or not, that is not in contention and not relevant to the thread.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
TundeHashim:
lol! I doubt if you've been to Ilorin...I'm from tanke, my fore fathers founded Tanke and we've been the masters of that district for a hundred years...Yorubas don't own Ilorin...no one owns Ilorin..Ilorin people are united in blood and faith under the PERMANENT leadership if the house of Alimi...I don't think I'll ever come back to this again. and lest I forget, Fulanis ain't peasants but nobles
You are sick thinking the yorubas are united under any fulani Alimi. A force greater than Opc is coming to send Gambari back to Sokoto.

Ilorin belongs to Yoruba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by emmanuelex1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
WAIT OOO IS ALL THIS ENGLISH FOR SIMPLE REFERENDUM? WHY DO I HAVE THIS FEELING THAT THE NORTH TRULY NEED IGBOS? IF YOU KWANKWASO SAYS IGBOS HAVE NOWHERE TO GO THEN WHY NOT GRANT THEM SIMPLE REFERENDUM? I DO NOT BELIEVE IN TOO MUCH ENGLISH JUST MAKE REFERENDUM BE THE LITMUS TEST. EEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMM THAT'S ALL
Meenaj:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/why-igbos-cannot-leave-north-kwankwaso/202736.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9930254297
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by intruxive(m): 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
TundeHashim:
the problems facing ibos are completely caused by them. it hurts other Nigerians to see people that have nothing, own nothing, can do nothing, and being the perfect example of nothingness being boastful and arrogant! ibos would remain in Nigeria for the next 1000 years and if u guys continue to put ur ur stupid arrogant character; you'll be dominated and enslaved for that 1000 years..quote me anytime
This should be framed and placed in every governor in the east's office . Damn!!!

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by cardinal12: 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
TundeHashim:
that should be a virtue to the likes of Evans Coz I'm certain he's no Fulani!
And Kabiru sokoto, the chibok elders that kidnapped their own children
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Mune: 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
Bambela:
Being part of a country is not requirement for acquisition property. Igbos can go and still retain there property in the north. Even Kwankwaso had property in Dubai and other part of the world. His comment is insulting.

What is insulting about what Kwankwaso said?

The man is trying to say something to unite the country , but reading comprehension is blocking your ability to understand.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
farouk0403:

I will really like to, but i don't want what happened to my maternal grand dad to happen to me.

He lost millions of his investment in Abia my step grand mum lost her arm, i don't even wish to go to southeast. Is a no go area for me
u mean Maiduguri?
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by mustymatic(m): 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
caracas:

Tell them my bro i wud rather have a small fertile land like Biafra than a large desert like the north .
Fertile WHAAT??

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by vic155: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
ERockson:
Kwankwaso really rubbishes the SE with this statement. So the whole SE is so small that the land igbo occupied in the north is now bigger than the whole SE. What an Insult!

Hmmmm you consider it insult simply because u have never been to any place in your life! Please wakeup and go round the world so that ur eyes ll open.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by dojnr4real: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
Most of you your power only lies on your keyboard
Please let me have some rest.
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Giyerte(m): 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
ERockson:

Niger state is bigger than the entire South East
Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
Every land owned by an Igbo man, anywhere in Nigeria is a property of the individual man or woman that owns the land, and not an Igbo property.

The individual man or woman if he or she so desire can apply for Dual Citizenship, this is a global standard. The person can equally desire to denounce Nigerian Citizenship, but he still has the right as enshrined in the UN and ECOWAS charters to pay Non-Resident Tax to the country, which their hard asset is domiciled while living there as a foreigner. He or she can always decide to incorporate his/her business there and assign Real Estate Management Company to handle the financials as well as day to day administration of such assets.

The Northerners are nursing a deep hatred to the Igbos, because these people, love to develop where ever they find themselves. They do not go anywhere and live like slaves. Igbos are naturally free with everyone, but the marginalization of the SE region is very glaring. Sincere people know the truth.

Instead of hating on the Igbos and threatening them with useless statements of this nature, it is best to be close to them and learn business from them instead of hating them. That is what I did, and now I am a master of my universe with Igbos remaining at least 50% of my partners, employees and even concubines. I hate no tribe, hate no human, I hate no Gods.

Thanks for reading.

9 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
IgboticGirl:
grin grin grin grin grin

Gbam,..this is something no other tribe possess and that is why the igbos have packs of haters...this is THE MAIN THE MAIN reason for all the bitterness..from hater,and not because they want to separate from nig

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Anibaba: A Former Councillor In Lagos Pushing Truck (Video) / Amaechi Laughing In The National Asssembly Hearing. Photos / Sunday Igboho's Bank Accounts Frozen, Rejects Award By Yoruba Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.