Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) (32533 Views)

Man Who 'Tied Pregnant Woman With Coffin & Fowl' Paraded In Anambra (Pic, Video) / Three Armed Robbers Shot Dead By Task Force After Being Caught In Benue (Photos) / Man Caught Raping A Little Girl, Paraded In Public (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by Flashmove: 2:31am On Jun 24, 2017
Three armed robbery suspects refused to be paraded before newsmen on Friday after they were arrested by a team of policemen from the State Police Command attached to the Rumuolumeni Police Station.

The trio identified as Charles Harry, John James and Frank Anyaegbulem, gave policemen a tough time as they vowed that they were ready to be shot dead than allow themselves to be paraded before newsmen.

They were arrested on Thursday behind a bar located at Mbaka Town in Rumuolumeni, where they were engaged in drinking and smoking of Indian hemp.

On searching a hidden apartment behind the bar, the policemen, who were led by the Divisional Police Officer, Kingsley Chukwueggu, a Superintendent of Police, recovered various arms and ammunition.

Efforts made by the policemen to parade them were not successful as the suspects insisted that they were ready to be shot dead than to be paraded.

One of the suspects said, “I did not commit any crime. I will not allow myself to be paraded. I’m ready to be shot dead here than allow myself to stand at that place (paraded).”

The suspects also refused to speak with newsmen, who wanted to get their own part of the story and why they were involved in armed robbery.

However, Chukwueggu disclosed that the police recovered 25 rounds of live ammunition, 7.62mm loaded in a magazine, local revolver pistol with 9mm live ammunition and 32 pieces of live ammunition for AK-47 rifles..

Other items recovered, according to him, are one pair of Mobile Police combat trousers, three face masks, three refrigerators, three television sets, two DVD players and one pack of gunpowder, bag of Indian hemp, sachet of hard drugs and one generator.

“On Thursday (22/06/2017) at about noon, we raided a bar after we were tipped off and discovered an apartment at the back of Ada Base bar in Mbaka Town. We arrested three suspects.

“On searching the apartment, we recovered arms and ammunition and other items. The suspects are currently in our custody and would be arraigned in court as soon as possible.

“One of the suspects escaped as he scaled the fence before we could get to him. But our men are currently on his trail with a view to arresting him and bringing him to book,” the DPO added.

Speaking on the fight against crime in the state, Mr. Nnamdi Omoni, the State Police Public Relations Officer, warned criminals to stay away from Rivers or be ready to face the wrath of the law whenever they were caught.

Omoni pointed out that the State Police Command would not go back on its charge in ensuring that crime was fought to a standstill.

“Criminals should repent or stay away from the state before being caught,” he warned.
http://www.naijaresponds.com/2017/06/three-armed-robbery-suspects-refuse-to.html

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by LionDeLeo: 2:36am On Jun 24, 2017
I have seen their names.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by Flashmove: 2:37am On Jun 24, 2017
durentchigozie:
burn them alive quick. no time

No Jungle Justice Bro, My Bible tells me that no one have the right to take the life of one another no matter the crime they committed Life sentence would be better..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by uyaima: 2:57am On Jun 24, 2017
Mabakatali not mabaka.me dy stay there.we hear say police go Ada base bar go carry some boys were them dy drink.but na for this forum,i hear say them be thief.

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by jay2pee(m): 3:31am On Jun 24, 2017
Smh
Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by stefanweeks: 3:34am On Jun 24, 2017
Real drama
This is a 1st

Come to think of it

Does the police really have the right to parade alleged suspects

12 Likes

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by Flashmove: 3:45am On Jun 24, 2017
stefanweeks:
Real drama
This is a 1st

Come to think of it

Does the police really have the right to parade alleged suspects

Suspects should be paraded after court finds them guilty of any offence levelled against them.

Parading suspected criminals is a human rights violations.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by falcon01: 4:01am On Jun 24, 2017
How are they still alive and talking??

2 Likes

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by Flashmove: 4:11am On Jun 24, 2017
falcon01:

Check your signature....... Is that a good Signature? Lets be positive , We have Laws to deal with Thieves , Let us not take Laws into our hands.
Jungle Justice has killed so many innocents people than HIV in Nigeria,

8 Likes

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by falcon01: 4:27am On Jun 24, 2017
Flashmove:

Check your signature....... Is that a good Signature? Lets be positive , We have Laws to deal with Thieves , Let us not take Laws into our hands.
Jungle Justice has killed so many innocents people than HIV in Nigeria,
oga I've been defending them for long I've never beaten a thief my whole life infact i am one of those people who call for help when a thief gets caught. But on wednesday something shockingly terrible happened to me and it changed my life. I bought a new bike 2 days old and these useless people fab it. They went o my room stole 3 phones each worth nothing less than 50k 2 laptops with some hard disk, flash , modem and a lot of other stuffs. I swear i almost died that day. The worse part is i saw them escaping but i was too far called police and nothing has been done uptill now.

4 Likes

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by Ajewealth123(m): 4:51am On Jun 24, 2017
uyaima:
Mabakatali not mabaka.me dy stay there.we hear say police go Ada base bar go carry some boys were them dy drink.but na for this forum,i hear say them be thief.
wetin guns and ammunitions dey do for their house?
No smoke without fire bro

2 Likes

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by xtivin(m): 4:51am On Jun 24, 2017
I can bet you those guys aren't armed robbers, they are just niggas hanging out during a routine police wahala. Maybe they refuse to settle and as usual police frame them up. A police man once called me a car snatcher because of incomplete papers

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by LionDeLeo: 5:02am On Jun 24, 2017
xtivin:
I can bet you those guys aren't armed robbers, they are just niggas hanging out during a routine police wahala. Maybe they refuse to settle and as usual police frame them up. A police man once called me a car snatcher because of incomplete papers

Before you bet, pls read this part of the report.

However, Chukwueggu disclosed that the police recovered 25 rounds of live ammunition, 7.62mm loaded in a magazine, local revolver pistol with 9mm live ammunition and 32 pieces of live ammunition for AK-47 rifles..

Other items recovered, according to him, are one pair of Mobile Police combat trousers, three face masks, three refrigerators, three television sets, two DVD players and one pack of gunpowder, bag of Indian hemp, sachet of hard drugs and one generator.

3 Likes

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by xtivin(m): 5:04am On Jun 24, 2017
LionDeLeo:

You don't know police, it's their weapons o

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by Flashmove: 5:09am On Jun 24, 2017
xtivin:

Hahaha, the police maybe right... Why do you have incomplete paper if the car is yours.

Hope no jungle justice on you.

3 Likes

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by Flashmove: 5:30am On Jun 24, 2017
falcon01:
oga I've been defending them for long I've never beaten a thief my whole life infact i am one of those people who call for help when a thief gets caught. But on wednesday something shockingly terrible happened to me and it changed my life. I bought a new bike 2 days old and these useless people fab it. They went o my room stole 3 phones each worth nothing less than 50k 2 laptops with some hard disk, flash , modem and a lot of other stuffs. I swear i almost died that day. The worse part is i saw them escaping but i was too far called police and nothing has been done uptill now.

Am really sorry , I was also attacked before from small small boys that I can squeeze with my fingers, but i could not due to the sophisticated weapons they had.

I left everything for God...and moved on. Am still better than them.
Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by chinybelle(f): 5:39am On Jun 24, 2017
You pick up boys flexing and next you want to parade then as thieves just because they refused to fill your corrupt pocket?

If I haven't experienced this in ph I would have believed this story
Bunch of criminals, wearing uniform and calling themselves officers

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by gentlewiz: 5:48am On Jun 24, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Nigerian police are liars!!! I have seen innocent boys arrested before, paraded like criminals and even sent to jail coz of refusing to settle..

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by gentlewiz: 5:51am On Jun 24, 2017
I'm sure those guys did nothing!! Nigerian police are liars and corrupt set of thieves, The boys were drinking in a bar, What is there business if someone else has an apartment nearby filled with ammunition

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by Partnerbiz3: 7:56am On Jun 24, 2017
Fucckk up
Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by emilyone(f): 8:35am On Jun 24, 2017
I thought they have been advised to stop parading crime suspects.

3 Likes

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by frugal(m): 9:47am On Jun 24, 2017
falcon01:

falcon01:

And so? What right do you have to take somebody's life?

2 Likes

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by 24hourNigeriane(f): 9:51am On Jun 24, 2017
They most FAC it
Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by NwaObinkita: 9:52am On Jun 24, 2017
embarassed
Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 24, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by etinanguy(m): 9:52am On Jun 24, 2017
I can bet my balls, police sometimes r criminal

4 Likes

Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by Lalas247(f): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2017
Awon Eyan Evans
Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by slawomir: 9:56am On Jun 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Three Armed Robbery Suspects Refuse To Be Paraded In Rivers (picture) by vrinko: 9:56am On Jun 24, 2017
falcon01:
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Lost A Colleague To Lagos Bus Drivers / SARS Operatives Torture A Photographer To Death In Ibadan. Graphic Photos / Kidnappers, Armed Robbers Terrorizing Abuja - Kaduna Highway Arrested (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.