Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,562 members, 7,865,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:57 PM

Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell (2079 Views)

Father Mbaka Speaks On Onitsha Fire: Don't Blame Hausas, Obiano Should Resign / Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Hier(m): 11:55am On Aug 31, 2017
LiberaDeus:
The christards An2Elect and the OP Hier cant even get their stories straight.

They cant even agree on how one should be saved whether by grace alone, grace and works, works first then grace, grace first then works and grace grin grin grin grin

When you guys are done arguing with yourselves, continue threatening us with your fictitious god/hell

Flash your IV pls. Loooooool
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Hier(m): 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
onyenze123:

Then yours is INCORRECT. Case closed
Subjective views, do you believe in Mohammed
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by correctguy101(m): 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hier:

loooool, you could school me about them

I gat all the time in the world.

Thanks

You could get them to educate you on what they believe or visit jw.org.

BTW, lemme mention one I know here. Jman04 I think. (NOT sure if CAPSLOCKED is one but he strikes me as one)
if they get this mention, they'll try update you knowledge of the JW maybe here or in another thread.

But I prefer their kinda Christianity, no much wahala except for the trekking gringrin
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Hier(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
correctguy101:

BTW, lemme mention one I know here. Jman04 I think. (NOT sure if CAPSLOCKED is one but he strikes me as one)
if they get this mention, they'll try update you knowledge of the JW maybe here or in another thread.

But I prefer their kinda Christianity, no much wahala except for the trekking gringrin

Some JW came to my home some months and we talked for about 3 hours debating and quoting scriptures, I will say I know a little. Especially, their hatred for the Hell message

You prefer their kinda Christianity?? Are you one of them or you are an atheist? well, if atheist, bye
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by bennyann: 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
LiberaDeus:
The christards An2Elect and the OP Hier cant even get their stories straight.

They cant even agree on how one should be saved whether by grace alone, grace and works, works first then grace, grace first then works and grace grin grin grin grin

When you guys are done arguing with yourselves, continue threatening us with your fictitious god/hell

Na that one go make you happy now grin

None of them stand alone. If Bible talk about grace and still talk about works, e mean say both go together.

But can you try tell me your mind on it, like when you were still a Christian. I mean give us your mind on it as though you're an intelligent Christian who understands the Bible.

For now act as a Christian for my sake wink
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hier:

Subjective views, do you believe in Mohammed

Subjective view? Exactly. Can we now agree religion is not objective (since there is no concrete proof) but subjective (only by faith)?

FYI: I believe in God, not Yahweh, Vinshu, Buddha, Mohammed. I believe in one God who is the source of all energy (infinite energy) and eternal consciousness. It is only a believe without definite proof for now but in do hope in no distant time, Quantum physics will explain it.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by bennyann: 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hier:

missed you, where have you been

I miss you more. I've been seeing your threads and I'm proud of them.

I've been around, trying to put some things in place before coming back here in an active mood. Thank you so much for asking. I hope you've been good?

1 Like

Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by correctguy101(m): 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hier:

Some JW came to my home some months and we talked for about 3 hours debating and quoting scriptures, I will say I know a little. Especially, their hatred for the Hell message

You prefer their kinda Christianity?? Are you one of them or you are an atheist? well, if atheist, bye

Nope, they don't hate hell, they just let you know that the meaning isn't a kinda fire but a state. something they call sheol. something like that, they'll explain better to you or you just visit their website.

Me ke atheist? No way. Neither am I Christian cheesy

My experiences no fit let me. I know better when it comes to topics as these.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by vaxx: 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
onyenze123:

Subjective view? Exactly. Can we now agree religion is not objective (since there is no concrete proof) but subjective (only by faith)?

FYI: I believe in God, not Yahweh, Vinshu, Buddha, Mohammed. I believe in one God who is the source of all energy (infinite energy) and eternal consciousness. It is only a believe without definite proof for now but in do hope in no distant time, Quantum physics will explain it.
science and technology can't explain nature.

that is what scientists do not accept. the more they they try, the more they get confused.

big bang theory has been rejected by many scientists now likewise evolution.

I will end here with a quote. "little knowledge of science makes you an atheist; in-depth knowledge of science makes you believe in God”.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
vaxx:

that is what scientists do not accept. the more they they try, the more they get confused.

I will end here with a quote. "little knowledge of science makes you an atheist; in-depth knowledge of science makes you believe in God”.

A quick one: Do you know it was once believed that Lightening and Thunder ( Which is a natural phenomenon) was caused by Gods? If you check history you will see some Gods bearing the "god of lightening and thunder". This continued for years until science made us to understand that lightening is an electrical energy discharge and thunder is the accompanying sound.

Now Mister imagine flying to New York from Nigeria without meteorological data, how is that journey gonna be?

Or you gonna put your faith in God this time around?

I agree Science doesn't have all the answers but the positive is they are constantly researching thereby advancing Humanity
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
bennyann:

I miss you more. I've been seeing your threads and I'm proud of them.

I've been around, trying to put some things in place before coming back here in an active mood. Thank you so much for asking. I hope you've been good?

active mood

Abeg carry something come oh, hunger dey worry me grin
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by vaxx: 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
onyenze123:

A quick one: Do you know it was once believed that Lightening and Thunder ( Which is a natural phenomenon) was caused by Gods? If you check history you will see some Gods bearing the "god of lightening and thunder". This continued for years until science made us to understand that lightening is an electrical energy discharge and thunder is the accompanying sound.

Now Mister imagine flying to New York from Nigeria without meteorological data, how is that journey gonna be?

Or you gonna put your faith in God this time around?

I agree Science doesn't have all the answers but the positive is they are constantly researching thereby advancing Humanity
yes a good point there.

. But surprisingly, scientists still don't fully understand how the initial spark forms that generates such powerful lightning. and no research yet has ever explained that. nature can't be understand, and that is why they always contradict themselves. may be scientists will take it as a fact some day.

I will never underrate science. science had made a lot of progress that has help humanity. at least from the days of abacus to modern day computer. kudos to them.

may be one day science will develop a drug that can cure laziness , make you laugh when you are sad and so on.

1 Like

Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
vaxx:
yes a good point there.

. But surprisingly, scientists still don't fully understand how the initial spark forms that generates such powerful lightning. and no research yet has ever explained that. nature can't be understand, and that is why they always contradict themselves. may be scientists will take it as a fact some day.

I will never underrate science. science had made a lot of progress that has help humanity. at least from the days of abacus to modern day computer. kudos to them.

may be one day science will develop a drug that can cure laziness , make you laugh when you are sad and so on.

Discovery is a gradual and steady process. That they don't understand it today doesn't mean they can't discover it tomorrow. If you know anything about scientific methodology, you won't be saying Scientists contradict themselves. There is sth called hypothesis, go and study.

Nature can be understand. All it takes is research and finance.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by 0temAtum: 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
onyenze123:

Discovery is a gradual and steady process. That they don't understand it today doesn't mean they can't discover it tomorrow. If you know anything about scientific methodology, you won't be saying Scientists contradict themselves. There is sth called hypothesis, go and study.

The scientists explain much of nature, religion explained none. They just merry-go-round about natural phenomenon and teach themselves dogmas about those occurrences.
Eta-n-tagba 13:1-2
1. An ignorant person(a religious person) will explain what he does not understand in a way that his fellow ignorant homos shall think that they now understand it vividly.
2. But all such are false knowledge.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by LiberaDeus: 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
bennyann:

Na that one go make you happy now grin

None of them stand alone. If Bible talk about grace and still talk about works, e mean say both go together.

But can you try tell me your mind on it, like when you were still a Christian. I mean give us your mind on it as though you're an intelligent Christian who understands the Bible.

For now act as a Christian for my sake wink

My dear Bennyann, i am just stating what am seeing.

As for my opinion on grace and works

The honest truth is that christianity starts from faith which leads to saving grace then as a christian you are meant to show good works and transform yourself to live a holy life by the help of the holy spirit. Your admittance into heaven is based on your works(not carnal works) but spirit inspired works. Your admittance is based on the holiness that has been nurtured into you due to your obedience to the spirits leading and conviction and most importantly grace.

To sum it up, christianity is about being saved from sin and being transformed to be a holy person so you can be deemed worthy of reunion with God.

Now the opinion up there is a honest opinion and summary of what the bible teaches if only it wasnt built on fantasy. If only it was real
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
0temAtum:

The scientists explain much of nature, religion explained none. They just merry-go-round about natural phenomenon and teach themselves dogmas about those occurrences.
Eta-n-tagba 13:1-2
1. An ignorant person(a religious person) will explain what he does not understand in a way that his fellow ignorant homos shall think that they now understand it vividly.
2. But all such are false knowledge.

lol

2 Likes

Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by vaxx: 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
onyenze123:

yes I agree with you discovery is a gradual process. I will not dispute it.

but scratch these.

1 tell me scientific theory that those not required further research because the truth has been known?

2 tell me any scientific discovery that do not contains an element of error?

3 tell me any scientific discovery that all scientists fully agree with?

if no, then you lost a point here. even NASA will say no discovery is absolute.

science methodology contain of four major area. from observation to hypothesis (intelligence guess) to experimentation and lastly conclusion.

hope you will know I am abreast with science methodology now.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Ranchhoddas: 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
vaxx:

Help me with a list of scientists that have rejected the big bang.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by bennyann: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2017
LiberaDeus:

My dear Bennyann, i am just stating what am seeing.

As for my opinion on grace and works

The honest truth is that christianity starts from faith which leads to saving grace then as a christian you are meant to show good works and transform yourself to live a holy life by the help of the holy spirit. Your admittance into heaven is based on your works(not carnal works) but spirit inspired works. Your admittance is based on the holiness that has been nurtured into you due to your obedience to the spirits leading and conviction and most importantly grace.

To sum it up, christianity is about being saved from sin and being transformed to be a holy person so you can be deemed worthy of reunion with God.

Now the opinion up there is a honest opinion and summary of what the bible teaches if only it wasnt built on fantasy. If only it was real

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

I knew you know the word better, though you're a deist. Hmmmm, just like akintom who is an atheist.

Thanks dear LiberaDeus, I enjoyed it all and gained something and you've also voiced my understanding, more also in a very biblical way. cheesy kiss

For the first time let me hail your all round intelligence lipsrsealed wink

You didn't disappoint me at all. Thanks for this honour.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by CAPSLOCKED: 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

I ALSO WANT TO SEE THIS "LIST". grin
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by CAPSLOCKED: 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
correctguy101:

I WAS EMBARRASSED THE DAY 2 MATURED JW MEN PULLED UP AT MY PLACE AND WE STARTED TO TALK.. AND THEY MENTIONED THAT THERE ARE ONLY 2 GODS BELIEVED BY HUMANS. GOD (JESUS'S FATHER) AND ALLAH, THE FAKE ONE BELIEVED BY MUSLIMS.

I SPENT ABOUT 3 HOURS SCHOOLING THEM ABOUT THE THOUSANDS OF GODS IN HISTORY, THEIR ORIGIN AND VARIOUS ATTRIBUTES...

I LATER TOLD THEM TO JOIN ME IN SERVING HORUS, OR PERISH FOREVER.

I'M SURE THEY WENT BACK TO THEIR CHURCH TO TESTIFY THAT THEY HAD ENCOUNTERED THE DEVIL IN PERSON.

I HAVE TIME FOR EVERY TYPE OF NONSENSE. angry

1 Like

Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by correctguy101(m): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

I WAS EMBARRASSED THE DAY 2 MATURED JW MEN PULLED UP AT MY PLACE AND WE STARTED TO TALK.. AND THEY MENTIONED THAT THERE ARE ONLY 2 GODS BELIEVED BY HUMANS. GOD (JESUS'S FATHER) AND ALLAH, THE FAKE ONE BELIEVED BY MUSLIMS.

I SPENT ABOUT 3 HOURS SCHOOLING THEM ABOUT THE THOUSANDS OF GODS IN HISTORY, THEIR ORIGIN AND VARIOUS ATTRIBUTES...

I LATER TOLD THEM TO JOIN ME IN SERVING HORUS, OR PERISH FOREVER.

I'M SURE THEY WENT BACK TO THEIR CHURCH TO TESTIFY THAT THEY HAD ENCOUNTERED THE DEVIL IN PERSON.

I HAVE TIME FOR EVERY TYPE OF NONSENSE. angry

I was just joking about with you. lols.

You wey I know well for nairaland? grin
Though you don't know this moniker but since I don't have time switching between monikers, I decided to continue using this one.

But believe me, you met dumb JW adherents.
I've even met many like that and as I don't like idiots so I begged him and the lady with him not to visit me again (had to for the slowpoke was mighty persistent).

When you meet with a JW like Jman04, you'll prefer JW if you hadn't had my kind of experience. lols.

Enjoy mate
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by correctguy101(m): 8:24pm On Aug 31, 2017
correctguy101:

Though you don't know this moniker but since I don't have time switching between monikers, I decided to continue using this one.

I've even met many like that and as I don't like idiots so I begged him and the lady with him not to visit me again (had to for the slowpoke was mighty persistent).

When you meet with a JW like Jman04, you'll prefer JW if you hadn't had my kind of experience. lols.

Enjoy mate
Jesus, I said monikers, meant accounts
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Hier(m): 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
onyenze123:

Subjective view? Exactly. Can we now agree is n was objective (since there is no concrete proof) but subjective (only by faith)?

FYI: I believe in God, not Yahweh, Vinshu, , Monhammed. I believe in one God who is the source of all energy (infinite energy) and eternal a aess. It is only a believe without definite proof for now but in do hope in no distant time, Quantum physics will explain it.

I really was this guy who could have been conve rted from Christianity to Islam and probably, no, definitely an atheist now. But here am I, a Christian, one WHO doesn't believe in spending much time praying, spending hours in prayer, who could have been a muslim or atheist. I wasn't preached to, but some things have happened that I could not explain, and the best answer I could give is God.

One of them is how I would be praying and I could perceive beautiful aromas and scent. At that same time I perceive the scent, I feel this coldness within me and at the same time, my eyes are spinning and after spinning increasely for about 5sec, am on the floor lying flat, trying to stand up, but I just can't. Until the fragrance subside, well, I don't need to tell you all that.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Hier(m): 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
bennyann:

s
I miss you more. I've been seeing your was just browsing this afternoon and this idea came to me.

urh urh, well, I have one for you ma, if you could try, well, if you are led also to do that. You could, just saying, get some ladies and follow them up, if you understand what I mean
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Hier(m): 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
correctguy101:

Enjoy mate

An average lover of Nl has monikers
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Hier(m): 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
correctguy101:

Nope, they don't hate hell, they just let you know that the meaning isn't a kinda fire but a state. something they call sheol. something like that, they'll explain better to you or you just visit their website.

Me ke atheist? No way. Neither am I Christian cheesy

My experiences no fit let me. I know better when it comes to topics as these.

ehn ehn
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by correctguy101(m): 12:13am On Sep 01, 2017
Hier:

An average lover of Nl has monikers

Baba what do you mean cant

Just can't be switching between accounts that's why I stuck with this one. Twas when daddy couldn't sign into his account that daddy created this one.

Abeg leave me be jor.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by Ken4Christ: 12:44am On Sep 01, 2017
Hell is real and it's a place of torment. You go there by choice. Don't let anyone deceive you. Jesus taught about hell in such a way that it didn't leave any ambiguity on its nature. There are times he used words like, everlasting punishment, fire that cannot be quenched. He also said there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth day and night.

Don't gamble with your life Hell is real.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by 0temAtum: 5:46am On Sep 01, 2017
Ken4Christ:
Hell is real and it's a place of torment. You go there by choice. Don't let anyone deceive you. Jesus taught about hell in such a way that it didn't leave any ambiguity on its nature. There are times he used words like, everlasting punishment, fire that cannot be quenched. He also said there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth day and night.

Don't gamble with your life Hell is real.

DOCTUFOS:
26. Now I said to Adeiza, I cannot bring those children to you here, for they are locked up in the room as a punishment for their wickedness. And they shall remain in that place forever.
27. When Adeiza could not persuade me to release them, I said to him, follow me. And he followed me to the place where my children lay. And Ufedo followed us also. And when we were in the place, we coughed greatly because of the ground pepper I had sprinkled there.
28. And Adeiza said, for how many days have you kept them here without feeding them? And I said, for three days. And Adeiza said, you are the most wicked being I have ever seen.
29. For what offence could have been so great committed against you to warrant starvation of your our creatures which you gave life to?
30. Now while Adeiza spoke, they groaned in pain and said, let us accept Ufedo as our lord now. Let him be everything and anything you have made him to be, but take us out of this hot room and feed us. For you are our father.
31. And I said, no, for it is not my principle to let you out forever. And Adeiza said to me, you are mad, Omokwo. Shall we chase a bad child to the tiger to prey upon?
32. Now set them free or else I shall set them free myself and go apart from you forever.
33. Now when Adeiza said this, I wept. And my children wondered why I wept. And I said, it is only the third day, but I cannot withstand the suffering I put my children to anymore.
34. How then shall there be a god who shall cast his homo in the fire forever without feeding them or forgiving them. Behold I say, such god should be given a chieftancy title in the kingdom of the monsters. For it is not possible for a father to subject his children to starvation and confinement for petty things done, let alone leaving them in a fire forever.
35. Therefore Ajanigo, Alolo, Ebo and Ariga, go and think about that idea of a fire burning your ancestors forever and relate it with the experience you have had here today.
36. For I tell you the truth, whoever makes an afterlife of fire for humanity is a devil and his rivals and superiors who are better than him shall not allow such kind of fire to remain burning. For even as Adeiza forced me to end this punishment, so shall the higher beings who are wise stop whoever that being is who made an eternal fire as a place to be after death.
37. For foolishness is the portion of Yahweh if indeed he ever nursed such kind of afterlife in his mind, let alone making it real. Therefore my children, forgive me for subjecting you through these three days of fasting and heat. For this I do to save you and your future from becoming useless to yourself by wasting your time worshipping a god who is a terrorist.
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by akintom(m): 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2017
bennyann:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

mop I
I knew you know the word better, though you're a deist. Hmmmm, just like akintom who is an atheist.

Thanks dear LiberaDeus, I enjoyed it all and gained something and you've also voiced my understanding, more also in a very biblical way. cheesy kiss

For the first time let me hail your all round intelligence lipsrsealed wink

You didn't disappoint me at all. Thanks for this honour.
Kikikikikikiki
Re: Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell by vaxx: 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
sir Fred hoyle. more famous than any of the name i can mention .you can read about him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Destruction Of New York Twin Towers Was A Sacrifice To The gods? (proofs) / The 30 Articles Of God / Dear Christians,please Say Something About This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.