Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

God's Judgement Against King Ahab - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Judgement Against King Ahab (10167 Views)

Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / "Why Did God Use A Lying Spirit To Deceive Ahab?" / Abu Ahab -(father Of The Flem Or Fier) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by Maximus85(m): 8:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
CHAVINCI:
In church today, we talked about 1 kings chapter 21 where it tells the injustice king ahab did to Naboth and his children, yes it was very cruel and wicked, but my point is when GOD decided to punish Ahab which of course he repented and wore sack clothes and so GOD extended his hand of mercy on him by saying the punishment meant for him would happen to his children, don't you think that is a misguided justice on the part of GOD?

I mean why would people who know nothing about how a sin was committed pay the price? And if GOD had truly forgiven him, then why punish his children, is that still called forgiveness?

God forgave Ahab because he was humble and repentant. If his children follow the wrong path, they will suffer the consequences of the effect of Ahab's sin. And again, the children might suffer the effect of their father's sin. For example, if a man is known to do wicked things to people around him, if he repented and God has forgiven him, do you think those people he hurt would all want to help the man's children in the future? They didn't sin but they might suffer from effect of their father's wickedness.

God is loyal to those loyal to him, and if Ahab's children are loyal to God, he is the almighty he can do and undo. He will safe Ahab's children.

It is unthinkable for God to act injustly .

5 Likes

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by akintom(m): 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
CHAVINCI:
In church today, we talked about 1 kings chapter 21 where it tells the injustice king ahab did to Naboth and his children, yes it was very cruel and wicked, but my point is when GOD decided to punish Ahab which of course he repented and wore sack clothes and so GOD extended his hand of mercy on him by saying the punishment meant for him would happen to his children, don't you think that is a misguided justice on the part of GOD?

I mean why would people who know nothing about how a sin was committed pay the price? And if GOD had truly forgiven him, then why punish his children, is that still called forgiveness?

OP, the things of God are spiritual. They transcend the realm of reason and intelligence. You need the holy spirit to access the realm of God.

God alone decides who to forgive and who to punish (sinlessness notwithstanding).

Don't be surprised, our God can send daddy Adeboye , Bishop Oyedepo, TB Joshua, Chris Oyakhilome etc to hell, if he so will. We can't question him.

Hallelujah, praise God..... Gareti, brikolopas, edicrato, ekdrakolas, reboisemento, embrokas,..... Thank you holyghost!
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by omenyili: 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
Karma, what goes around must surely come around

1 Like

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
But wait oh.... Why are Christian topics free-to-air and Muslim topics in need of a swear? I smell religious inequality on this forum hmmm

1 Like

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by nuclearboy(m): 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
CHAVINCI:

Forgiveness isn't the only issue here.

Proverbs asks if "The Judge of the whole earth would do wrong" and this is the concept addressed in this story..... forgiveness as YOU want it, would mean behaving as if Ahab never did the crime, but that would be unfair (to Naboth and family) so yes, he was forgiven but what he had done was a seed and harvest time had to come for him. It didn't mean he wasn't forgiven BUT what you are saying is that forgiveness is like planting a Banana THEN regretting it and saying because you regretted, what should grow and be harvested, is Pineapple fruit.

He planted Banana, and harvest would come....... simple

1 Like

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by Demmama7(m): 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
NoWorries7:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
Deuteronomy:5:9

But if the next generation repents and comes to CHRIST, they will not bear that sin because:
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Ezekiel:18:20-21
God bless you because you just read my mind.
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
If you begin to question the tho he of God you will end up more confused but yet, as humans we need to question somethings. How can the most merciful creator punish and innocent child for the sin of his ancesstors?
How can the most righteous God not share his grace equally amp g his creators?
What did Esau DoD that God favoured Jacob his younger one right from the womb?
And the questions continue. Sometimes it gets me confused. If some people have more grace than others and are destined to make it and some won't because no matter how they try, it's their destiny never to make it, should such people not be notified from the time the attained the age of reason so that they don't bother struggling?
I pray God to help me understand some of these things.

1 Like

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by olaruna: 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
Eccl 12:14 shows us that God can discern the thoughts of one's heart and He considers factors unknown to us beore making judgement. So instead of questioning God,let us humbly accept that we do not have all the facts necessary to judge the matter. Plus, only God is the true Judge, and not us.

1 Like

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by tzars(m): 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
CHAVINCI:

If you had stayed till the end of the meeting you would have seen the reason given for why God did not punish Ahab. Moreover references to other Bible portions were given. So always prepare in advance for you to benefit maximally and not to get confused.

7 Likes

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by shitshappen(m): 8:40pm On Jun 25, 2017
tzars:

If you had stayed till the end of the meeting you would have seen the reason given for why God did not punish Ahab. Moreover references to other Bible portions were given. So always prepare in advance for you to benefit maximally and not to get confused.

Thank you, initially I thought it was a coincidence as that was the topic for this week's study edition.

2 Likes

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
There are some certain questions that shouldn't be asked. This is what you get when you read the bible with the human reasoning, and not that of the holy spirit.
The sad thing here is that you blatantly call Atheists foolish yet you refuse to answer questions on the grounds that they "shouldn't be asked".

Folks like you make me cringe so bad. Are you so mentally endshackled you find it a sin to ask pertinent questions??¿

1 Like

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by pastorlams(m): 8:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
CHAVINCI:

You see in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Everything changed. When a man gets born again, his essence and life aren't from his father (who came from the first Adam). He now has the life and nature of God in him (which comes from believing in the finished works of Jesus). This is the gospel, this is why we enjoin men to be born again. Everything changed in Christ!
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by Isaacmacdon(m): 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
SirWere:

The sad thing here is that you blatantly call Atheists foolish yet you refuse to answer questions on the grounds that they "shouldn't be asked".

Folks like you make me cringe so bad. Are you so mentally endshackled you find it a sin to ask pertinent questions??¿
Lol, I expected your normal rants.
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by IsaacBuchi(m): 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
tzars:

Don't mind the yeye guy who came here to get answers that the faithful & discreet slave cannot provide for him.

“O Timothy, guard what is laid up in
trust with you, turning away from the empty speeches
that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of
the falsely called ‘knowledge.’ For making a show of
such knowledge some have deviated from the faith.”— I Tim 6:20,21

2 Likes

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
CHAVINCI:

Well Ahabs children, children children and children children children should just keep wearing sack clothes.
ITS THAT SIMPLE.

I guess u mean the Christian God.
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by Lewandoski20(m): 9:04pm On Jun 25, 2017
Into whatever form or shape he likes, a PORTER shapes HIS CLAY. We did not ask God to make us. He never sought our forebears permission to create them... So only HIM knows what was running through His mind when he made man.

That said, it would be abnormal for the clay to tell the porter how it should be made.

Don't be surprised that God could still have made the punishments pass over the children if they had lived a righteous life!

God does not reason like me and you... He sees the bigger picture. Otherwise, why will he take the Pains to give Abraham a Son only to ask him to kill the Son again?

OK... Why did he allow Jesus His Son to go ahead with his death... Even when Christ asked that his death be postponed? (Luke 22:41,42). Do you think he didn't love His Son Enough? Nah! He was seeing the bigger picture.

So bro, why not wait upon his time. God is the Ultimate Standard of Justice!!!
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by lagostokd: 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
I doubt you're a good student of the Bible for asking this question in the first place especially on this forum.

What happened to your Sunday School?

Read Ezekiel 18 very well to answer your question
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by bettyLad(f): 9:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
those that worship idols pass through more , the deities our fore fathers worshipped before still hunt the children and even generations yet unborn , so many people today are suffering because of the mistakes and sins of their fore fathers, so you see the bible is complete
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by theSpark(m): 9:11pm On Jun 25, 2017
If you read the next chapter. Chapter 22:53
Arab paid for his crime by dying in battle.
Ahabs sons were evil so the punishment spilt on them

1 Like

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by charleoj(m): 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
Those are the day we had no mediator (Jesus).
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by joe4real12: 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
HardMirror:

God bless you brother. only a fooool will question God.
why shld it be an issue for God that can throw billions of people in hell fire for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever. I mean forever! not one thousand years not one million years, no not even a billion years. he will roast sinners in hell forever. so what is the big deal in punishing ahab's children for their father's sin?
only humans are weak and can forgive when they are angry for a while. but our god can be angry for ever.

father I love you and worship u.

seun lalasticlala mynd44 let's have this Bible sturdy topic up for discussion please. I am willing to learn
God doesn't throw people in Fire.
God is love (1John 4:8 )
A dead person knows nothing, so can not feel pain (Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10)
So Hellfire is an imagination.
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by joe4real12: 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
lagostokd:
I doubt you're a good student of the Bible for asking this question in the first place especially on this forum.

What happened to your Sunday School?

Read Ezekiel 18 very well to answer your question
Nice one!
Vs 20 to 23 summarizes it all.

1 Like

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by analice107: 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
There are some certain questions that shouldn't be asked. This is what you get when you read the bible with the human reasoning, and not that of the holy spirit.
cc Kingebukablog
Ishilove
analice107
All questions shd be asked actually. Yahweh entertains all kinds of questions, but your motive will determine if the questions will get answers.

I have answers to his questions, but the kid has insolence in his tune towards God. I don't entertain that. So will pass.
Thanks for the mention.
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by aftatechbiz(m): 9:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
CHAVINCI:

OP, which church did you attend today because your topic is the watchtower study of Jehovahs witnesses today. I think you are JW associate or you just went to their meeting for the first time. Which one?

Read details of Ahab and Naboth here: https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&issue=2017-04&pub=w17&srcid=share
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by sonofthunder: 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
CHAVINCI:

who told you the children did not partake? the punishment was to wipe out his lineage be it in his time or not ... are you sure you were in that sermon?

1 Like

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by aftatechbiz(m): 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
CHAVINCI:

OP, which church did you attend today because your topic is the watchtower study of Jehovahs witnesses today. I think you are JW associate or you just went to their meeting for the first time. Which one?

Read details of Ahab and Naboth here: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-april-2017/do-you-share-gods-sense-of-justice/
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by emmaitive(m): 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
God is God, he does whtever he wish
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by Izonpikin: 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
I also struggle with this king ahab forgiveness oo...my issue is why even forgive ahab in the first place.. undecided

Well God has all the factories just hope God won't forgive our politicians because na there I go vex with God..
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by sonofthunder: 9:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
HardMirror:

when we say religion is all man made, we don't say it cos we hate God, we say it because of contradictions like this. man who made religion is not perfect so don't expect to make sense of religion. that is why you need faith, I mean stubborn faith to remain a Christian or Muslim in particular. let's wait and see the concocted answers the Christians will invent in defence of their God.
and how does this address the op which is already giving a misguided and incomplete story to adjudge from...

2 Likes

Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by allstarcomic(m): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2017
GOOD QUESTION THERE.

WELL GUYS, MY COMEDY VIDEOS ARE NOW OUT ON YOUTUBE.
GUYS WATCH MY VIDEOS HERE ON YOUTUBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYPFFfIGDxE&index=1&list=PLY7Fos48tYceFx6LDXQngQto1ChruUlvs
ITS A LOT OF HARDWORK PUTTING THAT TOGETHER,
WATCH SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASE, NA BEG I DEY BEG.
IF YOU NO ENJOY THE SKIT, I GO RETURN YOUR MB. SURE!
Re: God's Judgement Against King Ahab by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and WILL NOT AT ALL ACQUIT THE WICKED......
Nahum:1:3

Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.
Proverbs:11:21

Now to answer you for questioning God

Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou?
Job:9:12

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Prayer Of Intercession / Our Orphic World / 11111

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.