Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,682 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition (11931 Views)

Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year(2019)- Poetry Included-- Voting Closed / The Nairaland Literature Sanctuary, The Forever Contest (TNLS) / Stars 2017 Writing Competition Updates & Story Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by Kusibe77(m): 7:58am On Jun 29, 2017
Galacious1:
I was debating on joining b4, but since Larry is here, I give up.
grin

1 Like

Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by meneski(m): 5:17am On Jul 01, 2017
i hope dis wasn't a joke?
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by Lleigh(f): 5:51am On Jul 01, 2017
meneski:
i hope dis wasn't a joke?

meneski you mean the competition?
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by meneski(m): 6:10am On Jul 01, 2017
Lleigh:

meneski you mean the competition?
ya
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by Lleigh(f): 6:12am On Jul 01, 2017
meneski:
ya

As far as I am aware it is real. The names of the people taking part in the competition is listed at the beginning of this post.
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by meneski(m): 6:32am On Jul 01, 2017
Lleigh:

As far as I am aware it is real. The names of the people taking part in the competition is listed at the beginning of this post.
wich page?
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by Lleigh(f): 6:44am On Jul 01, 2017
meneski:
wich page?

https://www.nairaland.com/3888449/stars-2017-writing-competition-updates

Go to the link above all the information is there.
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by Lleigh(f): 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Eze2000:

Your initiative is commendable but your demands are more like that of a slave driver considering the amount involved.

Do u realise that even with 5k, I can't celebrate after winning

You can celebrate with 10k smiley

2 Likes

Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by AlamienDagash(m): 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
devilmaycry:
AlamienDagash Fmartin,queenitee Hadampson .. Comman see something o
Bro I just got back online I miss you guys
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by Fmartin(m): 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
AlamienDagash:
Bro I just got back online I miss you guys
welcm bak
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by AlamienDagash(m): 12:51am On Jul 10, 2017
Fmartin:
welcm bak
bro how fa na. NB seems to be changed
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by Fmartin(m): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2017
AlamienDagash:

bro how fa na. NB seems to be changed
am fine. i cnt even get access to it. twas hack
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by LePrezident(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2017
Fmartin:

N'a so we see am o, na oga Adeniyi get all the answers
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by Fmartin(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
LePrezident:

Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by AlamienDagash(m): 2:11am On Jul 11, 2017
Fmartin:
I see
so what bout the admin, ain't he around
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by Fmartin(m): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2017
AlamienDagash:
I see so what bout the admin, ain't he around
dnt knw where to contact him
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by AlamienDagash(m): 12:55am On Jul 12, 2017
LePrezident:

did you mean he move on without consulting you
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2017
kinwayne:
Interested participants are to make their interests known by commenting their moniker with the hash tag #Stars Competition.

Deadline for registration ends on Wednesday 28th of June.

**MODIFIED**

As a result of the number of interested participants and all the feedback I received, I've decided to cut down on the stages to two.

The competition would now be divided into 2 stages

In the first stage, the writer is to write a story of 1000 words, original and never before published on any platform.

The second stage, the writer is to write a story of 250 words, also original and never before published on any platform.

Why the small number of words? that's because I'm looking for quality and creativity in the writers written words.

At the first stage, the writers would be given a topic to write on. However, it's up to them to use their creativity to write on their given topic.

The second stage however, the writer is given room to write on whatever they wish to write on. They are to write on their own ideas.

Out of all the interested and participating contestants, Only 7 contestants would progress from the first stage and their progress would be determined by a panel of judges of nairalanders.

The winners in the second/final stage would be determined by ME.

The winners would be given cash rewards as advertised above.

The remaining four(4) writers who progressed from the first stage would be given airtime gifts in appreciation of their sportsmanship.

The list of every one that's shown interest in the competition would be compiled on Thursday 29th of June with further instructions afterwards..

Divepen1.

I'd like you to help in the process of choosing the panel of judges that would be kind enough to read through everyone's stories and pick the best.

I would like the panel of judges to comprise of 5 individuals. Me, taking a spot. And then, you're at liberty of taking a spot for yourself and picking out three remaining individuals who are willing to help with the judging process or just picking out 4 individuals besides yourself.

These individuals would receive airtime gifts from me at the end of the competition. Very small perhaps, but we can only hope for better times.

At the end of the first stage, the nominees would emerge from points from all five judges.

Each judge can only choose 7 stories at a time.

If the judges choose stories that are in conflicting number, further deliberation would be made to take into points like level of Grammer and grammatical errors.

Thank you. If you have any suggestions, I'll be more than happy to hear them.

Am in
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
kinwayne:
Interested participants are to make their interests known by commenting their moniker with the hash tag #Stars Competition.

Deadline for registration ends on Wednesday 28th of June.

**MODIFIED**

As a result of the number of interested participants and all the feedback I received, I've decided to cut down on the stages to two.

The competition would now be divided into 2 stages

In the first stage, the writer is to write a story of 1000 words, original and never before published on any platform.

The second stage, the writer is to write a story of 250 words, also original and never before published on any platform.

Why the small number of words? that's because I'm looking for quality and creativity in the writers written words.

At the first stage, the writers would be given a topic to write on. However, it's up to them to use their creativity to write on their given topic.

The second stage however, the writer is given room to write on whatever they wish to write on. They are to write on their own ideas.

Out of all the interested and participating contestants, Only 7 contestants would progress from the first stage and their progress would be determined by a panel of judges of nairalanders.

The winners in the second/final stage would be determined by ME.

The winners would be given cash rewards as advertised above.

The remaining four(4) writers who progressed from the first stage would be given airtime gifts in appreciation of their sportsmanship.

The list of every one that's shown interest in the competition would be compiled on Thursday 29th of June with further instructions afterwards..

Divepen1.

I'd like you to help in the process of choosing the panel of judges that would be kind enough to read through everyone's stories and pick the best.

I would like the panel of judges to comprise of 5 individuals. Me, taking a spot. And then, you're at liberty of taking a spot for yourself and picking out three remaining individuals who are willing to help with the judging process or just picking out 4 individuals besides yourself.

These individuals would receive airtime gifts from me at the end of the competition. Very small perhaps, but we can only hope for better times.

At the end of the first stage, the nominees would emerge from points from all five judges.

Each judge can only choose 7 stories at a time.

If the judges choose stories that are in conflicting number, further deliberation would be made to take into points like level of Grammer and grammatical errors.

Thank you. If you have any suggestions, I'll be more than happy to hear them.

Am in

Njokunonsochukwu
#Starscompetition
Re: Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition by kinwayne(m): 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
Njokunonsochukwu:

Am in

Njokunonsochukwu
#Starscompetition

Unfortunately, The registration for the competition is over.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.