Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ (11950 Views)

My Love Diary (love / Deciet / Trust) / LOVESTRUCK - A Campus Love Story. By Demsid / Black Love Diary (A Story On Divorce) - MR. POSSIBLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 10:31am On Aug 23, 2023
(Campus Love) 🎓 ❀

Diary of a Futo Student

Ever wondered why I keep mentioning Cynthia all this time? Well, get your seat closer, relax and cross your fingers and make sure you pay attention so you can be the judge at the end of my tales.

This story will come in episodes and promises to be fascinating, as I go on to tell you my love affair with Cynthia on campus.

I was young and naïve when I came to the campus. It was a new beginning, a new phase of life, and I was just 21. I came into this school knowing nobody. I was a certified loner as well, and it didn’t bother me much about associating with people. I had my phone and other gadgets to keep me bubbling and alive.

The only issue I had then was the low power supply in Eziobodo (off-campus). That was the area I started my life in Uni. ( Federal University of Technology, Owerri). We hardly see light there and we could go weeks without seeing lights. Too bad though. We survived mainly on generators and shops nearby.

Well, that is by the way, that’s Nigeria for you.

One evening, I was particularly happy this evening because as a new student and wanna be a first-class student, I had spent the whole day at the school library solving mathematics. The last time I did maths was during my WAEC. It was never part of my Jamb combination. I knew I needed to study harder if I wanted to make good results in my Mth101.

Astonishingly, I understood everything I read the whole day, ranging from Indices and Logarithm. I just couldn’t wait to attempt past questions on my Mth101 material and also daunt the lecturer with questions in class to capture the attention of Cynthia, my day one crush in my department.

Ever since I set my eyes on Cynthia at Sosc extension, there’s been a different story in my head as I kept imagining things, just vivid imagination.

For weeks, I’ve been battling on how to capture her attention and probably shoot my shots, but things kept falling apart like Chinua Achebe's wonder book.

Cynthia wasn’t catching my shots, even though I have tried being her seatmate during lectures. I’ve also tried initiating conversation because that’s one thing I’m good at, but it seemed as if I wasn’t making a meaningful effort to get her attention.
I always lose concentration during classes because of Cynthia, especially during the Mth101 lecture where she usually sits in the front row.

Something in me has told me to let go of her and move on because she would likely not pay me any attention. She seemed to come from a rich family, judging from her outfits and overall look.

Unperturbed, I resolved to keep on pushing. I was positive I would eventually win her heart, even if it takes me the whole of my year one to get Cynthia.
She is the epitome of black beauty, with her dashing dimples, syrupy sweet lips, charming eyes, and voice that could melt a man’s heart.

There were other beautiful girls as usual, but her beauty really caught my attention I desperately wanted to have things to do with her.

Two weeks ago, I overheard her telling her friend Jessy that she has been having difficulties in Mth101, most especially in Permutation and Combination.

This was literally one of the things that made me put more effort into Mth101 as if my CGPA depended on it. I was willing to show myself during the next lecture and hopefully woo her with my free Mth 101 tutorial.

Heading back to my lodge after a fulfilled day at the school library, hunger soon overtake the quench for Cynthia as my stomach rumbled and sang songs of praise. Earlier in the morning, I had a light breakfast of beans and custard— the only thing I tasted before heading to the library.

Meanwhile, I had a leftover soup I had been warming for days, almost tasting like "Agbo". I had garri and sugar in my room as well, but there was no water in my room.

So, I quickly stopped by Mama B's provision shop, opposite Imo Signature, Futo Road, Eziobodo.

It was around 6:30 PM and I was feeling very famished. I contemplated on what to eat, something heavy, preferable swallow, but the soup in my room had lost its taste. I began to solve trigonometric calculations in my hand on what was best to eat for dinner. If I decide to soak garri that night, hunger would do me shege in the middle of the night.

Well, in the end, I resorted to having tea and bread.

So, I walked into the popular Mama B provision shop which was close to my lodge. I wanted to buy bread because I already had tea and milk in my room.

Mama B is a superwoman of my street as she has been saving us (students) from blackouts. Her shop was more like a charging center where students charge their phones at night and sometimes during the day. I remember the day I almost lost my phone in her shop when I quickly went to my lodge to get something.

She had told me why it was advisable not to leave one's phone without having someone to watch over it.

"Good evening, Mama B." I greeted her as I entered her shop to buy bread and a bag of sachet water, which amounted to #850.

I peeped inside the shop and saw one of her daughters devouring a bowl of eba and egusi soup and it reminded me of my old soup in my room.

"Mama B, I want to buy Fanta," a feminine voice spoke from behind.

It was an angelic voice from heaven, and it made me turn to see whose voice it was. The creature behind me was glamorous that I stared twice at her spotless face. She was carrying her gas cylinder in her left hand. I presume she went to refill it.

"Any other thing?" Mama B asked as she handed me the bread and pointed outside where the sachet of water was packed.

"Nothing." I took my change and turned. I was just going to get home, eat to my satisfaction. Scroll through all the WhatsApp messages on my departmental group chat and have a sumptuous sleep in preparation for my proposal to Cynthia the next day. But right before me was an Angel from Mama B's sop, staggering with her 6 KG gas cylinder and other things she bought from the shop.

We were both heading in the same direction. I haven’t seen such beauty before in my lodge. Could it be she stays in my lodge?

But then I thought of what I would do to mesmerize this pretty girl. Should I assist her with the gas cylinder?

Maybe that will seem too forward. I dismissed the thoughts.
She was slowing down due to the heavy cylinder she was carrying. Then I walked past her and that was when I resorted to doing a kind of acrobatic display with the bag of sachet water when I was sure she was staring at me.

I left the pure water on my shoulder without the support of my other hand, and just when I made a step further, boom, the nylon went skrahhh, leaving the entire sachet of water on the floor.

Damn, I was so embarrassed that I just wanted to disappear and reappear in my room.

Surprisingly, she rushed forward, abandoning her gas cylinder to assist me.

"Wait, let me get a bucket from my room." She announced, almost running into the lodge.

Wow, I never knew we stayed in the same lodge.

She returned quickly with a small blue basin instead of a bucket. I bent down and began to pick the sachet of water into the basin while she freely assisted me as passersby watched us with enthusiasm.

While we picked the water, we simultaneously attempted to pick a particular sachet of water, which made our hands touch.

I felt a chill in my spine. My heart seemed to pause from beating. Everything went slow, like in the movies. We both raised our heads and looked deeply into each other’s eyes with electrifying affection. it was magical.

My eyes got shut, and I moved my lips forward in an attempt to...

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer

Please, Like, Comment, and Share!!
Don’t be a ghost reader

If I see five comments, I'll continue.

Follow me on Facebook: Frank The Writer

3 Likes

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:00am On Aug 24, 2023
Episode 2

It was magical. I quickly closed my eyes, and moved my lips forward in an attempt to kiss her.
Drenched in sweat and with a racing heart, I woke up from the dream. Damn. I had dozed off at the library while trying to solve Mth101.

What sort of silly dream is this?

I yawned and stretched my arms. A few other students were also in the library hitting their books. It was around 11:00 AM and we would be having class by noon. I needed to round up so I could get to class on time and probably sit with Cynthia.

Actually, I got into campus with a stunning pictured lifestyle in my mind; beautiful souls, empowered friendships, and lovers whose undertakings were in line with every single word said in my favorite love song. I intended to say this, but once again, they lied.

Well, don’t get it twisted. Yes, people fall in love, link up with amazing friends, and do all those insane stuff, but the side of my story was, well, let me save the word for now. I don't seem to get the right word now to describe it.

At 11:30 AM, I was ready to attend my 5th lecture in school. There I was, strolling around the school, trying to figure out where the lecture was holding. It was announced in our departmental group chat, and it was a different lecture hall that I haven’t attended yet.

Bio101 was the course. I wasint the corridor of those lecture halls trying to figure out the right one with a few books in my left hand.

Perhaps some beautiful girls might have knocked me over and fallen for me, just as it happens in the movies. Maybe I would have had a beautiful love story to share. Or preferably, none at all.

Having my books in my hand, I settled at opening it as if trying to check something inside, I didn’t wanna be deemed as confused, which I definitely was. Just like any other first-year student at school, I was puzzled. I couldn’t even tell where the lecture hall was, but still held my head up high. Because that’s what brave boys do, right?

Reaching out for some help was out of it. I just couldn’t look dumb. I had always found my way ever since I entered the campus, from clearance down to attending lectures.

Eventually, I was just closer to the entrance of one of those halls before I sighted Jessy, and behind her was no other person than Cynthia. She was dressed in a yellow top crop and a Jean jacket. Her trousers had a bit of crazy designs. She was looking dashing.

"Please, where is the lecture hall?" I turned to see Jessy. She was actually asking me directly. Then my eyes met with her friend Cynthia, and I quickly averted my eyes. I wasn’t just good at keeping eye contact with the opposite sex. No, it was never my thing. I would quickly avert my eyes.

"Yeah, I think so. Someone said. It’s here." I answered without looking at her.

Cynthia seemed busy with her phone and didn’t get to look up. Then Jessy peeped through the window to observe if a lecturer was in there, and that gave me a perfect opportunity to at least say hi to my wonder crush, my Bianca. Lol

"Hello, I’m Franklin," I valiantly introduced.

Cynthia looked up, and for the second time, our eyes met again. For a moment, I had forgotten what next to say. If peradventure, she tells me her name too.

I couldn’t help but get lost in her eyes.

"I’m Cynthia," she said in her mesmerizing voice. I already knew her name, but I just didn’t know what to say. So I introduced myself, hoping she would say something and from there, we would get the conversation going. My eyes were above her forehead, just so I couldn’t stay into her charming eyes.

"Babe, it’s here, Let’s go in," Jessy announced from behind.

Damn! Just now that I wanted to at least have one or two words with Cynthia and probably see if I can get her number.

I watched her walk towards Jessy and they both walked into the lecture hall, leaving me outside.

Poor me.

Setting out immediately was the next action. Since I had at least introduced myself, I knew I would still get a chance to talk to her. I just couldn’t stop fantasizing about how cute Cynthia’s eyes were and how her sweet voice melted my heart and pulled butterflies in my belly.

To be sincere, who wouldn’t fall for such a pretty girl? My only fear was what if I don’t get to talk to her again, or perhaps see her In a very long time?

Finally, when the lecture was over and as I dashed out from the lecture hall, there she was, leaning tiredly on a painted wall. As I walked through that side, I silently prayed, hoping that she would notice me.
As usual, she was on her phone. I guess iPhone 11 or so, judging from the camera.

"We are going to be late for the next lecture. Hurry up!" Jesse said, pulling her through the corridor. It seemed she noticed me glancing at her friend.

"You wouldn’t wanna associate yourself with that dude. He’s a masked devil." I overheard, Jessy say to Cynthia.

Damn, that was the most shocking thing I’ve ever heard someone say about me. My heartbeat paused for a second and just then, Cynthia turned and glanced at me. Our eyes met for the third time, and this time, she was the one who averted her eyes.

How dare Jessy say such about me? I barely knew her.

What could I do other than pretend that I didn’t even care about what she said? I hadn’t even talked or introduced myself to her or had anything to ever do with her.

I couldn’t help but think where all that defamation of character was coming from. Could it be that she was jealous I was eyeing her friend and not her?

"Can I have your number?" I turned to see Cynthia. After our last lecture of the day, which was Mth101.

Saying I was shocked was an understatement. Literally, I was puzzled. Maybe she saw how brilliantly I answered those questions during the class, and how the lecturer and I interacted as if I was his colleague.

She stretched forward her phone to take my digits. I couldn’t imagine someone I was dying to get her contacts came directly to me, despite what her friend told her earlier in the day.

Hope I’m not dreaming again.

"Yeah, your number, your WhatsApp number, preferably," she repeated when she noticed I was still looking at her in shock.

To be continued...
Frank The Writer

If you're following, please, do well to engage in the comment section.

Facebook: Frank The Writer

2 Likes

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by crystalmoon(m): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2023
Nice
Accurately summarizes the life of an average male student

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:54am On Aug 26, 2023
crystalmoon:
Nice
Accurately summarizes the life of an average male student

Thank you for engaging
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:55am On Aug 26, 2023
Episode 3

I took her phone and entered my number.

"Thank you. Franklin, right? She asked.

"Yeah, Franklin, I nodded my head.

Cynthia left immediately. I stood there for some seconds perplexed by what just happened. She just made things easier for me, even though I knew she had a different motive for taking my number, but I will sure use that opportunity wisely.

So, I started heading down to Asia Eziobodo. I don’t really know where Cynthia stays, but my instincts told me she either lived in the hostel or somewhere around Umuchima because I haven’t seen her anywhere around Eziobodo and its environment.

Well, only time will tell.

On arriving at my lodge, the first person I bumped into was our lodge president. He was going around to collect money to buy fuel for the lodge generator so they could pump water. I gave him my own 100 naira and walked straight into my room.

There was no water in my room, so I waited for them to pay up and pump the water so I could take my bath.

I lay on my soft, comfortable bed playing Dream League on my phone. For the record, I live alone. I didn’t want a roommate yet. Maybe later in 200 level or so. Although I was broke as hell, the little money my dad gave me, I made sure to use it judiciously. I wasn’t the spending type. No girlfriend yet, just a crush. And even if we end up together, she is rich, I had assumed.

I usually judge people on their outward looks. Merely looking at someone, I would simply assume they are either rich or a church rat.

When finally they pumped the water, I went into the bathroom and had a cool shower after a very long day in school. The stress was really getting to show on my body. The scorching sun had turned my color into something else, but what can we do? Aluta continua. There is no going back.

After taking my bath, I remembered Cynthia had taken my number earlier in the day. I quickly turned on my data and rushed to my WhatsApp to see if she dropped me any message, but I was disappointed to see nothing.

Why didn’t you even ask for her number? Came a voice in my head. What was the need to ask for her number when she already took mine? I conflicted with thoughts in my head.

Then I kept the phone back and wore my casual wear. There were tons of assignments to be done, but there was no light and my phone was 30%

Moments later, I overheard a knock on my door. I kept mute to be sure it was my room. Then it came the second time.

"Yes, who is there?"

"It’s me, Chinelo."

"Chinelo."

"Yeah, your neighbor."

"OK, wait, I’m coming."

I buttoned my shirt and reached for the wooden door and unlocked it.

"Hi, please help me with your matchbox or lighter," she requested politely.

"OK, I’m coming, I said and walked back while the door was wide ajar.

I returned with a matchbox and handed it to her.

"Thank you, she said. I’ll return it," she added.

I just nodded my head and shut the door. This was something I was used to ever since I packed into that lodge. I noticed students love borrowing things a lot. They will borrow food stuff, ports, gas cylinder, parker, broom, and so on. They can even go as far as borrowing your clothes to impress people.

And oftentimes, when you lend out something, you will be the one begging for them to return it. And you might never get it back again. Too bad.

My phone rang and I quickly rushed to it, thinking it was Cynthia only to be disappointed when I swiped through the screen.

"Hwfa guy, you go still watch the match?"

That was Chido's voice.

"Bro, I’m not sure. I have Engine drawing assignments to submit tomorrow.

"Every time, you and assignment. Forget that thing. Las las, it won’t even count. So, don't stress yourself," he said and paused.

"Hmm, it seems you don’t know this out strict engine drawing lecturer, that man, fat no mercy oo," I told him, and we laughed over it.

"No, Wahala." He ended the call.

Chido was my classmate back then in secondary school. We met again at the university, but we ended up in different departments.

Did I forget to tell you my course of study all this while? Oh, sorry, forgive me. I was studying microbiology while Chido was studying mechanical engineering, but he was always around our lecture hall hunting after our departmental girls.

So, I ended up not going to see the match due to my assignments. It was on a Wednesday night, championships league was on.

I used my phone as a torch light while waiting for NEPA to restore light, but it didn’t happen until I slept off while doing the assignment.

The following day, I was in school before lecture time, I needed to sit in the front row because our lecture hall was always overpopulated. If you don’t get there on time, you might even stand at the back.

I was there at the front row, pressing my phone, going through our departmental group chats. It was always noisy that sometimes one wouldn't get the important messages. I needed to see what was going on.

"Franklin," I heard someone call from behind. It was a familiar voice and a feminine one at that.

I turned to behold Cynthia in her charming beauty.

"What’s up? You’re already here. How are you?" I started the conversation.

"I'm good, Yeah. I came early. I don’t like sitting at the back. You know this place is always crowded.

"Yeah, true."

"Sorry I didn’t text you again, it escaped my mind, but I will surely do that."

"Alright, there is no problem. She sat directly behind me while we waited for Prof. Alisa to come in and teach.

"Franklin, I'll really need your help in this Mth101. It’s giving me a hard time," she confessed.

"That’s not a problem, I can always make time for us to learn together, maybe after class or during free time," I said boldly, without stammering.

And that was how Cynthia and I eventually began to converse. She confessed that she naturally admires my intelligence, especially the fact that I was outspoken during classes.

Maybe I should also use this opportunity to tell her that I admire her beauty from afar. No, that would be too forward of me. So I just smiled at her compliments.

"How about your friend? She didn’t come today?" I asked.

"You mean Jessy? Oh, her mom is sick, so she went on to stay with her."

"Oh, so sorry about that."

"It’s fine. She’ll be back. I believe it’s not something serious."

"Not quite long, Prof. Alisa came in and we began to learn Chm101.

"Do you have a golden pen I could borrow?" She asked. I turned and I didn’t get what she meant by golden.

"I do have a pen, but it’s not golden," I replied.

"Ok, do you happen to have a silver pen I could borrow?" She asked the second time. I was still puzzled by her question.

"Sorry, I don’t have a silver pen, I said," somewhat sheepishly.

She laughed, almost loud enough, before she covered her mouth with her left hand, feeling embarrassed.

"So, tell me, what kind of pain do you have?"

"Oh, I have a blue Bic pen," I answered.

"You have just an ordinary Bic pen?"

"Yeah, I said," still confused.

"Ok, I think I will have to manage it, seeing that I forgot all my golden pens at home, she replied with a straight face.

I just smiled sheepishly while she took the pen from me.

The class lasted for an hour.

And when I got to know Cynthia better, it was always a little fuzzy for me to decode when she was joking and when she was being serious. She would always say stuff like —

"I'm a big girl. I do not feel like eating this crappy campus food, today, I’m craving for his exotic cuisine."

Mehnn, in my mind, it seemed like I had found someone who would always foot my bills.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer.

If you're following this story, kindly comment.

I want to check something. 🙏

Don't be a ghost reader.

2 Likes

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:47am On Aug 29, 2023
It seems you guys aren't following this story... Nobody is commenting.

Make I pause until I see the need to continue
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by quadri956(m): 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2023
Following bro please continue

2 Likes

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by crystalmoon(m): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2023
This story make sense continue

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:04am On Aug 30, 2023
quadri956:
Following bro please continue
Alright
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:04am On Aug 30, 2023
crystalmoon:
This story make sense continue

Alright, new episode dropping now.
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:05am On Aug 30, 2023
Episode 4

Cynthia finally texted me on WhatsApp, introducing herself. I already saw her profile picture before the introduction, so I knew it was her. It was late at night around 11:00 PM.

She seemed to be the chatty type, just like myself. I prefer to chat to call. And I kinda of liked how she flowed with the conversation. I must confess she was a good conversationalist and that added to the attraction I had for her.

She asked why I was still up and I jokingly replied to her: "Only the rich sleep by this time."

She replied with one funny emoji. I went on to tell her that I'd start sleeping on time once I made it big, but till then I would stay up.

We were just having random conversations from one topic to another and I could tell she was enjoying it from her end. Her response was fast too.

"So, when are we going to have our first Mth101 tutorial?" She asked.

"Let me see, maybe by weekend."

"Okay, you mean something like Saturday or Sunday?"

"Yeah, I will keep you posted."

"Alright, she said."

Normally, I don’t joke with my Saturday. I love Saturdays a lot. It’s a day I used to do a lot of self-development stuff and also catch up with weekend matches. But with Cynthia, I was willing to sacrifice my Saturday if it meant to please her. I would sincerely do that just to get her attention.

She ended the long conversation by letting me know she wanted to sleep to meet up on time the next day.
We texted each other goodbye. I dropped my phone, feeling so much excited.

The following day, after lectures, our department had a short meeting under a mango tree, close to the Socs extension. We normally call that place our shrine. That was where we gathered each time we had any meeting or gathering of sorts.
Our course rep, Emmanuel was addressing some certain issues and our departmental Excos were also present to speak with us. I stood there doing the observing. I was the calm type. I never say much, but very observant of every damn thing going on.

I noticed one of the Excos, Daniel was trying to draw Cynthia's attention. I could see how he stared at her with lustful eyes and talked to her while our course rep was still addressing everyone. I knew he was up to something and I wasn’t just liking the way that guy was talking to Cynthia. I don’t even trust him.

What is even wrong with me?

Damn!

Cynthia wasn’t even my girlfriend yet, but there I was already feeling jealous. I think I’m being too forward with all these feelings and emotions. I cautioned myself.

The meeting lasted for about 30 minutes. Our departmental president dished several guidelines and advice we needed to follow as freshers in order not to miss our purpose in school.

So, after the meeting, I walked up to Cynthia just to say hi. And she told me she enjoyed my company last night and I was happy to hear that. I told her I enjoyed the conversation too. And she was blushing.

When I looked up, I saw Jessy heading towards our direction with a straight face.

She’s finally back, I said to myself.

"Babe, hwfa, I'm going home," Jessy announced when she came closer.

Our eyes suddenly met and she turned her face quickly. I didn’t even know what her problem was, but I didn’t care. I understood people are different, so I didn’t let her actions bother me. After all, I wasn’t after her. It was Cynthia that I needed her attention. So Jessy can go to he.ll if she wants.

"Alright Jessy, I’m coming," Cynthia answered.

While we walked slowly towards SEET roundabout, she was on her phone as usual. My mind was already home. I was very hungry at that moment and I couldn’t wait to get home and find something satisfying to eat.

Cynthia soon alerted me, "Hey look, seems someone is waving at you."

I looked towards the direction and it was Chido waving from inside a moving campus shuttle. I waved back at him with my hand demonstrating a phone call gesture, pointing at my ear and my mouth.

I turned and told Cynthia who Chido was to me.

"Oh, nice. That’s exactly what Jessy is to me, though I was her junior back then in secondary school," She explained.

"Franklin. Let’s see tomorrow," she said and hurriedly walked towards Jessy who was a distance away from us.

"Alright, Goodbye."

I walked down towards Microfinance Bank en route to Eziobodo.

Could this be Love? I Soloquized. Why can’t I even get this girl off my mind?

I walked back home under the scorching Futo sun. Almost everyone here believes that the sun is hotter around here, it hit differently. Too harsh for the skin.
I got to my apartment, took a cool shower, ate, and slept till late in the evening

When I picked up my phone to scroll through my WhatsApp to read some messages and check other social media apps, I noticed that Cynthia left a message for me on WhatsApp.

I texted her back and she happened to be online. Then we started texting. We talked generally about school, her family, and mine. What she ate, when she got home, and stuff like that.

I knew we were both enjoying the conversation, but my emotions were getting the best of me and it didn't take longer before I started confessing my love to her. I told her I loved her voice, her pretty face, her moderate boobs, her body shape, her k!lling charisma, and her charming smile.

Honestly, I was just capping carelessly while she kept mute.

Poor me, I continued.

"I know this might sound strange, Cynthia, but I really want us together. I want to be closer to you. Let’s have something together. I think I love you already."

"Please, can you just stop? She interrupted."

Silence.

"Like, seriously? Are you kidding me? How could you be talking about love so soon? I’m not sure I’m ready for this. I didn’t come to school for love. I want us to just face our studies. My parents are looking up to me to graduate with first class, or at least 2.1 I’m not interested, but we can just be friends."

"Don’t get me wrong. Our relationship can't bring about setbacks in our academics. We can even become reading partners. I promise our relationship won’t cause any harm. Please, just give me a chance, and let’s watch as everything blossoms."

"Frank, I didn’t expect this conversation and I don’t want to continue this talk. I don’t want to be in a relationship, not even this early."

She called me Frank for the first time, I noted.

"Alright, no wahala."

I was just downcast and stressed at the same time. I was sad because I didn’t get the positive reply I wanted to hear. My voice wasn't the same again because we were both using voice notes to communicate.

Maybe I should have listened to my inner voice which forewarned me not to make such a move. Well, I guess I was carried away by her sweet words and how fast she replied to my messages. I felt she was already into me and stuff.

Maybe I was wrong.

After a few minutes, I asked if we could meet at the school library the next day, but Cynthia didn’t reply.

Damn!

After a few seconds, I double-texted and she kept me unread. I felt so terrible and sad.

I lay on my bed and thought about where I got it all wrong. Was I wrong to have confessed my feelings? Maybe it was too early, or could it be that I wasn’t her type or something?

l was a good-looking guy and I always appeared simple and charming. I’m not sure it’s about my look.

Class or Status?

Yet, I wasn't going to slow down things until someone else asked her out. I know girls can be unpredictable. I might just end up being a friend forever. I wanted something different. I must go for what I want because I would regret and feel the pain if someone made that move before me, I said to myself.

It was 9:00 PM and sleep was far from my eyes.

Please, was I wrong to have done that?

To be continued..
© Frank The Writer

3 Likes

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by quadri956(m): 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2023
Following bro keep it up

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Graminyte9(m): 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2023
Keep it coming bro cool cool

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:22am On Aug 31, 2023
quadri956:
Following bro keep it up

Alright
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:23am On Aug 31, 2023
Graminyte9:
Keep it coming bro cool cool

You're following the two stories? 😂😃

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Graminyte9(m): 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
Yes boss
frankwriter:

You're following the two stories? 😂😃

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
Graminyte9:
Yes boss

Ok
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
Episode 5

As days went by, I began to get more inclined toward campus life. Indeed, it was a different phase of life.

You would see several kinds of characters, the wannabee politicians, those comrades always on suits and corporate wear, even under the scorching sun. Always addressing students and feeding them with those ‘acquire to aspire' blah blah blah.

How about the city guys? You would see them powl fresh students-congested areas, they have a mission and they will do anything to get that girl’s number and everything that comes after it.

There were also prayer warriors who turned every building into a fellowship center.
Mehnn, so many kinds of people on campus. The business-minded students, the photo freaks, then the non-academic students; a few sporadic appearances on some days.

The list is plenty

The next day in class, I couldn’t meet up early, so I sat in the back seat. We were over a hundred, and not just my department alone, other departments under my faculty were also learning upstairs at Sosc extension.
We waited patiently for the professor to come to class and lecture us. I was beside two of my male coursemates, Chris and Ifenna.

The lecture hall was so noisy and bubbled with students trooping in and outside.
Chris and Ifenna were both having a serious argument about which department has the most beautiful girl in our faculty (School of Biological Sciences). Chris said it was Biotechnology, but Ifenna insisted it was our department, Microbiology.

While they were busy arguing, a young man in a black suit walked into our hall alongside our rugged class rep, Emmanuel, who always dressed like a ghetto boy. Sometimes I wondered why he was even made a class rep in the first place.

“Please, let’s have it silent,” Emmanuel announced when he got to the front with the young man, who had a small black bag with him.

“Who is this one?” Ifenna asked a rhetorical question.

“Please, we have a man of God before us. He wants to share some words with us. Let’s give him an audience,” Emmanuel announced.

Silence.

The man dropped his bag at a corner and brought out a sizeable Bible. He then made a step forward, coughed, and cleared his throat, and then he began:

“Greetings, my beloved brethren. It’s a pleasure to stand before you all. I’m sure none of you have seen me before, and this is also my first time being in this class. I graduated from this school four years ago and I can tell you for sure it wasn’t easy, but God saw me through.

He continued: “For sure, alone you can fail, but with God you are unstoppable. I was once, like you, a fresher, when I came into the campus. I knew the challenges I faced and the things I did that I wasn’t supposed to do, not until I found God and he changed everything about my life. This is not a sermon to scare you, but knowing God is a beautiful thing, and I would advise every one of you to be prayerful and hold on to your maker, for he is the author and finisher of your faith.”

The young man went on and kept preaching a heart-touching sermon that got everyone’s attention. His preaching was very sound as he kept backing it up with stories and references, unlike those random and boring sermons we hear daily. He was eloquent as well and I loved the way he spoke.

Not quite long. The atmosphere changed as he began to charge in prayer. He prayed in tongues, sweating, and went round.

I noticed a few students fell under the anointing. The lecture hall was calm except for his voice and that of a few students who joined him in prayers.
He went on to pray for us, after which he did a bit of motivational talk, and I must confess he was good at it. He really got our attention with his eloquent speech and I was so impressed by his command of the English Language.

But something happened, all of a sudden, he pointed towards the back seats.

“You over there?”

Almost everyone turned and looked to see who he was pointing at.

“Yes, you wearing a white shirt."

My heartbeat paused and it was at that point I knew he was pointing at me. I felt like Tupac, (All eyes on me).

“You mean me?” I pointed at myself.

“Yes,” he nodded his head.

“Young man, I see a lot of potential in you. You are going to be great, but you need to be very prayerful at all times or else
”

“Thank you, sir,” I mumbled, feeling uneasy and shy. Then I looked up and just then I sighted Jessy. She was staring at me.

Why was she even staring? I guess she was sitting beside Cynthia, but I didn’t see Cynthia.

After the class that day, one girl walked up to where I was sitting, relaxing in the back seat.

“Hi, my name is Benita but most of my friends call me Benny.”

“Oh, nice to meet you. I’m Franklin. What department?”

“Biotechnology and you?” She asked.

“Microbiology, I answered.”

As I said, four departments were learning together in one lecture hall. Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, and Biology departments, all from the School of Biological Sciences.

She sat on the empty seat beside me and I kept wondering why she came to meet me.

“See, I have heard a lot about you. I heard you are intelligent. Even this pastor confirmed you’re a great person,” Benita began to blow my trumpet right before me.

“Hmm? What if the pastor was just hyping without clear vision?”

“How can you say that? Didn’t you see how people were falling while he was praying? Do you think it’s all men of God who possess such power?” I believe in him, and I’m sure he is a real man of God.” She sounded convincingly.

“Well, I’m not doubting his prophecy. I’m actually an average student. Although, I always do my best to read ahead of the lecturers and that doesn’t make me intelligent. Some of my friends think I will run ma.d soon if I don’t slow down the way I read these days."

We both giggled.

“Wow, take it easy, Franklin. You know this is a university, you know there’s nothing like first position and all competition,” she jokingly said and we laughed.

Benita and I talked for a few minutes, and then one thing led to another, and we exchanged contacts. The connection was quick. The babe doesn’t look bad anyway. She was a black beauty with an endowed backside. Even when she left, I could perceive her cologne and she smelled really good.

Later in the evening, when I was home, I called Cynthia, but she didn’t pick up on the first ring. Then I called her again before she eventually answered her call.

“Hello Cynthia, how are you?”

“Fine,” she replied lamely and kept mute. The one-word response showed she was still angry or something.

“You don’t sound happy. Hope all is well?”

“Sure, everything is fine.”

“OK, if you say so.”

“Yeah.”

“I didn’t see you in school today.”

“Well, I came, but left before the class ended.”

“It’s alright. That was why I called because I didn’t see you. So, I decided to be sure everything was fine.”

“Thank you for checking up, Frank. I’m fine.”

I waited to hear if she would say anything concerning the Mth101 tutorial we once discussed. It was on a Friday and we could have it the next day, but Cynthia seemed not really interested in furthering the conversation.

On the other hand, I didn’t even want to talk about it, so she wouldn’t think I was desperate to see her. After all, she was the one who needed it and not me, I said to myself.

“OK, then. I’ll see you in school on Monday,” I said after a few seconds of silence.

“Okay, Take ca..,” She didn’t get to finish up before my airtime got exhausted.

Damn, that was a poor and boring conversation and it didn’t brighten my evening like I had thought. So, I decided to stroll out to the street to see some of my friends.

I had just locked the lodge gate and moved a little bit when someone shouted my name from afar. When I turned, lo and behold, Benita was coming out from a lodge just adjacent to ours. She wore a Jean bum short with a red armless.

Ebony beauty. That’s exactly what she was.

“Frank, how are you?" She greeted, stretching out her right hand like a boy would do. I did shake her hand while she smiled.

“I’m fine. Do you stay around here?”

“Yes, that’s my lodge over there. She pointed at a blue-painted house.

“Okay, that’s fine.”

“I saw you earlier today around Sunic. I was calling you but you didn’t answer.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I think I had my earphones on then, so I didn’t hear you.”

“It’s fine. You are forgiven.”

“Thank you.”

The next thing she said was, “I’m hungry, let’s go inside your lodge and get something to eat.”

“I’m not sure if I have any food.”

“Not even noodles?” she queried.

Deep down, I was like, who sent this girl to me? How could she be telling me she was hungry when I barely knew her? I mean, we just met recently.
But I didn’t want to sound stingy, or perhaps look poor before her, first impression they say matters. So, I told her I’ve got some noodles left in the carton.

We went inside. I got to where I kept the carton of Indomie noodles, It was just remaining 6, so I picked two. I turned to hand her over the noodles, but Benita was already sitting on my bed, pressing her phone.

As I moved closer to the bed, my gaze fell on her fresh laps. The bum shorts barely covered her melanin-popping laps.
I quickly averted my eyes.

Potential child, thou shall not be tempted, I reminded myself.

“Take your noodles, go and cook it.” I handed her the two packs and pointed towards the kitchen. “There is also egg if you wish.”

Benita didn’t answer, neither did she stand up. She kept the noodles by her side and continued with her phone.

“It seems you are not hungry again?”

“Come and see this funny movie I’m seeing on YouTube,” she shifted, and I sat beside her.

“It was one of those comic series.”

As I looked sideways, my eyes went down to her cleavage. I was lost in thoughts. Different pictures came into my head. She kept laughing and vibrating, and that made her breasts shake slowly. I smiled sheepishly. Benitathoughts I was smiling at what she was watching, and she brought her phone closer so I could view it better.

That single act made the side of her big breast touch my arms. I felt something like an electric shock and then a bulge in my shorts.

To be continued...

© Frank The Writer

Please, Like, Comment, and Share.

3 Likes

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Graminyte9(m): 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2023
Wahala Promax....

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:47am On Sep 02, 2023
Graminyte9:
Wahala Promax....
shocked
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by quadri956(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2023
Feed me more!! đŸ„¶

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:06am On Sep 03, 2023
Episode 6

So many things went through my mind at that point. I crossed my legs and placed my hands on my lap to cover the bulge in my shorts so Benita wouldn’t see it.

Oh God, what kind of temptation is this?

Why is this girl now comfortable with me and tempting me?

I placed one hand on her shoulder and she didn’t complain or remove my hand. I looked at her, and she looked at me too. I smiled and she smiled too. I tried to get closer and initiate a kiss. She kept staring at me and just then a heavy knock came on my door.

Then I remembered the dream I had the other day at the library while I was trying to kiss the girl from the shop.
My heart skipped a second and I quickly let her go, instantly regaining myself from lust.

"Who is there?" I asked.

"It’s me, Emeka," came a voice from the door.

"Please, can I borrow your charger? John just turned on the generator," he said politely.

"These people are always borrowing all the time," I murmured and climbed down from the bed.

I stood up and opened the door for him. Benita was already in the kitchen preparing noodles. She left for the kitchen immediately when she heard the knock. The room and the kitchen were linked up together. You could be in the kitchen and someone in the room wouldn't see you.

When Emeka came in, Benita said she wanted to charge her phone too. So I gave Emeka one of my chargers and then the second charger I gave him to charge Benita's phone too, and he obliged.

I re-sprayed the bed sheet and sat on the bed pressing my phone. One part of me was curs!ng Emeka for intruding, and another part thanked God I didn’t fall into temptation, even though I nearly did.

When finally her noodles were ready, she served it on the plate and returned to the bed with two forks. I told her I had eaten and besides the noodles weren’t much for two people to share.

The aroma filled the room. I bet she was a good cook. The way she garnished the noodles and eggs kept me salivating.

Silence accompanied us while I scrolled through my phone and she devoured the hot noodles blowing it at intervals.

Moments later, I got a phone call and it was Chido calling. He said he was close to my lodge and asked if I was around, I replied positively and he said he would be in my room sooner.

I looked at Benita, she was almost done with the food. I thanked God because I didn’t want Chido to request for his. I had just four packs left in that carton and I didn't know when I would buy another one.

Chido came in minutes after Benita dropped the plates in the sink. He wore a jeans trouser and a white polo. He was on short dreadlocks.

"Oh boy, how far?"

He turned to my direction and we shook hands.

"Babe, what’s up?" He turned to Benita, who was relaxing on the bed.

" I’m good and you?"

"Everywhere is good," replied Chido, who slumped on my bed tiredly.

Benita was just staring at the wall, patiently waiting for her phone to charge a little at John’s apartment.

"How about the engine drawing assignments? Did you guys later submit it?" Chido broke the short silence in the room.

"Hmm, you thought I was joking? We did oo. That man is very strict. He threatened to fail as many that didn’t comply with his instructions."

"Hmm, what’s his name again?" He asked.

"Engr. Chikwue."

"Oh, okay. I thought it was even Engr. Okafor. I heard he’s the most strict among Engine drawing lecturers."

Chido and I went on to talk about school stress, assignments, and all that school stuff. He told me he would be going home next weekend to get some foodstuff from home. He kept complaining about how school had drained him financially and emotionally. Chido was an orphan. He lost his parents some years ago and life hasn’t been the same ever since. I quite felt pity for him because I knew his pains

"My birthday is in two weeks. I’m inviting you both," Benita cut in between our discussion.

"Oh, nice. Happy birthday in advance," I replied.

"So where is the birthday going to take place?" Chido asked with so much excitement wreathed in his face. You would think he knew Benita before then.

"At my lodge. It will go down in my room and it promises to be mind-blowing. Lots of fun and games will be involved," she answered.

"No problem, we will be there," Chido replied.

I was going to say; 'you and who?' But I thought that would make Benita feel bad, so instead, I said; 'Well, let’s see how it goes. If I’m chanced, I will come."

"Frank, you must be chanced. It’s evening stuff, so you need to be there," Benita insisted.

I just giggled and said nothing.

The three of us stayed in my room till twilight when Benita asked me to get her phone from John’s room so she could go back to her lodge.
We all dashed out of my room, so I locked the door and followed Chido to his apartment after we saw Benita off to her lodge.

The next day, I got a broadcast message on our departmental group chat via WhatsApp. It stated that we had an impromptu lecture by 8:30 a.m and attendance was paramount.

I was p!ssed off because it was on a Saturday. I disliked all those fixed classes and impromptu lectures. I so much love Saturdays that I didn’t want anything to come between my activities. But what to do? I had no option but to attend.

I took my bath and prepared for school. My headphone was comfortably placed on my ears as I listened to Nasty C's Strings and Bling. He recently released the album then.
I went to school and saw students jogging towards the main gate. A few were skating while Some ride on bicycles and other sporting activities. That’s exactly what Saturdays feel like inside school.

Meanwhile, I had trekked from my lodge down to school and was sweating profusely. I didn’t have money to take a bike. I was dead broke.

On arriving at the lecture hall, I saw my classmates and other departments in our faculty seated and waited patiently for the lecturer to come. I looked around to see if I could see either Ifenna or Chris. The duo was gradually becoming my friends after the first day we sat together.

Sadly, I didn’t see any of them. I looked towards the front row and found Cynthia, my Angel beauty. She was pressing her phone as usual. I’ve never seen anyone addicted to the phone like Cynthia. She was either on Snapchat, Instagram, Tiktok, or updating her filtered pictures on her WhatsApp status.

I summoned courage and walked down to the front row to say hi to Cynthia.

"Hey, Cynthia." I said when I stopped at her seat.

"Hi Franklin, you also got information too? I don’t know what’s wrong with this lecturer. He gathered us here and we have been waiting for almost an hour." She complained bitterly.

"Honestly, I don’t just like all these impromptu classes. Well, I'm just coming in now, I trekked from my lodge down here."

Damn! I shouldn’t have told her that. I bet she would see me as a poor boy, I assumed, but Cynthia didn’t say anything.

"Hope you are getting ready for the Mth101 test," I asked her.

"Hmm. I haven’t read anything. My head is blank. I’m going to sit beside you o."

"No problem," I smiled sheepishly, excited to hear that.

There was an awkward moment of silence for like two minutes, so I had to say something just to keep the conversation going. Although I had been standing while she was sitting, I didn’t mind.

"So how was your night?"

"I couldn’t sleep last night."

"Why?"

"I had a migraine."

"So sorry, hope you’ve taken your medication."

"Yeah. Thank you."

"I’ve missed you," I said.

She just looked at me and smiled.

A few minutes later, the lecturer walked in. I was going to look for somewhere to sit down, but Cynthia said we could share her seats.
Who am I to say no? I squeezed myself and sat with half buttock, inhaling her expensive body spray.

The lecturer apologized for keeping us waiting and promised to round up on time. He blamed the heavy traffic on the express road.
Eng101 was the course, and he began without any further delay.

After the class, Cynthia said she was feeling so famished. She needed something to eat. At the end, she suggested we visit Sunic. One of the popular restaurants in school.

I hope this girl isn’t expecting me to foot the bills because I don’t have any money on me, I told myself. I haven’t even entered there before and I heard their food is very costly.

As we approached closer, I confessed not having any money with me feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Frank, you worry too much. I will pay for the food," she assured, and I felt so relieved, like a burden was lifted off my shoulder.

We got there and she ordered fried rice, salad, and chicken. Then she turned to me and asked what I would like to eat.

I honestly didn’t want to accept her offer, but hunger was dealing with me. I dropped my ego and whatever rules about not allowing a woman to buy you food for the first time or something like that. I just didn't care.

I requested the same thing she bought. I didn’t want to ask for something more expensive. The waiter brought the food on a white tray. Cynthia and I sat on the plastic chair and table facing each other.

Who would have thought that someday Cynthia and I would be dining together?
It was there we agreed that we would have our first Mth101 tutorial the next day being Sunday. She said it’s either I come to her place or she comes over to my place, whichever way, we would keep in touch and keep each other posted.

To be continued...
© Frank The Writer

Please, Like, Comment, and Share.
Don't be a ghost reader.

4 Likes

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Candid2022: 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2023
Been out of the literature section for a while now but I'm here now and glad frank is still giving us ogbonge update as usual.
But pls Mr Frank give us steady update pls🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by emmanex2000: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2023
Good afternoon sir/ma,

In need of a content writer or copy writer with years of experience? If yes, search no further!!!!

I can write on various niches and subjects such as blog writing, automobile articles, seo-writing including surfer, tech, b2b tech, YouTube scripts, financial articles, cryptoarticles, academic writings, product reviews, rewriting and so on. These also includes ebooks ranging from fiction, non-fiction, and course contents.

I deliver non-plagiarised and 100% grammar articles within the stipulated time. I also check my works with professional plagiarism tools.

It will be my pleasure working with you to making your projects a huge success.

Contact me via 07012809662
Email@emmanueloladiti31@gmail.com.

Always at your service.
Thank you.
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Xavier5(m): 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
Beautiful story with potentials 😎.

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2023
Candid2022:
Been out of the literature section for a while now but I'm here now and glad frank is still giving us ogbonge update as usual.
But pls Mr Frank give us a steady update pls🙏🙏

Alright.

I'll try to keep the update coming
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2023
Xavier5:
Beautiful story with potentials 😎.

#Xavier

Gracias
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by quadri956(m): 9:59am On Sep 04, 2023
Continue bro I’m enjoying this
. Love campus stories

1 Like

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:41am On Sep 05, 2023
quadri956:
Continue bro I’m enjoying this
. Love campus stories

Alright, thank you.
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:44am On Sep 05, 2023
Episode 7

The next day was Sunday. Normally on Sundays, I attend a fellowship in school, though I wouldn’t say I was fully committed to the fellowship. I was an ordinary member who appeared only on Sundays.

Sunday, Sunday medicine, like they would say.

They have severally convinced me to join the workforce by becoming a worker in the church, but I kept giving excuses which I knew wasn’t solid. The truth is, I was scared of being committed and being judged on several issues. Or perhaps, I was scared of being termed a backslider.

There were things one shouldn’t be found wearing as a worker in my fellowship. There were things one shouldn’t be found doing, even if it seems like everyone else is doing it.
So, I couldn’t put myself in that position where I would be restricted in social life in school because of religious beliefs. I wanted to explore life on campus not just the certificate alone.

I hope my religious brethren aren’t crucifying me already. Please hold your gun.

Winks.

So, this particular Sunday I didn’t go to fellowship because it was a combined service and it would be held at Imsu— Imo State University. Combine Services always ends late and I don’t like anything that would take much of my time. Secondly, Cynthia and I already agreed to have our first Mth101 tutorial. And finally, I didn’t have enough money for transport to and fro.

I stayed back in my room while almost half of the occupants in my lodge went to church. Well, I wouldn’t miss heaven for not attending church today, I assured myself.

Around 9:30 a.m. I went to sit on the terrace in front of our lodge to receive fresh air. I dialed Cynthia's number after recharging my line.

"Hey, Frank, you didn’t go to church?" The first thing she said when she picked up.

"How about you? I'm sure you didn't go, too. Did you?" I asked

"Yes, of course I went."

"Hmm. And you’re back already?"

"Sure. I attended first Mass by 6:00 a.m."

"Oh, you are a Catholic?"

"Yes, a proud one at that," she boasted.

"I see."

"Yeah, I called earlier to see if we would still have the tutorial, but you weren’t picking up," Cynthia said.

"Yes, I missed your call. I’m sorry. My phone was on 'Do Not Disturb' earlier and that’s why I’m returning the call now."

"It's Okay. "

"How has your day been going?" I asked, and we kept on talking.

I asked what she’s been doing at home. Cynthia said she has been washing her clothes since she couldn’t do it yesterday because of the fixed class we attended. I told her I’d just been relaxing, doing nothing. She jokingly called me a Pagan for not going to church and we laughed over it.

"How about the tutorial? Should I come or would you come to my place?" I asked.

She thought for some seconds.

"Uhmm, where do you even stay? Hostel or...?"

"Nooo..," I cut in before she finished.

"Where?"

"I live in Eziobodo. I can’t leave that hostel life. I need my privacy at all times. How about you? I asked. Do you stay in the hostel?" I added.

"No. I live at Umuchima."

"Alright then. I thought as much."

"OK. I will come when I’m free. Just make sure you prepare a very delicious meal," she said and I could tell she was blushing.

"Oh, I will try. And if I don’t when you arrive, you do the cooking for both of us," I replied, and she just laughed.

"It’s your lodge. So don’t expect me to do that. I’m a big girl, you know."

"Oh, sorry ma, what time should I be expecting you?" I asked.

"Anytime from now, but if you don’t see me before 4 p.m. just know that I’m not chanced."

"Hmm. You better be. Just make sure you call me when you get to Futo Road, so I can come out at the junction to direct you to my lodge. I wouldn’t want you to miss your way."

"Alright, she said," and I hung up immediately.

I quickly left the place where I was seated and went inside to rearrange my room. I swept the floor, cleared all the materials and books littered on my reading table, and made away with all my unwashed clothes. I hid them somewhere in the wardrobe.

I got a bucket of water and added detergents. Got a mob and mobbed the entire room. It took me less than 15 minutes to get the room looking as neat as ever.

The next thing I did was to take a cool bath and wear a blue polo (round neck) with a red shorts that was a bit below my knee length. I reached for the bottle of air freshener and sprinkled it on the floor. The room was now smelling good. All because Cynthia was coming.

Wonderful!

What if she ends up not coming? I heard a voice in my head.

What would I serve her if she eventually came? I contemplated. I remember Cynthia once said she didn’t enjoy all the foods they sold in school. Would she now enjoy mine?
Though I wasn’t a bad cook, cooking for a girl like Cynthia really intimidated me. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself.

If she eventually comes, I will buy her snacks and soft drinks. I concluded and lay on my back on the bed, listening to Nasty C's songs. He used to be my favorite rapper. I so much loved his songs back then.

Not long after that, I dozed off.

The constant beeping of my phone eventually woke me up. I looked through the window and the sun was beaming. I turned to pick up my phone and realized who had been calling.

2 missed calls already. Damn! I missed her calls again.

"Hello, Cynthia."

"Why have you not been picking?"

"Sorry, I slept off, no vex. (Don't be angry)."

"I’m about to come. What’s the name of your lodge?"

"New Orleans, It’s a popular lodge. Every bike man should know it."

"Okay, I will be on my way soon."

"Alright, I’ll be heading out to the junction to wait for you."

She hung up.

I quickly went to the bathroom, washed my face, and picked my eyes. I stood before the mirror, just to be sure I was looking good. I sprinkled a bit of the air freshener again on the tiled floor, locked my room, and headed out to the junction.

Just when I got there, my phone rang and it was Cynthia calling. I was going to pick it up when I heard someone scream my name. Lo and behold, it was Cynthia and the bike man.

"Let me stop here. Let’s walk down to your lodge." She suggested. She then paid the bike man. We exchanged pleasantries. I led the way while she followed behind me. Cynthia wore a stylish Ankara-made gown just a bit above her knees.

On arriving at the gate of my lodge, I opened it and waited for her to come in. Two boys from my lodge sighted us from the second floor, and boom, they began to hail me. You know that kind of cheering that comes with inviting a girl over? If only they knew Cynthia wasn’t my girlfriend yet. But who cares to explain? I simply ignored their cheering and walked into my room while she joined me.

"Your room is nice, she said."

"Thank you. Make yourself comfortable. You can sit on the bed or use the chair at my reading table."

She nodded her head and went straight to the blue plastic chair at the edge of the room. She sat there observing my room.

"What do I offer you? I was sleeping when you called. I didn’t even cook again."

"Don’t worry, I’m Okay. I was actually joking the other time."

"No, it’s your first time here and you need to eat something. I will be back", I told her and left.

I quickly rushed to Mama B's provision shop and returned with a bottle of C—Way Nutri Milk. The pineapple flavor. I then brought out a bottle of groundnuts from the corner of my room, poured it out on a plate, and served her with the drink.

"Thank you," she simply replied.

It was almost 2:00 p.m. when I looked at my phone.

"Please, I’ll be going back before 5:00 p.m. I need to attend benediction," Cynthia alerted.

"Sorry, what is benediction?" I asked her.

"It’s an evening mass. You are not a Catholic, so you wouldn’t know."

"Oh, thank you for the Enlightenment."

"You’re welcome."

"So we have to start now."

"Okay," she said and brought out her book and pen.

The smell of her sweet cologne really overshadowed the air freshener I sprinkled on the floor.

I got my Mth101 notebook with my pen. I drew out a wooden stool from my wardrobe and reached to where she sat on the reading table. And we began with indices.

I tried my best to suppress the feelings I had for her and taught her without having any filthy images in my head.

An hour later, my phone rang.

"Excuse me, let me answer this call."

"OK, no problem," replied Cynthia.

"Hello, Frank. How are you? Are you at home? came the caller's voice in one breath.

"Sorry, who is this?"

"You can’t even recognize my voice. Huh?"

Silence.

"It’s Benita."

"Oh, sorry, I thought I saved your number."

"Sure you did. This is my second line. Are you at home?"

"No....yes, but I’m going out now," I stammered.

"No, Yes, which one?"

"Sorry, I said I’m going out," I lied. Cynthia looked at me and our eyes met.

The call ended.

I got back to pick up from where I stopped. Cynthia wasn’t a fast learner, but she was following up gradually. She has d phobia for mathematics. I introduced a feshortcutsts and tricks she would use to get the right answers quickly. She took notes and jotted them down and I could tell she was enjoying the tutorial.

At intervals, she would pick a few groundnuts and sip the drink.

Twenty minutes after Benita called, I got a knock on the door.

To be continued...

Frank The Writer

Please, Like, Comment and Share!!
Don’t be a ghost reader.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Dirdamed(m): 10:39am On Sep 05, 2023
[which kain mumu be dis frank sef]

Episode 7

The next day was Sunday. Normally on Sundays, I attend a fellowship in school, though I wouldn’t say I was fully committed to the fellowship. I was an ordinary member who appeared only on Sundays.

Sunday, Sunday medicine, like they would say.

They have severally convinced me to join the workforce by becoming a worker in the church, but I kept giving excuses which I knew wasn’t solid. The truth is, I was scared of being committed and being judged on several issues. Or perhaps, I was scared of being termed a backslider.

There were things one shouldn’t be found wearing as a worker in my fellowship. There were things one shouldn’t be found doing, even if it seems like everyone else is doing it.
So, I couldn’t put myself in that position where I would be restricted in social life in school because of religious beliefs. I wanted to explore life on campus not just the certificate alone.

I hope my religious brethren aren’t crucifying me already
Re: Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ by Candid2022: 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
Just saw this update now but I'm not chance yet. I'll be back so let me comment my reserve till I read the latest update grin grin

MODIFIED: I have read and sure the sugar and suspense is still there bt oga frank this very episode is short.
Thanks and more grace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) / A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.