Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:25 AM

What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? (11265 Views)

ELECTIONS: Okowa Signs Pact With Urhobo Traditional Rulers / Four Things Trump And Buhari Have In Common -- BBC / Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
Gracebae:

yes the nsibidi was used by igbos, ibibios and efik......we dont have anything in common

The picture i posted of former governor akpabio, on a good day if you dont know him and he is dressed like that and that is his traditional dress, where will you think he is from? .....we dont have anything in common

The ekpo festival observed in some igbo communities was adopted from the efiks.........we dont have anything in common

Abiriba people of abia state share a mixture of igbo and ibibio ancestry same as Arochukwu and Aro ekot ekpene.......we dont have anything in common

Whats of religious pilgrimage to Arochukwu(which was like the Jerusalem of the old) observed by ijaw, ibibios, efiks and igbos? ..........we dont have anything in common.

and by the way Ibibios are republican and individualistic in nature like the igbos

its either you are not ibibio or you are plain ignorant of our history and culture?
Don't mind that fool.

meanwhile efiks Ibibio Ijaw all claim a Hebrew ancestry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by justtoodark: 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
Gracebae:
Innocent question please to my so called south south people.

what is Niger delta, what commonalities does an urhobo, a benin or an itshekiri have with an ibibio, ikwerre, efik or even ogoni over an igbo man, who is not only a direct neighbour but shares cultural similarities... For the records, Abiriba people in Abia state today are a mixture of Ibibio and igbos.Also to note Aro-Ndizuogu in Imo state, Aro-Chukwu in Abia state, Aro-Ikot ekpene in Akwa ibom and Aro-Echie in river state are of the same descendant of the biblical Aroli(younger brother to Eri in Anambra state) who are all the children of Gad who is also the first son of Jacob, that is why you see Arochukwu people and ikot ekpene people wear the same dress and their men tie wrapper. igbos and efiks shared the Nsibiri writings, the ekpo festival in some parts of igbo land originated from the efiks, the igbos,ijaws and ibibios all worship Amadioha and were always going for pilgrimage in Arochuwku all before the white man came and all through our history, there has never been a case of enslavement or fighting rather we traded with our neighbors, lived peacefully and intermarried ourselves. I want someone to tell me something similar that had happened like that in the so called identity crisis suffering Niger delta....An ibibio man jumped over the whole of igboland in southeast all the way down to benin, itshekiri,urhrobo and became Niger delta and one people..yeye dey smell.... I need answers

nonesense....arrant bullshit....!!!!...arochukwus were the biggest slave traders in igbo land....and they still hate you inferior igbos till today....i met some of them.....they dont mess around....
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by iamhorny(m): 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
justtoodark:

nonesense....arrant bullshit....!!!!...arochukwus were the biggest slave traders in igbo land....and they still hate you inferior igbos till today....i met some of them.....they dont mess around....
why not kill yourself, maybe you will finally find peace
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by justtoodark: 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
iamhorny:
why not kill yourself, maybe you will finally find peace

i even know your own people better than you...you know dey shame....a guy that doesnt even speak anything close to igbo...

shame,shame,shame.....!!!!.....
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Efik Annang and Ibibio are Igbos.

U can kill ur self if ur not happy with that.
shut up. Stop talking trash
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
shut up. Stop talking trash

Ibibio, Nkanu, Udi, Arochukwu, Igala, Igboakiri (Edo state), Ijaw, Idoma, Annang, Abakiliki, Efik, Etc are All Igbos.

Oya scream again n die.
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2018
justtoodark:

"" and they still hate you inferior igbos till today....i met some of them ""

Stop demonstrating stupidity publicly.

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by OMANBALA1: 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
The supposed Ibbibio girl started a thread and ran away while Igbos are insulted. Sad
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by mightguy(m): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
I don't knw y people are begging this people. We ave things in comon but if they wanna Deny it. That's their own cup of tea..I don't knw how having things in common ave turned to biafra cos I didn't see the op mentioning biafra here
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by mightguy(m): 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
Edah. Nkporo. Afara ibeku. Aro chukwu. Abiriba etc ave alot of similarities with ibibios. In dressing. Even some ibibio words are mixed in our igbo dialect. Edah speaks efik as a second Lang. Nkporo speaks ibibio though a little. We answer ibibio name like abasi. Effiong etc. I don't knw how biafra entered this thread

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by mightguy(m): 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2018
U can't force them. Since they deny that we don't ave anything in common. Good and fine. And please to my igbo brodas leave them alone
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by mightguy(m): 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
The high Time we igbos start minding our bizness the better. I ave gone through ntoakwaibom profile and observed he is pro niger delta republic. His dp is an evidence to that. That's y he is bashing us. We better face our igbo brodas and leave the ibibios. Anangs. Oron and efik alone. I urge all igbos to stop commenting on this thread because they can't reason well to knw that this thread is not about biafra but about ethnic similarities between igbos and ibibios. Omanbala. Selemempe.
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by OMANBALA1: 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2018
NtoAkwaIbom:

hahahhaha
that's the idea... once u r mad enough, u will do what u should have since done.. calling ur dogs to oda.

Oga, stop foaming in the mouth for no good reason. Firstly, you did not address the issue OP raised rather you jumped in here and started insulting Igbo people and that is ffoollishness on your part. Secondly, you sound furious and hateful and there is absolutely no need for you to feel like that because nothing has prompted such behavior, except some hidden hatred you habor for the Igbo which will only blind and destroy you.

Thirdly, stop behaving like a lunatic and have a civilized discussion.
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by selemempe: 7:43pm On Jul 30, 2018
mightguy:
The high Time we igbos start minding our bizness the better. I ave gone through ntoakwaibom profile and observed he is pro niger delta republic. His dp is an evidence to that. That's y he is bashing us. We better face our igbo brodas and leave the ibibios. Anangs. Oron and efik alone. I urge all igbos to stop commenting on this thread because they can't reason well to knw that this thread is not about biafra but about ethnic similarities between igbos and ibibios. Omanbala. Selemempe.
nothing concern me for here...as far as am concerned...biafra should be an igbo country...all we need is to get some parts of Anioma dat agree they are igbo...like asaba and also some parts of rivers igbo like elele.

We have everything we need...river port, air port...population..everything. i dont want to leave nigeria and join another mini nigeria

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
hope you know that the Igbos in Asaba are just settlers that would be chased back to the Yeast. Asaba belongs to the Urhobos

Ika people of agbor in delta state, igbanke people of Edo and ndoni, ikwerre people of rivers have rejected being affiliated to the Igbos.
No one wants to associate with flat heads.
Osus

"" Asaba belongs to the Urhobos
""

gringrin.
Urobo no reach 150k in Nigeria.

"" igbanke people of Edo and ndoni, ikwerre people of rivers have rejected being affiliated to the Igbos. ""

Delta state and Rivers state are members of Ohaneze ndi Igbo gringrin......Do the math if u have sense grin

2 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by selemempe: 10:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
hope you know that the Igbos in Asaba are just settlers that would be chased back to the Yeast Asaba belongs to the Urhobos

Ika people of agbor in delta state, igbanke people of Edo and ndoni, ikwerre people of rivers have rejected being affiliated to the Igbos.
No one wants to associate with flat heads.
Osus
ok wen will u chase them back? Which year?
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Patrioticooduan: 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2018
PrecisionFx:

"" Asaba belongs to the Urhobos
""

gringrin.
Urobo no reach 150k in Nigeria.

"" igbanke people of Edo and ndoni, ikwerre people of rivers have rejected being affiliated to the Igbos. ""

Delta state and Rivers state are members of Ohaneze ndi Igbo gringrin......Do the math if u have sense grin
Ignore the guy. He wants you to drag Urhobos into the matter. He might be from the North

2 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by aribisala0(m): 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
Gracebae:
Innocent question please to my so called south south people.

what is Niger delta, what commonalities does an urhobo, a benin or an itshekiri have with an ibibio, ikwerre, efik or even ogoni over an igbo man, who is not only a direct neighbour but shares cultural similarities... For the records, Abiriba people in Abia state today are a mixture of Ibibio and igbos.Also to note Aro-Ndizuogu in Imo state, Aro-Chukwu in Abia state, Aro-Ikot ekpene in Akwa ibom and Aro-Echie in river state are of the same descendant of the biblical Aroli(younger brother to Eri in Anambra state) who are all the children of Gad who is also the first son of Jacob, that is why you see Arochukwu people and ikot ekpene people wear the same dress and their men tie wrapper. igbos and efiks shared the Nsibiri writings, the ekpo festival in some parts of igbo land originated from the efiks, the igbos,ijaws and ibibios all worship Amadioha and were always going for pilgrimage in Arochuwku all before the white man came and all through our history, there has never been a case of enslavement or fighting rather we traded with our neighbors, lived peacefully and intermarried ourselves. I want someone to tell me something similar that had happened like that in the so called identity crisis suffering Niger delta....An ibibio man jumped over the whole of igboland in southeast all the way down to benin, itshekiri,urhrobo and became Niger delta and one people..yeye dey smell.... I need answers

Arochukwu was captured and subdued by the Akamkpa and they have Akamskpa kings to this day
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by aribisala0(m): 11:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
Eri and Gad

lolololololololololololol

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by aribisala0(m): 11:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
sean1000x:

Young lady I thank you for opening this thread. First thing you must know is most of the people if not all you replied are Yorubaas pretending to be from Akwa Ibom. You need to know this as we have been dealing this charlatans for years, whose mission is to continue to divide us. This wicked people!

Now to add to your point, you are spot on. Also have you noticed the startling physical resemblance between most Abians and Ibibios? I can spot a person from Abia and Ibibio in abroad and they keep asking me...how do I identify them. I told them by their head shape. The first day I saw Nnamdi Kanu, I thought he was from Ibibio. Same goes for Orji Uzor Kalu, Theordore Orji, Vicotr atta, and Akpabio...focus on the similarity in their head shape. Same goes for Gen. Philip Effiong, Emmanuel Udom, e.t.c. Tells me they descended from one person as you said...Arochukwu.

Now, pay attention to the traditional attire Nnamdi Kanu has been wearing in the recent months as he hosts visitors, which includes wrapper and compare it to what Akpabio is wearing in the pic you posted. A typical Nigerian would think it's an Ibibio dressing, not knowing that Abians also dress like that.

Just from observing their heads,

Wow!!
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by pyxon(m): 11:18pm On Aug 03, 2018
hmbassey1960:
our ancestory first made their settlement in Arochukwu.because of the ill-mannered igbo the had to immgrate from there the ekpo or ekpe of the akwa-cross people is not the same,igbo and the Akwa-cross are not the same why are you forcing yourselfes on us for God sake you guys shud go find ur way we don't want to be part of your shitting stuff okay

Trash. Ekaette houseboy
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by aribisala0(m): 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2018
Why do the Ibos call Akwa Ibom people Mmongo
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by pyxon(m): 11:37pm On Aug 03, 2018
My Biafra contains no south south tribes. I had to separate fights of my ogoja and Ibibio course mates back in school. Akwa ibom and cross river folks are vindictive wicked diabolical folks

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by galaxi(m): 12:31am On Aug 04, 2018
unfortunately,people will always argue about this,many years ago in this forum a topic like this came up and i gave an explanation about the most Igbo group closely related to the ibibio people and i was attacked even by my fellow Igbo people.

The fact,Nkporo,abiriba,Eda,ohafia and part of Ikwu Ano(umuahia) in the present day abia and ebony states are closely related to the Ibibio people and it's obvious as we share same culture,same ceremonial foods and even traditional attire.

We do not not have a local name for spoon,plate,plantain etc.,we use same words used by Ibibio's.
A little research will confirm the above.

I will stop here,but any person from the mentioned areas that knows his family history very well understands his relationship with the ibibio people.

Unfortunately,people sit behind their computers and claim knowledge of everything,even if they may never have traveled ten miles away from there location since birth.

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by galaxi(m): 12:33am On Aug 04, 2018
mightguy:
Edah. Nkporo. Afara ibeku. Aro chukwu. Abiriba etc ave alot of similarities with ibibios. In dressing. Even some ibibio words are mixed in our igbo dialect. Edah speaks efik as a second Lang. Nkporo speaks ibibio though a little. We answer ibibio name like abasi. Effiong etc. I don't knw how biafra entered this thread

Bro. kah, are you an Nkporo man?

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by ghostfacekillar(m): 1:01am On Aug 04, 2018
galaxi:

Bro. kah, are you an Nkporo man?
ka ooo. Yes am from nkporo

2 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Ukaegbumbeh(m): 1:34am On Aug 04, 2018
hmbassey1960:
Number one we are not children of Gad and we and the igbo don't have anything in common have you seen any igbo speak tribe in akwa ibom or cross river we have no cultural similarites we chose the other minorites tribes because we have alot in common and can live in peace without problem.nt like the igbo who claim to smart not knowing they are just fooling theirself as for the nsibidi we do nt share it with igbo our tradition is different am and ekpe member i can educate you more about nisibidi.i have in we don't want to be associated with the igbo
The Obong of Calabar in Cross river state and the Enachioken of Abiriba in Abia state Can you differentiate this two kingdoms even the attire is one.

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by nengibo: 6:39am On Aug 04, 2018
Ukaegbumbeh:
The Obong of Calabar in Cross river state and the Enachioken of Abiriba in Abia state Can you differentiate this two kingdoms even the attire is one.
The similarities are there because Abriba and other Abia ppl have Ibibio, annang ancestry and not the other way around, these people are all Ibibios and should be part of Niger delta, if we want to landgrab like the igbos
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:42am On Aug 04, 2018
[quote author=nengibo post=69970437]
The similarities are there because Abriba and other Abia ppl have Ibibio, annang ancestry and not the other way around, these people are all Ibibios and should be part of Niger delta, if we want to landgrab like the igbos[/quote. U peeps don't get this thread. Do you? The thread was about similarities between igbos and ibibios not about biafra but some retards ave turned into another thing
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:44am On Aug 04, 2018
nengibo:

The similarities are there because Abriba and other Abia ppl have Ibibio, annang ancestry and not the other way around, these people are all Ibibios and should be part of Niger delta, if we want to landgrab like the igbos
we didn't claim them to be igbo people. We are jst pointing out similar between us and them. Nothing more

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC / Abubakar Shekau: Army Offers N3 Million For Information That May Lead To Arrest / Nigeria Will Change If We Obey God - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.