Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? (10481 Views)

ELECTIONS: Okowa Signs Pact With Urhobo Traditional Rulers / Four Things Trump And Buhari Have In Common -- BBC / Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Unimaginable123: 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

Ishi I am Ibibio OK ??
As in Ibibio the Largest ethnicity in Aks, making up close to 75% of Akwa Ibom state population...

So where is this noisy dog dat is barking up and down from ? Lemme know what I will tell its owners after cooking it ...
for my love for ibibio people, I will let u rant away your sorrow.
Effiong, an ibibio man, was the deputy head of state in the defunct Biafra. Another ibibio man will be the next deputy head. So u are too insignificant in ibibio affairs. Ur opinion doesn't matter a bit. U can't do more than a dead rat

7 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by nengibo: 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
We the ipob are still in pain from the Akwaibom snub, we must lick deir asss & beg dem to join bia_fraud....

7 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2017
Unimaginable123:
are u so ashamed of your tribe that u cannot mention it?

I AM A VERY PROUD AND LOUD IBIBIO BOY... Suck on dat

4 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by hmbassey1960(m): 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2017
CutieGuy:
bia dis idiat ..... Obu na imaghi ife. Tunda gbarie gi isi ebea.
Ijiri asusu ndi mba mmiri nwotu mu ozoo. Isi a agbarie gi. Igburu onye ara. grin grin
Eka ufo eyen uneghe idok mpko nno fi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Effiong, an ibibio man, was the deputy head of state in the defunct Biafra. Another ibibio man will be the next deputy head. So u are too insignificant in ibibio affairs. Ur opinion doesn't matter a bit. U can't do more than a dead rat

Hahahahaha
Kasseh unam ikod, shebi our post na Deputy head of state nko ntro ?
Philip Effiong trusted u guys, but when it mattered most, Ojukwu abandoned him and ran, wearing a dress..

Philip Effiong knowing that the Igbo cowards have left him to fight and die, swore never to repeat such folly.. Hence his renoucing u guys and surrendering...
you guys abandoned us before, we are not dumb enough to trust u cowards the 2nd time.. U guys feel u can always cause war and leave it for Niger Deltans to fight ? Itipeke.

7 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2017
Unimaginable123:

Hahahahaha
Kasseh unam ikod, shebi our post na Deputy head of state nko ntro??
Philip Effiong trusted u guys, but when it mattered most, Ojukwu abandoned him and ran, wearing a dress..

Philip Effiong knowing that the Igbo cowards have left him to fight and die, swore never to repeat such folly.. Hence his renoucing u guys and surrendering...
you guys abandoned us before, we are not dumb enough to trust u cowards the 2nd time.. U guys feel u can always cause war and leave it for Niger Deltans to fight ? Itipeke.

4 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by hmbassey1960(m): 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2017
Unimaginable123:
gibberish as usual. Stop drinking ogogoro.
ogogoro kill you dey klab masik

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by hmbassey1960(m): 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

Hahahahaha
Kasseh unam ikod, shebi our post na Deputy head of state nko ntro??

you know see wetin em talk na deputy na fit us

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by greenmonk: 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
Gracebae:
Innocent question please to my so called south south people.

what is Niger delta, what commonalities does an urhobo, a benin or an itshekiri have with an ibibio, ikwerre, efik or even ogoni over an igbo man, who is not only a direct neighbour but shares cultural similarities... For the records, Abiriba people in Abia state today are a mixture of Ibibio and igbos.Also to note Aro-Ndizuogu in Imo state, Aro-Chukwu in Abia state, Aro-Ikot ekpene in Akwa ibom and Aro-Echie in river state are of the same descendant of the biblical Aroli(younger brother to Eri in Anambra state) who are all the children of Gad who is also the first son of Jacob, that is why you see Arochukwu people and ikot ekpene people wear the same dress and their men tie wrapper. igbos and efiks shared the Nsibiri writings, the ekpo festival in some parts of igbo land originated from the efiks, the igbos,ijaws and ibibios all worship Amadioha and were always going for pilgrimage in Arochuwku all before the white man came and all through our history, there has never been a case of enslavement or fighting rather we traded with our neighbors, lived peacefully and intermarried ourselves. I want someone to tell me something similar that had happened like that in the so called identity crisis suffering Niger delta....An ibibio man jumped over the whole of igboland in southeast all the way down to benin, itshekiri,urhrobo and became Niger delta and one people..yeye dey smell.... I need answers
So this is how you will go about getting your biafra.
Before now it was the ikwerres who are the same with ibo but not the same with urhobo, today it is the ibibio, 2moro it will be benue, kwara, kogi and the map would be drawn to edo and israel. Seems you people are really confused on who is really your kins.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Unimaginable123: 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2017
hmbassey1960:
ogogoro kill you dey klab masik
what's this nwa mba mmiri saying?

2 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by hmbassey1960(m): 10:06pm On Jun 26, 2017
Unimaginable123:
what's this nwa mba mmiri saying?
nah you be nwa mba

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by doublewisdom: 10:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
Gracebae:

you are talking nonsense and contradicting yourself.I thought you said we dont have anything in common with the igbos? if our ancestors have settled in arochukwu and latter migrated, that means they not only have interacted but also would have learnt and exchanged values and culture

You see how foolish you are? Nobody is forcing anybody here i only ask what do i have in common with you dumb benin, itshekiri and urobo people that you come and lump everybody into Nigerdelta gibberish like as if we are one people, culture and nation?
Wicked! !! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by doublewisdom: 10:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
reptile1:

The issue here is totally way above ur thinking perspectives. Dont drag me into it
grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
hmbassey1960:
Number one we are not children of Gad and we and the igbo don't have anything in common have you seen any igbo speak tribe in akwa ibom or cross river we have no cultural similarites we chose the other minorites tribes because we have alot in common and can live in peace without problem.nt like the igbo who claim to smart not knowing they are just fooling theirself as for the nsibidi we do nt share it with igbo our tradition is different am and ekpe member i can educate you more about nisibidi.i have in we don't want to be associated with the igbo
One example: His Eminence Ekpo Abasi Otu (v) the Obong of Calabar in Cross river state and his Brother His Majesty K.K Ogbu(iv) the Enachioken of Abiriba in Abia state . lgbo Akwacross has manythings in common, you may kiss the truth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by GodIsBiafran: 11:10pm On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
[s]whether they have relationship with Igbos or not,
lets leave the minorities alone biko.
Igbos biko, leave these minorities alone[/s].
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 26, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

[s]Ipob can mumu ehnn.

Is dis not the pics that was shared of NK receiving title from a group in Bayelsa ? Now this idiot thinks its same as Ibibio regalia..

Mbufo eme simmeh oo[/s]

7 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2017
The only thing they have in common is telling IPOB that they are not part of Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra.

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by hmbassey1960(m): 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2017
Ukaegbuagbaieni:
One example: His Eminence Ekpo Abasi Otu (v) the Obong of Calabar in Cross river state and his Brother His Majesty K.K Ogbu(iv) the Enachioken of Abiriba in Abia state . lgbo Akwacross has manythings in common
and so what?even cuban people share a lot with us in common. your ogbu ebi like say him no sabi him mama wella were you dey talk say nah him broda

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 11:59pm On Jun 26, 2017
hmbassey1960:
and so what?even cuban people share a lot with us in common. your ogbu ebi like say him no sabi him mama wella were you dey talk say nah him broda
Did you rely read the post before commenting

6 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by hmbassey1960(m): 12:05am On Jun 27, 2017
Ukaegbuagbaieni:
Did you rely read the post before commenting
i read it an undastnd it like a crystal,tell me one good you guys are trying to put us into your mess again after what u guys did before runaway like coward
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by OgaBuhari: 12:45am On Jun 27, 2017
Idongesit85:
The only thing they have in common is telling IPOB that they are not part of Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra.
as for your signature.
That can never happen. TUFIAKWA
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 27, 2017
OgaBuhari:
as for your signature.
That can never happen. TUFIAKWA
'

Hahahahaha my brother, we shall achieve it through constructive engagements and dialogue as opposed to your Nnamdi Kanu's drum of war and anarchy.

1 Like

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by slivertongue: 12:52am On Jun 27, 2017
Gracebae:

yes the nsibidi was used by igbos, ibibios and efik......we dont have anything in common

The picture i posted of former governor akpabio, on a good day if you dont know him and he is dressed like that and that is his traditional dress, where will you think he is from? .....we dont have anything in common

The ekpo festival observed in some igbo communities was adopted from the efiks.........we dont have anything in common

Abiriba people of abia state share a mixture of igbo and ibibio ancestry same as Arochukwu and Aro ekot ekpene.......we dont have anything in common

Whats of religious pilgrimage to Arochukwu(which was like the Jerusalem of the old) observed by ijaw, ibibios, efiks and igbos? ..........we dont have anything in common.

and by the way Ibibios are republican and individualistic in nature like the igbos

its either you are not ibibio or you are plain ignorant of our history and culture?

am not sure he is schooled enough
so spare him
just make it clear u are out to educate
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by slivertongue: 12:53am On Jun 27, 2017
Amarabae:
whether they have relationship with Igbos or not,
lets leave the minorities alone biko.
Igbos biko, leave these minorities alone.

na ur people ooo
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by OgaBuhari: 1:21am On Jun 27, 2017
Idongesit85:
'

Hahahahaha my brother, we shall achieve it through constructive engagements and dialogue as opposed to your Nnamdi Kanu's drum of war and anarchy.
2019 Udom continues for his second term. He already stated that 4 years isn't enough to build the state.
So by 2023 the gubernatorial seat would be zoned to Ibiono and Obong Bassey Albert will take over as the Governor of Akwa ibom state.
Larry Esin and the rest of the Oro should go and sit down. You people will never smell power
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by fratermathy(m): 1:35am On Jun 27, 2017
I love what NtoAkwaIbom and other Ibibios have done with this thread.

These shameless Igbos like Gracebae impersonating minorities just to sell propaganda is becoming a seriously alarming trend. Can you imagine? She even abandoned the thread that she created! Such cowardice is peculiar to IPOB youths. When they are confronted, they insult you, undermine your ethnicity, threaten you and always end up screaming "Afonja" or "Yoruba Muslims"! Are they any better than Boko Haram? These are the future terrorists in waiting. IPOB has done a very good job at making Biafra unmarketable to the SS minorities. Its members are still trying very hard to make sure that they make an enemy of EVERYONE that is not in support of their dreams (no room whatsoever for dissenting opinions and criticisms).

NtoAkwaIbom, Hmbassey1960, Idongesit85, and others, you guys have done well. Sosongo for your efforts at asserting your identity and rights. Igbos can do what they please but they should not drag others along with them without consulting with them. Such arrogance will be their undoing.

Akwa Ibom Dakkada! Rise to the occasion and take your rightful place as freemen. Gone are the days when Akwa Ibomites were treated like second class citizens. I am very much happy with this new generation of Akwa Ibomites who can grab the bull by its horns. This should serve as a reminder to all IPOB youths that they cannot permutate the destinies of people in their private meetings without causing a ripple effect! The worst is yet to come for them except they come out openly to apologise to the minorities whose rights they trampled upon by forcefully including them in their Biafran fantasy!

6 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 1:46am On Jun 27, 2017
fratermathy:

These shameless Igbos like Gracebae impersonating minorities just to sell propaganda is becoming a seriously alarming trend. Can you imagine? She even abandoned the thread that she created! Such cowardice is peculiar to IPOB youths.

NtoAkwaIbom, Hmlbassey, Idongesit85, and others, you guys have done well. Sosongo for your efforts at asserting your identity and rights. Igbos can do what they please but they should not drag others along with them without consulting with them. Such arrogance will be their undoing.

Akwa Ibom Dakkada! Rise to the occasion and take your rightful place as freemen. Gone are the days when Akwa Ibomites were treated like second class citizens. I am very much happy with this new generation of Akwa Ibomites who can grab the bull by its horns. This should serve as a reminder to all IPOB youths that they cannot permutate the destinies of people in their private meetings without causing a ripple effect! The worst is yet to come for them except they come out openly to apologise to the minorities whose rights they trampled upon by forcefully including them in their Biafran fantasy!

IGBOS to apologize ?? people wey pride dong full their head finish... like u said, gone are the days when Akwa Ibomite will keep quiet while their destinies is being trampled upon..
How on earth can someone seat in enugu and plan everything and finish and expect me to not just join, but be at the forefront to receive fire... mbok dat kind think Itipeke..
IGBOS feel they can peddle propaganda... to blackmail Akwa Ibomite into joining Biafra, claiming that they want to liberate us.. God Punish dem and their liberation.. I can't waite for them to go to their Biafra, they are a big menace to this country... both at home,(Evans) online (Gracebae) and abroad (Ipob developers commission)

2 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by ayokellany: 2:34am On Jun 27, 2017
Unimaginable123:
which tribe are u? Stop hiding under AKS, ND, SS. There are indigenous igbos in AKS, ND and SS. So speak for yourself

But rogues like you n Kanu can lump the NigerDelta up into Biafra but the minorities can not speak for each other. The madness worrying Igbo I swear is divine.
Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 9:58am On Jun 27, 2017
hmbassey1960:
i read it an undastnd it like a crystal,tell me one good you guys are trying to put us into your mess again after what u guys did before runaway like coward
What is that your name?

2 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by PreyingMantis(m): 11:11am On Jun 27, 2017
Gracebae:
you are talking nonsense and contradicting yourself.I thought you said we dont have anything in common with the igbos? if our ancestors have settled in arochukwu and latter migrated, that means they not only have interacted but also would have learnt and exchanged values and culture

You see how foolish you are? Nobody is forcing anybody here i only ask what do i have in common with you dumb benin, itshekiri and urobo people that you come and lump everybody into Nigerdelta gibberish like as if we are one people, culture and nation?
Damn!

I'm in love with you...

2 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by Marcelo290(m): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2017
Don't mind those trying to create division where there is none, we have a lot in common from the prehistoric times, it's simply their divide and rule tactics that set us apart.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Ibibio have in common with Urhobo,benin And Itshekiri? by PreyingMantis(m): 11:43am On Jun 27, 2017
fratermathy:

These shameless Igbos like Gracebae impersonating minorities just to sell propaganda is becoming a seriously alarming trend. Can you imagine? She even abandoned the thread that she created! Such cowardice is peculiar to IPOB youths. When they are confronted, they insult you, undermine your ethnicity, threaten you and always end up screaming "Afonja" or "Yoruba Muslims"! Are they any better than Boko Haram? These are the future terrorists in waiting. IPOB has done a very good job at making Biafra unmarketable to the SS minorities. Its members are still trying very hard to make sure that they make an enemy of EVERYONE that is not in support of their dreams (no room whatsoever for dissenting opinions and criticisms).

NtoAkwaIbom, Hmbassey1960, Idongesit85, and others, you guys have done well. Sosongo for your efforts at asserting your identity and rights. Igbos can do what they please but they should not drag others along with them without consulting with them. Such arrogance will be their undoing.

Oga we don't want Biafra again. One Nigeria!

Now can you just give this thing a rest?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari's Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria - Falana Says / Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years / APC Leadership Crisis: I Have Not Resigned, Says Akpanudoedehe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.