Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,388 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Newly Married Couples Must Share Their Experiences On This ; - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Newly Married Couples Must Share Their Experiences On This ; (616 Views)

Dick People: Nigerian Girls Share Their Experiences With Their Indian Friends. / "Fear Women": Nigerian Men Narrate Their Experiences. See Screenshots / Why Do Married Couples Have Their Partner's Nude Pictures On Their Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newly Married Couples Must Share Their Experiences On This ; by gabolak(m): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
On the wedding day and in the full glare of everybody present, the bride will go down on her kneel to feed the groom. During the engagement and traditional marriage rites too, it is very easy and convenient for them to kneel down to take money or wear cap for the groom. The two families and other attendees will be very delighted seeing this supposedly show of being humble and submissive on the part of the bride. It will definitely attract a whole lots of accolades, cheers and encouragement from everybody present.
However, immediately after that day, the wife find it difficult if not impossible to kneel down to greet her husband again.
My question is why are we deceiving ourselves? If it is no longer possible for wives of this generation to continue to kneel down for their husbands right after the wedding day, why can't you just behave your normal self in the full glare of the public and allow them to see the real you?
Why are the ladies being hypocritical on the wedding day to deceive people and later they will get to the house to tell you that it is an archaic tradition and cultural practice for them to kneel down for their hubby?
Can't that part be removed from the party entirely?
I need mature responses to this please, particularly from Yoruba enlightened and experienced husbands.
My personal experience got me worried as my wife said doing that after the D day is only mearnt for the illiterates.
Re: Newly Married Couples Must Share Their Experiences On This ; by Headlesschicken(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
grin d change can always start wiv you n yuh household

1 Like

Re: Newly Married Couples Must Share Their Experiences On This ; by Papiikush: 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2017
So out of the whole problems facing marriages in 2017 it's kneeling down that is more important to you?
Re: Newly Married Couples Must Share Their Experiences On This ; by Victornezzar: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
Op if u want matured comments
go 2 family section
Re: Newly Married Couples Must Share Their Experiences On This ; by obamabinladen(m): 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
Those days, our seniors use to ask us to kneel down as a way of punishment. I don't know that it is a way of respect and humility to some.
Re: Newly Married Couples Must Share Their Experiences On This ; by gabolak(m): 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
Headlesschicken:
grin d change can always start wiv you n yuh household
Thanks for your response, I just don't want to force my will down her throat. she sees my opinion on this as barbaric. Am a thorough breed African man that cherishes my culture and tradition. But she said I still want to be living in the stone age.
Re: Newly Married Couples Must Share Their Experiences On This ; by gabinogem(m): 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
OP unfortunately it's the African mentality to see their cultural or religious practices as substandard thus downgraded by those who are suppose to uphold it.

1 Like

Re: Newly Married Couples Must Share Their Experiences On This ; by dingbang(m): 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
And why would you want your wife to kneel down to serve you? Is she your house help?
Re: Newly Married Couples Must Share Their Experiences On This ; by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
gabolak:
On the wedding day and in the full glare of everybody present, the bride will go down on her kneel to feed the groom. During the engagement and traditional marriage rites too, it is very easy and convenient for them to kneel down to take money or wear cap for the groom. The two families and other attendees will be very delighted seeing this supposedly show of being humble and submissive on the part of the bride. It will definitely attract a whole lots of accolades, cheers and encouragement from everybody present.
However, immediately after that day, the wife find it difficult if not impossible to kneel down to greet her husband again.
My question is why are we deceiving ourselves? If it is no longer possible for wives of this generation to continue to kneel down for their husbands right after the wedding day, why can't you just behave your normal self in the full glare of the public and allow them to see the real you?
Why are the ladies being hypocritical on the wedding day to deceive people and later they will get to the house to tell you that it is an archaic tradition and cultural practice for them to kneel down for their hubby?
Can't that part be removed from the party entirely?
I need mature responses to this please, particularly from Yoruba enlightened and experienced husbands.
My personal experience got me worried as my wife said doing that after the D day is only mearnt for the illiterates.
@embolden, it's part of the marriage rite for the lady to kneel while giving the man palm wine, which means submission of some sort if it's interpreted. Now, the matter at hand has nothing to do with hypocrisy. Even in the days of old, kneeling down to serve one's husband was a matter of choice which isn't a taboo in any culture I know of. If you need a slave who would be kneeling to serve you, you could actually get one for yourself in this era. Women are in calibre.

(1) (Reply)

Things That He Will Love About You / Abeg My Bae Talk Say I Too Dey Kill Person / Joanna Krupa Nearly Flashes EVERYTHING In Bondage-style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.