Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. (7545 Views)

With Obiano, Anambra Will Soon Overtake Dubai - Monarch / Pastor Tunde Bakare: "I Will Succeed Buhari As President Of Nigeria" / 2019: Anambra Will Give Buhari 70 Percent Of Votes – Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by hornyofife: 9:47am On Jun 28, 2017
As the no vote campaign starts, this is what i think

Am actually indifferent about the no vote stance of Ipob and all those who come online to rants as to people voting or not. The reality is, most of the people against the no vote stance and rant online about the stance are mostly not from Anambra and when they are from Anambra, most are not based in Anambra, and when there are based in Anambra, many may not have their voter card and when they have it, some will not vote and when they vote, they are in the minority.

IPOB's fan base are the Okada riders, keke men/women, the traders,tailors, carpenters, mechanics, market women, fruit sellers, transporters, a sizable percent of civil servants and students etc. IPOB have been very smart in winning the heart of these people. While most people who think smart of themselves spend time ranting and abusing IPOB online, IPOB has been busy with the grassroots, galvanizing them,gaining their trust and loyalty. This has been the tactics of some of the most grass-rooted politicians like fayose and aregbeshola. Their method may be different but the focal point has always been the grassroot because that is where you have the most support. Unlike the wannabe sophisticated people who always want to form educated,polished and come online to show themselves(this i mean for all tribes including the igbos). These grassroot supporters dont have that time. Many may not even have phones and access to internet to read all the rantings.

Once IPOB are able to captured the grassroots, they can and will always determine the direction of ideology, vote(if in politics) and power struggle

so based on this, if you like scream and abuse Nnamdi kanu and IPOB, it wont change anything.They are more focus than we can assume and it will be to ones peril to underestimate them. the only thing now is to dialogue with him and make him see reasons or better still, import paid voters from other states like they do in the past. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re2ZnIcFrbw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fapOdk2HtQ

2 Likes

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Tobicrystal(m): 9:53am On Jun 28, 2017
Huh
Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 28, 2017
Why not IPOB encourage people to vote and then ensure the votes are counted fairly both at polling units and collation centres?

This move by IPOB is flatly wrong

The enemies of Igbos and our adversaries don't want Igbos to vote!

They will rather Ndigbo engage in voter apathy

Ipob and Nnamdi Kanu need to rather get out the Igbo vote on Election Day and ensure it counts!
Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 28, 2017
krendo:
Why

I doubt if Igbos have any enemies out there aside the ones that are REACTING to Igbotic nonsense lately.

The enemies Igbos have are themselves. They are of two categories: Igbos, and Igbos. The later is Igbo and an enemy in disguise (from the bad blood they created for Igbos in other parts of Nigeria).

2 Likes

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by dudebuck: 10:21am On Jun 28, 2017
krendo:
Why not IPOB encourage people to vote and then ensure the votes are counted fairly both at polling units and collation centres?

Ipob and Nnamdi Kanu need to rather get out the Igbo vote on Election Day and ensure it counts!

No I entirety support it. BTW my mom is from Osumenyi and my dad is from Uli, so I am Anambra all THROUGH! Every politician in Nigeria has been corrupted, so there is no need of doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result each time. What will the governor do if not trying to please the Nigerians, which includes killing my brothers and sisters, it is better they send an interim or illegitimate man or woman, than voting for a person that will turn against you in the future, you cannot be a Biafran and engage in nigerian politics, Nnamdi kanu cannot vote nor be voted for of course he has the right but when you put into context the Biafran agitation he is leading, it will put him in a bad situation, so also it is for us his admirers and followers.
The man you will be voting for will go to Abuja and collect money to fill his pockets and forget about you the electorate, who stood in the sun to vote him. APGA was formed to carry the agitation forward but was immediately infiltrated and now APGA is nothing Biafran, so why do the exact same thing again and again and expect a different result each time?

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by hornyofife: 10:31am On Jun 28, 2017
krendo:

That is where people get them wrong. They have said they don't want to vote in a Nigerian election, all they want is referendum.So anything that has to do with voting/Nigerian politics is not their business. Funny enough, Nigeria is full of people with double standards.
Initially when ipob campaign and protest started gathering momentum especially when NK was in the prison, it was these same Nigerians that said if Biafrans want to go, they should withdraw all their political office holders. From those in the national assembly to governors and other appointees. i wonder why the jittery now that Biafrans want to live to that challenge.

These are the same Nigerians that were happy and dancing up and down when kaduna declaration was made, Now Biafrans are living to their words as not wanting to be Nigerians anymore and the whole country is become unsettled.

For me i only going to take the positives and that is if we are truly serious about restructuring, IPOB's formula is what the so called progressive should have and be doing at the moment. It is not enough to hold conferences and issue out statements on restructuring. Without actions from a united South or whatsoever, the status quo will remain and we will keep complaining till thy kingdom come. Words without the power to enforce is useless. The clock is ticking. The fulani's vis a vis the north,is not willing to change, infact they are consolidating power with the military. They have been sending infantries for training in Pakistan and buying up arms. For how long are we going to remain in slavery?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by dudebuck: 10:31am On Jun 28, 2017
NLPsychologist:

I doubt if Igbos have any enemies out there aside the ones that are REACTING to Igbotic nonsense lately.

The enemies Igbos have are themselves. They are of two categories: Igbos, and Igbos. The later is Igbo and an enemy in disguise (from the bad blood they created for Igbos in other parts of Nigeria).

What every person was doing, When I try do to my own na catch am kill and die. Amadu bello, Awolowo all did these things, look at how their people are benefiting. But the nincompoops Azikiwe was busy living in his utopian world of coucouland and look at the situation we Biafrans find ourselves in, today. Even after more then 20 years after his death, so let me tell you, the real enemies we have are the onse that keep on trying to repeat that same error, of course they in our midst, thankfully they are a tiny minority. A surgeon can easily be seen as a wicked man when he uses his knife to cut you open. Of course he is not trying to kill you, but he will cut you open to remove cancerous cells and tumors.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by dudebuck: 10:34am On Jun 28, 2017
hornyofife:

That is where people get them wrong. They have said they don't want to vote in a Nigerian election, all they want is referendum.So anything that has to do with voting/Nigerian politics is not their business. Funny enough, Nigeria is full of people with double standards.
Initially when ipob campaign and protest started gathering momentum especially when NK was in the prison, it was these same Nigerians that said if Biafrans want to go, they should withdraw all their political office holders. From those in the national assembly to governors and other appointees. i wonder why the jittery now that Biafrans want to live to that challenge.

These are the same Nigerians that were happy and dancing up and down when kaduna declaration was made, Now Biafrans are living to their words as not wanting to be Nigerians anymore and the whole country is become unsettled.

For me i only going to take the positives and that is if we are truly serious about restructuring, IPOB's formula is what the so called progressive should have and be doing at the moment. It is not enough to hold conferences and issue out statements on restructuring. Without actions from a united South or whatsoever, the status quo will remain and we will keep complaining till thy kingdom come. The fulani's vis a vis the north,is not willing to change, infact they are consolidating power with the military. They have been sending infantries for training in Pakistan and buying up arms. For how long are we going to remain in slavery?
You deserve a bottle of big stout!
These people are very hypocritical.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Agumbaa: 11:08am On Jun 28, 2017
The reality is, most of the people against the no vote stance and rant online about the stance are mostly not from Anambra and when they are from Anambra, most are not based in Anambra, and when there are based in Anambra, many may not have their voter card and when they have it, some will not vote and when they vote, they are in the minority.
grin See casting

10 Likes

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Victornezzar: 11:10am On Jun 28, 2017
Election must hold in anambra state weda Kanu likes it or not
let em start d rubbish in abia nd end it dere

1 Like

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by dudebuck: 11:15am On Jun 28, 2017
Victornezzar:
My father is from Uli and ny mom is from Osumenyi, do you understand? And there will be no election in Omambala. No there will be no election. My vote is my power. Go to hell if you don't like it.

6 Likes

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Victornezzar: 11:19am On Jun 28, 2017
dudebuck:
My father is from Uli and ny mom is from Osumenyi, do you understand? And there will be no election in Omambala. No there will be no election. My vote is my power. Go to hell if you don't like it.
u can't force words into my mawt
Am from anambra......
election will hold in anambra.....take it or leave it
Nnamdi kanu av brainwashed u

1 Like

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by hornyofife: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2017
Victornezzar:

it will hold but be ready to go and drag people out of their houses to vote....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Victornezzar: 11:22am On Jun 28, 2017
hornyofife:

it will hold but be ready to go and drag people out of their houses to vote....
d people dat will vote are d people with deir brain intact
U think is every easterner dat is in support of dis scam

1 Like

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by facelessangel: 11:22am On Jun 28, 2017
Lets not take this as joke. This approach is what Nigeria as a country need. if you think
Nigeria will change for better with all these politicians in Nigeria sitting down and collecting monthly will change you are lying
to youself.

Revolution starts with the ordinary people not the Rich. He only want things changed in Nigeria. If he had not started this agitation, people
will not start calling for restructuring.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by hornyofife: 11:24am On Jun 28, 2017
Victornezzar:

u can't force words into my mawt
Am from anambra......
election will hold in anambra.....take it or leave it
Nnamdi kanu av brainwashed u

maybe you rent and paid voters imported from other states will vote...By the way, how many people can the government pay to vote? can government pay 500,000 people atleast to vote?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by hornyofife: 11:24am On Jun 28, 2017
facelessangel:
Lets not take this as joke. This approach is what Nigeria as a country need. if you think
Nigeria will change for better with all these politicians in Nigeria sitting down and collecting monthly will change you are lying
to youself.

Revolution starts with the ordinary people not the Rich.

you are right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Victornezzar: 11:26am On Jun 28, 2017
hornyofife:

maybe you rent and paid voters imported from other states will vote...By the way, how many people can the government pay to vote? can government pay 500,000 people atleast to vote?
mr man people eyes don dey open
y am I even arguing sef....I stay at lag
so if u lyk...u guys shouldn't vote
Apc would take over d state nd u know wat dey are capable of doing
Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by hornyofife: 11:35am On Jun 28, 2017
This is what the scenario will be if government decides to rent and import voters from other states.

If they will rent people to vote, it means they will need at least 800,000 voters and lets assume they are paid 5,000naira each.

that means government will be spending not less than 4,000,000,000 naira tax payers money alone to rent voters, and in doing that, they will have to pay them first before they vote.There comes the danger, what if after paying the voters and those voters pocket the money without voting what will happen?

On the other hand, if they government says vote before pay. There comes the danger also, what if after voting and the person in-charge of disbursing monies to the rented voters pay less or not pay at all or pay some and leave some? That will be embarrassing because those voters will come to the media to expose the government....yeye dey smell grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11nzoKjNmaI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Dainfamous: 11:37am On Jun 28, 2017
dudebuck:
What every person was doing, When I try do to my own na catch am kill and die. Amadu bello, Awolowo all did these things, look at how their people are benefiting. But the nincompoops Azikiwe was busy living in his utopian world of coucouland and look at the situation we Biafrans find ourselves in, today. Even after more then 20 years after his death, so let me tell you, the real enemies we have are the onse that keep on trying to repeat that same error, of course they in our midst, thankfully they are a tiny minority. A surgeon can easily be seen as a wicked man when he uses his knife to cut you open. Of course he is not trying to kill you, but he will cut you open to remove cancerous cells and tumors.
a very sensible post

5 Likes

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by hornyofife: 11:38am On Jun 28, 2017
Victornezzar:

mr man people eyes don dey open
y am I even arguing sef....I stay at lag
so if u lyk...u guys shouldn't vote
Apc would take over d state nd u know wat dey are capable of doing

even if APC takes over the state, with the level of agitation, the new government will want to perform to impress the people of the state. So its a win win thing. All the fears of doom is unfounded to me because a message needs to be sent

3 Likes

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Victornezzar: 11:40am On Jun 28, 2017
hornyofife:

even if APC takes over the state, with the level of agitation, the new government will want to perform to impress the people of the state. So its a win win thing. All the fears of doom is unfounded to me because a message needs to be sent
ifaaa hear
impress ko......suppress ni
Just calm down oo.....wen Apc takes over....ur eye go shine
Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by dudebuck: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2017
Victornezzar:
u can't force words into my mawt Am from anambra...... election will hold in anambra.....take it or leave it Nnamdi kanu av brainwashed u
where in Anambra? Afonja

2 Likes

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Victornezzar: 11:52am On Jun 28, 2017
dudebuck:
where in Anambra? Afonja
lol I just dey laf u
btw am from orumba north local government
umudala nanka village
Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by dudebuck: 11:53am On Jun 28, 2017
Victornezzar:

ifaaa hear
impress ko......suppress ni
Just calm down oo.....wen Apc takes over....ur eye go shine
it called an illegitimate government. The word illegitimate makes the difference. BTW what does the constitution pf the zoo have to say about people boycotting the election? Nothing, I guess.

4 Likes

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by dudebuck: 11:55am On Jun 28, 2017
hornyofife:
This is what the scenario will be if government decides to rent and import voters from other states.

If they will rent people to vote, it means they will need at least 800,000 voters and lets assume they are paid 5,000naira each.

that means government will be spending not less than 4,000,000,000 naira tax payers money alone to rent voters, and in doing that, they will have to pay them first before they vote.There comes the danger, what if after paying the voters and those voters pocket the money without voting what will happen?

On the other hand, if they government says vote before pay. There comes the danger also, what if after voting and the person in-charge of disbursing monies to the rented voters pay less or not pay at all or pay some and leave some? That will be embarrassing because those voters will come to the media to expose the government....yeye dey smell grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11nzoKjNmaI
Vitociza never jam

1 Like

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Victornezzar: 11:55am On Jun 28, 2017
dudebuck:
it called an illegitimate government. The word illegitimate makes the difference. BTW what does the constitution pf the zoo have to say about people boycotting the election? Nothing, I guess.
They won't say anything because dey can't force people 2 vote
Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by dudebuck: 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2017
Victornezzar:

They won't say anything because dey can't force people 2 vote
they can't force people to vote, Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB is also not forcing poeple not to vote, we already knew and planned it even when he was in prison, he simply reiterated it.

2 Likes

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Victornezzar: 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2017
dudebuck:
they can't force people to vote, Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB is also not forcing poeple not to vote, we already knew and planned it even when he was in prison, he simply reiterated it.
but he brainwashed dem into it
Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by dudebuck: 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
Victornezzar:
how?

1 Like

Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by Victornezzar: 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2017
dudebuck:
how?
by saying Nigeria is a zoo
and dere would no be election in anambra state
Re: Why The NO Vote Campaign In Anambra Will Succeed. by dessz(m): 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2017
Victornezzar:

guy,how ur side?light no dey wey u dey nairaland?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Makes N909 Billion From VAT in 2017 / Opeyemi Oke Retires As Lagos Chief Judge / 56.2 Million NIN Linked To Sims, Says NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.