Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." (8552 Views)

I Heard Rubbing Crude Oil Chases Away Evil Spirits.. Myth Or Fact? / Pastor And His Wife In Court For Beating Co-tenant With Plank / 7 Ways People Enter Into Evil Covenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2010
ttalks

you may of course choose to group proverbs 20:30 with the other verses you quoted (great job btw), but there are other translations that dont support that analogy.

Besides, the other verses are mainly referring to raising a child. That's not exactly the same thing as being foolish.

The language in proverbs 20:30 isnt quite the same as the others.

Just saying because some people will use this to justify actions which dont change anyone's character.

Tonye-t:

Thanx for the contributions, so it means that in a bid to CORRECT SOME FORM OF EVIL THERE IS A NEED TO USE A PHYSICAL BEATING. simple!

I didnt say so, the bible did!

dont misread the bible- calm down.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by AbuZola3(m): 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2010
Bible, nawa o
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by nuclearboy(m): 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2010
Abu_Mighty:

Everyone is welcome to read the Bible and get answers from it. Some are reading for the first time whist some have been reading for eons. However, the book of Job says "it is not age or experience that brings knowledge or understanding BUT the Spirit of God in a man". That Spirit could be "likened" to experience, divine gifts or epiphanies.

Most "Believers" (not church goer Christians) you will find are people who read and then come out at times to say "I do not get this part". Here, others step in and share their understanding. Even if not solved, at least more knowledge has been passed and everyone gains from it. Its not "solomon had 1000 wives so we too must have".

The reason for all this is that the Bible tells us to question everything starting with itself. The Bible even quotes God Himself saying if you have a problem with Him and believe that your case is strong, come close and state your reasons - if they are strong, you will be justified. That is like a father speaking to His children. Thats why we do not defend Jesus or grow hot when He is reviled - because we know He understands.

Your background made you say na wa - because your Quran must not be questioned or wondered about and this has been drummed into you since birth and has become your life. We believe anything that cannot be questioned has something to hide and that if Jehovah truly is who He says He is, He will not be afraid to be questioned or asked for proof. You believe you are defending God and Muhammad. Why can't Allah defend Himself if he indeed is who He claims to be? Why can't you question your prophet? Questioning him means you want truth not to be a zombie that recites and accepts without questions. In school, didn't you ask questions? Till now, don't you wonder at issues? So why is it only Islam ON EARTH that says No, you must not ask questions or doubt or wonder or try to find out. Just accept anything we say and even lie for us. Lies for God? doesn't that sound fishy.

I keep saying God bless you because I really like your spirit and playfulness and I believe inside, you are a very good person but you need to start asking sincere questions AND answering them truthfully.

So it is not WA!
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Tonyet1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 29, 2010
Nuclearboy your why must you use my brother ehn ehn?? grin grin very funny i think i understand you guys. Thanx ttalks and Nuclearbomberboy, Ok madam Tpia i m calm down wink wink. Have a nice weekend!
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2010
The reason for all this is that the Bible tells us to question everything starting with itself. The Bible even quotes God Himself saying if you have a problem with Him and believe that your case is strong, come close and state your reasons

great piece
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2010
Tonye-t:

Nuclearboy your why must you use my brother ehn ehn?? grin grin very funny i think i understand you guys. Thanx ttalks and Nuclearbomberboy, Ok madam Tpia i m calm down wink wink. Have a nice weekend!

you too.

All these things have been covered extensively at some point in the past- people were whipped, and flogged for various reasons in the west as well as other places.

While its true some people are so bull headed and foolish that extra flogging is what befits them, the bible doesnt necessarily have to be used to justify such relativeity.

A beatdown is a beatdown. Sometimes human interaction boils down to that, imo.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by AbuZola3(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2010
@nuclearbomb- I said nawa because the bible is funny and absurd to me, i have list of absurdity and contradiction of the bible aside from my past threads exposing some of the ridicule. So your assertion is wrong.

Who the hell told you not to question Islam ? Ask ur question right now you will be decently addressed, thats only if you re ready to learn.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Tudor6(f): 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2010
For a book that claims to be 'holy' this bible sure encourages/ glorifies some disgusting and unnecessary violence. Why is this?
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by nuclearboy(m): 7:20am On Jan 30, 2010
@Tudor:
Tudór:

For a book that claims to be 'holy' this bible sure encourages/ glorifies some disgusting and unnecessary violence. Why is this?

Why?

Did your parents and teachers leave you to your own devices when growing up or did they attempt to correct you when you did wrong?

If your answer is that they left you to your own devices, now you know "you had irresponsible teachers" and "why you turned out like this."
If you answer they tried to discipline you, you'll understand why "any loving father needs to instill discipline". Unfortunately in your own case, you rebelled and turned out like this.

Pele!
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by nuclearboy(m): 7:29am On Jan 30, 2010
Abuzola:

Bring your list and lets compare absurdities in the Bible to Islam's Quran! By the way, did you try that trick with the lighter yet? How does saying "alahu akbaru' feel with your lips burning? Just imagine what its going to be like when you're burning all over  in the hell your own book assures you of grin

You keep coming up with ridiculous assertions about the Bible and everytime, anybody that takes you up on it trashes you and you run to another thread and say the same again. Then they face your Quran and you get angry!

Abeg make we hear word. But if you think you have the liver, bring the absurdities and this time, you will find that truly, Muhammad had one real prophesy when he said "Christians and Jews are men of learning who are not given to arrogance" and "Arabs/Muslims are "ignorant unlearned hypocrites" and that you, black man Abuz, are a raisin head with a donkey's brain."

I didn't say so. Your Muhammad and Quran said so!  grin I would have said it was a goat's own but then, I'm not the holy prophet
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by AbuZola3(m): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2010
You sound angry because of what i said. Mr nuclear, why not give us fact with quotation instead of blurting.

As for the bible absurdity, i have done justice to them in the past where were you. I believe there is a peace treaty i wouldn't want to revoke or violate it.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by AbuZola3(m): 10:57am On Jan 30, 2010
Tell us which one is correct.

Who is the father of uzziah ?
A- joram (mathew 1:cool or
B-Amaziah (2 chronicles 26-1).

Solve the riddle and tell us which part of the bible lied
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Tudor6(f): 11:35am On Jan 30, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Tudor:
Why?

Did your parents and teachers leave you to your own devices when growing up or did they attempt to correct you when you did wrong?

If your answer is that they left you to your own devices, now you know "you had irresponsible teachers" and "why you turned out like this."
If you answer they tried to discipline you, you'll understand why "any loving father needs to instill discipline". Unfortunately in your own case, you rebelled and turned out like this.

Pele!
Sorry but my parents didn't physically assault me under some bogus claim of 'dicipline' or 'guidance' and look how I turned out. . . A model citizen!

But that I cannot say for most of you on here, years of parent inflicted blunt trauma to the head is prolly why you have many retards on NL today. . . This is made worse by the fact most of these abusive parents are merely taking out their frustrations on the kids. . .poor things.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by PastorAIO: 12:04pm On Jan 30, 2010
Tudór:

Sorry but my parents didn't physically assault me under some bogus claim of 'dicipline' or 'guidance' and look how I turned out. . . A model citizen!

But that I cannot say for most of you on here, years of parent inflicted blunt trauma to the head is prolly why you have many retards on NL today. . . This is made worse by the fact most of these abusive parents are merely taking out their frustrations on the kids. . .poor things.

You have a point here. A lot of what we call 'discipline' in Nigeria would be called child abuse in Europe.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by DeepSight(m): 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2010
Tudór:

look how I turned out. . . A model citizen!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by nuclearboy(m): 2:47pm On Jan 30, 2010
@Pastor AIO:

I obviously wasn't referring to child abuse parentage. Do you get the idea from my posts that I was abused? Religion-wise, my father woke up sundays and we drove around. We entered whatever church caught our fancy and I remember a white garment church where they took brooms to us cos we walked in with our shoes. My dad (army officer) pulled his service revolver in return and it was quite a sight. Army kids mix with all sorts probably more than any other category cos you move around in your formative years and catch varied "realities". But he was strict and as an example, I remember the whipping I took when he found me smoking at 11.

That didn't stop me but I wish he'd gone further till I stopped when after 19 years of smoking, I found my health severely damaged. Your western world has a huge problem (brutal understatement) because youth as it were, do whatever they please and involve themselves in all manner of things. Its come across the ocean on the tide of "Fad", 'civility' etc but we still have cultural values and discipline which have kept our youth relatively within check. That said, quite a few go too far with "discipline"

@Tudor:

Model Citizen?

Well, if your idea of a model is a [s]contentious, mocking, self-righteous, rude, over-bearing, arrogant[/s] he/she/it who believes in their right to crash any party (well, thread in the case of NL), insult at will, claim being atheist is to DENY God forgetting the rest of us speak english and know the consequence of that statement;, then my dear, you are a model citizen. But in reality, dear, all these only portray you as exactly what you claim as being attributable to others - frustrated!

In your defence, with the little information I gleaned about you from your posts, if I had your life with its attendant frustrations, I probably would deny God myself.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by PastorAIO: 2:51pm On Jan 30, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Pastor AIO:

I obviously wasn't referring to child abuse parentage. Do you get the idea from my posts that I was abused? Religion-wise, my father woke up sundays and we drove around. We entered whatever church caught our fancy and I remember a white garment church where they took brooms to us cos we walked in with our shoes. My dad (army officer) pulled his service revolver in return and it was quite a sight. Army kids mix with all sorts probably more than any other category cos you move around in your formative years and catch varied "realities". But he was strict and as an example, I remember the whipping I took when he found me smoking at 11.

That didn't stop me but I wish he'd gone further till I stopped when after 19 years of smoking, I found my health severely damaged. Your western world has a huge problem (brutal understatement) because youth as it were, do whatever they please and involve themselves in all manner of things. Its come across the ocean on the tide of "Fad", 'civility' etc but we still have cultural values and discipline which have kept our youth relatively within check. That said, quite a few go too far with "discipline"

You've got a point too.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Tudor6(f): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Pastor AIO:

I obviously wasn't referring to child abuse parentage. Do you get the idea from my posts that I was abused? [/b]Religion-wise, my father woke up sundays and we drove around. We entered whatever church caught our fancy and I remember a white garment church where they took brooms to us cos we walked in with our shoes. My dad (army officer) pulled his service revolver in return and it was quite a sight. Army kids mix with all sorts probably more than any other category cos you move around in your formative years and catch varied "realities". But he was strict and as an example,[b] I remember the whipping I took when he found me smoking at 11.

*yawn* And if you were to go to the street and whip, beat, knock or slap anyone, what would you be arrested for if not assault?

Why is it okay to assault children but you can't do so to adults?

And in Africa where the so-called youth are supposedly "well-disciplined" and "in-check" with brutality HOW IS OUR SOCIETY ANY BETTER? Is our society not a billion times worse? All the corruption and crime where did they come from? Several countries in europe have low crime rates and prison population despite as you put it "their huge problem" I wonder what happened to the disciplined Africa?

Keep deceiving yourself, its obvious you abuse kids and thats why you're desperately trying to justify this barbaric act.
@Tudor:
Model Citizen?

Well, if your idea of a model is a contentious, mocking, self-righteous, rude, over-bearing, arrogant he/she/it who believes in their right to crash any party (well, thread in the case of NL), insult at will,
The funny thing is all these nonsense you mentioned are purely subjective. . . . Good thing is the perception of an adult, abused as a child by a( most likely poorly paid) frustrated soldier is not taken seriously.

Infact in civilised societies such an individual would be advised to see a therapist rather than misfiring brain cells in a public forum.
  claim being atheist is to DENY God forgetting the rest of us speak english and know the consequence of that statement;, then my dear, you are a model citizen.
Infact, not only were you physically assaulted by your parents, they even denied you the basic right of education. . .sad.

Can you please bring ALL  the meanings of the word 'DENY' that you know?
But in reality, dear, all these only portray you as exactly what you claim as being attributable to others - frustrated!

Anything to classify me in the same boat as you, right?

In your defence, with the little information I gleaned about you from your posts, if I had your life with its attendant frustrations, I probably would deny God myself.
You obviously can't gleanread. . . I've had a sweet and comfortable life compared to many.

No child should be left in the care of an emotionally imbalanced frustrated soldier who carelessly and crazily wields his firearm in a public place filled with civilians. . . Now why in any civilised country would such a man be allowed to raise and abuse kids?

And you wonder where the frustration comes from (is it suprising you sought solace in cigarrettes at such a young age? Something was obviously missing i.e parental L.O.V.E). . . And sad enough, this thing is cyclical, an abused child would inturn abuse his kids including the wife.

Africa kids including yours are indeed doomed.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Tudor6(f): 12:15am On Jan 31, 2010
In all the rubbish you posted above, the below statement of "regret" is the only thing that stuck with me and I can only feel sorry for you and other abused children out there
nuclearboy:
I remember the whipping I took when he found me smoking at 11.

That didn't stop me
but I wish he'd gone further till I stopped when after 19 years of smoking, I found my health severely damaged.
Now, as you put it, you yourself knew your father was "strict" and from all indications knew the 'fate' that awaited you if he caught you smoking. . . . The question to ask would be why would an 11 year old child knowing what the father (who is prone to violence) would do if he caught him smoking but still goes ahead to do it.

The answer is pretty simple and lies in this word spelt A.T.T.E.N.T.I.O.N.

Such a child has over the years come to equate assault, violence and abuse by his parents to LOVE. Infact that might be the only act of 'love' shown by the parents and has become all he's come to expect.

Such a child wanting more 'love' would do anything that'll get him beaten/assaulted by his parents.

Now, in your own words you said,"
That didn't stop me "
- That is you know it was pointless. . .if the beating/abuse didn't stop you what is the guarantee more abuse will work, nothing!. But still you went ahead with this eternal regret- "but I wish he'd gone further"- i.e You wish you had more abuselove.

To systematically abuse/assault a child till he comes to accept it as a way of you showing parental love, driving him to do unspeakable things including endangering his life just to get some more of that 'love' and 'attention' is such a wicked thing to do to a young innocent mind.

This should be legislated against and such animals fronting as 'parents' should be thrown in jail and the 'damaged' children thoroughly counselled and rehabilitated.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by jagunlabi(m): 6:13am On Jan 31, 2010
Shege!Tudor, you are BRUTAL!
Tudór:

In all the rubbish you posted above, the below statement of "regret" is the only thing that stuck with me and I can only feel sorry for you and other abused children out thereNow, as you put it, you yourself knew your father was "strict" and from all indications knew the 'fate' that awaited you if he caught you smoking. . . . The question to ask would be why would an 11 year old child knowing what the father (who is prone to violence) would do if he caught him smoking but still goes ahead to do it.

The answer is pretty simple and lies in this word spelt A.T.T.E.N.T.I.O.N.

Such a child has over the years come to equate assault, violence and abuse by his parents to LOVE. Infact that might be the only act of 'love' shown by the parents and has become all he's come to expect.

Such a child wanting more 'love' would do anything that'll get him beaten/assaulted by his parents.

Now, in your own words you said,"
That didn't stop me "
- That is you know it was pointless. . .if the beating/abuse didn't stop you what is the guarantee more abuse will work, nothing!. But still you went ahead with this eternal regret- "but I wish he'd gone further"- i.e You wish you had more abuselove.

To systematically abuse/assault a child till he comes to accept it as a way of you showing parental love, driving him to do unspeakable things including endangering his life just to get some more of that 'love' and 'attention' is such a wicked thing to do to a young innocent mind.

This should be legislated against and such animals fronting as 'parents' should be thrown in jail and the 'damaged' children thoroughly counselled and rehabilitated.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by nuclearboy(m): 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2010
Very interesting response Tudor, very nice and very illuminating! Let me start by saying I was caught in school and reported when Dad visited. As to my desire to smoke - Did you ever hear the phrase "peer pressure"? Its the thingy that makes such as Jagunlabi applaud your asinine posts in the belief that you are on the same boat. If only he truly knew you, ehn?

Now, in response to your vitriolic post, I said you were rude - you replied that "Infact, not only were you physically assaulted by your parents, they even denied you the basic right of education. . .sad.". FYI, I have what I consider the bare basic in todays world - A Bachelors degree!

I said you were contentious - your reply - "*yawn* And if you were to go to the street and whip, beat, knock or slap anyone, what would you be arrested for if not assault? Why is it okay to assault children but you can't do so to adults?" Do you in your fantasy west name other people's children? or in continuance of that, assume responsibility to train them? Which comes first, Bulemic self-server?

I said you were a fool - your confirmation - "in Africa where the so-called youth are supposedly "well-disciplined" and "in-check" with brutality HOW IS OUR SOCIETY ANY BETTER? Is our society not a billion times worse? All the corruption and crime where did they come from? ". This after I wrote QUOTE: Its come across the ocean on the tide of "Fad", 'civility' etc but we still have cultural values and discipline which have kept our youth relatively within check. UNQUOTE

Self-righteous slowpoke - So you say "Such a child has over the years come to equate assault, violence and abuse by his parents to LOVE. Infact that might be the only act of 'love' shown by the parents and has become all he's come to expect. Such a child wanting more 'love' would do anything that'll get him beaten/assaulted by his parents." Here I added slowpoke because you forget you left your rear open.
in your past posts, your civilian parentage has (from your own words) assaulted you and sent you to Oyedepo's barracks for more of the same. This is what you are rebelling against. They ended turning you into the asexual thing you are now and you seem to believe we all are the same.

Overbearing and arrogant - I love my parents and teachers - today I stand out in most all I do and aside your sorry pathetic self, I doubt if you'd find many on NL who see me as a problem person but YOU! DeepSight prempted me when he expressed shock at your claim of being a model citizen. And you confirm this when you state "This should be legislated against and such animals fronting as 'parents' should be thrown in jail and the 'damaged' children thoroughly counselled and rehabilitated." How dare you speak of your parentasge and tutorage thus. The civilians who remain your hope tried to train you. Seeing your inclinations, they probably abused you (yes Daddy, please beat me) and that is why you believe all are alike.

I am a Christian, a Man, balanced and having claim to reason. Even the Muslims who I seem to contend against mostly find me reasonable and just yesterday, "JUSTCOOL" stated he invited me to a debate because I am NOT contentious! You on the other hand do not even have a belief, remain anonymous even sexwise and every thread you visit is the worse for it. Every thread that carries your name has issues even before it starts. Threads with my name are based on the desire to exchange meaningful ideas. Yet you think its MY parents that had issues? Pele grin

Better a military dad who shoots into the air to scare away a rabble of over 2 dozen people attacking him than the civi-religious fanatics who first made a pansy of you and narrowed your mind in childhood then sent you to oyedepo's school for more bullying. Your response is typically immature and coming from an unbalanced rebellious mind. You've not disappointed us. The other standard thing we see with homos like you is the acrid tongue likely sharpened from sticking it into gay ar.ses. I'd suggest you first decide what sex you are and what sexuality you subscribe to. And I repeat, in your shoes, I probably would wonder at God myself!

Finally, you are an insult to Atheism. Most I have come across are sincere people who are dedicated to learning and who don't get what we see. For you, it is a fad, an opportunity to be seen as modern. Thats why you say you DENY God. If He doesn't exist, bingo, what are you denying in your sweet and comfy life that has you hyperventilating over a farm vehicle?
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Krayola(m): 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2010
Beating children is abuse IMO, not training.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Tudor6(f): 7:20pm On Jan 31, 2010
Oh this is good. . .damn good. Lol

Everybody reaches breaking point when inadequacies are exposed, right?

We're all human afterall even behind the whole born-again facade.

I'd be right back later this evening to address your concerns and offer my help.

Please do note we're discussing physical abuse on children using a self confessed victim nuclearboy as a case study.

He's personal attack on me is merely a defense mechanism. I can only imagine why this topic will be painful for him to discuss *I say this with a heavy heart*

For those who have ears, Beating kids = physical Assault = Child Abuse, STOP IT!!
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Tudor6(f): 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2010
nuclearboy:

Very interesting response Tudor, very nice and very illuminating! Let me start by saying I was caught in school and reported when Dad visited. As to my desire to smoke - Did you ever hear the phrase "peer pressure"? Its the thingy that makes such as Jagunlabi applaud your asinine posts in the belief that you are on the same boat. If only he truly knew you, ehn?
Yeah, how convienient.

blame it on your "peers" because they ain't here to defend themselves on NL.

You knew your father was a violent abusive man yet still wen't ahead to smoke then purposely set yourself up to get caught so you can be reported. . .now any kid who does that is either daft or as i illustrated earlier seeking to get attention from daddy.

In your case, i'd go for the latter. Its obvious you told your friends; Hey guys, lets drag these cigs hopefully pappy would show me some love and attention.

I only feel sorry for the "peers" you dragged down with you in your self-destructive attempt to get dada's attention. . .poor things.

I said you were contentious - your reply - "*yawn* And if you were to go to the street and whip, beat, knock or slap anyone, what would you be arrested for if not assault? Why is it okay to assault children but you can't do so to adults?" Do you in your fantasy west name other people's children? or in continuance of that, assume responsibility to train them? Which comes first, Bulemic self-server?
You notice with these barbaric people who advocate for hitting little kids, they tell ya "Oh in Africa it takes a community to raise a man" which is an euphemism for "In Africa anybody can beat the crap outta your kid in the name of community parentage". . . I knew like all of them you'd come to this daft point hence why I pre-empted you by yawning and asking " if you were to go to the street and whip, beat, knock or slap anyone, what would you be arrested for if not assault? Why is it okay to assault children but you can't do so to adults?"- And oh, you didn't answer the question rather felt the need to attack and call me names. . .sad.

I said you were a fool - your confirmation - "in Africa where the so-called youth are supposedly "well-disciplined" and "in-check" with brutality HOW IS OUR SOCIETY ANY BETTER? Is our society not a billion times worse? All the corruption and crime where did they come from? ". This after I wrote QUOTE: Its come across the ocean on the tide of "Fad", 'civility' etc but we still have cultural values and discipline which have kept our youth relatively within check. UNQUOTE
Ha ha ha. . .what a stupiid thing to say. . .

So all the 419, looting and criminality in Nigeria came from the ocean?

Please WHERE is the "cultural values and civility which has kept out youths relatively in check"?

Again I ask, HOW is our society any better from sweden, finland where physically assaulting kids is illegal yet they have lower crime rates and prison population than us with the so-called "cultural values and civility which has kept out youths relatively in check"?- Again rather than answer the question, he chose to attack me. . .despicable.

Self-righteous slowpoke - So you say "Such a child has over the years come to equate assault, violence and abuse by his parents to LOVE. Infact that might be the only act of 'love' shown by the parents and has become all he's come to expect. Such a child wanting more 'love' would do anything that'll get him beaten/assaulted by his parents." Here I added slowpoke because you forget you left your rear open.
in your past posts, your civilian parentage has (from your own words) assaulted you and sent you to Oyedepo's barracks for more of the same. This is what you are rebelling against. They ended turning you into the asexual thing you are now and you seem to believe we all are the same.

In my past posts? lol

Rather than disproving the true psychology in my post and how it applies to you and your frustrations, you quickly went on the defensive and accuse me of being abused. . .hmmmm. . .this must have struck a deep cord within you as I can't think of nothing else to make you behave like this.

did you miss where I categorically stated that all through my life my parents NEVER laid a hand on me?

BTW, please present a quote from me or "in my past posts" WHERE i EVER stated my parents laid hands on me, if you can't, then shut the hell up. I wasn't the one pointing a firearm to your head and re-decorating your ass with a military belt so don't pin your frustrations on me.

You know the real enemy, confront him head on and let his hold over your life end coz only then can you move forward.

You might think i'm here to fight or insult you but i'm merely trying to help. I sincerely feel sorry and pained for what you had to go through and do not wish such abuse on any child. That is why i'm preaching against animals as parents.

I'm not the enemy. . . Old soldier is the guy you should point the bullet at.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Tudor6(f): 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2010
Overbearing and arrogant - I love my parents and teachers - today I stand out in most all I do and aside your sorry pathetic self, I doubt if you'd find many on NL who see me as a problem person but YOU! DeepSight prempted me when he expressed shock at your claim of being a model citizen. And you confirm this when you state "This should be legislated against and such animals fronting as 'parents' should be thrown in jail and the 'damaged' children thoroughly counselled and rehabilitated." How dare you speak of your parentasge and tutorage thus. The civilians who remain your hope tried to train you. Seeing your inclinations, they probably abused you (yes Daddy, please beat me) and that is why you believe all are alike.
*yawn* this reminds me of primary school when one person says "you're a liar and a theif" then the other equally says "No, you are a lair and a thief" and the circle goes on and on. . .boring!!

This is no time to play boy. . .

I am a Christian, a Man, balanced and having claim to reason.
Even the Muslims who I seem to contend against mostly find me[/b]reasonable and just yesterday, "JUSTCOOL" stated he invited [b]me to a debate because I am NOT contentious! You on the other hand do not even have a belief, remain anonymous even sexwise and every thread you visit is the worse for it. Every thread that carries your name has issues even before it starts. Threads with my name[/b]are based on the desire to exchange meaningful ideas. Yet you think its MY parents that had issues? Pele 
Now this quote I find VERY interesting.

When people lash out in defence trying to cover their pain with emotional attacks on those just trying to help, the leave hints and clues of who they really are and what goes on behind the facade they present to the world.

[b]"I am a Christian, a Man, balanced and having claim to reason".
. . .this sounds like some shiit they tell you to recite every morning to your face in the mirror to get your self esteem up. How many times have you silently repeated the above to yourself. . .any improvement?

When people lash out in defence trying to cover their pain with emotional attacks on those just trying to help, the leave hints and clues of who they really are and what goes on behind the facade they present to the world.

"I am a Christian, a Man, balanced and having claim to reason.". . .sure this is a nice quote but saying it a million times won't take away the pain and abuse including the insecurities you presently suffer.

Its obvious you're trying to present an image to the world to hide your hurt underneath, trying to remain relevant even on NL. I mean, its such a big DEAL you were "invited" to a thread by JUSTCOOL infact i'm pretty sure it has made your year.

I read somewhere children subjected to physical abuse have self esteem issues, always craving any form of acceptance in whatever community they find themselves (like NL). Just look at the nobr of highlighted personal pronouns "I" and "me" in the above.

Your personality and acceptance on NL is obviously a big thing for you (and might even be what you live for) but bad news, you're building castles in the clouds. A single press of the Del key and its gone then you're back to being a nobody.

. You've not disappointed us. The other standard thing we see with[b] homos like you is the acrid tongue likely sharpened from sticking it into gay ar.ses. I'd suggest you first decide what intimacy you are and what sexuality you subscribe to.[/b] And I repeat, in your shoes, I probably would wonder at God myself!

Ah, yes, the classic. . .when they've run out of ideas they accuse you of being a homo as well as using derogatory terms on these individuals.

I'll give you a hint which has been proven true; People who frequently accuse others of being g.ay are sometimes hiding their own nascent hom.osexuality

You find out its the senators in the US congress who are most vocal and outspoken against ga.y rights that they latter arrest flashing their pe.ni.ses in the mens room at airports.

Nuclearboy, what are you hiding?
Finally, you are an insult to Atheism. Most I have come across are sincere people who are dedicated to learning and who don't get what we see. For you, it is a fad, an opportunity to be seen as modern. Thats why you say you DENY God. If He doesn't exist, bingo, what are you denying in your sweet and comfy life that has you hyperventilating over a farm vehicle?
Tsk tsk tsk. . . . You know not once did you address ANYTHING I raised in my previous posts rather ALL you did was attack me.

Why are you so defensive? Why is this so painful for you?

I asked you to bring ALL the meanings of the word DENY you know and all you did was to return at me with insults.

Why is it so difficult for you?

Are you sure you really have a Bachelors degree as you claim or a senior Bachelors title was bestowed on you by your friends because at age 40 you're still yet to find a decent girl willing to put up with your extra psychological baggage and haunting "daddy issues". . . Those two titles are two different things.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by nuclearboy(m): 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2010
^^^ blah blah blah.

You're the one searching for attention by impersonating Mazaje "very poorly". His posts show conviction. Yours show the need for attention and to be known. You're the one who's displaying the lack of parental care and love by "being tough" and saying "I don't care". You're the one trying to hide your insecurity by being "strong and a power that be". Why does your voice have to be heard everywhere?

All you're saying is "Please Daddy, notice me". In psychology, its a "defense mechanism" called "aggression".

tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by AbuZola3(m): 11:35pm On Jan 31, 2010
Easy
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Tudor6(f): 6:24am On Feb 01, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^ blah blah blah.

You're the one searching for attention by impersonating Mazaje "very poorly". His posts show conviction. Yours show the need for attention and to be known.[/b] You're the one who's displaying the lack of parental care and love by "being tough" and saying "I don't care". You're the one trying to hide your insecurity by being "strong and a power that be". Why does your voice have to be heard everywhere?

All you're saying is "Please Daddy, notice me". In psychology, its a "defense mechanism" called "aggression".

tongue tongue tongue  grin
HA HA HA HA. . .because my daddy is on NL right? Now this has gone into the realm of pathetic and stupiid just for you to save face.
This thread is about physical Abuse of which you accepted you were an unfortunate victim. I didn't say that, you did.

I wasn't the one who came to the thread with

Daddy whipped my as.s silly
And I want some more whipping and abuse. . . .YOU said all these. . .so why hating on me?

noise and plenty more noise. . . .see how you blatantly refuse to address issues rather feels the need to attack me again.

Why are you so pained and angry?

Provide the quotes in my "past posts" I asked you to and stop ranting.

Bring ALL the meanings of the word DENY and quit making this personal like a 5year old.

If you keep on like this Justcool and others won't "invite" you to play in threads anymore. . .we all know thats what you live for.

Make sure you say this your little quote this morning; "
I am a Christian, a Man, balanced and having claim to reason."

And please Do not beat any child today in the name of community parentage a la man moulding. . . Its wrong and physical ABUSE
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by nuclearboy(m): 6:40am On Feb 01, 2010
Google "deny" if you don't know what it means. I'm not at the beck and call of an attention seeking troll like you. And yes, "justcool" "made" my year and I got another $2M for his invite. You on the other hand, need to gate-crash to be noticed and got "yabs" after your regular bed dramas -

gay, gay, diaper in tow
run, run, daddy is coming
bend, bend, time for your fix
Daddy please, this is painful grin

Asinine ignorant "God denying" brain-constrained double digit IQ bi.at.ch.

Na your fault? When people with brains associate with such as you, its not because you have brains. They only humor you cos they feel sorry for you. That sadly, is why you think you're applicable. Better go find something profitable to do with your "comfy life" (spent bent over clutching pillows for comfort with tears in your eyes and blood in your ar.se) tongue
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 01, 2010
umbelievers pls take it cool
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by Tudor6(f): 4:43pm On Feb 01, 2010
nuclearboy:

Google "deny" if you don't know what it means. I'm not at the beck and call of an attention seeking troll like you. And yes, "justcool" "made" my year and I got another $2M for his invite. You on the other hand, need to gate-crash to be noticed and got "yabs" after your regular bed dramas -

gay, gay diaper in tow
run, run, daddy is coming
bend, bend, time for your fix
Daddy please, this is painful  grin

Asinine ignorant "God denying" brain-constrained double digit IQ bi.at.ch.

Na your fault? When people with brains associate with such as you, its not because you have brains. They only humor you cos they feel sorry for you. That sadly, is why you think you're applicable. Better go find something profitable to do with your "comfy life" (spent bent over clutching pillows for comfort with tears in your eyes and blood in your ar.se)  tongue

Our wise fore fathers (not the crazy animalistic ones who abuse their kids) say, when strong wind blow, fowl yansh and the dirty wey dey there go open. . .food for thought.
Re: Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." by nuclearboy(m): 1:41am On Feb 02, 2010
tongue

So now the cat has and is playing with your tongue, right? I thought you felt you were the only one who had a franchise on insulting others. Well, I just showed you an application of the title of this thread.

I thought I'd find more verve in you (and get a run for my money) but you are lacking, shallow and vacuous.

Imagine a normally overtly vocal belligerent monster reduced to childlike mocking and advising moi now the chickens returned home to roost.

slowpoke. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Demonic And Occult Symbols To Watch Out For / Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God / Question For Believers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.