Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? (12452 Views)

Do People Still Cross From. Libya. To. Spain / How Do People React When You Say You Are Nigerian? / Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2007
I see post like "oh, London is not what i expected", "London- advanced Lagos".

Fact is people just jump to conclusions based on hearsay. I wonder why anyone in his/her right senses will compare Lagos and London, i mean in what regards? Even people that havent gotten to Heathrow will describe the airport for you! Imagine someone visiting London and saying she's bored because there's no where to visit? Haba my sister, take am easy London has got lots of nice places to see.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by naijacutee(f): 9:43pm On Feb 03, 2007
I don't 'this' or 'that' London o! grin
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by swing4real(m): 10:51pm On Feb 03, 2007
See how u dey defend London like say na ur mother land.I bet u never defend our country like dis b4.Let´s come back home and make our place a better place for us so that other people can take about it
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 12:51am On Feb 04, 2007
swing4real, defend Nigeria abi? Many thanks, but i wont do THAT! If a serving commisioner can be abducted and voters registration machines are being discovered in homes of political god-fathers, then i wonder what your feeble defense can do. Pls Joseph (the dreamer of course) wake up from ur sleep abi na slumber and face reality. nigeria has nothing to write home about, except for gory stories.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by alabiyemmy(m): 12:59am On Feb 04, 2007
@gbeborun

And what good is in the London self? A place where under 17 carry guns and knifes and stab each other on the street? A place where murder is committed on a frequent rate that will scare you out of your wits? Why can't you defend your own country but jump to defend another? There is abduction on a sophisticated scale in the UK, their is corruption and many more vices - you talk as if Nigeria is the only place you find issues like that,
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by dblock(m): 4:17am On Feb 04, 2007
@Gbeboru, Nah wah for you oh
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 8:24am On Feb 04, 2007
And what good is in the London self? A place where under 17 carry guns and knifes and stab each other on the street? A place where murder is committed on a frequent rate that will scare you out of your wits? Why can't you defend your own country but jump to defend another? There is abduction on a sophisticated scale in the UK, their is corruption and many more vices - you talk as if Nigeria is the only place you find issues like that,

mr to know can u die for ur country
killing happens everywhere in d word
go 2 ekpoma dey kill almost everyday
go2 lasu desame thing we call there a burial ground or abattoir
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 8:25am On Feb 04, 2007
u said what good
why cant u go back home 2 change ur country
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by alabiyemmy(m): 9:06am On Feb 04, 2007
I am already leaving the place - u can stay put if u like.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 9:07am On Feb 04, 2007
better do cos ur country need u for d next governor
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by alabiyemmy(m): 9:09am On Feb 04, 2007
speak as a wise man - not as a fool.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 9:18am On Feb 04, 2007
am still a boy
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by swing4real(m): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2007
@alabiyemmy

Thanks alot for passing the message to gbeborun.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 12:02am On Feb 05, 2007
alabiyemmy:

@gbeborun

swing4real:

@alabiyemmy

Thanks alot for passing the message to gbeborun.
I aint defending England, i'm judging based on what i see and know. We get to know about the murder rates in england because it's in the papers, countless number of people die in naija, no record! England is not a perfect place, but at least people should stop dissing it as one of them places!!! Open your eyes and see the opportunities that abound here compared to the boot-licking you've to do in naija to get a decent job. Who knows maybe you're related to the adedibu's of this world that conspire to steal voters registration machine and use thugs to hunt innocent and law abiding citizens. Guess u can sleep well in england without fear of thieves breaking in, i think your folks have that, because they live in ikoyi prisons (sorry fortified houses!) hence you can afford to blab and not see the decay in nigeria. I rest my case.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by alabiyemmy(m): 12:37am On Feb 05, 2007
fools with foolish talk.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by LondonCool(m): 12:49am On Feb 05, 2007
And to the person who said there are no places to go in London, for £2.60 (on your Oyster Card) hitch a ride on Bus 453 it will take you through Deptford-New Cross-Old Kent Rd (the one you see on the monopoly board)-Elephant and Castle-Westminster Bridge(London Eye)-Parliamentary Square(Big Ben) -Trafalgar Square-Picadally Circus-Oxford Circus-Marble Arch-Baker Street (Madam Tussauds) and you must have covered most of the famous tourist joints.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 1:30am On Feb 05, 2007
A FOOL IS A PERSON WHO DOESNT KNOW N DOES NOT WANT 2 KNOW HE DOES NOT KNOW
U ARE D FOOL COS U R OLDER THAN ME
U CA GO HOME NOBODY WILL MISS U HERE UR SPACE WILL NEVER COUNT
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2007
alabiyemmy do u have to stoop so low? u dont have to insult anyone! remember it's a free world and as free men and women we have rights to express ourselves. have a nice day
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 06, 2007
i can always disrespect london because
1. its not my father or neither is it my mother's land
2. because london is so rass
3. because all you people do is racism
4. you guys are so proud, stingy,u have low self esteem and you are selfish
5. ee kin really ko ere oko dele
6. nobody feeds me from london
7. and i don't get paid with pounds

have i given you enough reason to direspect london
and if fatliar realy took that picture in london, the person that say is no difference from 9ja did not lie
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2007
[2. because london is so rass

and if fatliar realy took that picture in london, the person that say is no difference from Nigeria did not lie

why wont u b selfish when u av a lot of things 2 do with ur money can u dash me 25 thousand naira
cos people like when u beg 4 100 pounds which is equivalent 2 25k nd dey refuse giving u d next thing is stingy stingy

ee kin really ko ere oko dele says who may b ur families dat came never took something back home u cant blame me 4 dat

is it until i snap my pic on london bridge or canary wharf
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2007
realy took that picture in london, the person that say is no difference from Nigeria did not lie

which pic did u paste dat my mum house nd am proud of it
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 10:08pm On Feb 06, 2007
u can continue dissing uk its not my problem as long as its not my fathers land am here 2 study
and go back lovely country
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2007
mubowa:

2. because london is so rass

and if fatliar realy took that picture in london, the person that say is no difference from Nigeria did not lie
I think your family is jinxed and why do you expect people to keep sending money to lazy people like you back home? You shld be working and making a living for yourself!!! Stop asking people for money ok? I can send you names of over 50,000 people making it well here and have fully established themselves back. Let me spare you, cos i know NEPA go soon take light in your beloved lagos. at least we dont compare in that regards.
fatliar pls, ignore all these ignoramus people. if they think they can compare lagos with london- fine! and that's good for them.
Long live the Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by minute(f): 11:43pm On Feb 06, 2007
oga o cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by londoner: 12:02am On Feb 07, 2007
lol, everyone does not come to the same London, if you lived in Harley street or  Chelsea and ate at the best restaurants, went to the best clubs in London, moved in the top circles, ofcourse your opinion would be different, you would be in a different London.
(well maybe some people here have, you never know)

Some people simply can't hack London, and are dealt harshly by her, but at the same time, someone somewhere is experiencing the exact opposite in the very same city, I'm not sure sure whether that is London's fault though, thats just my opinion.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by isma747: 7:36pm On Feb 10, 2007
9-9pp;o0o
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by rexfx2: 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2007
I might not be able to compare London with Lagos in terms of development, job opportunities, and otherwise, might lot be able to compare England with Nigeria either for obvious reasons. But one thing i can confidently do is compare Londoner and Nigerians afterall it take the people inhabiting a place to make a place.
London might have the best no doubt but show me a company, industry or whatever that is driving in the world today and i will show u a Nigerian occupying a prominent POSITIONS.
I repeat it takes the people inhabiting a place to make a pace, the decide the values, school or thoughts etc. Nigeria has the best people in the world in terms of CREATIVITY and other wise. We have the brains, in my opinion all the geographical location called Nigeria needs are people that will owe up that that is where they are from and try develop policies and strategies that will make it better that places like London.
As Nigerians especially as youth it lies on us because no one will do it for us but us, let every fooool shut their trap, if u speak against Nigeria then u are a bastard, it might not be the utopia but it definitely will be some day, AND I WILL BE A PART OF THE CHANGE FOR MY WORLD AN MA CHILDRED, PROUDLY NIGERIAN
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Mariory(m): 8:14pm On Feb 10, 2007
mubowa:

How is it possible to be 'so proud' and at the same time 'have low self esteem'?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Busta(f): 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2007
lol, nairaland will not kill me with laughter oh! grin
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by anabell(f): 2:09am On Feb 12, 2007
whoever does not like london,should simply go back to nigeria ,u cannot be here and disrespect d place.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by LondonCool(m): 9:31am On Feb 12, 2007
anabell:

whoever does not like london,should simply go back to nigeria ,u cannot be here and disrespect d place.

That's the summary of the whole thread. Well said.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by alabiyemmy(m): 9:45am On Feb 12, 2007
Even Nigerians disrespect their own country Nigeria and there aint no fuss about it, so what is the hue and cry about disrespecting London? What are you if you respect a foreign country much more than you respect your own country of birth irrespective of wether the country is great or not? It is a shame when you esteem your own country lower than you esteem another man's country where at the end of the day - u are a no person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Import Goods From Turkey (clothes, Shoes, Bags, Furniture, Steel Doors) / Happening Clubs At Victoria Island / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 20)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.