Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,583 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU (29318 Views)

Governor Zulum Extols Igbo Spare-Part Traders, Promises Financial Support / Nigeria Is A Poor Country / FFK Take A Swipe At Buhari For Not Offering A Speech After His Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by Oyindidi(f): 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
Good grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by nototribalist: 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
Buhari is a failure

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by mrsfavour(f): 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
Good

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by stanech: 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
The EU is now in a financaial crisis with britexit. The US now have a businessman president in Trump. We now have only china to look up 2
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by Charly68: 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
God bless the EU for this development...even the ones they have made no impart because they are either diverted or defrauded..

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by whizzyleejr(m): 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
I'm in support of EU, nigeria is blessed with natural resources and richies but due to mismanagement and money embezellment the country is moving backward always, good for us, now nigeria have to pay the debts and fund the country as well

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nigeria isn't poor, just filled with thieves

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by abiodunab: 10:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
Good move by EU we the citizen's have not being feeling the impact of it instead they enrich themselves with it.....Awon Ole Oloriburuku

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by mmsen: 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
hucienda:
Were Nigeria to be run effectively, efficiently and without blatant corruption, she should be the one to even grant foreign aid.

So thank you, EU. It could make the country sit-up - or not - as she is wont.

I'm glad you said it but everyone in Nigeria who turns a blind eye to the wastage or actively connives in the destruction is culpable. It's not just the political class but the cowards who prop them up.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by leofab(f): 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
Na wah ohh shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by chukzyfcbb: 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
make dem leave matter tell us the real koko.

Tell us you won't lend us more money simply because you are scared of our increasing debt profile and with no feasible plan on how to increase foreign exchange revenue.

coz that's the main reason not all this trash I am reading

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by Emanuola(m): 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
Please all nairalanders.Anyone who can help of a daily paid job, weekly or monthly so that I can quickly raise money in order to do farming business and esterblished myself. I have bn trying to get help from outside here for months and no one to assist.Please am dying of hunger and to save my family as well. Please, anyone who can help, may be around Lekki,Ajah or Its environs or any other places, even outside Lagos. I am an OND, business Studies from Laspotech but don't mind the nature of the job but, I cannot steal. Pls don't let this depression overcome me. I have been battling with depression for long time over no job. Anyone that wish to help me should pls contact me through my e- mail,solidlifeenterprise@yahoo.com or 08095324471.. God bless u all.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by modik(m): 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2017
NK now vindicated.

A systemic error called Nigeria!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by Josmila(m): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
This is a welcome development; UNICEF and WHO should stop giving us free retroviral drugs, free polio, tuberculosis and meningitis drugs since the governor's of the most affected states can afford to buy houses in the US.

Supported! We're not Zimbabwe, we're not poor, greed and corruption has been our major problem. I would rather these international bodies quit the aids and handouts to Nigeria. We have the resources, let's use them honestly, rather than steal them and stash them in foreign accounts

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by chronique(m): 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nice one. The money never got to us, but landed in the pockets of our politicians. The more the money available to be stolen reduces, the less attractive politics would be to some people.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by chukzyfcbb: 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
NO WHERE in this article did the EU ambassador say that Nigeria is not a poor country.

The OP just made that up so he could get front page attention, I see lots of people ejaculating already because of the topic.

Read for yourself and u will see the ambassador never made such comment

# WE ARE A POOR COUNTRY!!!

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by ugofr(f): 11:15pm On Jun 29, 2017
[quote author=pitlaterine post=57964859]
thanks for reminding me
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by ugofr(f): 11:16pm On Jun 29, 2017
pitlaterine:

So for over 10 mins you guys haven't still gotten anything sensible to say?
What a pity!
thank you
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by Unimaginable123: 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
What's EU, USAID or any international organization offering any support to a very rich country like Nigeria for?
Cabals parked Nigeria's presidential jet in Britain now, for, as presidency says about 1,000 British pounds per day. Now on its 50th day. So parking presidential plane in UK now costs us about 50,000 British pounds today. Pound to naira is about 400. So officially, Parking plane in UK is costing us 20 million naira. And we don't know for how long more.
Meanwhile, the UK Queen and British Minister, where we park the plane, don't have any jet. The both enter British Airways.
There in Europe. And u dare want European Union to dash us money when they are not fools

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by gemtlesoul123: 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nigeria is not poor country but 90% of our leaders are poor and selfish
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by DrGoodmanFather: 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
raker300:
Lol..I no blame una ..

The thieving politicians under Buhari are the worst ever seen

You need to be checked in to psychiatric hospital.

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 29, 2017
Unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by musicwriter(m): 11:34pm On Jun 29, 2017
First of all, the west doesn't give aid to Africa. Any so called aid is but a little drop in the ocean from massive looting of Africa by their ancestors during slavery and colonialism.

What aid are we even talking about?

Same aid money you queue up European companies to vacuum off with your left hand?

Same aid money that would end up in private European bank accounts?

Same aid/bribe money you give to teleguide and control governments in third world countries?

All I can say is thank you for withdrawing this support.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by inosend: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
Good move there. At least that will make us look inwards.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by tinktanker: 11:54pm On Jun 29, 2017
When govt was lying about all the xyz amount nigeria recovered, what did they expect?
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by yongg: 12:02am On Jun 30, 2017
Na so
(in Don Jazzy's Voice in African Waist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFm-b4oxcOw)

Very Good, I knew this was coming.

That is how correct thinking people not only speak but act.

Nigeria will learn lesson it does want to anyways.

Now watch Nigeria restructure, either willingly or by natural reaction.

Una go get sense, sense by force

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by Yeligray(m): 12:05am On Jun 30, 2017
True... Nigeria is nt a poor country, all the funds dat has been sent ended up in the pockets of 'ogars at the top'.. This is why i pray this prayer 'oh lord God any1 sitting or eating my money let that person have pot belle and he/she will not have sense ao will always be confused in life'.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by yongg: 12:13am On Jun 30, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

I badly want to agree with you but, this is my area of expertise. Believe me, without these funding streams, we would ALL suffer.

Some parents who would say they can't "afford" vaccines would send their kids to the same schools and markets as yours.....

Africa would be self-dependent one day....might just not be for the next century.

What you say is true, but it is for our good - that we be introspective!.

Just watch how laws will start working, by people asking questions, holding their officers accountable, I could go on and on (but I don't want to bore you...)

..and why will this happen, because the poor will be too hungry to sleep, and because of that the rich will hear wheeeeeen! Then maybe they would have seen the effect of their injustice both economic and otherwise, and be more communal to providing a conducive environment like a good government should.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 30, 2017
Nigeria has enough resources for it to become developed but no the leaders we have dont want to see a better Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by ademusiwa3r: 12:21am On Jun 30, 2017
angry
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by sayisayi(m): 12:21am On Jun 30, 2017
EU money for EU people please. If Nigerians stopped wasting their money on foreign giffen goods...the country would be like Kenya.
Re: Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU by Shelomo(m): 12:23am On Jun 30, 2017
Gbagam...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Conrad Esomonu: Suspected Boko Haram Members Invade Home In Owerri / Ekiti Lawmakers Protest At US, UK Embassies(photos) / Nigerian Senators Receive N13.5 Million 'running Cost' Every Month - Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.