Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Is It Still Important Teach Your Kids Your Tribal Language? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Still Important Teach Your Kids Your Tribal Language? (3381 Views)

Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Is It Still Important Teach Your Kids Your Tribal Language? by simiolu1(m): 2:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
konfused:

Nwanna, ekene m gi, hapu ndi a na eche na asusu ndi ozo ka nke ha mma.

Thank you so much brother, don't mind all these folks that think other people's language is better than theirs. I personally changed my facebook to Igbo language, I write everything in Igbo. I had to download the Igbo language pack of Windows Os so I can be able to write in Igbo language.

I shudder when I imagine the thought process of some individuals and at the end of the day they will marry and produce offsprings thereby propagating their wanton stupidity.

Egwu di, kama m ga ahapu asusu Igbo, o ka mma na m kwusiri isu oyibo.

Thank you for your kind words. If only the mods would move this to the front page so that others can see and share their thoughts

1 Like

Re: Is It Still Important Teach Your Kids Your Tribal Language? by Auntyme: 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
No harm in teaching them foreign languages . But when they are home visiting and need to communicate with the parents or grandparents in a language other than the English language, will they communicate in French, Spanish etc? We should train our children to be proud of their heritage. In teaching them their local dialect, the earlier it is started the better and easier it will be for them. All them foreign languages can come in later in life after acquiring their indigenous language.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Bought The Fake Haers Vacuum Flask / New Realities. / "Two Mothers Fight Over Their Teenage Daughter’s Boyfriend In Abuja"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.